5aps tt nirvana farming solution

Comments

• Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you can tell me a weapon that is suitable for farming for casters (as in, give DPS) then I'd agree.

However, when you cannot find such a thing, it means those are disadvantaged at farming. And don't forget farming gives you all those nice shiny gems and refines
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    That's why it's senseless talking about Warsoul wizard wep having less DPS than 5.0 in the first place. One is not a DPS wep while the other one is.

Yeah but it's getting boring with most 5 aps defenders saying "5 aps isn't broken because wizards can one-shot squads in TW" when they... have nothing to do with each other.

5 aps doesn't shine in TW, it shines in TT.

And yeah like Asheera said, money in this game doesn't come from TW. (especially not anymore)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah but it's getting boring with most 5 aps defenders saying "5 aps isn't broken because wizards can one-shot squads in TW" when they... have nothing to do with each other.

5 aps doesn't shine in TW, it shines in TT.

And yeah like Asheera said, money in this game doesn't come from TW. (especially not anymore)

But the solution isn't to slow down 5.0s, that doesn't help anyone. Are wizards going to farm better with 5.0s now being 3.0s? or if bosses self buffed Bramble or some ****? NO wizards would still be **** DPS at a TT boss. Are they going to get taken to TTs more? NO because now here's all the more reason to take a whole squad of high DDs because instances have become longer.

The solution is obviously to make casters better in PvE.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    But the solution isn't to slow down 5.0s, that doesn't help anyone. Are wizards going to farm better with 5.0s now being 3.0s? or if bosses self buffed Bramble or some ****? NO wizards would still be **** DPS at a TT boss. Are they going to get taken to TTs more? NO because now here's all the more reason to take a whole squad of high DDs because instances have become longer.

Someone suggested no damage reduction on [?] bosses at range, I kind of like the suggestion.

Doesn't affect 5 aps, but helps non -int archers/casters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010

It is relative.

Nowadays because of so imba melee DDers they'd rather run the instance with not a full squad than invite an available caster for help, because he nerf drops (takes some or has a chance to). However if DDers were closer to the damage of a caster, but still superior, indeed they'd be first chosen over a wizard but if squad isn't full and you can't find one, some would go for inviting a wizard to make the run less of a pain/shorter.

I'm not talking about friends obviously since all of the above doesn't apply in that case.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And don't forget farming gives you all those nice shiny gems and refines

One word: Wushu.

Not with 9x+ people unless you're godly refined, but with a 5x-8x alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • viktorbg
    viktorbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    BMs soloed and tanked 3-3 with 4 aps sparked before 99% of us even heard about PW. Back in 2005/2006.

That aside, no. Barbs were made to be the best tanks (highest HP and all) but not the only tanks. People CS for 5 aps chars and that's what the company wants.

Lemme tell ya something about the game, before there was no CV (Lunar here) there was no WQ, there was no 2nd map etc and the atk/sec was 3.33 max.

Edit: Hell even 3.33 was impossible, the HH100 (that fist with -0.1 interval ) weps was add'd much latter.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you can tell me a weapon that is suitable for farming for casters (as in, give DPS) then I'd agree.

However, when you cannot find such a thing, it means those are disadvantaged at farming. And don't forget farming gives you all those nice shiny gems and refines

As a caster, you can have your dps if I can have a 25-30 meter ranged 2 spark aoe ulti.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Quilue, I'm just saying, if people couldn't farm so efficiently anymore, devs might make bosses easier... or have less HP.
    As a caster, you can have your dps if I can have a 25-30 meter ranged 2 spark aoe ulti.
    Just the ulti is what you lack?

I want anti-stun, a lot more HP, spammable AOEs, indefinite stunlocks, etc etc... who actually needs a lot more stuff here? BMs or wiz/psys?

And I don't believe we were advocating wizards getting more DPS -- that would break PvP yes (although slightly more wouldn't hurt, but not 5x or anything like that... lol)... 5aps already breaks PvP when it is used (which means: rarely). If you get occult ice'd for example and have no genie immune skills (hint: immune means damage you receive is too great, means OP), you are dead in less than a sec. Your charm won't even tick due to so high DPS (check Adroit's vid). That's what has to be nerfed -- not wizards boosted. And ofc the PvE aspect is just... no comment.
    edited October 2010
    Just the ulti is what you lack?

I want anti-stun, a lot more HP, spammable AOEs, indefinite stunlocks, etc etc... who actually needs a lot more stuff here? BMs or wiz/psys?

And I don't believe we were advocating wizards getting more DPS -- that would break PvP yes (although slightly more wouldn't hurt, but not 5x or anything like that... lol)... 5aps already breaks PvP when it is used (which means: rarely). If you get occult ice'd for example and have no genie immune skills (hint: immune means damage you receive is too great, means OP), you are dead in less than a sec. Your charm won't even tick due to so high DPS (check Adroit's vid). That's what has to be nerfed -- not wizards boosted. And ofc the PvE aspect is just... no comment.

Shut up.

"I want I want I want"

You've proven your opinion is worth nothing.

b:bye

edit: Evidentially, you are a horrible mage and you should have rolled a BM.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    It's not proof if it's only in your head ijs.
    edited October 2010
    It's not proof if it's only in your head ijs.

Sounds like you want to be a BM. DPS and AoE envy and all....
    I want anti-stun, a lot more HP, spammable AOEs, indefinite stunlocks, etc etc... who actually needs a lot more stuff here?

You have almost as many AoE's as a BM. You have DB, MS, BT, BIDS, ES, Phoenix...

Awww, you can't spam them all at the same time...

Would you take a 50-60% damage reduction to have slammable AOEs? I hope you do realize that your AOEs outdamage a BM's like by 200-300%...

Seriously, you're worse than Yulk.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Huh? I can't believe you even consider emberstorm or hailstorm spammable. Not to mention how **** they are (hailstorm is ok-ish though but still nowhere near spammable). And DB is a completely different thing altogether -- it's not spammable, and worse it makes you immobile. Which is pretty **** in PvP.

Basically hailstorm is the only AOE we have that doesn't need chi and is "normal". Emberstorm and DB are just way too... different... to consider them in the same bag.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Stuff

Borsuc, please just stop. You're making all the other wizards look bad.

P.S. You forgot Phoenix...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Personally i think im not doing bad on wizzie skills. would like Divine pyro, ulti's, Stone barrier, Force of will, fire mastery and will of the Pheonix rest i either have or im not interested in
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
      pw should act fast nowadays no one needs us for nirvana and it s really hard 2 get a squad not 2 metion that a wizzard will probably never be able 2 solo a tt or to go on solo mode (with a high tt 3-x) and what do we have on the other hand ?great pk skills ?well bms and sins have both farming and pk skills that may even be better and how they consider the game balanced?so they should AT LEAST
    [/LIST]
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
      pw should act fast nowadays no one needs us for nirvana and it s really hard 2 get a squad not 2 metion that a wizzard will probably never be able 2 solo a tt or to go on solo mode (with a high tt 3-x) and what do we have on the other hand ?great pk skills ?well bms and sins have both farming and pk skills that may even be better and how they consider the game balanced?so they should
    AT LEAST give us a squad buff that would be awesome or something 2 make squads need us again plz try 2 work on that pw cuz wizard class is gettinng.....extincted
    [/LIST]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    How about Wizzys just make a Cleric alt?

Just an idea.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yay a thread turning to a wizzies thread!!!! :D
    Hi fellow wizzies b:pleased

and int people b:angry
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sounds like you want to be a BM. DPS and AoE envy and all....

You have almost as many AoE's as a BM. You have DB, MS, BT, BIDS, ES, Phoenix...

Awww, you can't spam them all at the same time...

Would you take a 50-60% damage reduction to have slammable AOEs? I hope you do realize that your AOEs outdamage a BM's like by 200-300%...

Seriously, I'm worse than Yulk.

You're worse than Yulk too... idiot. A mage that does not know how to lock is a fail mage though. Veno with 25k HP and 25k p.def is obviously more OP than a 5aps moron like you.

Again, random squads fail, ZZZ...
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    How about Wizzys just make a Cleric alt?

Just an idea.....

Veno is better. Can go 5 aps too. Powerlevel with bh100. Share armor from 1-99, then restat to heavy/fist at 100.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Veno is better. Can go 5 aps too. Powerlevel with bh100. Share armor from 1-99, then restat to heavy/fist at 100.

Yeah, venoes > barbs > every other class still b:surrender

@ topic, when it comes to cash shopping, nothing will happen. If people get 5aps for free, it would have been nerfed ages ago. Also, people only use fists in single targets. Whoever said they earned 5aps by coins are just pulling numbers out of their buttocks. Either 3 ways.

If I had my own mmo, I would like people to stay and enjoy the game, but I do want profit out of it as well, don't you? The devs are making bad decisions, i agree, but if they **** up, they get screamed at. Why would you want to join a random squad without knowing how the player plays anyway? At least ask ahead.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »

Yes, because the channeling boost from veno demon spark is just that aweso....oh wait. b:surrender

Without fist mastery or any attack buffs, fist venos would deal pretty minisule damage for an aps char. And adding all that dex would make their magic nerfed to bits. If you choose to go foxform for the melee mastery, your magic weapon will never get -int and your attack speed never reach more than half that of a fist character
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yes, because the channeling boost from veno demon spark is just that aweso....oh wait. b:surrender

Without fist mastery or any attack buffs, fist venos would deal pretty minisule damage for an aps char. And adding all that dex would make their magic nerfed to bits. If you choose to go foxform for the melee mastery, your magic weapon will never get -int and your attack speed never reach more than half that of a fist character

talking about stuff you don't know about. a demon fist veno at 4/sec base and 5 with wind shield is much stronger than a fist archer, and on par with a fist bm. They dont even need fist mastery, the 650% base damage from spark over the standard 500% is enough. When my veno is 100, it will have the same pattack as my fist bm and 7% more crit, I wouldn't say that they deal minuscule damage.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There is one problem with that, and that would be chi gain. You would really have to spam wind shield then, because 4/s is not enough to perma-spark for a veno. On that note, while you spam your wind shield, any other 5.0 would be spamming something else, say frenzy, which makes fist archer not much worse
    (also top end archers can have around 40% crit rate)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    4/sec is perma spark no? What's the difference if a veno has it compared to any other 4/sec classes. only thing I can think of is that they get 4 chi per hit while bm's get 5. would 4 chi per hit not be enough for perma?
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Yes because 5 per hit with 4aps is exactly on spot with perma-sparking... and that assumes no lag at all.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yes because 5 per hit with 4aps is exactly on spot with perma-sparking... and that assumes no lag at all.
    Well, no, because that also assumes no seals either. Hello new PWI, goodbye 4 APS permaspark. b:bye
    edited November 2010
    You're worse than Yulk too... idiot. A mage that does not know how to lock is a fail mage though. Veno with 25k HP and 25k p.def is obviously more OP than a 5aps moron like you.

Again, random squads fail, ZZZ...

25k hp veno?

Random squads?

You're calling me a moron and an idiot, yet you're rambling on about 50k hp barb and 25k hp veno fantasy builds? You've been playing this game for two years and haven't done much more than hit level 60.

Your mad ramblings of a lunatic suffering from multiple nervous breakdowns... makes me feel pity for you.

You are a sad, sad little boy.
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    u see..people..barbs..whoever.Barbs arent to actually hold aggro at 100+ its more of aggitating aggro or reaming aggro off one who has it..kinda like uhhh rebirth..but since most barbs FAIL or QUIT or just to damn scared to do anything these days..they will never know.