If fist/claw didn't exist...

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited November 2010 in Blademaster
... What would your dps weapon be? Dragon's bite? Nirvana blade? a Magic sword?

And no rerolling as a sin. b:scorn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If no fist/claws?

I'd be using TT100 blade/sword. :D
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    End-game wise...

Single sword or pole with -int or Quicken (if there was no -int either).

If that happened I would reroll a sin, even though you said it was not an option. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Before when interval items still not so much, people say fist / claw is useless.
    Because defeated on both damage output even if the aps mod is highest but the damage is so low.
    (except for skill interrupt)

Every BM would go Axe, Polearm, Sword before . . . b:infuriated

I remember seeing a proud fist / claw BM even when all his comrades avoid using fist / claw . . because he like martial arts. b:worried

But after more interval gear released . . . b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Before -interval gear, 10x BMs rerolled to venos or archers to PvE. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Before -interval gear, 10x BMs rerolled to venos or archers to PvE. b:bye

Farming 4 pieces of tt99 gear, farming lunar for decide and mantle of radiance, and pangu tome would still be useless considering every BM went sage.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    How the **** did "every BM went sage" when demon axes skills are clearly superior?
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, as far as i've noticed, Sage and Demon's different naturally from defensive and survivatability (for sages) to offensive and attack speed (for demons)

It sure does make sence that most fist/claw bm's go Demon. And not only for their atk speed, but also 9 sec HF >_>
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    How the **** did "every BM went sage" when demon axes skills are clearly superior?

because 50 chi a minute and 15% more from bell made their panties wet

oh and people are stupid

<~ went demon for pole procs and stuns+mag marrow
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    if the 5.0 wasn't possible with fists, I'd still be playing my barb :P

but IF I decided to play a bm anyway, I'd prolly use a pole with sacrifical strike for pk, and axes for pve
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    if the 5.0 wasn't possible with fists, I'd still be playing my barb :P

but IF I decided to play a bm anyway, I'd prolly use a pole with sacrifical strike for pk, and axes for pve

That's only if you went sage and have sage farstrike. Demon bms have poles for cancel demon gs. Other then that, it's hard to kill a heavy armor toon with only pole.

oh and people are stupid

Don't forget that Sage Drake Sweep/Aoelian Blade/Highland with Sage Axe Mastery with one of those people who +10's Calamities give Sage BMs orgasms.

If I was a pure axe bm, I would still rather go demon then sage.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BMs went sage because back then having 1 or 2 of your level 11 skills would make you incredible in most cases. Not like these times, where if you DON'T have most of your level 11 skills you can't even be considered mediocre.

And since level 11 skills were so rare and not a factor most people could include in deciding on which path to go, sage spark > demon spark for TW and +50 chi > -50 chi for the opponent in PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BMs went sage because back then having 1 or 2 of your level 11 skills would make you incredible in most cases. Not like these times, where if you DON'T have most of your level 11 skills you can't even be considered mediocre.

And since level 11 skills were so rare and not a factor most people could include in deciding on which path to go, sage spark > demon spark for TW and +50 chi > -50 chi for the opponent in PVP.

^^ this.

Everyone went sage for +50 chi and maybe getting sage buff.

Getting more than a few of your lvl 11 skills was considered impossible back then.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary
    Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If the game was a more balanced, I would probably sage Anything. In my eyes, what good is attack speed when my weapon could give me a speed boost almost the same, as well as spark not only giving me more attack power, but higher defenses as well. And lets add on the fact that Sage mastery increases attack power, not just add a crit percentage.

But then again, no one watnts to hear anything about Sage. Most people have it in thier heads to " demon demon demon DEMON!"b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of us arent looking for anything logical, like money.

We cannot be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

We just want to see the world burn...
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010

oh and people are stupid

Or because the 50 chi a minute and 15% defence actually made sense considering back in the day a lot of endgame BM's went heavy-vit axe for TW. A TW BM's main role used to be survivability and keeping mass groups of opponents locked. TW started at 85-90+ and little squishy 5k BM's with gold bracers and mediocre axes had no place back then.

Also before -int mattered, sage was the first choice for a BM who wasn't planning on splashing much money into the game on skills. I actually agree demon is the superior choice, but sage was extremely viable a year or two ago. But some people are too stupid to realize that.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Or because the 50 chi a minute and 15% defence actually made sense considering back in the day a lot of endgame BM's went heavy-vit axe for TW. A TW BM's main role used to be survivability and keeping mass groups of opponents locked. TW started at 85-90+ and little squishy 5k BM's with gold bracers and mediocre axes had no place back then.

Also before -int mattered, sage was the first choice for a BM who wasn't planning on splashing much money into the game on skills. I actually agree demon is the superior choice, but sage was extremely viable a year or two ago. But some people are too stupid to realize that.

Yes, it was a reasonable choice but many "older" players (you should know what I mean, the ones that had aps builds before PWI) always though hell > heaven. 50 chi helped of course, especially before genies. Stunning does take quite a bit of chi, especially when you don't regen it quickly enough. 15% defence is nice but I don't think sage bell used to be any cheaper back then.

And not like people had better gear back then; in fact, complete opposite. No (cheap) flawless/immac shards was the biggest issue. Around +100 vit does make a difference though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited November 2010
    always thought hell > heaven.

because it is. 50 chi a minute is nothing compared to what you could get simply hitting. but, as said, people early on in pwi(even those from myen) were nubs. most of the people who came here from myen were just low levels trying to dominate in a new server because they failed in the old(examples: pandora, and that **** who invented 'full attack clerics'). but that was just my observation in the months I managed to play here back then.

it's still like this today, funny enough. who farms their skills anymore? $45 might buy them all. b:bye