A Physic story

Options
Burningalpha - Lost City
Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Psychic
i will tell you a story here then comment on what you think

i was helping my buddy with quinze and it was me a level 40 Archer and a lvl 35 sin
and..
we was looking for more members and i said we needed a tank and a cleric
the level 40 archer goes "no we dont you can tank"
I said "lmfao i couldnt tank quinze im squish "
he said "well i had a level 40 physic and i tanked him at that level"
i said " sure you did, who else was in your squad oh a barb and a cleric maybe .>.>"
then after a long bitter argument that led to the pking of the archer.
i told my friend i was leaving.
thoughts on a lvl 40 physic tanking a bh 29?
Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
Burningalpha/psy/100r
Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
/\polllo/Sin/96
(instertnamehere)/Archer/96
(insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
"I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
Post edited by Burningalpha - Lost City on

Comments

• ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    with appropriate defense blessing and voodoo - it could be possible. with cleric healing and the odd charm tick and potting.

not tried it to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    At level 62 with a cleric you could easily tank Qingzi. A level 40 Psy could do it, but would be a bit more difficult. I've tanked Qingzi on my Wizard quite a few times (though Stone Barrier helps). By level 70 you could tank Qingzi without a cleric.

As long as you turn off Voodoo, and have full earth defense it works fine. Qingzi's raged attack happens about 1/4th the time his melee does, and it's earth magic. With a cleric you don't need pots, apoth or a charm.

As a Psy, you could also tank Calcid, Trioc, Raving Drake, Gluttonix all with ease (though wizzies are a bit better due to Elemental shields). In BH 39 I've pot tanked Calcid (as a Wizard) for most of the battle before (silly sin saying they can tank, and dying 5 seconds later :x) By the BH range you can pretty much tank all your BH bosses than use ranged magic, though some are a bit hard if you have low HP.
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well there was no cleric just a sin and archer. plus what about mp im not goign to spend **** load of time/ money to get/make pots
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Perhaps, but the archer mentioned you could tank, not that you didn't need a cleric, could've just looked for a cleric. Also, whenever I tanked qingzi with my Wizard, didn't use one pot and still had a fair bit of MP left by the end of the battle.

Also, a tank thats not willing to use Pots is stupid IMO. You shouldn't have to rely on them to live, but have them to use in a pinch just incase.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im not going to take the role of a tank when my health is only 1.8k he said we didnt need a cleric cause i had a heal buff. i dont see how your supose to tank quinze with mana remaining
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Actually, in a BH 29 Mage tanks can be better than a Barbarian. While the barb might have 4-5x the HP you do, each attack does about the same amount to both of you (even less now with the level difference) but he attacks at about 1/4-1/5th the speed. So while the barb can take 4-5 time the amount of hits, it takes Qingzi the same amount of time to hit you once then it does the barb 4-5 times. Also, IMHO cleric is the only class you can't do an instance without, as DDs are a dime a dozen, and more than barbs can tank bosses.

Also, in my experiance you would use just as much MP DDing as tanking the boss anyway . . .
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i guess ill try to tank them but better have alot of dam pots
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
  • Vionite - Heavens Tear
    Vionite - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    At level 40 your friend would need a Cleric to tank. By your level you should be able to tank him just fine by yourself with a few pots or a charm. I tanked him a few days ago by myself with a few potions and a mana charm.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, in my experiance you would use just as much MP DDing as tanking the boss anyway . . .

actually, if you use white voodoo to tank it will take a lot longer (u wont DD as much, other ppl wont dd to avoid stealing aggro etc) so more mana cost. add the mana cost for sov (if any) plus survival skills (sor,bubble).

on topic: can be tanked, i find it a bit rude/selfish to ask someone to tank without a cleric and burn a charm so you dont have to wait, especially if he is doing you a favor in the first place (a lvl6x psy wouldnt need quinzi, right?).

but yeah, psys can tank quite good mag bosses (may I add the whole bh59 to the list Allyna? xD)
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    qingzi? As in the boss from bh29?

-I- tanked qingzi for almost ALL of my bh29s.

In fact if you want to hear a story...

I'm in a bh29 run. Fail squad. I mean epic fail. Like cleric added points to dex for evasion, and barb added points to mag for more mp fail. So it was epicly fail.
    Anyways! Squad wipes ofc. But I'm the last one alive.
    I'm charmed, have mantou, and pots. So what do I do??

i tank qingzi all over that room, and kill him. By myself. With no help.

You're a 6X psy. You have a quick cast healing skill. You have white voodoo.

For the love of God, tank qingzi and ****.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The other 59 bosses besides Drake and Glutt are a bit iffy for a pure Magic Caster. By 7x you should be fine, but at 6x with Zimo her spike damage might one shot some 6x pure magic casters. I've seen 7x psys get reduced to below 1/4th their HP by her spike damage. Orfo and Qianji are consitantly higher, but don't spike as bad.

But with over 2K HP and buffs you should be fine with the 59 bosses.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    qingzi? As in the boss from bh29?

-I- tanked qingzi for almost ALL of my bh29s.

In fact if you want to hear a story...

I'm in a bh29 run. Fail squad. I mean epic fail. Like cleric added points to dex for evasion, and barb added points to mag for more mp fail. So it was epicly fail.
    Anyways! Squad wipes ofc. But I'm the last one alive.
    I'm charmed, have mantou, and pots. So what do I do??

i tank qingzi all over that room, and kill him. By myself. With no help.

You're a 6X psy. You have a quick cast healing skill. You have white voodoo.

For the love of God, tank qingzi and ****.

nice squad XD
    well, bubble of life is not going to save u... 30 sec cd Xd
    The other 59 bosses besides Drake and Glutt are a bit iffy for a pure Magic Caster. By 7x you should be fine, but at 6x with Zimo her spike damage might one shot some 6x pure magic casters. I've seen 7x psys get reduced to below 1/4th their HP by her spike damage. Orfo and Qianji are consitantly higher, but don't spike as bad.

But with over 2K HP and buffs you should be fine with the 59 bosses.

oh, sorry, i thought we were talking about bh lvl psys. yup, i would agree then :)
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I tanked it on my cleric in the 4x range, so it is possible. I've heard that white voodoo lv3 is ideal for pve tanking.
  • MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i tanked him on my psy on lvl 49 with lvl 3 white voodo on he hitted me for about 150 and i hitted about 1k per attack but i had a lvl 40 cleric b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    honestly i dont go to any bh without a cleric ya at level 60 i can tank it if i want to. but level 40 depending on the person >.>
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    /\polllo/Sin/96