Should saying the game is dead be bannable?

Options
Lutirica - Harshlands
Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I think it should be bannable
Fail troll of harshlands
Post edited by Lutirica - Harshlands on

Comments

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No, if people think it's dead then they should be allowed to post it.

If they go overboard spamming the forums with it... or add other flavored language and such nonstop then sure they should get forum banned.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    how could you dissagree to that less players = no fun
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No, it shouldn't be bannable but I can easily see this happening. And that really wouldn't surprise me at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    People are entitled to their opinions, as long as they don't violate the rules within their posts and remain civil there's no reason for the mods or GM/CM to step in and ban the users.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    how could you dissagree to that less players = no fun

I'm not sure how posting that the game is dead equals in less players (although I guess new comers could come and see it and be reluctant to play), however, I don't think you should
    ban people for expressing their opinions in an appropriate manner about a game they play.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    if it is seen as disruptive (i.e they post the same response to many threads) this could be taken as off topic trolling and continued abuse of this rule would probably result in a forum ban after a couple of warnings. one would hope anyway because the continuous negativity get's tiresome for those of us who are trying to be as upbeat as we can about things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    People are entitled to their opinions, as long as they don't violate the rules within their posts and remain civil there's no reason for the mods or GM/CM to step in and ban the users.

This ^
    and This ↓
    if it is seen as disruptive (i.e they post the same response to many threads) this could be taken as off topic trolling and continued abuse of this rule would probably result in a forum ban after a couple of warnings. one would hope anyway because the continuous negativity get's tiresome for those of us who are trying to be as upbeat as we can about things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmmm.. well this is kind of an odd time to bring this up again. Haven't seen anyone say it except NightRage lately.

And about it being bannable...

Screaming it in every thread you can just because you think it's funny? Yes.

Saying it because you truly believe PWI as we know it is dead? No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Then why are their threads locked?

If they believed the game was dead: they'd just leave. Who wants to beat a dead horse when you can rail on one that's alive and kickin'?

The reasons for posting such things is because it harms the company whether it's a disgruntled player or corporate sabotage. It hurts us as players since some may come here interested in the game but be deterred by what they read at first glance.

Banning would be very understandable imho especially since if they really believed it: they wouldn't care if they were banned.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you want Nightrage to be banned, just say that...
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No. Game's dead.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

If they believed the game was dead: they'd just leave. Who wants to beat a dead horse when you can rail on one that's alive and kickin'?

The reasons for posting such things is because it harms the company whether it's a disgruntled player or corporate sabotage. It hurts us as players since some may come here interested in the game but be deterred by what they read at first glance.

Banning would be very understandable imho especially since if they really believed it: they wouldn't care if they were banned.

It's sometimes that when you care about something that you make the most flamboyant comments when something happens to it.

Like you said, I don't think most people post "the game is dead" thinking it really is, but not to harm the company. Some simply don't know how to express their thoughts well, and to ban such players on the grounds that they posted their opinions in a negative attitude once or twice... doesn't seem right. You might end up banning players that just had a bad day but in the end really do still like playing, and slipped when voicing their displeasure.

So it's great that they're locked so they can't continue on with it (which would end in a ban), but there hasn't been many cases where a thread was deleted completely so others can still read them.
  • /Fox - Harshlands54
    /Fox - Harshlands54 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    no everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the game and if they beleive that the game is dead then they should be able to express their opinion without fear of being banned
    Just cuz some1 thinks the game is dead doesnt mean they dont like playing itb:bye
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Game is dead.

And NightRage rocks, stop hating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

[NightRage_mode]

Forums =/= Game.

Forums are funny to read and post to.

Game is dead.

Thread is fail.

[/NightRage_mode]
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Game is dead.

And NightRage rocks, stop hating.

&&
    Forums =/= Game.

Forums are funny to read and post to.

Game is dead.

Thread is fail.

b:chuckle +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The day a game bans it's players for expressing their opinion, is the day a game DOES become dead to me. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

[removed] Threads don't get locked because someone said "Game is dead." They get locked for other reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • tweakz
    edited November 2010
    Options
    [removed]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You're a scat lover. What's that got to do with the price of chickens in Peru and your low IQ?

At least my reply was actually related and made sense. You just want to randomly insult me without any logic or reasoning? Not my problem. You're the one who looks more like a fool in that case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You're a scat lover. What's that got to do with the price of chickens in Peru and your low IQ?

Probabally the same thing that makes you an idiotic flammer that can't put together a complete thought?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    man what happened to tweakz it use to be funny to read what he/she posted but now its just sadb:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am NightRage and I approve this message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited November 2010
    Options
    At least my reply was actually related and made sense. You just want to randomly insult me without any logic or reasoning? Not my problem. You're the one who looks more like a fool in that case.

At least I was wearing underwear when I posted that. You don't even have the decency to change the sheets after you poo the bed.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    At least I was wearing underwear when I posted that. You don't even have the decency to change the sheets after you poo the bed.

This, young forum goers, is what a horribad-failtroll looks like.

Do you smell that? It's not the stench of a healthy troll, it's the smell of a burnt out one, whose jokes and appeal has dissapeared.

Just ignore it and it will eventually die.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

Case in point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It hurts us as players since some may come here interested in the game but be deterred by what they read at first glance.
    wow how selfish can you get? If they hear stuff like that, they will research and find out why people say "game is dead" so they don't waste their time playing it and ending up with the same opinion. The grass is always green in dictatorships...
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No, it's not bannable, but don't you think that posting it in 20 threads only in the general discussions is kinda annoying. Sometimes 'Game is dead.' is supplemented with a troll post which is violation of the rules.
    @Tweakz, your behaviour is definitely not appropriate and I suggest you to refrain from it.

This thread was answered and for our pity it went down in flames.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.