What if...

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Factions were limited to 20 per server? Would it help balance out TW? Sure not everyone is interested in it and can just go factionless, but who knows. Not like they have to go in TW themselves.

Maybe expand the limit to 500 per faction. All factions would be forced to attack a land per week, through a voting system or something. TW limit would still be 80 per instance.The game could delete any 3 factions with less than 80 active players online at its peak every month to open up a chance for others to make one for themselves.

Why isn't this in suggestions? I don't care, just a what if.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Isn't that mean max people in faction is 20 x 500 = 10000 for each server (is each server even reach 10000 ?)

I think people would gather the strongest or rich players in one faction (500 is a lot) and start destroying other faction with much more weaker or poor players.
    And it's make the faction become more like a country that keep recruiting soldier and everyone must pick one of the 20 faction. Which mean more people would chose the stronger ones, strong character not so separated like if there lots of factions.

Example of scenario is country wars in **** online where people always complains that one of the country has so many veteran. Or in ** online where one of the faction has almost all summoner class (summoning giant creatures and huge aoe spells) because the summoner community only teach new summoner if they enter the faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • volst
    edited November 2010
    What if it's 300 then? Since there's a guaranteed attack of all 19 (16 at the least) factions per week, the top won't always be so dominant. The current limit per timeslot is already 6. With mirages as a reward, highly unlikely they would put any effort in other wars.

Heck, it doesn't matter what the member limit is, what if only 20 factions were allowed and they're forced to attack each week?

To make it simpler, pretend the game is brand spankin' new with a big population. Without the politics of the current servers.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dont really like the idea that the gamers should be forced to anything. It's a game for fun. Not work.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dont really like the idea that the gamers should be forced to anything. It's a game for fun. Not work.

You aren't forced to join a faction are you?
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No but the faction system is a social part of the game and not only for teaming.
    I dont think you should be forced to do anything just to be in a social group.
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What if you just get rid of TW and then the number of factions doesnt mater.

Those that want to do TW can go factionless and wonder what if b:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Um, TW is serious business.

Making factions able to hold 500 people would pretty much mean that TWs would be reduced into zerk rushing because actual strategies would be just about impossible due to obvious limitations.

And then people would complain that TW is ruined forever.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't like the idea. I myself recently joined a smaller faction again, that actually invites people instead of lvls.

I don't like the " bigger" factions. been in one once, never got any help with culti's/bosses etc. since everyone was " busy" lvl 90+ asks for TT/BH/FCC and suddenly everyone is done with whatever they were doing...
    I know a lot of people who think the same about this.

Also this would mean lower lvls wouldn't be able to join a faction(because everybody only wants higher lvls), which would cause a lot of new players to leave straight away. While being a part of a faction when I was just starting the game has learned me a lot about how to play my class, how to build my char and what my role is in a squad. Hell I learned how to lure properly from my faction!

Anyway, restricting players to a fixed amount of facs per server is a bad idea imo.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:surrender not the greatest idea around.

Each server has so many players, and to limit them all to be in 20 factions.... well u're gonna have a LOT of factionless people running around.

To me, a faction is a group of people that are like a family. You don't wanna be alone and you don't wanna be forced to TW if you ARE in a faction.

Real Life comes first, and this is a game.

Game = fun. NOT work.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What if you just get rid of TW and then the number of factions doesnt mater.

Those that want to do TW can go factionless and wonder what if

+1b:chuckle
    I don't like the idea. I myself recently joined a smaller faction again, that actually invites people instead of lvls.

I don't like the " bigger" factions. been in one once, never got any help with culti's/bosses etc. since everyone was " busy" lvl 90+ asks for TT/BH/FCC and suddenly everyone is done with whatever they were doing...
    I know a lot of people who think the same about this.

Also this would mean lower lvls wouldn't be able to join a faction(because everybody only wants higher lvls), which would cause a lot of new players to leave straight away. While being a part of a faction when I was just starting the game has learned me a lot about how to play my class, how to build my char and what my role is in a squad. Hell I learned how to lure properly from my faction!

Anyway, restricting players to a fixed amount of facs per server is a bad idea imo.b:bye

^That

Also, would you tell other factions they have to disband or else they will get banned? What then? Will you give them the money back for lvl their factions?

A LOT of people would be factionless, and even more would just quit the game.

Also, look, under the bridge!!!!b:shockedb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i hate this idea. why nonTW players have to suffer and run around factionless? i love my guild cuz we have players from lvl 1 to 101. i love helping newbs and teaching them around the game. we have like 130+ players now in guild and most of us don't want to TW. many people gonna quit game if add something like this.
  • volst
    edited November 2010
    And what's wrong with helping noobs outside the faction? All of you just intentionally ignore everyone that doesn't have the same name above their heads? If you're obsessed about chatting, there's always world chat or chat room. Most level 3 factions are dead 23 hours a day anyway.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ours is far from dead, and is 130+ people that do not want to TW. We have lots of fun, and it very much is a social thing. Also nice to be able to run our own BHs and rebirths and get boss help for the lower levels without having to resort to things like world or common chatting for it, and being able to run these things with friends is a bonus. I have neither the interest nor the money it would take to TW, but if I was forced to disband Nocturne I would quit the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »
    And what's wrong with helping noobs outside the faction? All of you just intentionally ignore everyone that doesn't have the same name above their heads? If you're obsessed about chatting, there's always world chat or chat room. Most level 3 factions are dead 23 hours a day anyway.

The draw for factions, with me, is to have a group of reliably helpful people for lower levels, and then a group of people with the same needs at higher levels.

My faction does TW every once in a while, but I doubt we're in the top 20. So, what, a level 3 faction with over a hundred characters over 90 just goes poof? With all the love and effort (not to mention money) we've put into it just gone? We have a faction banking system, a faction forum with news about factions. We go on faction WB hunts. All this would be so much more complicated without an official faction.

Also, your assumption that decreasing the amount of factions would make TW more fair.... doesn't make sense. In Sanctuary, we had one faction dominated the map for like a year (not so much anymore), with only 3 or 4 factions strong enough to actually challenge them. How would this suggestion change anything? As it is now, the stronger, TW players swarm to the stronger TW factions. The number of weaker factions doesn't make any difference. Weaker factions get steamrolled in TW, and whether they're attacking every day or once a week, a steamroll is a steamroll.

I guess my conclusion is... I don't think this would do what you think it would, and please leave the low-level helper factions alone. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dunno, it's kinda an interesting idea, but doing it for the sake of "balancing TW" is ridiculous. Factions are about a heck of a lot more than TW. Personally I don't TW anymore whatsoever because my laptop simply can't handle the amount of lag with 160 people fighting at once spamming crazy psy and genie animations. That and 4 in the morning is just too late to be worth it.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i don't like this idea at all either, precisely because factions are such a big part of the social aspect of the game, and most people either don't want to or can't afford to TW.

i could see limiting territory war participation to only a small number (per server) of "level 4, TW-enabled" factions --- which would have to TW and/or bid regularly or be automatically demoted to level 3 factions, to free up the spot. might not be worth it, though, because i have no clue if it would actually help TW participation in any way at all --- probably not, even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.