Back from year long absence

Options
Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
So i played since nov 08(this forum acc join date is just that,forum join ;) )I always played for free,got herc and nix and heavy build restat tt armour and weps 4 soc all that ****,then it went downhill with introduction of their anni packs and other packs,gold prices becoming unstable,prices on merchantable items becoming hard to predict and a lot more risky to invest in etc etc

I was never social in this game,had a couple buddies to do instances with but nothing else,no TW factions(lets face it most of them were elitist a holes anyhoo)

Now i'm thinking of playing again,and i've been reading through lots of topics on changes but its a garbled mess of tidbits of information here and there and lots of flames,what i need is a good post by a knowledgeable person who has played through most of the changes,and can give a good list on everything thats happened since november 09 lol

Ofcourse,this time around i'm not against the idea of throwing a large amount of money into the game if and only if a lot more content has been added for the more solo type of player to enjoy in the game,and the best weapons and gears are gainable with your wallet and some free time.

But if the economies even worse and the games dieing,i'd appreciate the heads up :P

Also,what happened with eatwithspoons?I noticed someones sig quoting him saying the companies crapped on you all,but good luck with the future or something...?
Post edited by Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Get away while you still can b:avoid jk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The major (IMO) changes since November '09:

Packs disappeared at first and everyone was happy. Then they came back because of "popular demand" and haven't been removed since, only changed name and looks. And since you've experienced it, the economy hasn't settled yet, it's somewhere at 450-550k (didn't check lately, so can't give any exact numbers, and it differs between servers).

Tideborn.
    Brought on us like a tidal wave with the Rising Tide expansion. The first thing you'll notice are the Assassins, the broken class, as they're often referred to. Unable to be seen by anyone except other Assassins if they're high enough lvl, hit hard, **** robe users and even HA users if they've spent enough money.
    Psychics will probably hurt you often if you're a PvPer, since you said you're a HA-veno. But we can't stealth, so you'll see us coming to get you.b:cute

Nirvana: new instance brought by the expansion. Allowing people to "upgrade" their TT99 or Lunar gear into new armor and weapons, sometimes with really nice add-ons.

DQ prices got lowered by 20%.

PWE trying to get more people to play by using Facebook. Giving everyone and their aunt a +30 atk-lvl blessing, and the Dominance blessings were removed.

TT3-x got tweaked so no one would be able to farm it for money anymore. The only thing that happened is that people needing the gear can't get it, the farmers keep farming.

Extreme amounts of unskilled players 90+ because of Hyper stones and FC. No need to do dailies anymore because 1 FC gives more exp.

5 aps craze: Everyone being extremely focused on having squads full of people (mainly BMs using fists (yes, fists are not taboo anymore) and Assassins) hitting 5 times/second. This completely messed up PvE because their damage per second (DPS) lands at somewhere between 75-125k damage (if not moreb:shocked). And thus making caster classes unwanted for things like Nirvana.

And also, TW now gives Mirages as a reward instead of coins.
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Spoons "left PWI" around January

http://thereluctantrealist.tumblr.com/

for some reason it wont let me copy the entire thing so there is his blog look for Thanks PWI community
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The major (IMO) changes since November '09:

Packs disappeared at first and everyone was happy. Then they came back because of "popular demand" and haven't been removed since, only changed name and looks. And since you've experienced it, the economy hasn't settled yet, it's somewhere at 450-550k (didn't check lately, so can't give any exact numbers, and it differs between servers).

Tideborn.
    Brought on us like a tidal wave with the Rising Tide expansion. The first thing you'll notice are the Assassins, the broken class, as they're often referred to. Unable to be seen by anyone except other Assassins if they're high enough lvl, hit hard, **** robe users and even HA users if they've spent enough money.
    Psychics will probably hurt you often if you're a PvPer, since you said you're a HA-veno. But we can't stealth, so you'll see us coming to get you.b:cute

Nirvana: new instance brought by the expansion. Allowing people to "upgrade" their TT99 or Lunar gear into new armor and weapons, sometimes with really nice add-ons.

DQ prices got lowered by 20%.

PWE trying to get more people to play by using Facebook. Giving everyone and their aunt a +30 atk-lvl blessing, and the Dominance blessings were removed.

TT3-x got tweaked so no one would be able to farm it for money anymore. The only thing that happened is that people needing the gear can't get it, the farmers keep farming.

Extreme amounts of unskilled players 90+ because of Hyper stones and FC. No need to do dailies anymore because 1 FC gives more exp.

5 aps craze: Everyone being extremely focused on having squads full of people (mainly BMs using fists (yes, fists are not taboo anymore) and Assassins) hitting 5 times/second. This completely messed up PvE because their damage per second (DPS) lands at somewhere between 75-125k damage (if not moreb:shocked). And thus making caster classes unwanted for things like Nirvana.

And also, TW now gives Mirages as a reward instead of coins.

The tt change,so i'm guessing the price of mats have skyrocketed then?And 3-1 is no longer doable with a single or double veno team 90-95?TT was one of the few things i could do with a friend all day and make a fairly good amount out of,that being messed up would be a big no no for me :(

These blessings,i remember you got them in instances,so they are now available in all parts of the game?grinding etc?

Noticed a topic on the DQ,thats a shame i mean,the game was never really jampacked with content to keep you busy but whiling away an hour or two grinding those for money was a good way to keep busy ><

Lmao@the tw reward,i mean i never got into the TW scene and didn't like a lot of the tw goers but...thats just a crazy stupid change,a useless reward for the games main event.

I left just as tideborn was released so no experience with them yet...but you make assassin sound overpowered,thats worrying =/

I need to read up all i can on this 5aps thing,i noticed other posts about that too,doesn't sound good =/

I guess the gold pricing at around 550k isn't as bad as i thought it would go too(honestly thought it'd be around the mil mark by now lol)but i guess with packs being permanent everyone will be in uber gears...lotta catching up to do and lots of spending with it to get on that level ughh.
    Spoons "left PWI" around January

http://thereluctantrealist.tumblr.com/

for some reason it wont let me copy the entire thing so there is his blog look for Thanks PWI community

I see,always thought spoons was a stand up guy and did his best to keep us informed,sad he left.
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ok,cancelled the download again lol,i'm not gonna bash the company even though i could:o

But i don't fancy having to reroll as a bm or assassin,and venos seem to have been made obsolete along with the rest of the casters at high levels,so thanks for the posts b:bye
  • Manakel - Dreamweaver
    Manakel - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    About TT, Imaman, the biggest change was gba boss. It has turned into hulk and now you can only do this with +/- 100 ppl... Count between 1/1.3 mil per gba now.
    As for the blessings, yeah, now you constanly have +30 atk lvl everywhere.
    As for the DQ, they recently implemented a DQ point systems which kinda solves the problem and which is imo really nice. Go check more about this in the news.
    And yeah, now 5aps ppl always have their spot in every squad, to the detriment of non 5aps ppl which are at the bottom of the list of the ppl needed in squads. Sad... it basically means non cash shop ppl (and magic classes, but it's another point) can't play the game as much as 5aps ppl because of some discrimination.
    Well, not much we can do against it anyways :/
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8149449004&dateline=1294904331[/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver chars:
    Zahikel 101 Cleric, Celestial Demon
    Manakel 100 Veno, Demon (semi-retired)
    Kaeden 93 Archer, Demon
    Asthariel new Mystic :3
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ok,cancelled the download again lol,i'm not gonna bash the company even though i could:o

But i don't fancy having to reroll as a bm or assassin,and venos seem to have been made obsolete along with the rest of the casters at high levels,so thanks for the posts b:bye

Venos aren't obsolete, there aren't nearly as many 5.0 APS toons as it's made to seem, and you shouldn't have any trouble getting into a squad.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Venos aren't obsolete, there aren't nearly as many 5.0 APS toons as it's made to seem, and you shouldn't have any trouble getting into a squad.

QFT. I get Nirvana and FF A LOT. Most people still take venos everywhere. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Welcome back!

I knew I hadn't seen you around much, lol.

Hows everything goin now? ^^;
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    QFT. I get Nirvana and FF A LOT. Most people still take venos everywhere. b:pleased

FF = Frost Covered? Either way, I get whispered all day to go nirvy/FC/TT, and I still see people WC'ing for a veno for nirvy/FC/TT. Don't let this be reason you stop downloading the game. b:surrender
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes.. FF = Forgotten Frostland. =D Frost Covered is actually FB51... but all in interpretation I suppose!

And yeah, Venos still widely used especially if they rock their toons like I know you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Welcome back!

I knew I hadn't seen you around much, lol.

Hows everything goin now? ^^;

He won't be back for long. :(

But yea, I remember you in the same wave of players grinding in between Tusk Town to Wraith Swamp. Coolest bunch of people I grinded alongside with during that level segment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]