New Classes

TankedBeast - Lost City
TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this, I searched for it and i couldn't one.

Anyways

How does everyone think the new classes coming out will affect us Barbs and do you think they could put a hamper on the HIGH APS ARE GODS! idea? I'm hoping that the new classes will help create a new play style as the TB did and the APS era will finally come to an end.

Opinions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
Which would you prefer?
b:sin
100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
Post edited by TankedBeast - Lost City on

Comments

• BeastKingAkl - Sanctuary
    BeastKingAkl - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    well one of the classes i think its earthguard it was said it had moderate defensive and is capable of tanking maybe? not sure though. if they have a skill which keeps agroo, enough defense and attack could we be replaced? (probably not im just saying possible outcomes)However if u consider the current state now, barbs are becoming claw barbs and at times they must let the 5 aps tank. so sometimes we dont tank at all we DD.
    When you answer a Question, either tell the truth or don't answer it at all....but never lie... b:cool

00000////\\\\0////\\\\\000000
    000000000\\\////0000000000
    000000000//////00000000000
    00000000 /0//0///000000000
    000000000//////00000000000

He is watching u so stay alert! b:avoid
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this, I searched for it and i couldn't one.

Anyways

How does everyone think the new classes coming out will affect us Barbs and do you think they could put a hamper on the HIGH APS ARE GODS! idea? I'm hoping that the new classes will help create a new play style as the TB did and the APS era will finally come to an end.

Opinions?
    I bet it will go something like this:

The new classes will have stealth and a skill that gives them 399 chi every 5 seconds. will be able to wear HA and get a speed increase that stacks with sparks so they'll get 10 aps! They wil have a passive that gives them +50 attack level and 20 HP per vit! b:shutup b:chuckle

Just kidding of course. I think if people actually play them like they are meant to be played going from what I've heard about the new classes they will bring power back to a "normal" squad. The one sounds like a cross between a BM/Wiz and I'm not sure about the other honestly. Maybe we should just wait and see though.

I don't want to get hyped up to be let down... b:surrender
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I didnt bither to look the new classes skill in the UNOFFICIAL GENESIS thread made by a forum user (much better than the official one)

but i really dont think that the APS era will come to an end EVER b:sad

the new seeker will be maybe a second tank/elemental amper...just to help magic classes get invited in squads

btw, now every1 can tank with BP and 5.0 APS

i really hope that fist get class restricted to BM only
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    they should remove the 5 APS first and set limit at 3 APS sparked. no more bonuses from TT99 sets and no more aps bonus on claws/fists.
    It really destroyed the game...
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The new class looks like they have potential to take roles of tank and healer...

if they do.. it will offset a bit of the lack of barb/cleric issue.

if they do something to 5aps.. a lot of people are going to stop spending their zen because there is no reason anymore to.

5aps is good money for pwi. Its their end of year bonus.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I personally don't feel threatened by the Earthguaird,
    From what I have discussed with my fellow faction members, squads, and friends, i feel they the Earthguiard is more of a threat to the BM and mages.

I Very much Doubt they will be able to replace a barb, they may and this is just a guess, have better mag def which might make them better for tanking magic bosses, but to replace a barb, that would take some skill and power. From what I've read, which mind you, is very limited, They Are a cross between a BM and a mage, so im assuming their build will be based around HA and enough stats for weapons and probably the rest into Mag.

If they do disrupt the 5Aps well then good on them,

cheers
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I would really like more variety when it comes to the most important classes: tanks and healers.
    However, I just don't see Barbs or Clerics being entirely replaced. A BM can do some tanking already, but in heavy-duty situations people will always need a Barb.
    I look forward to playing a Seeker but I don't think my Barb will be replaced by him. Even if I'm wrong, I'm still going to keep my barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    New - Schmoo....

Even with the current aps craze there is no replacement for a true tank.

Fuzzy have 180+ people in me faction, and still get more requests to tank instances than the panda can shake a stick at. Me can't stress it enough, even with the 5aps sins & bm's (or the odd claw barb) we are still the tanks.

How may people in your faction have the aps to replace a barb?

Fuzzy be the leader of the (atm) 2nd strongest faction on Raging Tide and its a fact that a 5+aps sin, or 5aps bm, or 5aps archer is no replacement for us. Simply have some faith in your barb, build your gear, shard & refine what you can, and we will never be replaced.

Just tonight Fuzzy ran a SoT BH, and a 5aps faction sin was getting squished like a fly. It is a common misconception that all you need is the aps to displace us. Its simply not true. They might have the ability to take agro, but if they can't survive it, just sit back and laugh.

Many can steal, only few can come out the other side alive. For every squishy 3-5aps toon, there be 20 of us barbs that can put them to shame.

Don't let the aps craze or the idea of new class's fool you. Barbs are the true tanks and every one of us that knows what they are doing are worth 10 -int players.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If anything, if they do change the TT99 bonuses, use it nerfs aps, but everyone is affected too.

Current rumors state that you need 4 pieces of TT99 to get the -chan and -int bonuses. If so, then yea, aps would be capped at 4.0, except for sins and archers.

Point is, it won't change a thing, ppl will still use -int over normal DDs, so in the end, those who are suffering from aps, will just suffer more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Kind of looked like they were meant to not repleace but... alleviate? the constant problem of not being able to find a cleric or barb.

One class is a HA tanking class that amps the rest of the squad, which will cause them to lose aggro and not be the tank, so I assume they'll have aggroing skills?

The other class will have the ability to heal?

I think they are making substitute barbs and clerics that won't be as good as a barb/cleric but will replace us in a pinch, but can also be subbed in for DD or amping true DDers.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    I've heard that with the new classes the squad limit will be raised to 10, and that if you have a member from each class in your squad, you will have a better chance with drops, etc... That would be nice :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hopefully the new class is able to tank Frost runs or I'm going to vomit all over PWI.
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Just about any high aps toon can tank frosts. Even good bms can do the pulls. I know i have a bm in my guild who ends up tanking most the time if I'm not able to go with him and he can't find another barb... Another DD who CAN'T tank would be nice imo.. haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM