How to Tank

Options
2»

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I actually enjoy being a 5.0 barb. I still have 18k HP in Tiger with 7k+ magic defense buffed using regular ornaments and I can stand up and DD to make runs go faster.

BH 3-3 is a piece of cake. Did it with 1 cleric and I maintained argo standing up. Of course I can go in tiger form whenever I need to.
    Also get invited to Nirvana runs more often since I have +10 claws and 5.0. It's a lot more fun than just being a simple axe barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Maybe the only reason i think 5 aps barbs are fail is cause im used to being a tank not being a dd. I dont know if i will change my mind at end games but i sure know i do like being a normal axe barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i belive that we shouldent rush 2 aps cos expansion is here soon and what if it brings nurf and let bm only use claw at max 3 i sure wouldent wana we playing as then but its still just rumor.
    and if its true it was good while it lasted cos such a nurf is needed for the balance of this game survival.
    ofc ppl will rq but it only the aps ppl who will do so so have fun while it last b:bye
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hmmm, making weapons locked to the particular classes they were original intended for would be an interesting concept, Its what they did with the T'borns daggers and w/e those thing are the Psy use. It would have its ups and downs obviously, with classes such as Archer which uses fists as backups to save arrows wouldn't be able to use them any more, but it would stop the whole 5aps every class happening, would restrict it back to only being for BM's. in fact, i think doing that would hold quite a few classes back, no more at early levels using a bow to pull things, before you have the HP to take dmg from multiple mobs at once.

yeah, not sure bout that one. My point of view about 5aps is i wouldn't say its fail, but i Know i wont be going 5aps, I've spent to long being a Axe barb there is no way in hell im changing my playing style. It's to expensive, getting the gear, reseting stats, i just dont have all the mula for that. It's funny though, once-apon-a-time, I hated tanking, never wanted to do it, and had squads go nuts at me, Hated tiger form, Now I Enjoy tanking, despite the low dmg in tiger form, its quite fun, But now it seams I'm not going to be aloud to tank.

cheers
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Maybe the only reason i think 5 aps barbs are fail is cause im used to being a tank not being a dd. I dont know if i will change my mind at end games but i sure know i do like being a normal axe barb.

5.0 APS barb is the only way to still be a tank as a barb at end game (at least if you run things with high APS bm's/sins.) A lot of barbs that go claw dont necessarily go claw because they just want to be dd's, but so that they can regain their tank status. Of course, if you have a super geared sin, there's really no choice but to just dd, even for a 5.0 barb b:chuckle
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well 5.0 apps might be the only way of tanking at end game but im pretty sure i wont be getting to 10x any time in the near future, my worry is trying to get to 89. So either way byu the time i get there I wont need to worry about it if the claw rumor is true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
  • STARSTRUCKS - Raging Tide
    STARSTRUCKS - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    can you tell me a good genie build
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    can you tell me a good genie build

Depends on what your using your genie for. Like for pvp or just for pve, I don't know if RT is a PVP server. But my genie is an infliction genie with tons of str cause all my genie skills use str. I use True Emptiness this gives you a great boost in PVP and really good against people in the air. Solid shield This helps when tanking or taking a bit less dmg. I also have Tree Of Protection, This skill heals you and is great fro anyone. I use alpha male for pve its like roar. I also use Tangle Mire for both pve and pvp. Soon might be getting another genie skill but thats what i currently use. And it works well for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Depends on what your using your genie for. Like for pvp or just for pve, I don't know if RT is a PVP server. But my genie is an infliction genie with tons of str cause all my genie skills use str. I use True Emptiness this gives you a great boost in PVP and really good against people in the air. Solid shield This helps when tanking or taking a bit less dmg. I also have Tree Of Protection, This skill heals you and is great fro anyone. I use alpha male for pve its like roar. I also use Tangle Mire for both pve and pvp. Soon might be getting another genie skill but thats what i currently use. And it works well for me.
    im looking for a more pve bases build for FC/TT/RB. i would focus on ToP, Solid Shield and Alpha male...just need the build now.
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well those are all str based skills for a genie, so you want to max out all 3 if possible, and figure out how much vit you need to cast and then if possible put everything into str.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well those are all str based skills for a genie, so you want to max out all 3 if possible, and figure out how much vit you need to cast and then if possible put everything into str.
    thxb:thanks
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Anytime buddy we need good tanks out there. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore