I swear, im gonna slap someone

Glying - Sanctuary
Glying - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Cleric
Ok so, i was doing my bh39 with lvl 50's and a high lvl tank (barb).

So..this sin in squad kept on saying he got high lvl this and that and that we should learn from him. Then i noticed (cuz i was too busy healing ppl in back lol) that this sin was hitting the same monsters the barb was attcking. I told him to pls dont do that and he didnt respond. then the sin said the same thing, he got high lvl this and that we should learn from him. I was kinda getting annoyed, but i didnt tell him. then, when we were on our way to herc i think, he was ,how do u say it...showing off?, and he got aggro instead of barb and then headed towards us. he got like 20 or 10 mobs and they killed us all. Then blablabla he said same thing and then one of us just blurted out to shut up (lol) and it was his fault. then he blamed me and i'm like 'wtf?! blame it on the cleric that healed u?!' i had to make someone boot him outta squad.

luckily, i blcklisted him so he wont bother me anymore lol but heres a warning: clerics, if someone blames u for them dying and it wasnt ur fault tell them to go to helll and get their stupid face out of ur life cuz i swear, you will break ur PC outta anger lol
Post edited by Glying - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Then i noticed (cuz i was too busy healing ppl in back lol) that this sin was hitting the same monsters the barb was attcking.

I think that is what hes supposed to do b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Fox - Harshlands80
    /Fox - Harshlands80 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010

sin was hitting the same monsters the barb was attcking.

haha if sin didnt attack same mob as barb that will just cause more problems..and if you get blamed for squad wipe and it wasnt ur fault just refuse 2 rez / buff the person who blames you and sure if u have lead just kick themb:laugh listning 2 ppl blame me for their deaths when it isnt my fault is funny mainly cuz i know that they wont b receving anymore heals from meb:chuckle
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ...tell them to go to helll and get their stupid face out of ur life cuz i swear, you will break ur PC outta anger lol

Steps to playing your cleric when being blamed for something:

1) Give them the virtual finger

2) Do not res/buff/heal them (bonus points if they die again as a result!)

3) Get lead and boot them out of squad

4) Blacklist or enjoy the resultant QQ

It's really very simple...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • KR_Fang - Dreamweaver
    KR_Fang - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Steps to playing your cleric when being blamed for something:

1) Give them the virtual finger

2) Do not res/buff/heal them (bonus points if they die again as a result!)

3) Get lead and boot them out of squad.

4) Blacklist or enjoy the resultant QQ.

It's really very simple...

You should make sure that the cleric should not be blamed first....
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited November 2010

People love blaming clerics for everything. I've gotten blamed for people dying because they stole aggro while I was in bb. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • /Fox - Harshlands84
    /Fox - Harshlands84 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    People love blaming clerics for everything. I've gotten blamed for people dying because they stole aggro while I was in bb. >.>

lol i have been blamed for the same thing. i have also been blamed because some1 died whilst i went to town because i had died in squad wipe and they happened 2 have a res scroll 2 bring themselves back 2 life and tried tanking without heals (the player was a archer) in bh59b:laugh
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The most annoying thing is when someone start chatting"I got high level <insert random class here> bla bla I knonw this and that"

Now now seriously,I can't care less if you,lv.54 BM doing BH39 got a Lv.102 Cleric,UNLESS you can bring your Cleric's *** helping our asses you are NOTHING but a Lv.54 BM,claim you got whatever high levels alts,I don't care,you have a lv.102 Archer or Cleric or whateva that doesn't make you a good BM.
    What really matters is THIS Alt of yours,THIS lv.54 BM HIS skills AS BM.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Glying - Sanctuary
    Then i noticed (cuz i was too busy healing ppl in back lol) that this sin was hitting the same monsters the barb was attcking.

I think that is what hes supposed to do
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Glying - Sanctuary

sin was hitting the same monsters the barb was attcking.

haha if sin didnt attack same mob as barb that will just cause more problems..and if you get blamed for squad wipe and it wasnt ur fault just refuse 2 rez / buff the person who blames you and sure if u have lead just kick them listning 2 ppl blame me for their deaths when it isnt my fault is funny mainly cuz i know that they wont b receving anymore heals from me

Yea, but i told him to use bow (figured you'd kno that by now..lol) cuz he kept on stealing barbs mobs idk why but then i told him to stop hittng mobs with daggers, use ur bow.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010

Naturally, but far too many people in this game are too nice. Your point is valid; I was just addressing the way to act given that you are being accused unfairly.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Opresor - Sanctuary
    Opresor - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't know if I would insist he use his bow, I mean the the faster the mobs die the faster the BH gets done. If your tanks Flesh Ream was too low level to be effective then it's not the sins fault. He certainly could have adjusted his play style to limit the amount of damage dealt and agro acquired, or let him tank and the barb go "DD" mode.

I have played most of the biggy mmorpgs for the last 11 years and PWI is the ONLY game where DD learning to do the most damage and NOT stealing agro actually seems to be frowned upon. It's common practice in other games and requires a skill and the ability to change your style from tank to tank, as we all are not equal. To constantly "steal" agro is a sign of one of two things,

1: No real knowledge of the class and how to play it most effectively.
    2: A child (or immature adult) who thinks it makes him look cool or uber.

That being said, if he plays the I have a high lvl (whatever class) card and I know what I am talking about, then there is a reason he is playing an alt. His/her main probably has a rep for poor skills and has trouble finding groups or staying in them. Just Blacklist them and move on.

But... some sins tank very very well! No I do not have a sin alt but do run with a few that tank while I do my limited "DD". Always worth letting them try, and if they fail tell them to adjust for agro, if they don't then they are not worth grouping with. If the barb is not ok with a sin tanking a boss or two (if he can) then he is also immature and not ready for an mmorpg.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Urgh... & what in your opinion was he supposed to do?
    Yea, but i told him to use bow (figured you'd kno that by now..lol) cuz he kept on stealing barbs mobs idk why but then i told him to stop hittng mobs with daggers, use ur bow.
    If that lvl sin was stealing agro by hitting the same mob the barb did... Smth was very wrong with your barb...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    If that lvl sin was stealing agro by hitting the same mob the barb did... Smth was very wrong with your barb...

oh well. he was the only barb that would help.

I don't know if I would insist he use his bow, I mean the the faster the mobs die the faster the BH gets done

I didnt really care about how long the bh was, i had all the time i needed to finish it.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    just dont res them if it wasnt your fault,
    on the other hand (dont spam me lol) there are times when clerics dont do anything wrong and get blamed, and when they do something wrong they dont get blamed like erm if i kno i did something wrong i go like "srry my bad" squad like "np its fine" if i dont say anything they wont blame me either,i think mostly plp dont try to blame but caus out of anger they died or didnt get heals they instantly point a finger to the cleric but im sure if they think well afterwards they kno it wasnt the clerics fault, hard to admit for some to say " srry i was wrong to blame you"b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • DivineClaw - Raging Tide
    DivineClaw - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol i would agree that in some cases it isnt the clerics fault but some clerics lack even basic knowledge at 7x .i still remember one squad for bh 59 when i died at zimo as for why its because i was doing zimo since bh 51 (6x) and never died at him before .the reason was because the cleric kept on using blessing of the purehearted .now for me when tanking an easy boss i dont pay attention to my own hp and by easy i mean a boss that i did so many times without any death by the time i realized it there wasnt enough time to use TOP .i would have to add to that the clerics that leaves debuffs on tank untill they go on thier own but they are not as bad b:surrender
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The most annoying thing is when someone start chatting"I got high level <insert random class here> bla bla I knonw this and that"

Now now seriously,I can't care less if you,lv.54 BM doing BH39 got a Lv.102 Cleric,UNLESS you can bring your Cleric's *** helping our asses you are NOTHING but a Lv.54 BM,claim you got whatever high levels alts,I don't care,you have a lv.102 Archer or Cleric or whateva that doesn't make you a good BM.

To an extent, yes. But to an extent no as well. If he is bragging that he knows his alt's class cause he has a 10x cleric or whatever, then he needs to shut up and remember his level. However, if he is using the time he as spent on the game to try to help with the mechanics of the game, then yes, he has all right to say that. The dungeon hasnt changed since he did it on his main, and he has experience doing it.

Im not saying in this case he was right, im just saying that sometimes having a main IS a reason to tell people whats up. If i am on my alt and the squad is failing you better believe im throwing some information down your throat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Erikellia - Sanctuary
    Erikellia - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I could not agree more. If you have an upper level class. Well woopdi fricken do, unless saying that is apart of the conv. or u are offering help from that class( either advice or bringing them in). Shut the hell up and stop wasting a few extra seconds in chat bc frankly most don't give a damn.
  • Erikellia - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010

I could not agree more. If you have an upper level class. Well woopdi fricken do, unless saying that is apart of the conv. or u are offering help from that class( either advice or bringing them in). Shut the hell up and stop wasting a few extra seconds in chat bc frankly most don't give a damn.
  • Erikellia - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    oh im sry i didnt mean to double post b:shutup
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BH39 -.- gosh how much I hate that cave when I do it with people I don't know.

It is really NOT your fault if he didnt attack all the group he lured, because if you healed him, you would have died yourself. However, if he aoe attacked them all, then you are free to heal him. you have to pay attention to what the barb/tank attacks and touches before healing.b:surrender

Again, you'll have horrible experiences there later on -.- I have had a few myself.My recent one was --> Being the only high level in squad and going to Farren and shout for 3 times GET BACK HE HAS AOE YOU WILL DIE, LET ME SOLO IT, while struggling with little farren, lovely squishy x30 squad members decide to give u a hand and die 1 shotted from his aoe, they rage quit squad calling you fail cleric b:angry
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i've seen things like this happen to cerlics from the time i started playing this game. and now i am starting a cerlic and it's happening to me as well.

1. ppl running ahead to kill a boss, leaving the healer waaaaay behind. then yell at you HEAL HEAL!

2. ppl getting one shotted and blaming the cerlic (if you can die instantly that means no high level cerlic can help you by the time they click you your already dead)

3. when a stupid DD goes damage crazy and steals arrgo, gets killed and the mobs scater and attack randomly. then they bash you for not healing them.

i'm sure i can think of a few more things but i'm pressed for time. there are many ways to punish ppl who place blame on you. you can kick them if you have lead, you can refuse to res or buff them. or you can just up and leave the party. the last one in particular would hurt alot if they been looking for a ceric for a long time and ended up with you lol.
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    i've seen things like this happen to cerlics from the time i started playing this game. and now i am starting a cerlic and it's happening to me as well.

1. ppl running ahead to kill a boss, leaving the healer waaaaay behind. then yell at you HEAL HEAL!

2. ppl getting one shotted and blaming the cerlic (if you can die instantly that means no high level cerlic can help you by the time they click you your already dead)

3. when a stupid DD goes damage crazy and steals arrgo, gets killed and the mobs scater and attack randomly. then they bash you for not healing them.

:P u understand me.

ppl ALWAYS leave me behind even if i tell them to stop. usually if they dont answer i just let them die over there and take long way to bother them (hehe). also, in #2, this has only happened to me a few times cuz im too nice for ppl for them to yell at me, but its usually the ppl idk who do that. for #3, this is wat happened to me, then he said the same sh*t again until one of us just yelled "**** WE KNO ALREADY!!", it was pretty funny i was cracking up lol

btw, its cleric, not cerlic..b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Rez

Rez please.

Rez

Can you rez please?
    (other squad members start in "rez him")

When a squishy grabs aggro and dies and then starts "rez" immediately, I really really don't want to rez them. Of course I know I should rez you, that's what we do. I don't tell you to attack everytime we get near a mob. But I'm going to stack the tank before I take 7 seconds to rez your dumb-overaggroing-noob-butt! Plus, this will give the tank time to set aggro.

I was in vent with a cleric friend doing bh69 a while ago. We killed nob and pole, then people left to turn in before we did pyro. A player (I think an psychic) went to wait over by pyro, and me and my cleric friend went to kill serpentrex to see if he dropped anything good while we waited. We're killing him and the psychic starts in "Rez. Rez please. Rez. Come rez me. Rez." His life bar in the squad barb never showed he entered combat, he still has all his buffs, and his hp and mp bar are full, but he does this the entire time we're killing, even after we told him we'd come back once we'd killed. We're laughing in vent "does it show a full bar for you? me too. He's alive. No mobs are even up there unless he walked up to pyro."

Anyway, we told him we were on our way, he continued "rez pls...." Still buffed and a full hp. We tell him we can see his dot moving. "rez pls." So we head back to wait for the rest of the squad to come back from turning in. When we get there he starts yelling "OH! I got you good! I was faking it. I wasn't dead. OHHH burn!" .... We should have kicked him right before pyro died but didn't. Just laughed at how dumb he was.b:chuckle
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Rez

Rez please.

Rez

Can you rez please?
    (other squad members start in "rez him")

When a squishy grabs aggro and dies and then starts "rez" immediately, I really really don't want to rez them. Of course I know I should rez you, that's what we do. I don't tell you to attack everytime we get near a mob. But I'm going to stack the tank before I take 7 seconds to rez your dumb-overaggroing-noob-butt! Plus, this will give the tank time to set aggro.

I was in vent with a cleric friend doing bh69 a while ago. We killed nob and pole, then people left to turn in before we did pyro. A player (I think an psychic) went to wait over by pyro, and me and my cleric friend went to kill serpentrex to see if he dropped anything good while we waited. We're killing him and the psychic starts in "Rez. Rez please. Rez. Come rez me. Rez." His life bar in the squad barb never showed he entered combat, he still has all his buffs, and his hp and mp bar are full, but he does this the entire time we're killing, even after we told him we'd come back once we'd killed. We're laughing in vent "does it show a full bar for you? me too. He's alive. No mobs are even up there unless he walked up to pyro."

Anyway, we told him we were on our way, he continued "rez pls...." Still buffed and a full hp. We tell him we can see his dot moving. "rez pls." So we head back to wait for the rest of the squad to come back from turning in. When we get there he starts yelling "OH! I got you good! I was faking it. I wasn't dead. OHHH burn!" .... We should have kicked him right before pyro died but didn't. Just laughed at how dumb he was.b:chuckle

I know your pain :D the "res me" spam likes to start also in party wipes when I die, release, and tend to go back, I get "res me" while I just arrived town b:laugh I reply in anger "what am I doing here? dancing?" it's really annoying that everyone expects a res just after they die regardless of the cleric's situation
  • Chewizard - Lost City
    Chewizard - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm still new to the game. My cleric is about to hit lvl 39, and I'm already tired of thr "rez me" spam.

Last night while I was grinding through a collection quest I got hit with two rez me's from people on my "friends" list and two more from people in the area.
    The two on my "friends" list (one at skull mountain, the other in the water by arch) were fine with waiting because of travel time.
    The two that were close wouldn't stop spamming me long enough to give me their locations. Then after I found and them there was no "thank you" or anything.

If you're gonna cry out for help, the least you could do is thank the person.
    Nothing amazing
    happens here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only the ordinary.
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think the most ideal way to deal with these people is to be honest and direct.

When someone from my friend list ask for a Revive,I ask"Where are you at?",if he's too far away from my location(And no im not gonna spend money teleports),I'll just tell him that Iam too far,as simple as that.If he keep asking then either ignore him or blacklist him and sayonara.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • MassHysteria - Dreamweaver
    MassHysteria - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    agreed, as a cleric u have to be blunt, sometimes you cant be afraid to be an *******, you **** me off, your going to hear bout it, dont like it, tough. i mess up ill say my bad, but if you wanna be an *** bout it ill be a bigger one back, jus cuz im a cleric doesnt mean im your ***** or imma take your **** =/
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    agreed, as a cleric u have to be blunt, sometimes you cant be afraid to be an *******, you **** me off, your going to hear bout it, dont like it, tough. i mess up ill say my bad, but if you wanna be an *** bout it ill be a bigger one back, jus cuz im a cleric doesnt mean im your ***** or imma take your **** =/

Fantastic. b:victory

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InnocucousQQ - Lost City
    InnocucousQQ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Now you know why barbarians and cleric are getting extinct for bh/ fb/ frost/ basicially everything that involves a party. =.=

1. Cocky people who thinks that they are " aggro proof "[Not targeted at anyone specific, only cocky
    people]
    - I will dedicate this to specifically DD,Do not over estimates your tank and cleric, for all you know you
    get killed by AOE skill from the boss, and it is not cleric/ barbarians fault, as much as a barbarian
    can hold a aggro, he cannot stop the boss from dealing out a AOE, a cleric cannot multi task, heal
    you = barb's death, then whats the point of a cleric in the first place?

2. Getting blamed for deaths
    - As much as cleric duty to heal, they only can focus on 1 player every 2 seconds on average[enough
    to get you killed]. Our party heal is a funny issue due to the disgustingly long channel and weak
    amplifier. Please pay attention to your own survivability, if by not players to not realize a tank and a
    cleric is the key for any successful high level dungeons, they should quit.

3. Be thankful.
    -We are HELPING, the reduces your exp loss and deaths, we can easily let you return to town and
    lose a 4% + worth of exp, but we don't.

Be grateful, or else get yourself a cleric and tank.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wish we could trade with dead people.
  • doughallougheed
    doughallougheed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'll own up to being an **** in squad when I'm the highest lvl or the highest lvl cleric, not because I want to, but out of necessity, I know where I have to focus. Maybe because I look at the cleric as being more than a healer in an instance, but I have left a squads in the middle of fbs, bhs, and tts because they don't want to communicate, and when you have someone saying, "I need the barb to tank" and they just go in all guns blazing, well that is on them when they get wiped like an old man's **** at a retirement home. I guess in a way I look at a cleric as being more of a conductor instead of a healer, and in rare instances a tank lol.