Reflect on Phoenix?

Options
khailen
khailen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
I picked up a Reflect Pet Skill book really cheap the other day and i've been wondering whether it would be a good or bad idea to replace Pounce on my nyx with Reflect?

I was also wondering if hypothetically speaking putting Strong and/or Protect on a kowlin would make it a less squishy lure pet?

Post edited by khailen on

Comments

• Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Don't known about Reflect on Phoenix but for putting Strong/Protect on Kowlin uhm seems a bit wasted to me,I mean,putting such valuable skills just for pulling ....I would consider putting em on a Eldergoth(Which is considered the best puller),I heard once that on ranged mode with the the Herc skills he can tank some World Bosses
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    These are some pretty costly experiments.

1. No to the herc skills on a Kowlin -- insane waste of money. It's easy enough to lure already.
    2. No to reflect on a nix unless you put strong it, only if you plan on it tanking [?] bosses on the world map or chronoworld map.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Agreed. Putting strong and protect on a kowlin is a waste. Im not even sure if i'd put it on a eldergoth either. In fact, with some WB's it isnt needed. Like soul hunter, an eldergoth can tank him on ranged mode without herc buffs, cause all he does is stun and itterupt, basically. It's probably the same way with shadow doll too. For other WBs I cant say much. However there are some WB's were I wont even pull out my herc or an eldergoth at, simple because the aoe is too much for it to handle. Instead, I use my eden catopod to DD with. 20 meter range, helps with aoes. But anyways, that aside, probably the only skill id replace pounce with on a nix is strong, so it could tank outside bosses.

Edit: Janus, not sure if i read this right, but im thinking you made a typo..... Doesnt nix already have bless on it? Unless you were talking about putting bless on an eldergoth...
    >.<
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oops, was a typo -- still a bit drunk. D:

Corrected.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd put reflect on my plumpfish hehe
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Probably why you got reflect so cheap. It's useless on anything other than a herc/herc-golem.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    NEVER change skills on nix or take away buffs or stun , XD u can use refect on other pets, atm its not waste cuz its made 2 use on pets LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love pounce on my nix. The attack speed increase is nice, and the stun also comes in handy every now and then. I wouldn't put reflect on because I don't tank enough bosses with the bird, and mobs die too quickly for it to matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Don't known about Reflect on Phoenix but for putting Strong/Protect on Kowlin uhm seems a bit wasted to me,I mean,putting such valuable skills just for pulling ....I would consider putting em on a Eldergoth(Which is considered the best puller),I heard once that on ranged mode with the the Herc skills he can tank some World Bosses

You might of read it as a fail come back, but I don't think it's true. Last time I tanked one with EM, it's HP wasn't even dropping 25% per hit and that was some levels ago. Even though I have the Reflect, and Strong skill on my Plumpfish, I don't believe that any pet can make good Reflect use of it outside of a Herc, and it'd be a trade off for a Nix.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you don't have a Hurc I'd say put it on your tanking pet. (Glacial Walker/a Magmite). If you do have a Hurc, I'd say sell it at a normal price- since you got it cheap you'll be able to make several million in profit. :P
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The only pet I can think of that I would put Reflect on would be a Shaodu Cub. Replace Flesh Ream with Bash, replace Tough with Reflect (For PVE). For PVP, just replace Tough with Reflect. I've got a level 75 Shaodu Cub I use as my main pet... I'd love to put Reflect on him. :(

Other than that... I can't think of any suggestions...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Reflect on phoenix? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Tons of reasons why it shouldn't be:
    -It's useless
    -It's useless
    -It's useless
    -And for the love of god, who melee fights a nix anyways? You have to be crazy >_>. Pay attention in tw's, who keeps nuking your nix all the time?
    Wizards, venos, archers, even clerics sometimes >_> psychics etc etc. You won't see a melee class following your nix around, so just sell that reflect and make more money instead of wasting it on a pet that doesn't need it.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye