Herc Veno vs. WB?

Serrinity - Sanctuary
Serrinity - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
I had a friend on pwi long ago that was level 87 or so with a herc. He told me that he liked to solo a world boss for good drops even though it took forever to get hp down. Since I am unable to contact him at this time I wanted to ask here.

What wb can a veno with herc solo? At roughly what level? Which is better for money: wb solo or tt squad mode solo?

Ty.
Leader of EdensStar
Post edited by Serrinity - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Soul Hunter. Or whatever it's called here. It's in Haze.

***** to fight, but technically any caster class can kill it as I know because it won't do damage if a caster tanks it. It still does AOE stun after a time though. Melee tanks...Soul Hunter will make them his *****. :B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    First of all, why would you think of soloing a world boss? Imo it's not worth the time you have to spend. But by all means, try it. b:surrender

And farming TT is much better than soloing a WB for a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    "Soloed" Shadow Doll with a friend, Herc had Bless and was around lvl 95 with both of us healing. It took forever, we were bored, wasn't worth it though. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    In all likelihood you'd have no time to attack, would just be spam healing. Collusseast spam healing 3-1 when it was easily soloable by a veno, at 4m HP, took like 20+ minutes. Presuming you used Sage Soul Degen, I wonder how much time it would take to wipe out 18M HP, especially with the regeneration rate WB's have, and the highly probable lack of time to debuff.

My guess is 90 - 125 mins.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    In all likelihood you'd have no time to attack, would just be spam healing. Collusseast spam healing 3-1 when it was easily soloable by a veno, at 4m HP, took like 20+ minutes.
    At 88 when you're first able to open 3-1, it took me 45 minutes solo spam healing. Very, very boring, not recommended. Squadding with a single additional veno will more than cut that in half.
  • Serrinity - Sanctuary
    Serrinity - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    First of all, why would you think of soloing a world boss? Imo it's not worth the time you have to spend. But by all means, try it. b:surrender

And farming TT is much better than soloing a WB for a long time.

lol Because I get bored of doing the same thing all the time.

@All Ty for fast responses all. That's all I wanted to know. :)
    Leader of EdensStar
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    At 88 when you're first able to open 3-1, it took me 45 minutes solo spam healing. Very, very boring, not recommended. Squadding with a single additional veno will more than cut that in half.
    While I got other people to open it I did fine and in less time than that when I got my 83 heal (was vit AA at the time, didn't yet switch to HA til 90). However, I was also amping and using ironwood (timing them for the boss' spells) so certainly that affected the time a bit. Thankfully 20+ mins wasn't wrong.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol Because I get bored of doing the same thing all the time.

@All Ty for fast responses all. That's all I wanted to know. :)

Soloing WBs would take so long and once some party sees you, they would probably join your squad or KS you. So good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I dont think KSing would be much of problem. I actually ran across a veno soloing one WB (already had 1/4 hp down), and I asked if i could help DD, and other ppl came by and did the same, and we had 2 squads together eventually DDing the boss, and the veno that was originally soloing it, got all the boss drops anyways.
    >.<
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I never quite got how the KSing works in PW. When I was doing my last Cultivation (the three guys on Dragons End or whatever the area on top of the mountain is called), I had just started on one of them, barely even scratched him, when suddenly a party showed up and started bashing him, taking out huge chunks of HP and killing him in no time. Funny thing was that I kept aggro nonetheless and also got credit for the kill (although I don't know whether they got credit too).

Maybe the guy was surprised about the onslaught as much as I was annoyed, so he accidentally cursed me when he went out, and I guess the ferryman doesn't doublecheck such things and just forwarded it to his superiors.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Soul Hunter is soloable but i would tank it on me and not the herc have the herc just DD soul hunter at range dont hurt at all just does his debuffs have done it myself out of boredum took a while to do you dont even need a cleric to heal you while you tank him on you either