Is it allowed?

puusyy
puusyy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey everyone

Just a short question maybe you can help me
i want to open a shop but I want to go grinding at the same moment with my main
Is it allowed to open two times PWI - one with my shop and one with my main - or is it not allowed? I dont know :(

thank you for helping me :)
Post edited by puusyy on

Comments

• Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Like with most games, you'll need two accounts for this.

Other than that, I don't know the official stance. If they want to ban me for muling, so be it. I really don't need some stupid company telling me how to play the game. Even more so with F2P being mostly mediocre games and unfriendly companies, so I'm not paying them anything anyway.

Btw, I don't think there's a lot of low level stuff that people will actually buy. I might be wrong, of course.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver
    SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i believe that its allowed. i dont remeber if i heard the same issue on this game or was it Jade dynasty

but on at least one of them a GM said that
    u CAN have 2 accounts 1 for shop other for grind BUT! your not allowed to grind or fight with both of them!! that one is only allowed to open a shop or just walk around. but not allowed to do anything alse!

dunno if it was Perfect world gm's or jade dynasty gms that said that but.... since both games are from Perfect World Entertainments.... maybe same rules ^^?
  • SandyRose - Dreamweaver
    SandyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    you are allowed to have more than 1 character online.

BUT you are not allowed to open the game 2 times on 1 PC.

so if you want 2 Characters online ... get a 2nd PC ...
    SandyRose~ 3x Wizard
    $exyAlexis~ 9x Cleric
  • puusyy
    puusyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

But why is it not allowed? I dont unterstand it ..
    edited November 2010

where the hell do u take it that your not allowed to open 2 clients?
    yes u are
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    where the hell do u take it that your not allowed to open 2 clients?
    yes u are
    Shnuggles wrote:
    Hello,

The best way to put it is, no you are not allowed to do it, yes we can tell, and yes punishment can encure from such actions. Dual-clienting (also known as dual-boxing) on one PC is against the Terms of Service and can be punishable if need be. Our players should be playing legitimately and that is what keeps the overall gaming experience better for the whole community that way. If you have any further questions in regards to this issue, we can help you via the ticketing system.
    Original thread here.b:bye

The reason it is not allowed to use the same computer is because that requires one to edit the client program. Which is against the ToS.

If any GMs or Mods see this, would multi-clienting/boxing be allowed if it did not require a program alteration? Because I cannot find where the ToS directly state that multi-clienting with one computer is illegal. It appears to me that it is only illegal due to to the reason I just stated. So if that was avoided, multi-client would (logically) be legal, am I not correct?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If any GMs or Mods see this, would multi-clienting/boxing be allowed if it did not require a program alteration?

Um, it still breaks the rule about unfair advantages or whatnot in the ToS.
    #
    # (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    # (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players

That's copypasta from the ToS.

Also, there is no a "c" in Shnuggles' name, but I don't think that's a bannable offense. You'd have to check the ToS or possibly PM a GM to confirm, though.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Um, it still breaks the rule about unfair advantages or whatnot in the ToS.

Then using two computers would be not allowed.
    Also, there is no a "c" in Shnuggles' name, but I don't think that's a bannable offense. You'd have to check the ToS or possibly PM a GM to confirm, though.
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOPSSSS...!
    Fixedb:avoid
    #
    # (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    # (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players
    One can double-client with no more computer knowledge than simply that of navigating program files. No alterations, no use of third-party programs, and no exploitation of any bugs or glitches.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    --Accidental Double Post--
    ~Spazz~
    edited November 2010
    Original thread here.b:bye

The reason it is not allowed to use the same computer is because that requires one to edit the client program. Which is against the ToS.

If any GMs or Mods see this, would multi-clienting/boxing be allowed if it did not require a program alteration? Because I cannot find where the ToS directly state that multi-clienting with one computer is illegal. It appears to me that it is only illegal due to to the reason I just stated. So if that was avoided, multi-client would (logically) be legal, am I not correct?

my bad, guess it's only allowed in Jade Dynasty then
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Then using two computers would be not allowed.

Good, you follow basic logic. You'll do well in the world, young padawan.
    One can double-client with no more computer knowledge than simply that of navigating program files. No alterations, no use of third-party programs, and no exploitation of any bugs or glitches.

That is still "exploiting a bug". And since they never specified what exactly counts as "exploit" and "bug", they can pretty much make it anything they want.

And it's still an "unfair advantage".
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Good, you follow basic logic. You'll do well in the world, young padawan.

That is still "exploiting a bug". And since they never specified what exactly counts as "exploit" and "bug", they can pretty much make it anything they want.

And it's still an "unfair advantage".

I'm not going to continue the discussion just because it's a such a sticky conversation. So I'll just agree with you and drop itb:chuckle
    ~Spazz~