Lunar weapon or TT99 as endgame weapon ? >_>

Options
ILubby - Raging Tide
ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Cleric
Haii all,

Is a Lunar weapon better/same/worse than a TT99 weapon?

AND

Which is better as a Lunar, wand/pataka/sword?
Which is better as a TT99 weapon? Godspeed/Mirage?

I currently use Wraith Conquerer, always stuck to swords. And what I mostly care about is : M atk then -channeling then HP.

So.....opinions? b:cute
Post edited by ILubby - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lunar is better then TT99, but also more expensive.

As far as most people think, Wand is best, then Sword, and pataka sucks. (I use sword personally as I like the adds better)

Godspeed > Mirage, other gold tt99 weapons really come down to what adds you like more and what you can afford.

Lunar does have advantage in you're able to resell it if you change your mind on end game weapon and will refine better, but really it all comes down to cost and personall preferance.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    not very big difference between them all

use pwcalc and pick best adds for best price
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lunar Wand is great for Cleric's since all their damage is based off the min magic attack. Higher the Min attack, the better the heals.

If you plan on going Nirvana however, I'd suggest just getting the cheapest TT99 weapon: and saving up the raptures. Since you can make any weapon you would like: wand/sword/glaive.

Wand - for Clerics', due to the higher base min mag attack, and stable "reliable" damage.
    Sword - for Wizards, due to the extra high end for higher crits.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmmm so yea I guess the Lunar wand is the best, for the adds too
    I already have the weapon insignia so no biggie on the price
    But the thing that I don't like about the wand is that it looks just like the TT80 gold wand -.- but oh well, what the heck

Thanks a lot guys <3b:bye
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lunar Wand is great for Cleric's since all their damage is based off the min magic attack. Higher the Min attack, the better the heals.

If you plan on going Nirvana however, I'd suggest just getting the cheapest TT99 weapon: and saving up the raptures. Since you can make any weapon you would like: wand/sword/glaive.

Wand - for Clerics', due to the higher base min mag attack, and stable "reliable" damage.

meh, i prefer using my glaive's lol, just by the look of them and decent average. magic swords are after glaives, wands i just can't stand to look at ijs. add preference isn't the only thing taken into account. for example i don't use claws on my bm since their just plain ugly and theirs only certain fists I'll use (don't like the look of 80 gold). i won't use pike only poleblade ect ect ect the list goes on. but all in all wands average is better, glaives have good -channel on them. magic swords spike dmg ect. just choose how you like it. I'm more of a combat oriented cleric (83) and i like my glaive. it's not top spike for DD and it's not highest min for heal but more of a middle of the road. i only heal occasionally which basicly means farming TT and diong fcc for lvl's. even in BH i tend to heal most the time since we normally have a sin who's painted the tank's which gives me more roaming. seals, sparks and so forth. choose a weapon that also fits your playstyle and don't go with just support/healing unless that's the type of cleric that you play. it'll eventually boil down to personal preference, playstyle, and affordability.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Orange: Not really. The "base magic attack" in the skill descriptions = "Magic Atk." in the character window. When you use a skill (heal or attack, doesn't matter), the game choose a number randomly from that range.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    id probably go lunar too if i didnt have my current weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Orange: Not really. The "base magic attack" in the skill descriptions = "Magic Atk." in the character window. When you use a skill (heal or attack, doesn't matter), the game choose a number randomly from that range.

I wish people would realize this... I hear far too often that damage is calculated from min. attk -_-
    use pwcalc and pick best adds for best price

This, as always, is (by far) the best advice.

b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Generally, the better the grade of the weapon, the better the weapon is.

IE: TT99 grade 12 VS Lunar grade 13
    This is especially true if you plan to upgrade the weapons very high.

The only time I can think of where this is not true is with Rank 8 weapon grade 14 VS Nirvana weapon grade 15
    The rank weapon was still better than the nirvana weapon (in refinement alone; reforging can make the nirvana weapon arguably better).

If money is of no real problem, Lunar is probably your best bet. If money is a problem, sticking to your TT99 weapons will probably be a good choice.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The only time I can think of where this is not true is with Rank 8 weapon grade 14 VS Nirvana weapon grade 15
    The rank weapon was still better than the nirvana weapon (in refinement alone; reforging can make the nirvana weapon arguably better).

actually i thought that it was the other way around:
    Refines: g13 nirv = g15 nirv > g14 r8

this is what is listed in pwidatabase and i can confirm that the g13 nirvana soulsphere, the g14 r8 glaive and the g15 nirvana fists refine as pwi database says.

while it's not a definite proof it indicates that pwidatabase is not completely inaccurate.
    also, it is accepted as truth by other members of the fora as stated in various topics
    edited November 2010
    Options

If that is the case then there should be the ability to Crit Heal. Which isn't the case. And if you read the skills, it's based off the Min Magic attack. Say your magic attack is 10,816 - 12,326. Your heals would be off of the lower of the numbers.

Not some random number between the two, that's just silly. I.J.S. >.>;

Would be silly for them to give HEALS a random number.

I know for a fact DAMAGE is random between you high end and low end, and it isn't a set number. But however, if you read the skills and the descriptions you'll notice it's based off the min magic attack for most support skills.

All of the Clerics DD skills are random set, off of your Magic Attack + 100/200% of weapon damage. Which is there-fore a random number generation off of your magic attack with a 200% max rage hit -crit (chance) for added dmg.

But yea, w/e.

Personally still see it as: Heals = Min Mag atk
    DD = w/e DMG as long as it's w/in your weapon range, lol.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If that is the case then there should be the ability to Crit Heal. Which isn't the case. And if you read the skills, it's based off the Min Magic attack. Say your magic attack is 10,816 - 12,326. Your heals would be off of the lower of the numbers.

Not some random number between the two, that's just silly. I.J.S. >.>;

Try 10 Wellsprings and note the amount it heals. It won't be the same amount for every Wellspring, so it has to be a random number between your min and max magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have, and did check it. It's the same. you may also be a varible off of your random buffs, etc. If you're sparked: etc, w/e it is.

Also: Wellspring heals a different % from every different person, due to their own HP, etc.
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But however, if you read the skills and the descriptions you'll notice it's based off the min magic attack for most support skills.

The skill descriptions say "base magic attack", not min. magic attack.
    base =/= minimum
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Blessing of the Purehearted
    Bless the target to recover 35 HP plus 4%
    of your base magic attack.

Ironheart Blessing
    Bless the target to recover 84 HP plus 3% of
    your base magic attack over 15 seconds.

Wellspring Surge
    Rapidly recovers target's HP, recovering 80
    plus 2% of your base magic attack.

Stream of Rejuvenation
    Heal the target's HP, recovering 690 plus 23%
    of your base magic attack and an additional
    690 HP over 15 seconds.

every attack also says base magic attack.
    even if base magic attack = min magic attack then what happens to heals happens to attacks too.
    also, i'm pretty sure that nobody will be stupid enough to spark/change buffs/cast emp.vigor while testing.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have, and did check it. It's the same. you may also be a varible off of your random buffs, etc. If you're sparked: etc, w/e it is.

Also: Wellspring heals a different % from every different person, due to their own HP, etc.

Please don't post things like that in the cleric section, and misleading every low level b:bye

Heals are totally random between your magic attack value, your own HP does not matter one bit about heals.
    Switch your weapon, go buy a glaive or better a pataka.Test it, come back, and say that you were wrong. >_<
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I assumed it was common sense to test it under the same conditions every time, and ofc i was referring to absolute values, not % of HP. Its logical that Wellspring ofc wouldnt heal as much % of HP for a barb as it does for any squishy.

Please go test again b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Please don't post things like that in the cleric section, and misleading every low level b:bye

b:scorn Then it wouldn't be a discussion. Actually bringing up that myth and actually discussing it is a great way to demonstrate which is truth.

@ThanosQRt
    Whoops, my bad. Thought I had checked it out completely and seems I skimmed some information and missed it. b:surrender
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:scorn Then it wouldn't be a discussion. Actually bringing up that myth and actually discussing it is a great way to demonstrate which is truth.

or everyone could just check stuff before they post and there would be no myths to bust..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    or everyone could just check stuff before they post and there would be no myths to bust..

Yes, and sometimes when you search it will come up with threads that obviously does not match (like fashion lost thread in general), get annoyed and just make a new thread asking.

Honestly, no harm in new threads. It's like people complaining of the same thing on GameFAQs. If it annoys you, skip over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Generally, the better the grade of the weapon, the better the weapon is.

IE: TT99 grade 12 VS Lunar grade 13
    This is especially true if you plan to upgrade the weapons very high.

If money is of no real problem, Lunar is probably your best bet. If money is a problem, sticking to your TT99 weapons will probably be a good choice.
    1% false. b:chuckle lunar glade neon purgatory tops over TT99s if its refined to +12. Below that tho the TT99s tend to win (depends on if you a crit monger too xD )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alright, for one.

I was confused as to what you ment. I had peopel troll me when I said base magic attack. I ment Base Magic attack = Min magic attack.

Another thing, When talking about the persons HP, etc. I was talking about the TARGET your healing on. their hp may be different. Meaning, it may appear to heal less on people with higher hp, than people with less hp.. but over-all same effect over-all with heals.

And the only reason your base magic attack will change is due to: weapon swapping, and if your sparked or unsparked - buffed/unbuffed.

Another thing (Edited in):
    It's common sense to factor in the Skills Guaranteed Damage...
    Demon Wield Thunder: "Cast a chain of lightning at the enemy, inflicting Metal damage equal to 'base magic damage plus' (min magic atk) +
    200% of weapon damage plus 6365.0 (add on damage/Guaranteed) and reduces the target's Metal resistance for 10 seconds."

Anyways, going to stop fixing this babbling post, starting to get tired. Lol. (Posting/Writing when tired, makes me word things wrong, :S.)
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alright, for one.

I was confused as to what you ment. I had peopel troll me when I said base magic attack. I ment Base Magic attack = Min magic attack.

Another thing, When talking about the persons HP, etc. I was talking about the TARGET your healing on. their hp may be different. Meaning, it may appear to heal less on people with higher hp, than people with less hp.. but over-all same effect over-all with heals.

And the only reason your base magic attack will change is due to: weapon swapping, and if your sparked or unsparked - buffed/unbuffed.

Demon Wield Thunder: "Cast a chain of lightning at the enemy, inflicting Metal damage equal to 'base magic damage plus' (min magic atk) +
    200% of weapon damage plus 6365.0 (add on damage/Guaranteed) and reduces the target's Metal resistance for 10 seconds."

Anyways, going to stop fixing this babbling post, starting to get tired. Lol. (Posting/Writing when tired, makes me word things wrong, :S.)

Noone trolled you. I have to repeat myself: Base magic attack is not min magic attack. It's a random number between the range of the two number you see in the character window. You're simply wrong on this matter.
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Originally posted in the long dead "Cayeon's Guide on Full Attack Priests" some of us old timers should remember.

>>> Exactly how much base magic attack does INT give?
    It depends on your level and your equipment magic attack. Basically it goes like this:
    (level+equipment magic attack)/100
    For example, if you have 550 equipment magic attack at level 50, every point in INT will give you 6 base
    magic attack.
    >>> What is the difference between equipment magic attack and base magic attack?
    Equipment magic attack: You get it by adding all +magic attack giving equipments, i.e. weapon, rings,
    soulstones and bonus stats.
    For example, if your weapon gives 500-650 magic attack, your rings 100, your soulstones 15, and your
    bonus stats 25, your equipment magic attack is 640-790.
    Base magic attack: This is the value you see under Magic Attack in your character window. You can
    calculate it with the following formula:
    (1+(INT/100))*(level+equipment magic attack)
    For example, if you have 1100-1500 equipment magic attack and 500 INT at level 100, you’ll have around
    7200-9600 base magic attack.
    You see, it’s not a simple addition. INT actually acts as an amplifier.
    >>> How did you calculate the damage of all the different builds?
    The approximate formula is: ((base magic attack)+(INT+weapon magic attack)*(magic attack % from
    skill)+skill add-on damage)*(100% + additional % from metal element mastery)
    Please note that it doesn’t take into account the mob’s defense. Unless you can figure out how much
    damage reduction a specific mob has exactly, you can only calculate your damage on the extreme low
    level mobs like goats and dogs.

Here is the original link if anyone is curious:
    http://home.arcor.de/cayeon/FA_EP_Guide/FA_EP_Guide_v3.2.pdf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TrueMercy - Harshlands
    TrueMercy - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I could not withstand and tested it too.
    4 Attempts with IH
    1. healed 494 hp (x5 of course)
    2. 463 hp
    3. 449 hp
    4. 452 hp

Can you explain this please? I never sparked or changed weapon. o.o

And how does Wellspring heal more on a barb than on an other class with less hp?

Heals 350 plus 20% of your base magic attack.

It does not heal 20% of someone's maximum hp. b:surprised
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's just appearances.

A person, with more H.P. Say, a barb. A Wellspring won't appear to heal as much Versus another A.A. which you're casting upon.
    Barbs = 9k hp +
    BM = 5k hp +

As I ment: It heals 350 + 20% of your base magic attack. It just appears to not heal as much, but the effect is the same.
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • TrueMercy - Harshlands
    TrueMercy - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thanks, your answers always are neutral and nice to read. 0% arrogant or provoking b:cute
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alright, for one.

I think you have never had pataka or glavie. Or you never played around long enough with it to notice the difference. With my glavie if I am lucky enough, I can take aggro off the same level wiz with the equal base magic attack.

I am sure the same applies to healing. Not that I care much about that one.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I ment Base Magic attack = Min magic attack.

This is incorrect. Please go back and actually read what was said.

Actually, I'll make it easy for you. I've taken the liberty of highlighting the salient points.
    Originally posted in the long dead "Cayeon's Guide on Full Attack Priests" some of us old timers should remember.
    Base magic attack: This is the value you see under Magic Attack in your character window. You can
    calculate it with the following formula:
    (1+(INT/100))*(level+equipment magic attack)
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Here's more since it wouldn't let me fit it in.
    The skill descriptions say "base magic attack", not min. magic attack.
    base =/= minimum
    Ironheart Blessing
    Bless the target to recover 84 HP plus 3% of
    your base magic attack over 15 seconds.

Wellspring Surge
    Rapidly recovers target's HP, recovering 80
    plus 2% of your base magic attack.

every attack also says base magic attack.
    even if base magic attack = min magic attack then what happens to heals happens to attacks too.
    Heals are totally random between your magic attack value, your own HP does not matter one bit about heals.
    Switch your weapon, go buy a glaive or better a pataka.Test it, come back, and say that you were wrong. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]