Venos - Air Pet - Non $

Options
oeoeo
oeoeo Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
Hi everyone ,
im 90lvl + and i would like to have a fly pet...

But i dont know what should i chose best and worth leveling it.

i would buy a phoenix but with the new classes and future ill just sent my cash to trash.

So...i was wondering just to experience with a non cash shop pet this time.

Also fly pets i will not using it so much so doesnt really matter to me if i dont have a phoenix.

i dont TW and i dont using it so much .

The only thing i need is a nice pet almost like phoenix.

And what skills should i learn to make it better or more like nyx.

due to search i did found this pets :
Name         	        [B]HP[/B]    [B]Atk[/B]    [B]P.def [/B] [B]M.def [/B]  [B]Acc. [/B]   [B]Dodge[/B]   [B]Atk/s [/B]  [B]m/s [/B]	
[B]Blazing Phoenix [/B]       3821   4922   9952   11942   2887    1698     1.0    11.0 	
[B]Petite Sawfly[/B] 	       2529   3966   6588   6588    2192    1349     0.6    8.9 	
[B]Goldenwing Emperor[/B]     2479   3554   6455   7100    2149    1432     0.6    9.3 	
[B]Windwalking Piggy [/B]     3464   2235   9018   8374    1484    989      0.8    8.8

From this table...

I would chose the Petite Sawfly because of the attack.

But maybe the windwalking piggy is better due to attack rate 0.8 + deffences.

Really im so confused kinda.

Please help me make a right decissision and not level a pet doesnt worth it :(

Also when i chose one of this...what skills should i learn ?

Im sure it will be a veno out there with one of this and not nyx to help me b:surrender

Thanks everyone who readed my post.

and

Thanks in advantage for any answer.

b:bye
Post edited by oeoeo on

Comments

• IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well I got my nix when they were really cheap, if you want a non-legendary pet I'd say that the Petite Sawfly is the best air DD after the phoenix, there's also the cloud skatefish or so I heard (but i'd stick with sawfly) and for a good air tank you have the windwalking piggy. It's up to you whether you want a good DD or a Tank, but these are the most known air pets I guess.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • oeoeo
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thanks IzzyLilBunny for you reply b:pleased

Could please anyone tell us any info about the : Cloud Skatefish ?

Or what skills should i learn to Petite Sawfly ?

please b:thanks
  • NuttyVeno - Dreamweaver
    NuttyVeno - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    From my personal experience a Wind Walking Piggy is a life saver. Despite its low attack its defenses and health are its saving grace. I always have problems judging distance in the air. So if I accidently aggro a extra mob or two on my Piggy while questing. It can handle it do to its ability to slug it out in prolonged fights. I have had a Cloud Skatefish before for a DD pet its a nice pet. But if it gets jumped by another mobs while killing another mob. It can get a bit hairy with its lower health and defenses. But this is only advice pick a pet that suits your playing style and you will have fun with while questing or grinding.
  • oeoeo
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you for your experience, NuttyVeno b:thanks
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No prob. About the skatefish, I suggest you get the sawfly instead, if you're looking for a good DD :p. I forgot if the sawfly comes with Bash or not, but if it does then you should keep bash, i'd rather just try any skills I can get until I find a good one, but of course no one has the money to test them all ._. So if you're lucky enough, pounce is an awesome skill (stuns and increases pet's atk rate) but its rare aswell, so good luck if you'll try to find it (although I know the ground pet "shadou cub" comes with pounce)

If you want to PK at all then you should get flesh ream on it (of course lol). I also think flesh ream is good for holding aggro, so if you want an air tank I think you could get bash and flesh ream on it, might wanna test that and see how well it works. You could get your pet the magic defense reduction skill (there's also a phys defense reduction one but you have ironwood scarab for that, while for the magic defense one you don't have any skill you could use, well, maybe myriad rainbow but its a low chance)

So what I think you could do is:
    For a DD, get many attack skills and debuffs (bash is a must, or close to a must :p)

For a Tank, get aggro skills (and dont forget bash, good too), roar, and tough for defense, then you have one more skill slot for whatever you wish (id get another aggro ish skill but thats just me).
  • oeoeo
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i got a sawfly lvl 77 .

and im going to keep this skills .

Bash

Flesh ream

magical reduction

but im thinking for the 4th skill ...should i keep that toxic it has from begin ?

thanks for replys.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hm I have no idea how good toxic is.. so you'll have to see if anyone else knows x.x
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Toxic's as good as any other elemental bash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I didn't like Toxic. I tend to pull it off and put Bash on instead... But that is just me.

I'd rather have Pounce than Toxic, but it's now nearly impossible to get Pounce scrolls. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Toxic, Sandblow, Icicle, etc. = Elemental Versions of Bash
    Bash = Physical Version (duh) b:laugh

In my opinion and from personal experience, bash is much better compared to its elemental counterparts just because certain monsters resist the elemental bash (i.e. Wood mob and Toxic). But it does work well with the weaknesses (Toxic on an Earth Element mob).

On Topic: Cloud Skatefish is a little weaker than the Petite Sawfly to the point it's barely noticeable. You can get the Petite Sawfly at lv. 8 and the Skatefish by lv. 22.

For the looks, I'd get the Skatefish because it looks really pretty but in terms of raw damage, I'd choose the Petite Sawfly. But both are strong choices. The only thing that the Skatefish has going is that it begins with 2 elemental bashes (Fireball and Thunderbolt) and comes with Slow which is good for kiting mobs in the air in case it's dying.

I owned both pets and preferred the Skatefish because it's just prettier and I didn't need to upgrade its skills a lot (until I got the nix).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sawfly w Bleed Claw Pdefbuff Mdeff buff :D

It wil cost not as much as nix, but u wil get a better def fly pet. and well atk is not big diff either.

mdef cost 15m or get em free by doing Dragonteple, (those rare buff drop in boxes near that BIg boss, It use 2 drop there more then other places)
    pdef same 15m
    Claw 10m if ur lucky 5m XD

But there is prob it can take long time 2 get books cuz u have 2 look much in catshops , AH or use tele 2 even find some1 who sell. 2day i saw a pdef scroll in catshop :D

Total price = 40m

nix cost 70m on this server LOl even more now 8k each = 80m.

and u wil get pet at 9x w

Hp - don't rember but around 2k
    pdef/mdef = 15k
    patk 4,2k

Yeah u get good def pet and peps wil not be able 2 kill it easy, lvl 100 nix or 102 have mdef 10k or was it 11k def XD and 8k pdef i think don't remeber.

i have tried out sawfly w that skils on privat server, <.< it don't even lose hp on lvl 97 mobs at lvl 9x XD so yeah u don't always need good hp pet, 2 have a good tank pet :D

well his look is not the best but, its good cuz then ppl dk if it worth atk >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Cheski - Sanctuary
    Cheski - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love my piggy. Mostly because I have a habit of sending her into the middle of a !@#$ load of aggro mobs and the extra def. helps. I didn't change any of the skills as for the same reason they are the most helpful.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sawfly w Bleed Claw Pdefbuff Mdeff buff :D

It wil cost not as much as nix, but u wil get a better def fly pet. and well atk is not big diff either.

mdef cost 15m or get em free by doing Dragonteple, (those rare buff drop in boxes near that BIg boss, It use 2 drop there more then other places)
    pdef same 15m
    Claw 10m if ur lucky 5m XD

But there is prob it can take long time 2 get books cuz u have 2 look much in catshops , AH or use tele 2 even find some1 who sell. 2day i saw a pdef scroll in catshop :D

Total price = 40m

nix cost 70m on this server LOl even more now 8k each = 80m.

and u wil get pet at 9x w

Hp - don't rember but around 2k
    pdef/mdef = 15k
    patk 4,2k

Yeah u get good def pet and peps wil not be able 2 kill it easy, lvl 100 nix or 102 have mdef 10k or was it 11k def XD and 8k pdef i think don't remeber.

i have tried out sawfly w that skils on privat server, <.< it don't even lose hp on lvl 97 mobs at lvl 9x XD so yeah u don't always need good hp pet, 2 have a good tank pet :D

well his look is not the best but, its good cuz then ppl dk if it worth atk >:D

Any air pet can do perfectly fine with mobs 10+ their level. My Windwalking Piggy does fine at 78 with 10x mobs in heaven. As long as you know when to heal, you'll be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oeoeo
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you all very much for all this great stuff.

And now i can say my experience with Petite Sawfly.

Till now is lvl 78 > me lvl 92.
    Im killing mobs high lvl than even my.

Skills :
    1. Bash : lvl : 4
    2. Flesh Ream : lvl : 4
    3. Toxic : lvl : 1
    4. Howl : lvl : 4

I so wanna see how it will be at my level...and to be honest...havent understand the templar of the dragons instance , but im gonna read a guide their must be a guide inside this forum.
    Then if its really able to get that great books in there ill do my best to see that pet with that skills.

So till now...

its a great KILLER !!!

P.S its a damn killer at 78lvl and im in instance that enters 95lvl players...dont say 100....

Im not joking im like b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

Really i liked very much the Sawfly.

And i hope soon make 1 pvp just for experience.

b:victory
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah pig is good air tank, but his dg just sux *** <.< if u like slow killing that pet had been usefull :D

lol sawfly is the only pet i use , grind,pking XD sad can't hvae it in fc and tt QQQQQQQQQQQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah pig is good air tank, but his dg just sux *** <.< if u like slow killing that pet had been usefull :D

lol sawfly is the only pet i use , grind,pking XD sad can't hvae it in fc and tt QQQQQQQQQQQ

lvl his Bash to 5 and it wont be THAT terrible. Also pig can tank things that sawfly cant

Also , putting legendary skills in sawfly (with the exception of Claw) is just a waste of time and money , better use the cash for ur gear or those skills for a tank pet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • DG_Cloe - Lost City
    DG_Cloe - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well ive only been using my Foxwing. I might not know so much bout other fly pets but i like to think it does pree good. I'd choose Foxwing over any other fly any day. ^^
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lvl his Bash to 5 and it wont be THAT terrible. Also pig can tank things that sawfly cant

Also , putting legendary skills in sawfly (with the exception of Claw) is just a waste of time and money , better use the cash for ur gear or those skills for a tank pet

Well its not waste :o those skills can be get free and if u get bless in DT u have 60m+ <.< its that waste? 2hr Dt every week and may get 60m for it XD.

if u don't use fly pets much its waste 2 get 1 XD but for those who use fly pet as main- like i do need "PRO stuff". XD

I used foxwing at 3x aswell. I didn't got my sawfly before lvl 8x xD i used pets near my lvl then.

For quests - pets near ur lvl

For main: u must get pet w goood build XD . lower lvl better build^^

k here what i have learn from those fly pets i have used:

Foxwing - howl
    * same build
    * good def - magdeff
    *low atk - come w good skils anyway XD
    *low hp
    *die quick if u don't heal each 3th atk <.<
    'good speed

Buterflies( not sure how 2 spell it) tame at 8x
    * good magdef
    *low pdef
    *low hp
    *low atk
    *come w horrible skils <.<
    *slow
    * dies MUCH

Well most fly water pet sux <.< i had big prob w fly pets at lower lvl, but after i start lvl 1 main fly pet and get up his lvl and learn it skils, thing got alot better XD

Something all fly pets have : LOW HP, LOW DEF! <.< -

well u see Im DD veno- HATE tank pets atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I used a sawfly from levels 20-65, when I got my own nix. It was a really good pet, and I still have it somewhere. I put bash/flesh ream on it (can't remember if it came with it or not..) Anyway I found Nix > Sawfly > Windwalking Piggy in terms of damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |