Heads in FC

Options
tidenut
tidenut Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Venomancer
I have recently started doing FC runs and have run into a minor problem. I can't kill the heads in FC. If I try to cast on them they disappear before i actually cast and if i send my pet in they disappear unless they are very close to me. Last FC my squad killed less than half of the heads. I have a herc but should i use a faster pet or what? Pure magic build veno. Thanks for any replies.
Post edited by tidenut on

Comments

• Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Heya there tidenut,

Personally I use my kowlin, meaning a fst pet. Cause he can already have killed 2 heads while im still casting to get the first. You can also use a ranged pet like eldergoroth marskmen f.e.

I never tried out using a bow myself at the heads but i see many barbs/bm's and so on using one. heared that there are type of bows that all classes can use and you can buy them at the starter city's like City of Lost.

Just make sure your party is spreaded out across the place abit so that none has to actually run to a mob.

Goodluck at your next fc runs b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fox Form for the Acc, Ranged Pet for the ones farther away. You can hit 2 at a time. Seeing another veno using a Kowlin would bother me there. Eldergoth Marksman / Archer til you can get a cactopod from Eden. You could also get your -ch way high and do AoE instead of melee, or use a Bow to cover more range.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If she pure mgk she can't use a bow.

I Think you should be able to cast fast enough to kill 1 head at least. & More if you AOE the ones that are close together. Instead of manual selection I often Tab select.
    Eldergoth Marksman / Archer til you can get a cactopod from Eden\
    & these pets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Pure mag would just need a +dex item like Archangel's Boots.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmm bamboo bow requires 5 dex. Also, earthquake genie skill and ranged pet can help a lot.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    X-Mas is coming so you can save that slingshot for snowballs if the event back again this year.

Also try to manufacture a low level bow Grade 1 that just need like 5 dex points easy to get from ornaments/tome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You can't manufacture this bow. First bow you can make is one that requires 14 dex. But you can buy bamboo bow which requires 5 dex.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Seeing another veno using a Kowlin would bother me there.
    b:victory Kowlins rock.
  • tidenut
    tidenut Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ty for replies. Think i'll try ninetailed fox next time. If that doesn't work I'll look for a bow.b:victory
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bow or fast pet.

No casting. Too slow, even with high -channel.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bow or fast pet.

No casting. Too slow, even with high -channel.

um...my channeling is only -27% and I have no problem hitting the heads with lucky, ironwood or even venomous. Of course, I only hit one head before they disappear, but it is possible with spells. And if a bunch pop up near me I use bramble rage genie skill. (unless you mean that casting is just less effective than a bow/pet, as opposed to ineffective, then I agree)

I keep meaning to grab a bow, but keep forgetting. As I'm sure with a bow and ranged pet, and tab targeting, one could kill 2 heads each time they appear (maybe more?). Someone who uses that method regularly can speak to its effectiveness.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    - Celestial Sting or Ethereal Inamorato for ranged (next to me)
    - In fox form for single heads up close melee attacks [being HA far less chance to miss] (can also hit some other target with Sting/Inamorato at the same time)
    - Have quake for multiple targets up close (can also hit some other target with Sting/Inamorato at the same time)

That's how I did it, and always did very well.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ranged pet (I use the 89 cactus), decent channelling or a bow, and genie skills. If you have decent accuracy, the bow works wonders. If not, I find casting more efficient. Fox form works for some, but I can never manage to position myself to where it gives more kills than casting.
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If she pure mgk she can't use a bow.

you only need a lvl 1 bow which any person can use dont need to have dex added to use that and one hits heads
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As stated by those above me: get a cactus.

It is one of the most useful pets you can ever get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    For a pure magic build using a bow is meh since you'd have to use a lvl 6 bow which usually takes two shots to kill the heads. It's doable but not the best choice, I've tried it. Casting is more reliable.

Like others have mentioned, use a ranged pet. The Cactus type pets have longer range but they don't grunt or throw boulders like the Eldergoths do b:pleased
    Just turn off your pet's agro skill and let it do it's default ranged attack, that's your best bet for getting head s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heavenberry - Dreamweaver
    Heavenberry - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The best way to hit the heads is a ranged pet Eldergoth/Cactopod(from Eden). + Fox form.
    You just send the pet via normal ranged attack on a farther away mob + normal attack on a close head = 2 heads done. (-.-') Also, 'tab' is quite useful there.

Kowlins have to be sent while the head is spawning, where you can set your cactopod on hold in the middle of the heads, so it doesn't have to dash every time. That's why I don't prefer the lollin.

Ah, that's right, bramble rage on 3+ heads near eachother is a must too. (^3^)
    Achievment unlocked: Lagg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I know why you cry, but it is something I can never do.
  • shinehe
    shinehe Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hi!!! look i have a problem... im from mexico, and i buy one paysafe card to get zen to buy gold. the problem is when i try to get the pin of the card its said that the page wasnt ready to acept cards buyed from mexico u.u i dont know what to do....PLZ PERFECT!!! ACEPT MEXICOS CARDS!!! I WANT MY GOLD xD thnx n.n
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I recommend a bow: I used one all the way up until now in squads, and I can hit up to 2 heads per spawned set. By their very nature, veno's fastest spammable skills won't be able to hit more than 1 head per set...if even that many.

Heads stay alive for 2 seconds. Have a look at your skills' channel and cast times. Additionally, a useful thing to do so that you make yourself seem more useful to the squad is to take hands at EXP room boss. Especially at 90+ FC.

The sins and BM are going to be hurr durr APSing on the boss, and it'll die fast anyway, so offering to do heads makes you seem really thoughtful (lol). Send in herc to DD on boss and do heads...win win situation, and you make more barb and cleric friends.

^ pr0 shet b:chuckle
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • tfi3f
    edited August 2011
    Options
    shinehe wrote: »
    hi!!! look i have a problem... im from mexico, and i buy one paysafe card to get zen to buy gold. the problem is when i try to get the pin of the card its said that the page wasnt ready to acept cards buyed from mexico u.u i dont know what to do....PLZ PERFECT!!! ACEPT MEXICOS CARDS!!! I WANT MY GOLD xD thnx n.n

Lol, didn't I see you trolling on Harshlands forums with this same post? xD

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tfi3f wrote: »
    Lol, didn't I see you trolling on Harshlands forums with this same post? xD

No1 noticed the damn 1 year necro !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • tfi3f
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I didn't >.> b:avoid

Sorry lol b:chuckle

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.