Resolution cuts off map

Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide
Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Support Desk
I bought a new monitor and the resolution doesn't work for perfect world.
Basically if I select widescreen it does not work for 1024x768. The top and bottom are cute off for 1024x768 widescreen. If you take widescreen off then this resolution works perfectly...

This is not the issue but it might give you some insight into what the problem is. The problem is when I select a true widescreen display, 1920 x 1080 then the top and bottom of the map are cut off whether I click widescreen or not. Basically this game has no wide screen support. Why is there a widescreen button at all if it doesn't support widescreen?

Does anyone know how to fix this. I am not playing Perfect world on 1024x768 ti simply isn't worth it.
Post edited by Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Have you tried using windowed mode? Or is that something that you wouldn't do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I bought a new monitor too...full HD 1920x1080.
    The game looks great...the problem is th Map....like you say..its cut up and down in this resolutions.
    The true problem is to teleport....I cant tele to tide region...to do this I need to down the resolution to 1440x900 like my old monitor.b:cry
    Hope they fix this issue.

See this ss..I cant reach tide zone via tele :P

[IMG][/img]20101115123655.jpg
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sry im put too bad the screen up there.

[IMG][/img]20101115123655.th.jpg
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • rgrwng
    rgrwng Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    that is a strange issue. as a newly registered user, i was worried about wide-screen support.

i wonder how it will look at Eyefinity resolutions, then. I am currently set @ 6048x1080p.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Unfortunately, the teleport and game world maps are only fully viewable in a 4:3 aspect ratio, not a 16:9. This has been a long known issue since the original game was released many years ago.

To work around this issue, you can run the game in windowed mode in a more square shaped resolution so that you can see the map. Not a pretty solution, but the only solution that allows you to see the full map.

b:surrender
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lainnie - Raging Tide
    Lainnie - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I had to turn off the widescreen option on graphic settings to fix that issue since it does cut off some of the display in game.