Anyone else hoping for a graphical revamp? ;o

Comments

• DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    All I saw in the OP post was QQ graphics suck QQ QQ QQ QQ

So I gave the solution to that problem.

Ah i see... so your "solution" magically fixes all of the problems op'd adressed? otherwise your just spewing **** for the sake of...?
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Who does NOT play on max settings except in TW? You think you're a genius for maxing settings or something?

Graphics still look outdated, terribly outdated, except for some flashy tideborn skills. But even those cannot compare with recent games/MMOs.
  • SecretGem - Heavens Tear
    SecretGem - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Who does NOT play on max settings except in TW? You think you're a genius for maxing settings or something?

Graphics still look outdated, terribly outdated, except for some flashy tideborn skills. But even those cannot compare with recent games/MMOs.

w/ all my graphics on max i have 6 f.ps.b:chuckle
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2010

ive played always max settings even back then when i TW'ed with my old comp it lagged lil bit at gates where was like 150ppl using skills :P
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    there graphics are getting outdated, not to say they dont look good for an old game, but suppose it would be nice for some new graphics, atleast SKILL graphics, ive seen many mods on skill graphics which makes the game look much more funner, only problem is they make lower end PCs lag like mad when theres a lot going off, unless they made an option for *low graphic skills and high graphic*

It's called effects proxie. b:chuckle

By the way, 3D games will always have the "ghost" issues, since there's no real way to block poligons traspassing something (like the hair example). Unless they used heavy proggraming, but then, you'd not be able to get close to a npc due to your weapon blocking the way hehehe.

Note that not all characters have the same sizes / measures, so that makes it even more complicated to fix.

- About the revamp, I don't see it happening, would be like releasing a whole new game...
    - About the skills, I guess they could edit the skill effects, since they look... way to plain / simple.
    - About the mount, look @ the first one.
    - About the weapons, yes, they need more work, guess some weapons are not as processed as some others due to lack of time, specially the tideborn ones, since they didn't have them finished when they released the class, heh.
    - About the map, needs better textures / effects / sound effects. Example: Waterfalls in heaven... the top right section, omg... that looks so wrong.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If I run PWi on max settings together with other programs at the same time(like, msn and shait) my pc laggs so badly that max settings just isn't a option. Beside that, I don't really care much about the graphics of the game I play as long as the game is good. There's several things I want to be fixed before new graphics. I really couldn't careless about hair in my toons shoulder, it won't affect my playing style or if I like the game or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Better Graphics--Calculation of Expenses

Hire more workers to make graphics better-- $1,000,000
    Time taken-- 8 months
    Coffee breaks- 5,932,861
    Office plants dead- 863
    Babies made- 3.5
    Money spent on cheap junk food- 900k

Pack sales needed to cover total cost of graphics improvement--

900k Tiger packs (at 25% off...indefinately of course-)
    700 thousand sunshine packs
    300 thousand coral packs
    and...

17 mounts.

(Not to mention the ruined economy.)

QED: Samaela just took the words right out of my mouth. We've said it once, we've said it a million times...the graphics are okay, but there are more important things to fix at the moment. UNFORTUNATELY, PWE is focused on none of these things. They are focused on a: making a profit and b: the next expansion so they can release another type of pack.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    mud packs? b:shocked
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    mud packs? b:shocked

Exactly.

90% chance of getting mud.
    10% chance of getting tokens.

100% chance of killing the game into further extents
  • armethil
    armethil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Could they at least make less difference between the races? You can tell that the tideborn are more detailed.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol they dont even fix the text of some skills descriptions.. a 30 seconds work.. and you ask them to improve graphics??

lol b:laugh
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Babies made- 3.5

This caught my attention.. half a baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think that if they drop a large rock from the sky on arch I would be happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nella - Sanctuary
    Nella - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Go to graphics --> Max EVERYTHING out --> ???? --> PROFIT!

And you're just another rude @sshole. She was not QQing at all, just suggested graphic fixes in a polite way and started a discussion. If you don't like it, why don't you ignore this thread? Eh, people these days... *sighs*

Maxed graphic settings will not fix stuff like characters melting into their mounts or parts of a hairstyle disappear in the shoulder. Game fixes have a priority, but these things should also be fixed eventually.
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @Nella: Thanks dear, but don't get mad over idiots, lol.
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Examples:
    problems.jpg

I thought I was the only one seeing the skinny hand on psychics. b:surrender

And yeah, a little revamp of the graphics would be nice. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Maxed graphic settings will not fix stuff like characters melting into their mounts or parts of a hairstyle disappear in the shoulder. Game fixes have a priority, but these things should also be fixed eventually.

That's the thing, part of the problem with the hair looking rough at the edges had to do with the changes/upgrades they made to the engine with the Tideborn release allowing transparent effects like the transparent glass in the fish tanks in Raging Tide or the Tideborn meditate bubble.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's the thing, part of the problem with the hair looking rough at the edges had to do with the changes/upgrades they made to the engine with the Tideborn release allowing transparent effects like the transparent glass in the fish tanks in Raging Tide or the Tideborn meditate bubble.

Either way, I think they just need to swallow their pride and get rid of the horrid thing called the Angelica engine (yes that is what all PWE games are based on) and just use something like CryEngine3, now that would be amazingness
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Either way, I think they just need to swallow their pride and get rid of the horrid thing called the Angelica engine (yes that is what all PWE games are based on) and just use something like CryEngine3, now that would be amazingness

Hell, any engine would be better than what they've got.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Now, when you want to use something like Cryengine3 you have to look at it from a realistic standpoint. Pwi is developed for systems with 512 mb ram. That ups it to say 4gb minimum. Thats unrealistic, in the standpoint that not everyone can drop 1k on a gaming computer. Sad, but true, id say 90% of current pwi wouldn't be able to run that game engine b:cry
    Not trying to be a kill joy just realistic sorry
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    CryEngine for a MMO? Imagine the lag in TW. b:shocked
  • slapuperv
    slapuperv Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    CryEngine for a MMO? Imagine the lag in TW. b:shocked

lol man...b4 u post better get some info about.....
    CryEngine is awesome in mmorpg,example is A.ion= more ppls than PWI + ofc better graphic and its almoust w\o lag,only lil lag is in abyss.

Edit@
    lol didnt know that A.ion is censored word...
    Gratz PWE ;)
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^ but that game is P2P. =P CryEngine for a F2P game?! Hm, can't imagine that, lol.
  • slapuperv
    slapuperv Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^ but that game is P2P. =P CryEngine for a F2P game?! Hm, can't imagine that, lol.

That was just comment on his reply *CryEngine in mmo b:shocked* ,and btw im pretty sure that PWE can afford that ,but ofc they dont need coz ppls will play no matter how much current engine sucks ;p
  • KennyC - Lost City
    KennyC - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Now, when you want to use something like Cryengine3 you have to look at it from a realistic standpoint. Pwi is developed for systems with 512 mb ram. That ups it to say 4gb minimum. Thats unrealistic, in the standpoint that not everyone can drop 1k on a gaming computer. Sad, but true, id say 90% of current pwi wouldn't be able to run that game engine b:cry
    slapuperv wrote: »
    CryEngine is awesome in mmorpg,example is A.ion= more ppls than PWI + ofc better graphic and its almoust w\o lag,only lil lag is in abyss.

Edit@
    Gratz PWE ;)

MMM no lag in pwi b:dirty Is my laptop 4gb:sad?
    +1 post
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010

Below Quote is very true
    slapuperv wrote: »

Edit@
    Gratz PWE ;)

Even though A.ion uses a very heavily modified version of the CryEngine it uses very little resources to churn out a decent FPS even on lower end machines, NCSoft did some amazing work with it

People are just afraid of the CryEngine because of what CryTek did with it in Crysis, that was just them showing off how insanely amazing graphics it can make but does run rather well on older machines
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    A little optimization wont hurt. I run JD at max settings and 40 fps and PWI at max settings at 13 fps
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    armethil wrote: »
    A little optimization wont hurt. I run JD at max settings and 40 fps and PWI at max settings at 13 fps

Well the Angelica engine was made entirely out of nothing specifically by PW-Beijing for games they make and honestly it is a very half baked engine that is not very resource efficient

Why they decided to make their own instead of using one that already works is beyond me, and more then likely the people that originally created it no longer work at PW-Beijing or a lot of weird bugs would've been fixed by now, seeing as how that is yet to happen it really has to be that. If you think it about it, makes perfect sense, no one that works there has any idea how it actually works (source code wise) so they don't have any idea where to go to fix things, or can't figure out why something that looks like it should work and fix the bug/issue/what have you just makes everything break (assumption)

Anyway, that is at least why I think they are still using this craptastic Angelica engine
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    pw engine is full of memory leaks. worst gaming engine i have seen in years.

@ whoever was whining about needing more ram for a better gaming engine...8gb costs less than $300 if you know where to buy it at.
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    Well the Angelica engine was made entirely out of nothing specifically by PW-Beijing for games they make and honestly it is a very half baked engine that is not very resource efficient

Why they decided to make their own instead of using one that already works is beyond me, and more then likely the people that originally created it no longer work at PW-Beijing or a lot of weird bugs would've been fixed by now, seeing as how that is yet to happen it really has to be that. If you think it about it, makes perfect sense, no one that works there has any idea how it actually works (source code wise) so they don't have any idea where to go to fix things, or can't figure out why something that looks like it should work and fix the bug/issue/what have you just makes everything break (assumption)

Anyway, that is at least why I think they are still using this craptastic Angelica engine
    wait a sec, aren't they using an improved version of the engine for FW? I couldn't get into the CB so idk how it performs.