5aps tt nirvana farming solution

1235»

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    talking about stuff you don't know about. a demon fist veno at 4/sec base and 5 with wind shield is much stronger than a fist archer, and on par with a fist bm. They dont even need fist mastery, the 650% base damage from spark over the standard 500% is enough. When my veno is 100, it will have the same pattack as my fist bm and 7% more crit, I wouldn't say that they deal minuscule damage.

Admit I didn't realize the 650% base. But you get less atk per str than a BM, and I'm fairly sure anyway that base attack + fist mastery x 500% is still better than base attack x 650%.

If you want to hit 4.0 base, you're gonna have to go fist/claw. Which means neglecting your magic ability completely to compete with the stats of a fist BM. Basically you become an auto-attack 4.0 machine with no skills unless you mess around with weapon switching for simple debuffs.

And you can't permaspark. That reduces your damage a lot too.

And where you getting +7% crit? o.o
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Admit I didn't realize the 650% base. But you get less atk per str than a BM, and I'm fairly sure anyway that base attack + fist mastery x 500% is still better than base attack x 650%. If you want to hit 4.0 base, you're gonna have to go fist/claw. Which means neglecting your magic ability completely to compete with the stats of a fist BM. Basically you become an auto-attack 4.0 machine with no skills unless you mess around with weapon switching for simple debuffs.

And you can't permaspark. That reduces your damage a lot too.

And where you getting +7% crit? o.o

you should read the damage formula

super easy version for str based mele for all classes (1+mastery+spark+procs+str/150)(rings+weapon+phys adds)

note that str gives the same boost for each class

650%+base str

vs 500%+75%+135%(demon DBB)+ base str =710%+base str so bm's do have a higher % multiplier

wind sheild costs 35 energy its spamable on a high mag geni so a full int veno would be 5 aps

hotkeying weapons is complicated? weird because instead fo the 2 a fist veno would need most bm's i know have about 5-7. really how hard is #weapon>fox form>debuff>crit buff>attack for 5 seconds>human>IW>spark? no need for perfect timeing as our cast cancle chains do

is it in any way a good idea for a pvp build? no is it exelent for pve farming yes
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Is "weapon>fox form>debuff>crit buff>attack for 5 seconds>human>IW>spark" really going to outdamage a 5.0 fist BM going for a straight forward spark+attack though, taking server lag and casting into account?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Is "weapon>fox form>debuff>crit buff>attack for 5 seconds>human>IW>spark" really going to outdamage a 5.0 fist BM going for a straight forward spark+attack though, taking server lag and casting into account?

tbh a veno with sage degen a DD pet and sage amp will out damage a 5 aps bm in a 6 man squad it just will not take aggro from its dmaage

the demon 5 aps veno has a more damageing amp and slightly lower damage than a 5 aps bm spaming DBB cancle

this isnt counting the 100% debuff on demon IW or the myriads

so the veno's individual DD is lower but gives more contribution to the squad
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol that just reminds me...BMs used to gain 4 chi/hit as well; assassins gained 4 chi/hit when they first came out. This got buffed to 5 chi/hit soon after assassins came out, so perma-spark farming was probably an intended change by PWE.

Anyways, the thing with claw veno isn't that they can't use a suitable magic weapon, they definitely can with the amount of +stat gear at high levels. However, claw venos would need every piece of -int gear available to reach 4aps, kind of like Sage BMs. If you want to spend that much money (2nd cast Nirvana legs and -int tome) to claw, might as well roll an assassin seriously.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Give the bosses reflect, that way barbs whom SHOULD be tanking bosses can start to do the job they was designed too do, they been healed anyway. An the TT's can be re tweeked too reflect that. Might make the 5 aps peeps think twice about it an basicly soloing somthing that needs a party. Then all the other nasties can permantly be removed an people can farm TT's together again.

Just a thoughtb:pleased
    Origional idea subbmitted by FooFooKity

But than you can only have ranged DDs or you would need like 3 clerics to run TT, what a horrible idea really lol

Mele DDs would go through an entire gold charm if they got reflected every time they hit the boss.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What if it was like Quillhog king? His reflect is random, quick casting, and doesn't last long. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What if the boss did 5.0 at melee range? His quicken is random, quick casting, and doesn't last long.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    omg just like that one boss in OHT that has reflect... and all i need is Bloodpaint to tank him zomg... FAIL'd

i HAS a better solution lets all Rage quit?
    or
    Stop QQin about 5.0?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Give the bosses reflect, that way barbs whom SHOULD be tanking bosses can start to do the job they was designed too do, they been healed anyway. An the TT's can be re tweeked too reflect that. Might make the 5 aps peeps think twice about it an basicly soloing somthing that needs a party. Then all the other nasties can permantly be removed an people can farm TT's together again.

Just a thoughtb:pleased
    Origional idea subbmitted by FooFooKity

Not a good idea.
    Who are you going to have as a DD for this kinda run? Reflect would still hurt melee DD's. And, why would a melee damage dealer run TT
    or nirvana at all if higher aps makes no point? Farming money for better fashion perhaps. Or to get a few more attack and defense levels.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Why do people keep farming? If TW is dead, there shouldn't be a reason to. Nothing in this game pve-wise that can't be done with tt99 gears.