BB madness

2»

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ^Who knows maybe they went afk and stuck toothpick in it along with their mana key button.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Er I BB at bosses who need BB and when I go BH with my faction mates, usually we like to have an aggro war so I always end up setting BB cuz switching IH doesn't always save the one who grabbed aggro, but again, we tend to have fun at BH nothing else cuz we all know each other and laugh about it. No QQ or whatever if someone dies.
    I also BB at nasty bosses when I do them with my hubby (sin) reduced damage helps him stay alive >_>, also at fail pulls ---> BB saves ***.
    Also when I'm tired yes I BB, it happens sometimes in TT cuz barbs just can't hold aggro from archers, well I guess people can't learn to behave. I don't mind BBing to let people have fun, gives me time to type xD and if they ever QQ about aggro deaths they know it ain't my fault.

As long as everyone is alive so what the heck, lazy or not, you're keeping your squad alive and everyone is happy
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    cuz switching IH doesn't always save the one who grabbed aggro

WS/WS/IH/IH/IH or the like combo, works better....
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Er I BB at bosses who need BB and when I go BH with my faction mates, usually we like to have an aggro war so I always end up setting BB cuz switching IH doesn't always save the one who grabbed aggro, but again, we tend to have fun at BH nothing else cuz we all know each other and laugh about it. No QQ or whatever if someone dies.
    I also BB at nasty bosses when I do them with my hubby (sin) reduced damage helps him stay alive >_>, also at fail pulls ---> BB saves ***.
    Also when I'm tired yes I BB, it happens sometimes in TT cuz barbs just can't hold aggro from archers, well I guess people can't learn to behave. I don't mind BBing to let people have fun, gives me time to type xD and if they ever QQ about aggro deaths they know it ain't my fault.

As long as everyone is alive so what the heck, lazy or not, you're keeping your squad alive and everyone is happy
    You could always use chromatic healing beam instead and stand back away from the boss.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Angel_Mew - Raging Tide
    Angel_Mew - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I know my bossses, if it is a boss I can get away with BB, or if he AOEs I will usually put it up, especially when bosses take a month to kill.

I do know the bosses where my party will die if I only BB and for that I just straight up ironheart/chromatic.

I BB because I my finger tires easy and I can't macro because it channels faster than it recharges. So yes I am lazy, but it works.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I can recall a TT run where Dim oneshotted the Cleric right through BB. Party Wipe. :(

I don't even have BB yet. I've successfully taken factionmates through TT1-2 on my level 56 cleric, with minimal deaths (I was told by a dead factionmate: "It's cheaper to rez than to heal" XD) We were even able to do Drummer, and our Veno's herc tanked Dim and everyone did ranged DD and stayed out of AOE, so we did the entire thing. So really... I'm looking forward to BB, but I know how to play my character without it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Healladiin - Harshlands
    Healladiin - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Having recently seen the latest craze of clerics putting up BB for the sake of BB, i have to ask...WTF. And yes this happens even with 2 clerics in squad....my favourite was a level 95+ squad with 3 clerics in it and BB and RB went up on Stygean

The other day i was killing blackhole on my veno, we added a cleric to squad she bb'd....my herc was tanking.

I have had a cleric bb in a TT with herc tanking, and when asked why was told 'i cant be arsed to do anything else' .....so your in the squad why?

Clerics BBing on stygean, or for 2 critters......why? Yes BB does cut the damage received down BUT if everyone is doing their job and not trying to do everyone elses, on non aoe critters the only one taking damage is the tank, and he/she can be healed with IH very effectively, should archer grab aggro a quick wellspring in his/her direction suffices till barb/tank has aggro back

Throwing up BB for no reason other than being a lazy **** cleric means DD dont control their own chars they bash about with no regard to their damage output, so when they get a cleric who actually knows what their IronHeart button is for, they go into shock.

Maybe i am not understanding why there is a craze of BB for sake of it clerics, can anyone shed some light?

most clerics have not done what I've done..............my barb buddy was desperate to get a cleric for his TT/bh runs and couldn't find any but me. I was lvl 26. Didn't even have a point in monochromatic yet. I was the only cleric in many of his squads. I know how to use my IHB button and I know how to retask my healing even in the middle of a fight with multiple mobs on multiple people. I learned early on what heal aggro was and when to let the expendable DD's die from their pulling aggro when they shouldn't have.b:angry If a squad looks like it's gonna wipe I concentrate healing on the tank and let people die because the only thing I need to stay alive in the instance is the tank......the rest of you DD's are expendable to me even if you are fellow clerics.
    So please cut the other clerics some slack because they have not done what I've done and wont' have done it until they get some sense knocked into their heads.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    im surprised no one mentioned BB costs less mp over time. Especially higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You could always use chromatic healing beam instead and stand back away from the boss.

Not always >.<

How can beam save squad when they lure 5-7 elite mobs in high instances? It may save barb and bm but certainly not wizard and some squishy sins
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Playing all my alts I get a little upset when cleric doesn't throw up bb because on bosses that anyone can tank (Fushma, Zimo, Pyro, entire bh79, and by bh89 almost everyone can tank anything...) it allows the DDs to go nuts without worry of grabbing aggro cause we're already stacked and have DR. Barb can switch to DDing and debuffing.

I had a cleric tell me when I asked for bb at Pyro "its faster if I heal the tank only and use my seals"... Not if me and 2 other people in the squad have to half our damage to not steal aggro.

I <3 bb as a DDer, even as a tank but dislike it as a cleric because I don't have the attention span to watch my mana (and don't have the coin to charm) and get bored if I'm not skill spamming.

. __________________________________________________________
    Btw, I was on my cleric in a 2 cleric squad doing BH59 drake and I asked other cleric what his purify and seals are. They were all level 1 and 2, mine are maxed, so I asked him to bb. He refused because he "didn't have an mp charm."

I thought this was ridiculous, laughed about it with friends, wrote it off as a noob mistake. Then I was tanking an FCC run and buffing after the bishop boss the cleric informs us his mana charm just died. He continued to heal just fine but when I did the exp room big pull and ran back there was no bb up. When I asked why,... he couldn't because he didn't have his mp charm anymore and it costs too much mana (he thought it was 500 mana a second, not every 5 seconds)
    b:shocked
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i fail to see what's so wrong about using this skill. i'm building a cerlic just for this skill lol. as the above poster stated. with BB, DDer can go ape **** on mobs without having to worry too much about getting killed. add in a hm charm along with good pots and i can be a far better tank than a barb. not sure if it's true or not but i heard of an entire sqaud doing a bh with only 2 cerlics and DDer no tanks. it was this that got me hooked on BB
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fact of the matter is, Probably with a dd squad that has their gear up to stat, sharded and refinement to par BB is something useful.
    Specially now with the continued uprising of the 3/5ap DD's.
    That's regarding people that know what their doing, know when and how to pot, stat and utilize their gear.
    If not, a dd that only maxed their attack but paid NO attention what so ever to their gear or defences that even a great skill as BB is useless. dead is dead and if a cleric is the only cleric there + in BB say bye bye to your exp cause a cleric cant do anything else BUT bb when it's up.

other side of the story is where BB is nothing more but a lazy cheap way out, when clerics use that to not be bothered EVER.
    It's when they do not learn anything else and when sh*t hits the fan they go "o.o why didn't bb work ? what do i do now ? what are all these other shiney buttons do !?"
    It's then that the new cleric gen/population will not know what exactly to do and how to work their arsenal of skills when BB doesn't cut it and BB is useless due to interruptoins of your channeling.

... just saying.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i fail to see what's so wrong about using this skill

Absolutely Nothing wrong with the skill. In fact it is an Awesome skill, problem is, it's a bit to awesome in regards to making our class challenging and fun. Takes all personal skill aspect out of the game when all you have to do is worry about keeping CHI on hand just to follow a group around and BB. Since this id pretty much all a cleric is for, lets just get rid of them, make a purchasable potion at merchant that creates a BB when you right click it.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    make a purchasable potion at merchant that creates a BB when you right click it.

you sir, aim to put this game out of it's misery b:laugh .

Fact of the matter is, Probably with a dd squad that has their gear up to stat, sharded and refinement to par BB is something useful.
    Specially now with the continued uprising of the 3/5ap DD's.
    That's regarding people that know what their doing, know when and how to pot, stat and utilize their gear.
    If not, a dd that only maxed their attack but paid NO attention what so ever to their gear or defences that even a great skill as BB is useless. dead is dead and if a cleric is the only cleric there + in BB say bye bye to your exp cause a cleric cant do anything else BUT bb when it's up.

other side of the story is where BB is nothing more but a lazy cheap way out, when clerics use that to not be bothered EVER.
    It's when they do not learn anything else and when sh*t hits the fan they go "o.o why didn't bb work ? what do i do now ? what are all these other shiney buttons do !?"
    It's then that the new cleric gen/population will not know what exactly to do and how to work their arsenal of skills when BB doesn't cut it and BB is useless due to interruptoins of your channeling.

... just saying.

oh i see what your sayin. sadly i would no doubt fall into this catagory as i only want to level my ceric so i can zen with my archer and a friend lol. but i also doubt i would be THAT noobish to where if **** hits the fan i wouldn't know what to do lol. you make a solid point and it seems i didn't understand the topic of this thread:P
  • Lolotte - Lost City
    Lolotte - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Worst ive seen is a cleric that just got his BB, BB's the sht out of everything, forgets debuffs need purify, tank dies, squad wipe and then QQ the rest of the squad is lousy...

If you don't know wtf you're doing, gtfo.

b:angry
  • Anthemyra - Archosaur
    Anthemyra - Archosaur Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i love bb as well as macro healing b:cute ... if the run is boring and squad is good and only a bit of healing is needed then i prefer to bb or macro heal and go semiafk b:chuckle i keep the stress of IH and aoe heal for those nasty bosses b:shocked ... u know who i talk about b:surrender
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol after OP i understand that i should better let DDs die than put up BB
    there is tons of crappy tanks and ungeared sissy DDs who will steal agro and die. BB often is only way to keep squad safe without anyone dying. i did a bh with tank who didnt speak english and used agro skill only when some1 else got agro, every dd got agro on boss and it was really hard to catch up to their health so they don't die without BB
    and seriously boss killing goes way faster if set BB and let DDs go nuts instead of holding back. i couldn't care less what heal cleric is using aslong as everyone stays alive
    edited December 2010
    lol after OP i understand that i should better let DDs die than put up BB
    there is tons of crappy tanks and ungeared sissy DDs who will steal agro and die. BB often is only way to keep squad safe without anyone dying. i did a bh with tank who didnt speak english and used agro skill only when some1 else got agro, every dd got agro on boss and it was really hard to catch up to their health so they don't die without BB
    and seriously boss killing goes way faster if set BB and let DDs go nuts instead of holding back. i couldn't care less what heal cleric is using aslong as everyone stays alive

In my bh59 squad today we just gave up on keeping the squad up because everyone was grabbing aggro so I just had the other cleric (DUAL_THREAT look her up some time she kicks, well, u know) heal me and with my lvl 9 wield thunder I tanked the rest of the bosses and u know what? I held aggro over a lvl 77 bm and THREE sins even though they weredouble sparking. I was getting 29k crits on my lvl 9 wield thunder and everything went swimmingly once I started to tank.
    edited December 2010
    because of my massive crits(which are huge for clerics my lvl) I was generating enough threat consistently to holg aggro.
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Not always >.<

How can beam save squad when they lure 5-7 elite mobs in high instances? It may save barb and bm but certainly not wizard and some squishy sins

And possibly draw aggro of all of them to yourself causing your own death. At least with BB, the damage reduction allows you to somewhat tank and buy some time for the DDs to react.