• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good:
    - Auto-path
    - AH search fix
    - Event boutique
    - TW Changes (I really hated people talking of TW all the time... and how cocky everyone was with "who pwns the moar pplz")
    - Item linking (would be better if we could link atleast 3-4 items at once though...)
    - Tokens to Hypers (Idk why everyone put this on bad, when 90% of the server uses them...)
    - Quest Window scroll bars (wasnt able to see the complete name before :D)
    - DQ points

Bad:
    - A lot... including TT3-x changes.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Mara - Raging Tide
    Mara - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    there were actually some decent changes:
    Genies
    DQ Points
    Autopath
    Item Linking
    HP Bars
    preview fashion
    lvl100/79 skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good
    New instances
    TT changes (It actually made me want to lvl my new main just to do that)
    Item linking
    Encyclopedia
    Hyper exp stones (spirit wise)
    Adding more hotkeys to add skills (Yes, I was here before that)
    TB quest from coin
    Tideborn
    Packs
    Dragon points
    Faction slogans
    Faction icons

I am looking forward to the following removed
    Marriage quests (they ruined the demand for mirage stones)
    Bounty hunter (both 1 a day and 3 a day, killed the value of mirages as well. Thanks to BH, it is the new PVE)
    Genies (crippled the knowledge and skill level of a lot of players)
    DQ price drop
    Most Dragon point items (rep is useless, though I have a lot of rep, still useless)
    Jolly Jones blessing
    Interval / channeling
    Too much EXP from tideborn quest
    Hyper exp stone (exp wise)

Easy exp and gameplay methods deserved to be removed IMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Marriage quests (they ruined the demand for mirage stones).

I realize you are a troll, and a reasonably well-known one, but seriously?

If you're gonna make up things, at least do a bit of research.

Marriage Quest gives each participant exactly 1 mirage, per day.

That ruins your "mirage market"?

No, repeated blows to the head crippled the knowledge and skill level of a lot of players.

For the rest of the population, it's just one more tool.
    Most Dragon point items (rep is useless, though I have a lot of rep, still useless)

You might search the forums for the phrase "rank gear". Some people use it, and it requires "rep".

<the_more_you_know.jpg>

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good
    New instances
    TT changes (It actually made me want to lvl my new main just to do that)
    Item linking
    Encyclopedia
    Hyper exp stones (spirit wise)
    Adding more hotkeys to add skills (Yes, I was here before that)
    TB quest from coin
    Tideborn
    Packs
    Dragon points
    Faction slogans
    Faction icons

Marriage quests (they ruined the demand for mirage stones)
    Bounty hunter (both 1 a day and 3 a day, killed the value of mirages as well. Thanks to BH, it is the new PVE)
    DQ price drop
    Jolly Jones blessing
    Interval / channeling
    Too much EXP from tideborn quest
    Hyper exp stone (exp wise)

Easy exp and gameplay methods deserved to be removed IMHO.
    No.. you mean the change in TW ruined the demand for mirages since the TW fund in changed to mirages instead of the normal coins.

And why hate the DQ point system? It can be use for more than just rep and in encourages for more people to grind such as yourself and its probably the best thing they added in the game. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No, repeated blows to the head crippled the knowledge and skill level of a lot of players.

Well, the only thing that genies ruined is for Venos.

Since Earthflame is for some reason a luring skill, I think it ruined the main purpose of Venos and I think Earthflame shouldn't be able to lure. >_>

EDIT: sorry for double posting. :-\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No one mentioned, the ability to zoom out the camera more. D:<
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good:

Extended skill bar from Tideborn expansion.

DQ Points system.

Bad:

pretty much everything else.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good:
    auto-path
    fashion preview (because what is better than trying on someone else's cute fashion on the fly)
    DQ points... they really impressed me on this one. I can't wait to see new items.
    item linking
    HP on monsters

Bad:
    not able to auto-path to instances anymore (I'm so lazy)
    lack of level requirement on hyper stones
    TW changes stink.
    OMG THE UI PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK b:cry

Meh:
    Earthflame luring (yes it is faster but so many people don't know how to use it and case all sorts of squad wipes -.-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good:
    auto-path
    fashion preview (because what is better than trying on someone else's cute fashion on the fly)
    DQ points... they really impressed me on this one. I can't wait to see new items.
    item linking
    HP on monsters

Bad:
    not able to auto-path to instances anymore (I'm so lazy)
    lack of level requirement on hyper stones
    TW changes stink.
    OMG THE UI PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK b:cry

Meh:
    Earthflame luring (yes it is faster but so many people don't know how to use it and case all sorts of squad wipes -.-
    )

I think Earthflame shouldn't be able to lure at all because of that and because it stole the venos job. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think Earthflame shouldn't be able to lure at all because of that and because it stole the venos job. >.>

I think it just expands the luring role, it was so limiting to have to have a veno on a run just to lure something. But venos are still the best lurers and have a far superior luring range. Their role hasn't been eliminated, it's just been modified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well first off, I love the idea behind the thread. So much QQ and depressing threads on the forums, a thread made to look at the white lining in all this mess is nice to see.

I'd say I like...

DQ update- lots of potential, let's see how it pans out.
    Auto pathing- life became infinitely easier
    Bounty Hunters- made leveling for casual players like me easier. Disliked the split into 3 bhs a day though...
    Genies- have some nice uses, added another deminsion to the game. I don't believe the devs are using them to their potential though, i personally think genies could be used to fix every imbalance in the game.

Probabally more I'm forgetting, but meh.

And I won't say the negatives of the game since the release, because I don't want to taint such a posotive thread b:shutup
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    good and bad changes they made ever since i started playing, 2 years ago:

BH: cant say if good or bad, but b4 this molds were worth 5 times more than they are now. People would farm fbs for money and high lvls were the people that actually deserved to be high lvl cause they played a damn lot

Oracles... the beggining of the end. oracle sales created the first high lvl noobs.

Genies: awesome addition, though some skills unbalanced the game in some aspects - like why use a slow skill like gush or glacial ensnare when ur enemy can just holy path to ur face... But Holy path ... its godly for instances in general, like Top and AD and others cool skills. Just try and do a rb w/o a genie and ull get the feeling of us "vets" (aka old people).

Packs... no comments. to think we had like only one lunar ring in our server (if im not mistaken)b4 packs came out... no1 used a wand as weapon cause they were considered a bad overall weapon.

Moar packs - the ones that never came back, but gave away TT100 mats and stuff...

3bhs... and hyper exp. more high lvl noobs

chest of coins and perfect hammer... u know what i mean

Tideborn expansion was pretty cool... until sins reached high lvls, got their gear done and totally broke pvp. now i think Rising tide expansion is total ****.

The OHT and chrono chain quests. pretty good addition, with a nice reward

Lvl 79 skills are cool too

AH search function, Auto sort buttons, Preview fashion button, dq points system...

Nien Event - summer festival stuff. pretty cool stuff, though as always some people abused the system like a lvl 80 wiz in our server getting more points than a lvl 100 + nirvana geared wiz.

I like the jones blessing , im a wiz after all, and as a non cser it made it easier to catch up with all those 30k hp csers barbs around

And the lack of non gold related event every week, also sucks for us non csers
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Auto sort buttons

I hate these so much. So so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmm... Let's see.

Good:
    I suppose adding the past map was a good addition while making celestial sage/demon possible.
    DAT VALENTINES EVENT WITH MANY HOT STEAMY MEN IN DAT PATCH OF FLOWERS... what
    Adjustment to some barb skills were very welcomed.
    Auto-Path... To some extent.
    Genies... Also to some extent.
    Channeling bar moved a bit up.
    Skill bar made 3 slots bigger.
    Fitting room.
    WARDROBE
    Shortcut bars stay expanded upon logging back on.
    In-game client skin that came with Rising Tide was much better compared to the classic one.

I think that's all the good one's so far.

Bad:
    Them gold won't go down.
    "Anniversary Packs are back by popular demand!" Anyone remember this?
    The band that rubbers.
    Changes specifically tailored for the Chinese version... then shoved into us.
    Having the Tideborn shoved through every pore of our bodies via a blatant amount of advertisements post release.
    "That" bug I always complain about that came with the infamous 1.4.2 client.
    Auto-path noobs that can't read a map.
    Genie-dependent noobs that need a genie 24/7 or will die a horrible death if they are separated.

Uh... May add more if I remember any, but I think that's all I have to say.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I won't enjoy the new content fully until they fix the ancient bugs (ex. rubberbanding all over the game).

b:bye

Ask us again after they fix the bugs, then i will give you a better answer. Lets be serious, I have played many games from more shady developers that dont have these glitches, or they fix em. Wonder why PW is so focused on new content, and don't listen to the players themself

The situation it occurs the most, is when I autopath to a NPC, land on top of it, then try to jump off, or just jump off something almost anywhere (ex. platform center arch).

b:surrender
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

As alphae said, venos have better and safer luring, however, if anyone else wants to lure, I don't mind, I will save the hastle of rebuffing herc :P b:chuckle you can keep my veno luring job b:victory
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Auto-Path

Hands down the best addition to the game no matter what anyone says. And I am sure anyone who was around before auto-pathing will agree to this sentiment.

agreed :P
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In all honesty, I really miss auto-pathing to things in another zone...

Lately, fashions have been suck. We still haven't seen the winners from that contest in what, April?

TW has been killed, as stated before previously, leaving my 100 cleric with nothing to do except BH and randomly kill anything that gets within 15 feet of me. >.> It's rather dull once you hit 100 because they've yet to release anything more due to the lack of 100's getting PAST 100....

I do like how packs have driven down the prices of 'endgame' shards. It makes being a non-CSer on my Psychic a lot easier in some senses. But of course on the contrary, because of the DQ nerf, that makes it harder for me to bring in anything to buy said cheap shards.
    I do NOT like how packs have driven the economy into a similar story to the world IRL: basically, it's ****. We all know gold prices are higher than they have ever been in years. And you all know the rest of the story. That is the ONLY reason I ever QQ about packs.

As for Assassins, there is a reason I will continue to whine until the new Earthguard races come out. Put simply, the stealth has gotta get its throat stepped on somehow...because it's a nightmare to any robe class and most LA users. Yes, I've even seen some crappy barbs and BM's get put down by those guys. It's getting out of hand IMO.

Other notes:

Good--
    The Barb skill fixes.
    The kind-of-fix to rubber banding
    Tideborn release (I was sick of people whining about Venomancers. Now I'm sick of people whining about Assassins, to include myself. I'd love to whine about the Seekers!)
    The 79 skills (for each class. A welcome sight.)
    Jones's Blessing---

Let me explain the reasoning for this.
    There is a good and a bad to the blessings. For one, it gives non Cash Shoppers the oppertunity to hit worth a **** without having to pay out of their pockets. PWE gets some advertisement each time the blessing expires. Mobs are easier to kill, thus making loot easier to obtain, thus making the economy heal slightly faster than before the blessings were released.

On the OTHER hand, it gives a tremendous advantage to people who already hit like a truck without it. It also gives an unfair advantage to people who don't have a blessing, but you know what? It's not that hard to get one. Make a facebook. The end! If you're too lazy to do that, you deserve to be beaten up by someone 20 levels lower than you.

Bad things---
    Every little change that was made for PW-CN was forced down our throats. Thank you.
    "Tiger Packs will be here for 25% off indefinately."
    Assassins breaking the PvP. Now I'm totally paranoid both on my Psychic AND my Cleric, and constantly press the 'T' button out of panic.
    The bloody UI. I feel like I need to wear glasses that make print smaller just for the game.

Oracles-- I purposely hang around Oracle areas for the thrill of maiming oracle noobs. I drop down from the air, ask them how many oracles they have, and wait. If they say more than two or three, they get a soulburn to the face. It pisses me off that I have to tank 3 BH bosses a day (not complaining, I do love to tank,) just to make most of my levels, and they skip around the map spamming one monster type all day. H3ll no. If I see you, you're going to die.

Hyper Noobs--Hypering FC I can understand, because we all know that after 80, things get tough. (H3ll after 50 most people quit). But if I check your gear and you're a level 50 cleric hypering a bunch of mobs? You're going to get your **** hit with a Red Tide. And that bleed sh*t sticks pretty often; it's gonna hurt, and you're gonna die.

People who can't play the game--If you're asking me for money, you get soulburned. If you ask me to help you kill an easy group of mobs, you get soulburned. If you ask me how to complete a quest when you can very well just use the wiki, you get soulburned. Asking for help is one thing. Being stupid and lazy is something entirely in existance.

Those 10 year olds who-- All kidding aside, it seems like the maturity of the game has been lost. It's rather sad.

.-. And I'm going to stop ranting....I'm positive this is a huge wall of text by now.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Harshlands opening.
    I didn't like 11pm tw's on lost city b:surrender

Other then that it would be the expansion of OHT.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Best changes:
    - Auto-pathing
    - Item linking (Shift + item)
    - Bigger zooming back (Who still remembers time when you couldnt zoom camera back even half as far as now?) I think this lessened amount of accidental deaths...

p.s.
    Please remove Sort button to avoid unneeded accidents....
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what is it about the auto sort button? i like it, and if u dont like, just dont click it?

It help keeping my bank organized. previously, i had so many stuff in bank that sometimes one kind of item would be taking 2 diferent spaces and i wouldnt notice - with auto sort it just makes it easier to me.

Sooooo... maybe add a "are u sure u want to do this" pop up after u click the auto sort button wouldnt hurt too i guess so people wouldnt accidentaly do it...
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Best changes:
    - Auto-pathing

Best change.

I remember game without it.

It was so hard to fly from one point to another without use of unproper key-repeaters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think it just expands the luring role, it was so limiting to have to have a veno on a run just to lure something. But venos are still the best lurers and have a far superior luring range. Their role hasn't been eliminated, it's just been modified.

I actually use Earthflame on the wife's veno to lure bosses to her Herc - so it's buffed and ready to tank.

What crippled venos was the TT changes, and random aggro / seals they now throw that screws up solo instances...

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    (QUESTION: can I move the phoenix and hercules back and forth too? Say I made a heavy Veno on same account as my robe one - can I move the nix/herc to her using bank stash?)

Yes, but it isn't cheap... 250k to egg, and then another 20k(?) to hatch on the second veno... which must, of course, be the pet's level or higher to hatch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Honestly, I fell in love with this game pre-Age of Spirits. While there have been some really decent features implemented, it's not the game I fell in love with.

I would remove:

Multiple BH
    Hyper in Frost
    Autopathing
    TW changes
    TT changes
    gear in packs (only tokens/gems/mounts)

Also:

There should never have been "genies for everyone". Genie skills should have been attributed to sage/demon culti fairies. It would have provided good reason for people to level up, which would have been good for the community and population.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Auto-pathing.

Chrono Quests

The Goshiki Quest chain was pretty fun too.

Bad things:

TT Changes

TW Changes

Genies (I was so sad. I was like "My fairy isn't special anymore. =(" ) inb4 Yulk

FC Changes. I was in the process of farming it when they made all of my progress worthless.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i totally forgot about the account stash that was awesome!!!
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Like:
    Public quest i get lots of un on that until if was good and people go to it, now is hard find people there :/
    Numbers in hp bars of mobs
    Tide/treasure quest
    AH search function
    Auto sort buttons
    Item linking (Shift + item)
    DQ points
    Event boutique
    Nien atack pls we need this back b:thanks
    hypers for tokens
    The diary quest for get that nice rings (dont remeber the name)
    Faction icons
    Encyclopedia

Dislike
    Not able to auto-path to instances anymore
    TW changes
    3 bh for day
    Jolly Jones blessing this make pvp very unbalance with need a +30% def or better change to 15% atack and 15% def

Asesins, before they no other raze can't one or two shot shot a cleric in the same level b:surrender so i vote for remove them b:laugh

I think put packs but i get tokens cheap and use they for get a lot of good stuffs so is like 50/50...like/dislike. dislike packs but love cheap tokens b:chuckle

Hate with all myself
    Rubberbanding jump in game have become the most dangerous think.
    System Messaging!!!
    TT nerfed!!!!
    The new UI hurt the eyes
    With all changes that this game had, and magic shield buff still having the stupid bug that make it didn't reset on rebuff and he wear off just went you more need it >.>
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I realize you are a troll, and a reasonably well-known one, but seriously?

If you're gonna make up things, at least do a bit of research.

Marriage Quest gives each participant exactly 1 mirage, per day.

That ruins your "mirage market"?

You might search the forums for the phrase "rank gear". Some people use it, and it requires "rep".

<the_more_you_know.jpg>

RedMenace

Ok, maybe not... Scratch that b:laugh
    No.. you mean the change in TW ruined the demand for mirages since the TW fund in changed to mirages instead of the normal coins.

And why hate the DQ point system? It can be use for more than just rep and in encourages for more people to grind such as yourself and its probably the best thing they added in the game. xD

I agree with the first, better off coins that mirages for TW, I remembered the time when mirage stones were 30k each, now it got down to 15k each, sad to be honest.

I do not hate the DQ point system, I just don't like how it is not trade-able, most of the items have no use to me except for the chips. Perfect stones could have been a + if it was trade-able, I don't even use perfect stones...
    Well, the only thing that genies ruined is for Venos.

Since Earthflame is for some reason a luring skill, I think it ruined the main purpose of Venos and I think Earthflame shouldn't be able to lure. >_>

EDIT: sorry for double posting. :-\

Genies ruined the gameplay, venoes can solo more than anything they want if they play right with the earthquake skill. So that only does like hurt only 1 ability from the veno. How about AD vs. wiz with essential sutra? relentles courage? / wind shield? Barbs are getting less needed. immobilize from genie also ruined archer's aim low?

Things got altered from genies. I got a discipline genie with wind force, holy path, solid shield and TOP on my barb and saw how OP it was, I almost never needed heals. Infact, I solo too easy with this discipline. I don't want this removed yet though... I want money out of them since genies are high in demand b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye