Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    #4 seems to be an attack/def bonus on rainbow TW squad.
    Last one seems to have something to do with rank8. Set bonus maybe?

Anyway, they're making the game too easy now. Drop rate is enough, don't need atk/def levels too.

Even with only 50% rate, 6 aps squad will still be superior since they'll finish 20 times faster, and dont have to share loot with all 10 people.

FF exp will already incredibly reduced with 10 people that +50% won't do much.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm putting my bets on rumor and wistful thinking.

edit- Confirmation from a friend that it is only the speculations of that poster. None of it is fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My interpretation:
    -> In order to keep player interests, 5.0 cap on atk speed won't get nerfed.
    But! to balance the things:
    1. Teams will be for up to 10 players.

9 man 5.0 squad b:faint
    with 1 ep. b:surrender
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm putting my bets on rumor and wistful thinking.

edit- Confirmation from a friend that it is only the speculations of that poster. None of it is fact.

ty :-3. I really didn't know if that's good or bad.... but i think i'd rather keep as we are lol xD
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TBH reads to me that they will increase the number of armour pieces needed for an add, and maybe reduce them from single pieces.
    Whats interesting is that it mentions "singing" which afaik is channeling .. So maybe if they make it harder to get -int they are going to make it as a balance just as hard to get -chan ..

Hmmm wait and see i guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ty :-3. I really didn't know if that's good or bad.... but i think i'd rather keep as we are lol xD

Maybe should put in your post with the translate that it is not from official PW, just speculation from their forums? Would cut down on rumors drastically.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The rainbow squad thing is interesting. I can see it now....assuming if they are true.

"LF rainbow squad members to help open TT. Paying $$$$!!!"

LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lol....so true. This new expansion is going to bring some lulz for sure.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So, basicly a suggestion from PWE to instead of lowering the 5.0 aps cap, just making it impossible to reach , at least for sins. And some worries if the interval on rank 8 would also require 4 pieces of rank 8 equipment to obtain b:shocked. In which case, the changes would truly be a poorly disguised 5.0 aps nerf.

All that in order to maintain balance between the classes , and make players want to play other classes then sins. A noble goal indeed , and possibly needed to avoid pw drowning in the rising tide of sins...

And a suggestion from someone to improve PW in other areas instead, like more epic/rare pets for venomancers, making rainbow squads work better then solo farming.

Intresting. Perhaps Genesis is a fitting name on this change in more then one way. We'll have to wait and see what happens anyway. :)

My guess: 4.0 - 5.0 aps sins will still be possible, but only at a much higher cost then today.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    improve pw in other areas sounds nice. i reapet myselt coz on other sever ive played veno and it was the cheapest clas there. here its the most expensive one coz of the pets. so here if u dont wanna invest money in the game u can forget to play as veno. and thats unfair. all other class is the same but as a golem veno u can forget to find a squand if u dont have a herc. beside u have to upgrade ur gears and weapons like other class. 9999 items for a herc thats crazy and i have to watch how many money the players invest in that game makes my **** to boil. i lost the joy of playing here, coz its getting boring see all the people grinding all the time on hyper. the game looses its fun of different stuff like godless valley. ive played that stuff not just for exp. it was realy fum that just do the same all over again. i hope there will come some changes for other classes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    improve pw in other areas sounds nice. i reapet myselt coz on other sever ive played veno and it was the cheapest clas there. here its the most expensive one coz of the pets. so here if u dont wanna invest money in the game u can forget to play as veno. and thats unfair. all other class is the same but as a golem veno u can forget to find a squand if u dont have a herc. beside u have to upgrade ur gears and weapons like other class. 9999 items for a herc thats crazy and i have to watch how many money the players invest in that game makes my **** to boil. i lost the joy of playing here, coz its getting boring see all the people grinding all the time on hyper. the game looses its fun of different stuff like godless valley. ive played that stuff not just for exp. it was realy fum that just do the same all over again. i hope there will come some changes for other classes

Q: other sever ive played veno and it was the cheapest clas there
    A: I think they still the cheapest too here.

Q: if u dont wanna invest money in the game u can forget to play as veno.
    A: Let me check how many herc less 90+ venomancer, i think there a lot.

Q: all other class is the same but as a golem veno u can forget to find a squand if u dont have a herc
    A: Not really, the initial class for squad is barb and cleric. (before 5 aps come) The rest is just a DD or squad support to make everything goes faster. And most non legendary pet owner comment that many venomancer with legendary pet is less use full because of how they depend so much on their pets. (kind of venomancer that lost in pvp once their pet death)

Q: beside u have to upgrade ur gears and weapons like other class
    A: Venomancer didn't have to really do that especially for weapon parts and if the venomancer didn't interested in pvp, there no need for the best available equipment. (but of course on end game they should have much more better equipment)

Q: 9999 items for a herc thats crazy
    A: Didn't every version of PW have 9999 SoF or PoF for Hercules and Phoenix ? Not just here. Though on some version they sell the ticket or large sum of legendary pet mats in item mall and of course much more expensive than buying the usual pack. (with average sof/pof gain)

Q: i lost the joy of playing here, coz its getting boring see all the people grinding all the time on hyper
    A: Kinda agree, but not everyone doing it.

Q: i hope there will come some changes for other classes
    A: I hope so, since it was one way to develop the game further more after we got 5 race to complete the elemental table.
    (fire, metal, wood, earth, water aka human, elves, untamed, earthguard, tideborn)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • mortie
    mortie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Q: 9999 items for a herc thats crazy
    A: Didn't every version of PW have 9999 SoF or PoF for Hercules and Phoenix ? Not just here. Though on some version they sell the ticket or large sum of legendary pet mats in item mall and of course much more expensive than buying the usual pack. (with average sof/pof gain)

PW MS didn't have Hercules or Phoenix.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mortie wrote: »
    PW MS didn't have Hercules or Phoenix.

Now you mention it, pw multi language service europan server just died at 10th nov 2010. b:sad
    Hm i don't really know, so they just not exist there ? Weird . . b:shocked . . Though i heard it because there not many people using boutique ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    edit: Note: this is confirmed to be a rumour. The source comes from a player from PW-CN that wanted to suggest this.

google translate:

My interpretation:
    -> In order to keep player interests, 5.0 cap on atk speed won't get nerfed.
    But! to balance the things:
    1. Teams will be for up to 10 players.
    2. Full-rainbow squads (on TT?) [made of 1 by each class] will have drop rate increased to 250%. BUT!!!! non-full-rainbow squads will be reduced by 50%.
    3. Some dungeons (including TT, Rebirth, FF, etc) with full-rainbow squads will have atk and defense lvl +10, and EXP and spirit +50%
    4. ???
    5. ???

source

Now start discussion: this was a rumour thread from CN, or he got that info officially? : O

So basically, Rank8 will be the only 5aps, causing those people who "Demand to be uber" will spend upwards of $200k to get the rep required. They're nerfing the ability to farm TT's alone (again), and parties are going to be expanded to an unrealistic number which isnt needed. Yay...
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So basically, Rank8 will be the only 5aps, causing those people who "Demand to be uber" will spend upwards of $200k to get the rep required. They're nerfing the ability to farm TT's alone (again), and parties are going to be expanded to an unrealistic number which isnt needed. Yay...

Someone can't read~~~

Also, rank 8 does not cost $200k. Rank 9 doesn't even cost $200k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Someone can't read~~~

fixed, now ppl who can't read will read it = D. i put size 6 + red color on it :P

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11073552&postcount=721
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah i think i have enough of this before i spend ca 400 dollars for both pets i buy better the ps3 and have fun with this. so c ya maybe after update. coz i dont think here is space for players that wanna play for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They're nerfing the ability to farm TT's alone (again), and parties are going to be expanded to an unrealistic number which isnt needed.

b:chuckle

Thats the way it should be.

Tbh i miss the squad aspect of the game. You make some great friends that way, not based on who has uber gears or whos pro or not. Having greater emphasis on squading (greater number or not) could decrease the number of the total high lvl noobs who have been running around.
  • zomp
    zomp Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    fixed, now ppl who can't read will read it = D. i put size 6 + red color on it :P

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11073552&postcount=721

b:laugh I luv that link.. the Chinese guy said in his post.. "If I'm lieing, I will get run over by car when I go out", from post 3 and on wards everyone asking him, are you dead yet. quote from one of the post "OP yet to reply.. I guess he got run over" b:thanks
    edited November 2010
    Options
    from offical CN news, we have new screenshots : D

this time is how the new race will look while meditating: [rocky-like b:spit]
    Male
    Female
    Male2
    Female2

PS: that rocky was joke b:laugh
    edited November 2010
    Options

Male
    Female
    Male2
    Female2

Those pose b:shocked don't tell me . . that how they meditate . . plants grow when they meditate ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Male
    Female
    Male2
    Female2

that actually looks pretty cool b:laugh the backgrounds look nice too.

the earthguard themselves don't look too different from the TB in those pics though.
  • volst
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Those dudes are buff.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Male
    Female
    Male2
    Female2

Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    this time is how the new race will look while meditating

Brb, sprouting manly flowers.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • volst
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Brb, sprouting manly flowers.

Imagine the outrage with all these flowery dudes running around and yet still unable to marry/hold each other. b:shocked
  • __Hysper - Sanctuary
    __Hysper - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    OOOOhhhh *___* It's pretty cool yeah xD I really like em.. they're cute *_* And they look like tb aswell.. :P
  • ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear
    ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol they need to expand the squad size lol all like hey wanna do rebirth? wait wait wait how can we do RB with a sin a mage a psy a mystic veno and a bm D= oh snap we can't KICK THE MYSTIC SIN AND PSY we need the original 6 classes XD
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol they need to expand the squad size lol all like hey wanna do rebirth? wait wait wait how can we do RB with a sin a mage a psy a mystic veno and a bm D= oh snap we can't KICK THE MYSTIC SIN AND PSY we need the original 6 classes XD

lol the game has to expand.... and i think they should increase squads to be able to include all classes.... but to cut classes no i dont think that should happen.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Male
    Female
    Male2
    Female2

Oh, that looks awesome.

Female earthguards b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
This discussion has been closed.