Anyone else hoping for a graphical revamp? ;o

13»

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    armethil wrote: »
    wait a sec, aren't they using an improved version of the engine for FW? I couldn't get into the CB so idk how it performs.

i seemed to have around same fps in FW at max as in pwi. freedom harbour also lag like west distric here. didnt see much a difference the few hours i played, before i got too dissapointed with the graphic work.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    armethil wrote: »
    wait a sec, aren't they using an improved version of the engine for FW? I couldn't get into the CB so idk how it performs.

Nope exact same one as other PWE games, not modified one bit really... maybe just a few differences with how quests work but you could easily take one thing out of it and stick it in another game and it will work (and if you are daring and want to mess with client files you could take mounts right out of FW or JD or w/e and put them on whatever mount you are currently use to see the FW/JD w/e mount and no one else will be able to see it but you)
    i seemed to have around same fps in FW at max as in pwi. freedom harbour also lag like west distric here. didnt see much a difference the few hours i played, before i got too dissapointed with the graphic work.

Yes it sucks, lag everywhere (network and graphic, it is saddening b:cry)
  • armethil
    armethil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well isn't JD using the same engine? It doesn't lag for me, unlike PWI.
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i would like to see skills that are higher in lvl have some sora of a change to them..lets say barrgae of arrows lvl 10-11 needs to have some added explosions ..FIRE AND BRIM STONE MEWHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Viva - Heavens Tear18
    Viva - Heavens Tear18 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The problems mentioned in the first post are annoying me too and want them to get fixed. b:surrender
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So, we're going to have a new expansion eventually. Besides bug fixes, I am hoping for a graphical revamp.

The old hairstyles look plastic, we melt into mounts / flyers, hair and fashion go through our body parts, grabbing the air while sitting on mounts, Glaives cut down Venos' leg and tail, Psychics have ret@rded wrists, and so on. x.x These are small problems but kind of annoying. Anyone agree? b:surrender

Examples:
    problems.jpg

x.x ...this is what I wanted to say with this thread lol. I just fail at English... I just want 'em to revamp stuff that look stupid now.
    No. The eye candy on perfect world is great, above par for most F2P's I see, especially concerning customizing, but they need to work out their f'ing bugs first and create new content, not make more eye candy.
  • DeLetar - Sanctuary
    DeLetar - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The older classes need to get their hair done so they have detailing like the Tibeborn's and boutique hair.
    I level the old- fashioned way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like having the money for skills.
  • Siriner - Sanctuary
    Siriner - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I hope the map does get revamped a bit, The tideborn city and the new earthseeker city have a very different look than the normal pwi cities etc, a bit more colourful than usual.. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oink!
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No. The eye candy on perfect world is great, above par for most F2P's I see, especially concerning customizing, but they need to work out their f'ing bugs first and create new content, not make more eye candy.

Hello? That's why I said 'BESIDES BUG FIXES'. No offence but learn to read, please? *sighs*
    edited November 2010
    Hello? That's why I said 'BESIDES BUG FIXES'. No offence but learn to read, please? *sighs*
    Uh, no, I'd rather not give them any ideas. Keeping the eye on the prize. No thanks eye candy. Hell, there's content updates that are far more important than eye candy. Maybe I didn't make myself clear that just about everything else is more important as there's nothing lacking in the eye candy department.

Btw, they should definitely fix bugs. What do you think?
  • Siriner - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Uh, no, I'd rather not give them any ideas. Keeping the eye on the prize. No thanks eye candy. Hell, there's content updates that are far more important than eye candy. Maybe I didn't make myself clear that just about everything else is more important as there's nothing lacking in the eye candy department.

Btw, they should definitely fix bugs. What do you think?

Thats just your opinon, its just gonna take a long time for them to even fix the bug which if they do. Its a graphical revamp thread, u dont like it then fine by me. It wont stop us from discussing about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oink!
    edited November 2010
    Thats just your opinon, its just gonna take a long time for them to even fix the bug which if they do. Its a graphical revamp thread, u dont like it then fine by me. It wont stop us from discussing about it.
    Wow, just my opinion.. I suppose I shouldn't intrude upon the non-opinionated, scientific-based discussion you were having. b:cry

Also, where did I tell people stop talking about anything at all? Quotes pls. Last I checked disagreement with the OP's priorities, and a tongue-in-cheek remark about "shh, don't tell them!" are open in this thread and relevant, as I didn't see it stated that only those who want to prioritize eye candy so highly are allowed to post. b:bye
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    First and foremost they should fix the actual bugs that interfere with gameplay.
    Then, and only then should they fix the graphical glitches that you mentioned.

Not "BESIDES BUG FIXES".

Actual bugs should take priority before making your char look e-pretty. b:shutup
    Here we go again....
  • Siriner - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Wow, just my opinion.. I suppose I shouldn't intrude upon the non-opinionated, scientific-based discussion you were having. b:cry

Also, where did I tell people stop talking about anything at all? Quotes pls. Last I checked disagreement with the OP's priorities, and a tongue-in-cheek remark about "shh, don't tell them!" are open in this thread and relevant, as I didn't see it stated that only those who want to prioritize eye candy so highly are allowed to post. b:bye

Yet, you try to turn the subject from graphical revamp to bugs >_>

Some bugs are harder to fix than it seems, else they would have probably be fixed ages back. Some company find it better to not fix the bug and complete start from scratch, which is usually a new game. Other just rather spend the time making new contents for the game rather then sending the majority of their dev team working on the bug. They think its better to invest time in improving then fixing thus why most game out there u expect maybe some forum with bug threads.

There, thats should answer ur bug question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oink!
    edited November 2010
    Yet, you try to turn the subject from graphical revamp to bugs >_>

Some bugs are harder to fix than it seems, else they would have probably be fixed ages back. Some company find it better to not fix the bug and complete start from scratch, which is usually a new game. Other just rather spend the time making new contents for the game rather then sending the majority of their dev team working on the bug. They think its better to invest time in improving then fixing thus why most game out there u expect maybe some forum with bug threads.

There, thats should answer ur bug question.
    Hmm, improving eye candy instead of fixing bugs. No, I think I'll stick with my original post, despite the nice spin on things you put. I did QA at one point so I understand classes of bugs and the necessity of repairing certain ones, versus others which are low class and don't affect the game much at all. However, there are blatant higher class bugs which aren't being fixed in place of Microsoft Excel game strings or adding new packs. Hence, my post. Fixing bugs >>>>> everything else. Oh, right, my opinion of course.. to separate that from your factual-based prioritizing of fashion and character models. b:cute
  • Siriner - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, improving eye candy instead of fixing bugs. No, I think I'll stick with my original post, despite the nice spin on things you put. I did QA at one point so I understand classes of bugs and the necessity of repairing certain ones, versus others which are low class and don't affect the game much at all. However, there are blatant higher class bugs which aren't being fixed in place of Microsoft Excel game strings or adding new packs. Hence, my post. Fixing bugs >>>>> everything else. Oh, right, my opinion of course.. to separate that from your factual-based prioritizing of fashion and character models. b:cute

Maybe Fixing Bugs >>> Everything else to our point of view but to them (Devs) its probably Everything >>> Fixing Bugs b:laugh :P

Hence, why on my orignal post when I mentioned of a map revamp was that beside the map getting a better look, update or w/e it could be get the rubberband bug out. o.o
    Then I didnt add that rubberband bit since she said beside from bugs :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oink!
  • KennyC - Lost City
    KennyC - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Its kinda sad to look at psychics arms as they are bent so awkardlyb:sad Makes them look deformed. Also the glaive cutting into the venos leg is another oddity. Honestly these "bugs" or aesthetic mistakes, whatever you call them, are really irritating. I hope they do fix these little things, its supposed to be a "perfect" world rightb:shutup. However, i have to aggre with Janus on fixing some major bugs like the rubberbadning, 1k death tele from rebirth and etc hamper our gameplayb:surrender These should take priority.
    +1 post
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just a comment, but the people who fix software bugs, like rubberbanding, are most likely not the same people who would fix most graphical glitches, like the "broken" psychic wrist. Generally speaking, dealing with bugs is more the arena of programmers, while the graphics is more the domain of graphics designers/3D artists.

So, for the most part, they could probably work on both at the same time without affecting each others work at all.

I suppose there might be some overlap if you want the hair to be flexible and bend around other objects as needed, but for most graphics problems the programmers probably don't need to do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Siiobhan - Archosaur
    Siiobhan - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I translated the announcement from Wanmei and it in fact did mention major graphic updates. It mentions "more detailed and expressive faces" and "hair blowing in the wind" so I think we are actually going to see some improvements. I just hope they don't make pixel shader 3.0 (which BTW is what makes the tideborn graphics different, and the reason I see them all incorrectly :P) required to run the game or I'll have to spend money on a new card .... lol.
    edited November 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Just a comment, but the people who fix software bugs, like rubberbanding, are most likely not the same people who would fix most graphical glitches, like the "broken" psychic wrist. Generally speaking, dealing with bugs is more the arena of programmers, while the graphics is more the domain of graphics designers/3D artists.

So, for the most part, they could probably work on both at the same time without affecting each others work at all.

I suppose there might be some overlap if you want the hair to be flexible and bend around other objects as needed, but for most graphics problems the programmers probably don't need to do anything.
    They are both on the development side. That's all that matters.

In the bigger picture, the only differentiations made is development vs. publishing.
    Its kinda sad to look at psychics arms as they are bent so awkardlyb:sad Makes them look deformed. Also the glaive cutting into the venos leg is another oddity. Honestly these "bugs" or aesthetic mistakes, whatever you call them, are really irritating. I hope they do fix these little things, its supposed to be a "perfect" world rightb:shutup. However, i have to aggre with Janus on fixing some major bugs like the rubberbadning, 1k death tele from rebirth and etc hamper our gameplayb:surrender These should take priority.
    I hate the look of sins (well, male sins) way more than psychics. Wanna-be anime thugs if I ever saw 'em.
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think the graphics look fine, this game still looks better than the majority of NEW mmos that are out, though they could fix the issues like the HUGE black boxes outside orchid temple.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think the graphics look fine, this game still looks better than the majority of NEW mmos that are out, though they could fix the issues like the HUGE black boxes outside orchid temple.

...what black boxes? Pics, please? o.o;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the black boxes are actually bushes - after the release of the raging tide update, certain graphic cards started displaying them as black cubes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • sangodoc
    edited November 2010
    They are both on the development side. That's all that matters.
    That may be all that matters to some people, but in actuality it makes a big difference when the argument is that you supposedly can only have one priority at a time without slowing other things down. Once that argument is made, as it has been here, the fact that the people who would fix bugs have little or nothing to do with the people would fix the graphics when you're trying to point out that they can do both at the same time and it most likely won't slow either of them down.
    In the bigger picture, the only differentiations made is development vs. publishing.
    Huh? Development isn't one monolithic department, it's made up of various groups that have their own specializations. That's why it matters for what we are discussing.

I don't even see why you'd bother to mention "publishing" here, since it's not particularly relevant. "Publishing", at this point, is merely releasing the patches that are made by the development team (unless I'm misunderstanding how you're using the term).

The point is, it doesn't have to be one or the other when they could do both simultaneously, so there's no good reason for saying that you'd rather they work on bugfixes instead of graphical improvements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
    edited November 2010
    That may be all that matters to some people, but in actuality it makes a big difference when the argument is that you supposedly can only have one priority at a time without slowing other things down. Once that argument is made, as it has been here, the fact that the people who would fix bugs have little or nothing to do with the people would fix the graphics when you're trying to point out that they can do both at the same time and it most likely won't slow either of them down.

Huh? Development isn't one monolithic department, it's made up of various groups that have their own specializations. That's why it matters for what we are discussing.

I don't even see why you'd bother to mention "publishing" here, since it's not particularly relevant. "Publishing", at this point, is merely releasing the patches that are made by the development team (unless I'm misunderstanding how you're using the term).

The point is, it doesn't have to be one or the other when they could do both simultaneously, so there's no good reason for saying that you'd rather they work on bugfixes instead of graphical improvements.
    It is one "monolithic department" with a small company like this -- likely when they are in the same building somewhere in China. QA people, likely in the same building, test, then reproduce a glitch or error, classify it depending on the criticalness of whatever it might be, forward it to developers, they decide either to fix it, or even if it's worth their time. The classes vary from bugs that crash the game, to bugs that get people stuck, to fash glitches, fash ideas, and so on -- the latter getting likely the lowest priority. Obviously the developers prioritize which are essential to be fixed, which don't need to be fixed now but should be, and sometimes if they can't fix or reproduce it, does it break the game to leave alone.

The publishing part is the initial communicating to development side (the intermediary between players and developers), though the publisher in this case is obviously in California, when people keep reporting bugs or glitches or annoyances or ideas.

Hopefully you now have a better understanding of how things work.
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol I see the black boxes too. I'm lazy to screenie it, though...
  • sangodoc
    edited November 2010
    Hopefully you now have a better understanding of how things work.
    All of what you said ignores the fact that graphics and programming are two different skillsets and it would be highly unlikely that they would have the same people doing both, so fixing graphics and fixing bugs does not require the same teams to work on both.

I used to work in a company that did 3D software. I was in the programming team and the people who did the 3D and graphic design stuff were in a totally separate time, so I have on-the-job experience in understanding how these things work. Thanks. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    All of what you said ignores the fact that graphics and programming are two different skillsets and it would be highly unlikely that they would have the same people doing both, so fixing graphics and fixing bugs does not require the same teams to work on both.

I used to work in a company that did 3D software. I was in the programming team and the people who did the 3D and graphic design stuff were in a totally separate time, so I have on-the-job experience in understanding how these things work. Thanks. b:chuckle
    That's nice, but we're talking about video games, not Autodesk 3D Studio Max. b:chuckle

PWE develops several games, at very least. The QA system is the same for every job in development. It's part of a system that prevents the developers from directly taking on every complaint when it is likely not something that's critical, because they are in all likelihood in charge of several games at once, and thus require a chain of testing to determine the priority of fixing it, if fixing it at all. It requires the same chain to go through, whether we're talking about graphics or general game code, and additionally coordination between "teams" of developers -- it's not nearly as simple as you make it out to be. Obviously you don't know how things work. "Skillsets" is irrelevant when we're talking about development and coordination of active MMO games in this context. Put the crappy 3D software nonsense to the side, you're comparing two different types of businesses -- I've worked in the developing and publishing side of game companies, MMO and otherwise. Rest assured, you don't know what you're talking about. b:bye
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i remember like 1 and half ago someone complained about this and eatwithspoons or kanto said that its impossible because of the engine it runs on. and the graphics are better than forsaken world in my opinion. also the tideborn graphics seems rushed, but their skill graphics is a whole different story(tho prefer the graphics as is). new skills tho would be appreciated xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose