Grayhaired Man (in Lunar Glade) NPC Removed?

2»

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So, is the Grayhaired man still missing? I submitted a ticket to get a new talisman, but if the NPC is gone, there isn't much point.

I want my extra boss... b:cry

Still missing.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Still missing.

coming soon (next year) b:sweat
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Still missing.

Well that's unfortunate. However, a friend of mine got this quest recently (after the lunar revamp) and was able to complete it. He now has an item that allows him to summon an extra boss within lunar glade, and this item is apparently (according to him) reusable.
  • Demoneyesjoe - Lost City
    Demoneyesjoe - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ok, yea, i figured the guy was gone, or something when i first got there a few lvls ago, but, if what u say is true, can u have him get on these forums and let us know what is up? and if the NPC is indeed back, can the GMs please replace my talismen, or, give instructions oh now to get back?

that would be very much appreciated

again,

someone who has info on the old man please reply...b:cry

and

GMs - we need replacement talismans, or instructions
    b:angry
    edited March 2010
    Well that's unfortunate. However, a friend of mine got this quest recently (after the lunar revamp) and was able to complete it. He now has an item that allows him to summon an extra boss within lunar glade, and this item is apparently (according to him) reusable.

I doubt your friend did this after the lunar revamp. The reason is two-fold;

(1) you need to see the grey haired man. He's still MIA as far as i know.

(2) in the Lunar revamp, they specifically said they were removing the added hidden boss.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oh and I forgot this Patch Preview note:

Grey Haired Man NPC now correctly appears in Lunar Glade.

Note: This is for the upcoming patch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lunar is still bugged, bosses and maps alike.

It's completable and once you learn how to work it it's completely fine, but it's not anywhere near complete.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So yay, they are fixing the bug and the Gray-Haired Man will be back... but those of us that lost our talismans are apparently out of luck. In the patch notes discussion where people ask what to do, Frankie just says to submit a ticket... I did a long time ago and never even received a reply. I know others that have had the same problem.

Hopefully they will do something about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • PerfectStarr - Harshlands
    PerfectStarr - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Same I had submitted a ticket for my talisman back and they closed it without a reply then I have submitted another ticket and havent gotten a reply on that one either...So now I'm at 93 level still have the grayhaired man quest stuck in my find quest list with no talisman if its gonna be fixed I would like a talisman back if its not gonna be fixed remove it from the find quests...
    edited April 2010
    Same I had submitted a ticket for my talisman back and they closed it without a reply then I have submitted another ticket and havent gotten a reply on that one either...So now I'm at 93 level still have the grayhaired man quest stuck in my find quest list with no talisman if its gonna be fixed I would like a talisman back if its not gonna be fixed remove it from the find quests...

Wonder if they closed your ticket because when they sent me a talisman, removing it from the mailbox made it disappear entirely (not go to my inventory). When i submitted a new ticket, i asked them to test this occurrence (of mailing it to someone) on their test servers & then the only reply i got back was they had to send it to their development department. To me this seems like we're screwed since their development department never fixes anything.
    edited April 2010
    Bumping this thread for 2 reasons;

(1) I got online this morning, and they resolved the issue of me not being able to remove a mail with the talisman from the mailbox. I found a talisman (kinda surprisingly) placed already directly into my inventory.

(2) Before i use it, i still wouldnt mind an actual player verification that the grey-haired man is really back in Lunar.

edit: I did resubmit a ticket last night, knowing about this NPC in the patch. Gotta say either they had old tickets stockpiled & put them in inventories on-masse, or they responded really really fast to my last nights ticket. Either way, i'm happy it got resolved.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    (2) Before i use it, i still wouldnt mind an actual player verification that the grey-haired man is really back in Lunar.

He's really back, and the quest works ... at least up to a point (I haven't finished yet). There is also a new repeatable quest from the Lunar Janitor that allows you to buy a new Talisman for 10,000 coins.

When you talk to him, he summons a ghost (an NPC that just stands there and makes you wait 2 minutes until it disappears). You can then progress the quest chain a bit further until you get to:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18686

According to pwdatabase, you need to "Reach Point: 428 456 (24)." After some trial and error trying to figure out where that is in the Lunar Glade and how I would go about getting there, I gave up. After I left, I put the coordinates into the map assistant, mostly as a joke (ha ha, I wonder where this will turn out to be), and as luck would have it, it's in the middle of Arrowhead Manor, more or less in front of the Lunar NPC's like Lonely Kowski.

After that, the chain continues in a more sensible fashion. You need to speak with the Initiated Wiseman (also in the same spot next to Lonely Kowski). Eventually you'll wind up with a quest to kill two squad mode Lunar bosses.

Good luck. Hardly seems worth the 36,000 experience.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh lovely. I get to pay 10k because they messed up and then decided to ignore my two tickets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited April 2010
    Same here..I submitted 2 tickets which I didnt get nothing in return so I had to pay 10k cause the talisman replacement quest showed up today in my find quests under repeatable and u get the talisman from the janitor in the beginning of LG but it costed me 10k to get one.
    edited April 2010
    Eventually you'll wind up with a quest to kill two squad mode Lunar bosses.

Ok Im at that part right now did you go and do the two bosses and it says squad mode so does that mean you have to pay the 3M to open it or can you go in single mode with a squad? Guess this will be stuck in my quest list then..I would trash it but then I dont want the grayhaired man thing coming back dont know how far it would trash it back too...
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok Im at that part right now did you go and do the two bosses and it says squad mode so does that mean you have to pay the 3M to open it or can you go in single mode with a squad? Guess this will be stuck in my quest list then..I would trash it but then I dont want the grayhaired man thing coming back dont know how far it would trash it back too...

I haven't done it, but "Squad Mode" is the 3 million one, not "Solo Mode" with more than 1 person. Furthermore, as far as I know (again, haven't done it), you can only get one of those bosses per run, depending on choices you make along the way, so you actually need to pay 1 million total (your 500k share of 2 runs) to complete this quest.

Basically, I think it's something you'll just pick up along the way as bonus if you do a squad mode run for mats. I can't imagine anyone going out of their way to do it just for the quest. You'd be better off spending the money on Oracles or Crusade Orders.
    edited April 2010
    Wow yea so not worth it I wonder if I trash it will it go back to the beginning again in my quest list b:angry
    edited April 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    He's really back, and the quest works ... at least up to a point (I haven't finished yet). There is also a new repeatable quest from the Lunar Janitor that allows you to buy a new Talisman for 10,000 coins.

Ah nice they handled it for future accidents too. 10k isnt that bad really, especially by 75+. While its a little unfair because it was a bug on the devs side, its still not really alot, i've wasted more on a single WC that gets no response, or accidentally porting back to Archo before handing in WQ book 30 & needing to go back.
  • Mattcha - Heavens Tear
    Mattcha - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »

When you talk to him, he summons a ghost (an NPC that just stands there and makes you wait 2 minutes until it disappears). You can then progress the quest chain a bit further until you get to:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18686

According to pwdatabase, you need to "Reach Point: 428 456 (24)." After some trial and error trying to figure out where that is in the Lunar Glade and how I would go about getting there, I gave up. After I left, I put the coordinates into the map assistant, mostly as a joke (ha ha, I wonder where this will turn out to be), and as luck would have it, it's in the middle of Arrowhead Manor, more or less in front of the Lunar NPC's like Lonely Kowski.

After that, the chain continues in a more sensible fashion. You need to speak with the Initiated Wiseman (also in the same spot next to Lonely Kowski). Eventually you'll wind up with a quest to kill two squad mode Lunar bosses.

Good luck. Hardly seems worth the 36,000 experience.

i got to this part....36k xp ...wow developers need to fix existing things in pwi instead of adding new stuff. Give us working instance insted of boostin' up boutique....
  • Mahi - Harshlands
    Mahi - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok is there a way to open squad mode w/out paying the coin? Just wondered. Does not seem fair that you can't run it without paying for it.
  • Desmerelda - Lost City
    Desmerelda - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You will need to do 2 squad runs to get the bosses. One is the last boss if you take the left fork at the first boss and plow through the nasty poison mobs and the other i haven't seen in squad mode yet because it requires killing both tombstones before the first boss to get to him, which my squads haven't done yet. Its also hard to find a squad who want to go left since the wood valley is the longest and hardest according to the forums. We usually have 2 clerics if we go that way. 1 to heal and 1 to purify.
  • VedovaNera - Raging Tide
    VedovaNera - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I had message pop up around these coords 432 544. Ty all for helping out with this quest:thanksb:thanks
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I`m sure that the people needing this information will appreciate your help Vedova.
    Closing this one for necro.
This discussion has been closed.