Scroll of Tome?

Options
Montcalm - Archosaur
Montcalm - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Ive been in need of a decent tome for a long time and i couldnt help noticing the amazing tomes you can get from the pw boutique agent. However, the material you need for it is a scroll of tome and i have never heard of that before. Where can i get one? Do you have to cash shop for it?
Post edited by Montcalm - Archosaur on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You can only get it from one of the packs in Boutique, such as Sunshine Pack, Tiger Pack or Lucky Coral.

The chance to get it is 0.002%, or 1/50,000.

Other than that, you'd have to buy it from others. The prices are usually upwards of 200,000,000 coins.

That is, if you can even find someone with Scroll of Tome. Most people right away exchange it for Love:Up and Down, as that's pretty much the only worthwhile option.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ive been in need of a decent tome for a long time and i couldnt help noticing the amazing tomes you can get from the pw boutique agent. However, the material you need for it is a scroll of tome and i have never heard of that before. Where can i get one? Do you have to cash shop for it?

You get them from packs such as tiger packs etc but just so you know the chance is pretty darn low like .0005% chance give or take a zero lol. You can also buy scroll of tome off players who've gotten it from packs but that's expensive run anywhere from 240 million-300 million coin.

edit - Yeah, olbaze got the right numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you can either try you luck with the packs.

should only take you about 15k tries to get one.

or you can buy them for about 250mill ingame

so either way.. yes you have to cash shop for it. and.. unless you plan on spedning over 500 dollars doing so to obtain this ONE item. i suggest you forget about it.

i think i should also mention that it is the most expensive that that currently exists in the game...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yup you might spend a dollar and get it first time..

or

like most people, drop a fortune and get tokens. (most likely result)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My wife got one in 12 packs. The lucky b..

Last summer I tried to open like 200 and got basically nothing but TOBL, some badge, a primeval stone, and a charm. That's it. She got, in like 100 packs: Scroll of Tome, Helm of Holy Punishment, Lunar Ornament, Wing Trophy Lunarglade.

Some people have no luck, some people have all the luck, and others eventually get what they want.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My wife got one in 12 packs. The lucky b..

Last summer I tried to open like 200 and got basically nothing but TOBL, some badge, a primeval stone, and a charm. That's it. She got, in like 100 packs: Scroll of Tome, Helm of Holy Punishment, Lunar Ornament, Wing Trophy Lunarglade.

Some people have no luck, some people have all the luck, and others eventually get what they want.

if they got enough money to waste to do so...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    so either way.. yes you have to cash shop for it.
    When Anniversary Packs first arrived I bought a Scroll of Tome for 65 million, which represented about 5 months worth of merchanting income and was a huge sum of money back then. At the time it basically bankrupted me, but in retrospect it was certainly worth it.

Nowadays at ~250 million that's still about 5 months worth of merchanting income, but 250 million today is probably more obtainable for non-merchants than 65 million was back then. A F2P player farming Nirvana could get one if they wanted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A badge and a primeval stone are both amazing. Try 500 packs of just tokens of luck, no not tokens of best luck. Just normal tokens, all of them. T_T
    The odds of that happening are 1 in 4,112,755.

Meanwhile, the odds of getting hit by lightning in a given year are about 1 in 700,000.

Congrats on the unbelievably bad odds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The odds of that happening are 1 in 4,112,755.

Meanwhile, the odds of getting hit by lightning in a given year are about 1 in 700,000.

Congrats on the unbelievably bad odds.

How does one calculate the odds of getting hit by lighting?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How does one calculate the odds of getting hit by lighting?
    The study or science of lightning is called fulminology, and someone who studies lightning is referred to as a fulminologist.

Ask them.

But I don't think anyone is going to get hit by lighting. That is, unless someone's raging at the Windows Helper.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I get hit with lighting all the time, especially when I play in the dark. How do you think I got my monitor tan? I'm almost the same color of the Hulk now.