needo2 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just started playing
my router got itself restarted somehow
I can't login for like 30 minutes now saying my account is currently logged in
but it gave me a disconnect message right after router went off
why are the timeout durations is significiantly different

oh and about beginner skills
everyone says go to the skill trainer related to your class like [name] Wizard or Wizard [name]
but there aren't any [class] [name] or [name] [class] NPCs in first town
Ive checked the whole town and NPC list many times
Post edited by needo2 on

Comments

• Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    for ur first problem...on the login screen.....u see the pretty little box that says force log? you use that to force ur char out of the game so u can log back in after u DC'ed.

for the skill thing u gotta go to ur races main town not the hut/building place u start off at. once there pull up the npc list and u can find it with ease
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • needo2
    needo2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    also everything is a quest ?
    why using an inventory expansion cash shop item is a quest

also making first level players have to walk for hours doesn't leave a good impression?
    only shows that game is Cash Shop dependant from 1st level
    I don't even know this game why would I wanna buy a high-price item on a game on my first 10 minutes
    Its ok to have a little dependant on Cash Shop at mid-end levels because if player liked to get high level soo, him/her should support the game, but making it CSdependant from first level is a "Why ?"
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Most things are handled by the client as a quest. I think it was easyer to program that way. Also Safe/Petbag ECT have in game quest to expand so it was easyest to modify the quest to accept the cash shop item instead of the in game gathered items.

All MMOs make you walk everywhere to begin with. Isn't till higher levels can you afford mounts. You can buy a horse ingame but thats like a mil coin. Just grab all your availible quest in town and the walking don't seem soo much because your killing monsters as your walking. Again all MMOs new player have to walk everywhere.
    My first Veno made it to lvl70 B4 I bought anything from the cash shop.

That last parts a lie. I bought clothes but they didn't help with leveling or getting around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    needo2 wrote: »

also making first level players have to walk for hours doesn't leave a good impression?
    I don't even know this game why would I wanna buy a high-price item on a game on my first 10 minutes
    Its ok to have a little dependant on Cash Shop at mid-end levels because if player liked to get high level soo, him/her should support the game, but making it CSdependant from first level is a "Why ?"

awww looky looky we have a new blood in out mist...awwww..GET USED TO THE WALKING..most here now have matured in thier character(s) and already have multiple mounts and what ever to help them aid their alts for the second,3rd or 4th go arounds..like me!!Dont worry..if u stay with the game and not be lazy you will soon enjoy it moreb:angry

u can do 2 quest one for inventory and one for bank for free extentions.MY lvl 100 barb and this account has only done that quest and im not maxed....sooooo u really dont need the stones,but thats just me i guess,just walk back to the nearest town and sell if your bag is full lol!!!
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

actually, mounts and fashion have level requirements.
    i think fashion is 20+ and only some rare mounts are 10+

so yeah, leveling to 10 in 10min isnt really happening if u are new
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I don't think wanting a mount in your first ten minutes makes this game CS dependent. Is this your first MMO? :o
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you chose the safe extension stones to expand your bank you picked the wrong quest. There are 2 quests to expand your bank that require only dq's that drop from mobs you kill. One of them is called gather the Materials. Or that you can buy with in game money not real money. Your bag however can only be expanded by stones which you can only get with in game money or real money. At low level it takes no time.. a few hrs.. to get to lvl 20. At that point you can get a mount.. or just wait another few hrs.. get to 30 and you get your mount/wings from the quest. If you wanted to fly right away.. you should have made an archer or cleric. As your a wizard.. your skill trainer is in Etherblade.. by the waterfall at the end of the path in town. Once you get to Archo.. there is one there also.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    There are a few quests that are not real quests. The bag expansion stone being one of the examples. You see the quest in a different category that normal quests. The special quests are there to facilitate the process when you decided to buy the items. Many people would get the items and didn't know how to use them. Those "quests" show you how to use the items.

You don't feel like getting it, don't do it.

EDIT: You can't even use a mount (even if you cs) below lvl 20. Those distances are not really that bad, so don't whine. Level to 30, get your flying mount for ... (almost) free. It's a quest reward. All you have to do is collect a few dq items. Then you will prolly complain they are slow... oh man....

Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can see his confusion. When I first started I was trying to figure out why I couldn't complete the banker's/inventory master's quests until I realized it was an optional one that required CS items. So I suppose that makes it look cash shop dependent.

The walking complaint is kinda stupid though. I don't think I've played a game where they let you have all the nifty mounts/fliers from your first character at the first level. You gotta run/walk around. It's gotta be somewhat of a chore -- that's how you know you've actually earned something. It would make things even more boring if we were given all this **** from the outset.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    actually, mounts and fashion have level requirements.
    i think fashion is 20+ and only some rare mounts are 10+

so yeah, leveling to 10 in 10min isnt really happening if u are new

EDIT: You can't even use a mount (even if you cs) below lvl 20. Those distances are not really that bad, so don't whine. Level to 30, get your flying mount for ... (almost) free. It's a quest reward. All you have to do is collect a few dq items. Then you will prolly complain they are slow... oh man....

Enjoy!

Actually there are some fashion you can wear from level 1 (females, don't know about male). I'm also sure there are level 10 requirement mounts as well. I understand the long walking distance tho, even when the game was new, walking with any arcane user was a pain.

Just remember tho, once you get to a town you can talk to a teleport master, and start teleporting almost anywhere inbetween quests, so you only have to walk a certain distance once.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    a
    only shows that game is Cash Shop dependant
    ^
    What i think on my first time playing these game before (2008 not in pwi) b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can see his confusion. When I first started I was trying to figure out why I couldn't complete the banker's/inventory master's quests until I realized it was an optional one that required CS items. So I suppose that makes it look cash shop dependent.

The walking complaint is kinda stupid though. I don't think I've played a game where they let you have all the nifty mounts/fliers from your first character at the first level. You gotta run/walk around. It's gotta be somewhat of a chore -- that's how you know you've actually earned something. It would make things even more boring if we were given all this **** from the outset.

When I made my first character (long long ago)... I made a game called 'Teleporter Tag' and this was running (w/o dying) on foot, to each teleporter and activating it (at the time I never heard of that special stone in CS).

I told a few friends that started same time as me, and we made a contest out of it. Some (like 1k) is.. very very hard to do. Misfortune was hard until I learned to swim at the TOP of the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]