Graphics Lag

Alerean - Heavens Tear
Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Support Desk
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is limiting my system in terms of video performance as I tend to average around 9-12fps in some areas. All parts of Arch essentially (west included), OHT, various areas on the map, and many instances. It doesn't necessarily depend on the amount of action on screen either.

A look at system performance shows PW using ~30-50% of the core it is on, and only 18% of the GPU. Using a mere 18% seems to suggest a bottleneck elsewhere, but I'm unsure what it could be (or if its simply a coding issue in the game, and it can't handle some stuff.) If you need any additional info, just ask and I can provide it.
Post edited by Alerean - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hi there, the whenever the GM comes along with his copy pasted response, he's gonna ask you for a dxdiag report. soooo...

Start/search -> type dxdiag w/o quotes and press enter.
    let the tool run then click the button to "save all information". youll get a .txt file from doing this. copy over the report to a site like www.pastebin.com. then provide a linky to it so some research can be done.

personally though seeing as how you say its graphical lag and not necessarily high ping, it sounds like a graphics processor issue. you may need to upgrade your card to get more juices flowing (or turn some details down if you are running at anything above "all off")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Why is it that hardy anyone posts any kind of system specs when they ask these questions?
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    dxdiag - http://pastebin.com/MPSJaXZL
    personally though seeing as how you say its graphical lag and not necessarily high ping, it sounds like a graphics processor issue. you may need to upgrade your card to get more juices flowing (or turn some details down if you are running at anything above "all off")
    Normally that is the case, but it seems odd that it would be a GPU bound issue when the game is only utilizing 18% of the GPU. All settings are in fact on high right now though, however higher settings should in theory just utilize more of the GPU?
    Why is it that hardy anyone posts any kind of system specs when they ask these questions?

b:surrender I completely thought I posted a link to the machine specs. My apologies that I did not. http://www.evga.com/ModsRigs/detail.aspx?BuildID=23949
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to write this one out just for Baalbak.. ^_~

@Alerean

Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Ticket was sent in, and I'll update here further if any progress is made, however I'm still interested to see if anyone in the community has had any similar issues or any thoughts/solutions on the matter.