Get some Spirit

dc13
dc13 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, I'm working on a cleric this time, since my mage turned out to be **** and I prefer being a support class anyway. Right now, I'm lvl 22 and am trying to keep up with my skills, but spirit is hard to come by. I grind, sure, but are there other non-expensive ways to get spirit?
I've been holding back on quests so I wouldn't lvl up and get further behind on my skills.

Also, just so I don't **** up this character, too. Would you mind giving suggestions on building a Cleric in the point factor? At the moment, she's based on Vit and Mag - both 52 (without the couple of added points from gear). Please, I don't want "Clerics should be built this way" or "You have to build it that way". I enjoy the idea of a diverse character, rather than building all our classes a certain way.

Thank you!
Post edited by dc13 on

Comments

• Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Doing quests is really best way to get exp, rep, and spirit. If you can get your hands on some Scrolls or little extras like that, it can help. If you're rich, try buying Scarlet Fruit when you can find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sternenwind - Dreamweaver
    Sternenwind - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I had the same problem with my psychic.
    So I decided to infuse my experience into my genie from time to time, only kept spirits.
    After that you have to grind sometimes 'cause you won't get your level up only by questing but I think it's the only way to learn more skills with the required level.

The positive side effect: By grinding more you'll get more money 'cause you'll get more drops ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    also, you dont have to keep up with all the skills, you can pick and choose, depending on how you want to play, like caster, dd, support, etc.. after you start doing bh s you ll end up with way more spirit than you know what to do.. so no rush there.. you dont NEED to keep up with skills, even tho it feels nice to have them.. i say dont rush. hang in there at least until you start doing bh and then you wont have have to worry about spirit...
  • Zemdel - Heavens Tear
    Zemdel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Cool, thanks a bunch, guys. :3
    I actually forgot about my genie. lol And no, I'm not rich, so Scarlet Fruit is out of the question.
    Great tips. Thank you.
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    dc13 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm working on a cleric this time, since my mage turned out to be **** and I prefer being a support class anyway. Right now, I'm lvl 22 and am trying to keep up with my skills, but spirit is hard to come by. I grind, sure, but are there other non-expensive ways to get spirit?
    I've been holding back on quests so I wouldn't lvl up and get further behind on my skills.

Also, just so I don't **** up this character, too. Would you mind giving suggestions on building a Cleric in the point factor? At the moment, she's based on Vit and Mag - both 52 (without the couple of added points from gear). Please, I don't want "Clerics should be built this way" or "You have to build it that way". I enjoy the idea of a diverse character, rather than building all our classes a certain way.

Thank you!

If u want to gain spirit .. i found out spending some money on a **** load of oracals was a great help ... on top of that u get a good amount of money... but as a cleric u shouldnt concern urself about attacking at the time.. max out all healing and buff skills first then worry about attack skills...
    u want to be a good support class thats what ull need to do.. Support skills first then Attack skills.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If you take any of the options that encourage fast leveling (BHs, oracles, etc.) you'll replace the problem of not having enough spirit to get your skills, with the problem of not having enough coin to get your skills. I endorse the genie option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You dont have to level all your skills, get the important ones first
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Support skills first then Attack skills.
    Sigh, no. Low level clerics NEED attack power more than anything. Hell, of course, keep ironheart blessing maxed but max plume shot and great cyclone as well. I would love to see cleric with maxed "support skills" (buffs and heals) doing quests without any good attack... b:surrender