If you are a fist barb, would you go sage or demon?

Options
Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
I'm tired and heading to bed but I want something to read in the morning so I'll throw this out there now and post my opinion later.

If you were to make a "bm" build for your barb and equip fists, something like this
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8e3bb3b2c3911dc7 (end game, but accomplishable) wearing Deicides,...

...Would you rather go demon or sage? I'm mostly talking pve, but pvp also.

Knee jerk reaction is go for demon for the 25% increased attack speed, but if you go for hybrid tt99 (LA and HA) you'll have .4 aps base anyways and demon spark would take 3 seconds and only give you 1 more aps, whereas sage would give you 12 seconds damage reduction, followed by sparking again for more invincibility.

Also, sage would have some skill benefits.

-Sage skill for more chi.
-Titans buff for increased party damage (rarely does a barb constistantly use the demon crit rate increase)
-Penetrate Armor (yes, a quick switch to axes) for defense reduction since the demon skill only reduces chi cost and at that aps chi is no longer a problem.

I argued for sage a bit because I think most peope will argue for demon. Lets see what you come up with b:bye
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Demon. Lose the fail ornaments, get decent ones. Get 3.33 base & continue being 5.

& PVP wise demon skills seem much better to me... However I don't really pk so just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Demon. Lose the fail ornaments, get decent ones. Get 3.33 base & continue being 5.

& PVP wise demon skills seem much better to me... However I don't really pk so just my opinion.

Fail post is fail coming from a "added fire arrow... AKA range weapon only damage with fists"

Does not matter if you are sage / demon as long as you have a credit card to cash shop for fist barb. You have to have -int to balance out the fail build/weapon choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Here is my build, I went demon.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f532b5eab16bf37d

Just to give you some ideas.

I would say if you plan to use claws though I would go demon otherwise just stick to axes.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Demon is the cheap way, Sage if you can take out like 400+ mill....blah. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yulk is back!

I'd suggest demon, but I provide no scientific evidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He's back and ruining threads with his presence, and as usual, I have no idea what he's talking about. I assumed that after months away from forums he'd come back and be higher than 49. Anyway, lets continue on yulkless...

Not that I would ever suggest anyone do this b:chuckle
    ... but glitched in fists in sage tiger form would be pretty epic. Be a "fist bm" with 120% more def and and 40% more hp. Unfortunately if you were to glitch on fists (again, not recommending it) I'd say demon would win that because you'd get tiger form increases without damage reduction.

Demon also wins with the skill Devour~>human form with fists because you'd be able to reduce pdef by 50% for 15 seconds. In the time it takes to change from tiger to human and equip your fists (1 sec, maybe) that means you can debuff your own mobs for 14 seconds of play time.

Demon Sunder = Sage Sunder because of the number of crits you could fit in 5 seconds with fists, whereas a slightly more squishy fist barb would benefit alot from the increased hp recovery.

Speaking of lower vitality. Demon roar is super sexy, but sage roar would help make up for your squishiness. Again, I'd put them at equal usefulness but I think sage would help balance out the build more.

Feral Regen. Have to give it to the demons. If you are using fists, then you will be using less skills and less mp but be squishier, so the hp regen will do you alot more good.

Beastial Onslaught. Kind of pointless to have that extra accuracy boost when you have 150+ dex statted, but with fists +35% crit rate for 6 seconds after a switch from axe to fists (about 5 seconds at 5.0 = 25 hits). Demon ftw.

Same thing with Mighty Swing. Demon is better because who cares about shorter cooldown. The 4 second stun will be more useful with a higher damage output.

K, here is my overall opinion. Barbs go fists because if you can't tank in a squad you may as well contribute with DD, and you may end up tanking with your DD. The problem is you ruin the point of a barb by becoming squishy in exchange for that DD. Demon continues you on the road of awesome DD, Sage balances you out saying "you've got enough DD, here's some damage reduction skills that'll keep you alive longer." So the choice is to keep up with the trend of insane DD or to un-nerf your nerfed build but not increase your damage output as much.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Just want to note that Fist/Claw Barbs are an end-game thing. I've been seeing fist barbs as early as lvl 85 with FF fists. -.-

If you are a Barb interested in claw/fist build, research -int gears and how they work, and have loads of money to back it up. -Int build is purely a lvl 99+ build for the most part for Barbs.

Just sayin.... >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Just want to note that Fist/Claw Barbs are an end-game thing. I've been seeing fist barbs as early as lvl 85 with FF fists. -.-

If you are a Barb interested in claw/fist build, research -int gears and how they work, and have loads of money to back it up. -Int build is purely a lvl 99+ build for the most part for Barbs.

Just sayin.... >.<

Actually If you get lunar cape + 90 braces + tome + deicide, you might as well start at 95 or before. But most don't have $ for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traik - Raging Tide
    Traik - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fail post is fail coming from a "added fire arrow... AKA range weapon only damage with fists"

Does not matter if you are sage / demon as long as you have a credit card to cash shop for fist barb. You have to have -int to balance out the fail build/weapon choice.

i lol'd at this. When i hit 100 and started farming nirvana's i farmed my 99 gear, restatted to fists, hit 3.33 sparked in 2 weeks without cash shopping at all. It's possible if you aren't impatient
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i lol'd at this. When i hit 100 and started farming nirvana's i farmed my 99 gear, restatted to fists, hit 3.33 sparked in 2 weeks without cash shopping at all. It's possible if you aren't impatient

And be a freak who plays 24/7 pwi thanks for your words b:bye
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    as mention by yourself

Sage is the more expensive road, you can overrall stronger if you can get everything you need. by then you are running on 4aps unspark, you will end up sparking as well to get damage bonus and damage reduction. being able to spark in RB is nice to have as well..

Demon are VERY cheap alternatives to 5aps. you do 3.33 u get your 5aps and maintain it by constantly sparking..

Even with a credit card, you have to be a crazy perfectionist with tons of time and money to be wanting to go sage and try to get 4aps.

my humble 2 cent
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100