Sad lack of Archo pride!

Options
Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Etherblade (West)
It's been pointed out that our server is a lot smaller than most the others. It has fewer people on it. I think it has a nice, relaxed atmosphere. But, I'm not one of those people who are trying to run some high level instance everyday.

I have a suggestion to those of you who QQ about Archo being a "dead" server. If you trash talk Archo, no one will want to come over here. If you can't stand it here, go back to another server.

If you want to get more people for Nirvana or PK or whatever, talk up how this is a good server to be on. Try upselling it's good points. If you tell them it's a boring ghost-town, they won't come here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darth_Puggy - Archosaur on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you tell them it's a boring ghost-town, they won't come here.

But it is a boring ghost town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I like archo, small tight community, everyone in some way knows everyone. and Its still growing. The newbie yards are quite active with none alts. (because lets face it ALTS dont hang in the newbie yards)

Most people that claim its dead are the ones that dont play the game. Most the complaints come from those that don't see enough PK, or the TWs have been bland, and they most likely got to endgame within the first 2 mos of opening.

Archo server for most part are full of people that do actually play it.
    The first wave of people racing to 100 from other servers have done came and gone. Now a second and third wave of people are moving up.
  • Kibble - Raging Tide
    Kibble - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But I all ready picked out Tomb I wanted!!

b:surrender Just need all the barbs to make it. But I cant find any b:cry
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A good barb is not hard to find if you look for em....

Good barbs run with other good people. Break past the "5aps" mythology and Fuzzy suspect you will find plenty of me barb brothers willing to help with anything you ask.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Archo server for most part are full of people that do actually play it.
    The first wave of people racing to 100 from other servers have done came and gone. Now a second and third wave of people are moving up.

Go to Lost city AH and see the diference........b:bye
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    SyGrrr - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    barb brothers

sexist

no love for the barb sisters

b:cry
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In all seriousness though, I think I do have some thoughts on the topic.

I spent a couple weeks on Raging Tide before Archosaur opened up, so I figured, "Hey, I'm new, might as well go somewhere else where everyone has to start from scratch." So that being said, I have pretty much no experience on any other server, so what I know is purely what I've heard or read here on the forums.

I think in general I've always had some pride in this server. I think our community has been strong, and we have a lot of respectable people. It's generally a pretty nice server. Every community has its asses, and Arch is no exception, but our more respectable players have outnumbered them greatly.

Until now. I read world chat because I enjoy it. My blacklist has always had a few people on it who annoyed me, but most of the conversations were fine for me. However, in the last couple weeks, the number of inane conversations and rude/cruel/bitchy people in world chat seems to have risen. Maybe it's just me.

I have a theory that as a population of an MMO grows, people feel more freedom to act like idiots publicly. There is more of a sense of anonymity for some, and a larger audience for those desperate for attention. What this means is that for me, what others complained about Arch (its smaller population) was the root of my pride in the server. So, as the population grows, we'll see. Maybe more people take pride in it. I, however, will be particularly proud if we can both grow and maintain our civility.

Damn, and I was only going to post a brief reply to Fuzzy. b:chuckle
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Go to Lost city AH and see the diference........b:bye

Thats like compareing the amount of grease on an an engine under the hood of two diferent aged cars. Of course an older servers is going to be full of more selection of items in AH, that sever's population of high end also most likely out weighs the number of lowend as in gear and levels. Unlike arch where the majority is lowend in levels, and in gears. It is only been recently that I started seeing the "gratz (insert name here) on lvl 100 3-4 times a day. as aposed to it being 1-3 times a week.

When I came to this server and rolled, the newbie yards were dead, the ones that rushed over from all other servers for most part leveled up/geared up CSed up, whatever as fast as possible.... and at that time Archo had Raging tide to contend with as a "new server" And we had hardley ANY genuine new players coming here. But since PWI started actually marketing the game in other sources than just word of mouth advertiseing, there has been a large amount of genuine newbies come. the FACEBOOK deal when it was going I seen a large chunk, now PWI is being advertised everywhere... Even on youtube videos. And the newbie yards are like 10 times more active than they were when I came here.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:surrender

and i voted for you to b:chuckle
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you tell them it's a boring ghost-town, they won't come here.

The server is dead. Asking us to lie about it to those that ask is, well, dishonest. Not something I want to do.
    barb this, barb that, 5aps this, 5aps that

Is it just me, or is anyone else beginning to hate the new moderator? He jumps on any "barb" related post (no matter how remotely barb related) to talk about barbs, knock 5 aps classes, claim that there are lots of barbs doing lots of things, etc. b:shutup
    Until now. I read world chat because I enjoy it. My blacklist has always had a few people on it who annoyed me, but most of the conversations were fine for me. However, in the last couple weeks, the number of inane conversations and rude/cruel/bitchy people in world chat seems to have risen. Maybe it's just me.

My blacklist has grown also in the last few weeks. Some of it is just plain irritating.
    vristion wrote: »
    The newbie yards are quite active with none alts. (because lets face it ALTS dont hang in the newbie yards)

I am sorry, but a LARGE number of people are leveling alts at this point, which makes up for a significant portion of the players at the lower level areas.

Although on a positive note (you know me, Mr. Positive) it is not AS dead as it was several weeks ago. But its still nearly impossible to find 5 people for a bh 51 . . . b:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Although on a positive note (you know me, Mr. Positive) it is not AS dead as it was several weeks ago. But its still nearly impossible to find 5 people for a bh 51 . . . b:surrender

Well, quite honestly, that's because new people don't know how to bh and the toons that level here are mostly alts who bh with a band of buddies.
    Send us new people, we can train them.
    Friend request anyone else you ever bh with, if they know what they're doing that is. That makes it easier to find people the right level for your bh.
    It's a small town. I can't deny that. It can get worse or get better. I'd prefer actions that help make it better.
    Bottom line: we could really use more people up in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am sorry, but a LARGE number of people are leveling alts at this point, which makes up for a significant portion of the players at the lower level areas.

Most people that level alts that are older players on this server do just that, they level them. Most anyone that has been here that makes an alt don't sit around, they find with the knowledge they have every exploit to have their alt to 7x - 8x within a week.

Ive personally grown bored with my own class. PWI has made the cleric one boreing class to play. So I have been spending considerable amount of time haunting the newbie yards just getting to know actual new players showing them the ropes etc, and I can pretty much say their are tons of em running about lot more then when I came to this server. (I would start an alt myself but kinda waiting for new classes)

But for most part, we have PWI to blame for lack of players, the server select screen really doesn't jump out at you with variety to choose from, it defaults to one of the older servers. And Im betting people after waiting the hours to DL the game, and spend an hour running back and forth to register, email verify etc etc, prob just went click happy before realizing they could actually get on another server.
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lol RT always has Room for ppl who raced to 100 no disrespect to anyone that did b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd prefer actions that help make it better.

Dare I ask?

Ok, I shall.

What might those "actions" be?

Most people that level alts that are older players on this server do just that, they level them. Most anyone that has been here that makes an alt don't sit around, they find with the knowledge they have every exploit to have their alt to 7x - 8x within a week.

Wrong again, o persistently anonymous poster . . . .

Sure, there are people that hyper public quest, etc., but ALOT of people do the quests. They already have an end game character, they want to experience the other class. Not just dump coin into gearing up another end game class.
    Ive personally grown bored with my own class.

Can you grow bored of these forums, please? For all we know, you might be my grandmother. And I don't really feel like listening to my grandmothers opinion on pwi.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle

Today Blood's raging is putting a smile on my face and I dont even know why... maybe Im just really hungry atm.

If they come out with another new server with the expansion one of 2 things could happen-

1) Other people on other servers finally flood it, power lvl and get sick of it just as fast as here or-
    2) no one goes because they'd rather stop flying around servers and stay put.

In either case the new server (if they choose to come out with one) will end up probably more ghostly than Archo.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wrong again, o persistently anonymous poster . . . .

Sure, there are people that hyper public quest, etc., but ALOT of people do the quests. They already have an end game character, they want to experience the other class. Not just dump coin into gearing up another end game class.

I agree with whomever that guy is. Like me, most of my friends have alts, and yes, we powered leveled them. (For about a week there, poor Yellow was dragging 5 level 30s through FC.) While I do agree with you that learning a new class is a big part of the draw to creating alts in the first place, I have to agree with PersonX that I don't think most of us are sitting around bashing frail blobs and collecting lynx bones.

Many of the quests between levels 1-70 are designed to teach how to play the game. I'd rather jump ahead to 70 and then slow down and learn the class.

AnonymousManWoman is probably right. Unless it's a culti quest, most of the people hanging out in those places are more than likely actually new players.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Today Blood's raging is putting a smile on my face and I dont even know why... maybe Im just really hungry atm.

Hunger make bluemystic grumpy, ijs . . . .
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I agree with whomever that guy is. Like me, most of my friends have alts, and yes, we powered leveled them. (For about a week there, poor Yellow was dragging 5 level 30s through FC.) While I do agree with you that learning a new class is a big part of the draw to creating alts in the first place, I have to agree with PersonX that I don't think most of us are sitting around bashing frail blobs and collecting lynx bones.

Many of the quests between levels 1-70 are designed to teach how to play the game. I'd rather jump ahead to 70 and then slow down and learn the class.

AnonymousManWoman is probably right. Unless it's a culti quest, most of the people hanging out in those places are more than likely actually new players.

You have to ignore blood. In reality he is a pathetic lonely old man, still trying his best to hang with the "cool kids" And when he acts like an ***, and people cheer it on, it helps him defeat yet another night of laying naked on the floor in the fetal postion rocking himself for comfort.

Asside from that, he don't know jack about what goes on the server, unless he is in the middle of the circle jerk, and all splatters on him.
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Asside from that, he don't know jack about what goes on the server, unless he is in the middle of the circle jerk, and all splatters on him.

LOL! Not sure I've ever heard a description of an MMO player quite like that before... Ahem. Gross.

You do not describe the Blood I know - in my experience he's actually a very funny guy, with a Steven Wright style sense of humor.

To get back on topic, Arch is not nearly as active as some of the older servers (I am active on Lost City again). For me, the game lost something once I hit 100. There is not enough PK to make it fun (just a bunch of stealthed sins hanging out in West, waiting to gank the next robe they see). At end-game, PvP becomes the new BH quest - who can take down CrunchyCat, who can survive one of Elayne's BIDS, etc. b:chuckle
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hey theodor adorno whats sadder, a pathetic lonely man trying to be one of the "cool kids?" ...or the "cool kids" being so concerned about a pathetic lonely man?
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hey theodor adorno whats sadder, a pathetic lonely man trying to be one of the "cool kids?" ...or the "cool kids" being so concerned about a pathetic lonely man?

I did feel sad later for laughing at a pathetic lonely man. I just get this image when I read anything he types, and well...
  • Anthemyra - Archosaur
    Anthemyra - Archosaur Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think in general I've always had some pride in this server. I think our community has been strong, and we have a lot of respectable people. It's generally a pretty nice server. Every community has its asses, and Arch is no exception, but our more respectable players have outnumbered them greatly.

I have a theory that as a population of an MMO grows, people feel more freedom to act like idiots publicly. There is more of a sense of anonymity for some, and a larger audience for those desperate for attention. What this means is that for me, what others complained about Arch (its smaller population) was the root of my pride in the server. So, as the population grows, we'll see. Maybe more people take pride in it. I, however, will be particularly proud if we can both grow and maintain our civility.

Damn, and I was only going to post a brief reply to Fuzzy. b:chuckle

+1 b:chuckle

so meany of you :P a pathetic lonely man has feelings to.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In reality he is a pathetic lonely old man, still trying his best to hang with the "cool kids" blah blah blah

Get a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 fish and an italian mother-in-law that lives down the street, THEN talk to me about lonely.

I wish I was lonely. Lonely sounds good. I haven't been lonely in, er, 50 or 60 years at least . . . .

And get your story straight: am I lonely, or perpetually involved in geriatric circle jerks?

Oh, and btw, the "cool kids" don't have to hide in anonymity, lest you actually think you ARE one b:chuckle

I smell a nerd, ijs
  • Nefertia - Archosaur
    Nefertia - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Arch server lack only debatable people. There is nothing wrong with Arch server except the stupid fools who do not know or want to play the game.

You want pk action lost will oblige you.

You want yappers or whiners that feel what they say is right even though they are wrong Ht and RT can help with that.

lastly, the less we have on this server the more real missions can be accomplished with skilled characters, less lag, less thieves (suppose to be TT banks-fools do not know it is random), less liars (think they are correct and should not be debated) and less lazy people stealing kills and squadding for mobs because they screwed up their chars and cannot handle them alone (please a cleric who thinks they can handle arm to arm combat with an arsenal of magic skills that can deal awesome damage hint kill your as and raise your as).

So take note we could use more intellect, respect and less stupid people who lack common sense. b:thanksb:bye
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with Arch server except the stupid fools who do not know or want to play the game.

lastly, the less we have on this server the more real missions can be accomplished with skilled characters . . . less lazy people stealing kills and squadding for mobs because they screwed up their chars and cannot handle them alone.

So take note we could use more intellect, respect and less stupid people who lack common sense. b:thanksb:bye

Ok, since I am bluemystic, supreme amiable pve wizard of arch server, I will address your pve rant.

Explain to me how you can BOTH complain about kill steals AND about people wanting to squad with you?

If you don't squad with them and you are killing the same mob, you deserve to have your kills stolen. Or do you think you have a right to solo the entire area and everyone should just queue up behind you till your done?

Talk some more about stupid fools with no intellect, respect or common sense, please?

I find it fascinating.
  • Akhenan - Archosaur
    Akhenan - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It depends entirely of play-style and taste. I've experimented Sanctuary before and now Archosaur and although its true, there are many more possibilities and variety at the old servers, I do find the small, kind of growing up community more appealing to me in Archosaur.
    Yes World Chat gets silly sometimes but its easy to spot 3, 4 people who when you block, all returns to "normal" and its not so annoying.
    Generally, it has its pros and cons like any other server out there. My overall opinion, it's growing, it has potential.
  • vristion
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, since I am bluemystic, supreme amiable pve wizard of arch server, I will address your pve rant.

Explain to me how you can BOTH complain about kill steals AND about people wanting to squad with you?

If you don't squad with them and you are killing the same mob, you deserve to have your kills stolen. Or do you think you have a right to solo the entire area and everyone should just queue up behind you till your done?

Talk some more about stupid fools with no intellect, respect or common sense, please?

I find it fascinating.

All of that busy-ness going! and your priority one is to be a self acclaimed ******* on the forums, and a red-name in a game.... Nice...

You could still have the world around you and still be alllllll by yourself. But hey! you have proski right?!
  • vristion
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh, and btw, the "cool kids" don't have to hide in anonymity, lest you actually think you ARE one
    Oh I am sorry, did i claim to be a "cool kid" that would require your company? No I didn't....I am merely one on the outside looking in, and giggling like a school girl at you... if that's not cool... then so be it. I will suffice i am sure.
  • moblisan
    moblisan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ill tell you what ... i just started perfect world today. I started on archo, but no one would help everytime you speak in that server asking for a bit of help. Hell even just to say hi, no one answers its like talking to a bunch of catatonics. That might be a reason why. Cause im gonna try to find a server with more friendly active people starting now.