Eq Helper Program!

Options
Utopia - Dreamweaver
Utopia - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Tideswell (East)
Has someone in Equinox helped you with a Boss, Quest, or Instance? We want to hear about it! Visit the EQ website and fill out the form for the Helper Program and your name will be entered in to a draw.

What’s up for grabs? 50 Perfect Tokens of Luck which you can exchange at the PWI Boutique Agent for items of your choice!

Submissions will be accepted from anyone on the Dreamweaver server. There will be two draws per month. One on the 15th covering any submission entered between the 1st and 14th of the month and another on the last day of the month which covers submissions from the 15th to the second last day of the month. One winner will be selected each time and announced on the PWI Forums.

The rules are very simple and we only have two! 1) Multiple submissions for the same EQ member by the same person are not allowed for any given draw. 2) A link to a Chat or Squad screenshot must accompany the submission as proof that the EQ member did, in fact, help with a task.

To submit an entry, go to the EQ website at www.equinox-dw.com and click on the “Helper Program” link in the top menu bar. The first draw will take place on November 15th. Look forward to hearing about all the wonderful things our members do to help out!

See you in-game!

PLEASE NOTE: This is a positive initiative, please don’t turn it in to a negative. We will not respond to any negative posts however questions are always welcome! Thank you.
Post edited by Utopia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    good initiative.

evn tho its 95% sure to get PR worth as commercial to get applications :P
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    good initiative.

From these forums? Nice joke :)

EQ b:dirty
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The rules are very simple and we only have two! 1) Multiple submissions for the same EQ member by the same person are not allowed for any given draw. 2) A link to a Chat or Squad screenshot must accompany the submission as proof that the EQ member did, in fact, help with a task.

Aw, I think this a really good initiative, but the second rule is kind of hard to complete. For example, my bestfriend(Graviora<3) has helped me out several times, but I haven't exactly taken any screenies of it, since well, wasn't the first thing I thought of. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Utopia - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    good initiative.

I can honestly tell you that at least half (if not more) of the applications we receive indicate that their primary reason for wanting to join EQ is due to the fact that they've squaded with an EQ member(s) and they found them to be friendly and helpful or heard from someone else that we are a friendly and helpful faction. This is before the program went in to effect.

This is only one component of our Helper Program. Internally, we recognize and reward our own Helpful Members who assist others both within and outside of the faction. We also reward those who show their appreciation within the faction for the internal help that they receive. Benefits?

It encourages more of our members to be helpful both within and outside of the faction.
    It recognizes the individual and collective efforts of our members.
    It expands their friend list which in turn means more squading and less looking which hopefully means better gear.
    It increases the chances of people on the server to find help when they need it.
    It recognizes people on the server that take the time to show their appreciation for the help that they receive.
    It encourages new friendships on the server and less animosity towards others.

So EQ Helper Program = Win Win situation don't you agree? The reasons indicated above are the reasons that this program was implemented. Will we have more people visiting our site as a result? Most likely. At least I would like to think so! But that was not the reason whey we developed this program. Do we need this program to get people to app? No. We are not hurting in that department. Will people establish new friendships on the server which will result in new apps? Yes, I would think so. Applying at EQ because they've made new friends would seem to be a natural progression and certainly welcome.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can honestly tell you that at least half (if not more) of the applications we receive indicate that their primary reason for wanting to join EQ is due to the fact that they

That's as good a reason as any...
  • Utopia - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Aw, I think this a really good initiative, but the second rule is kind of hard to complete. For example, my bestfriend(Graviora<3) has helped me out several times, but I haven't exactly taken any screenies of it, since well, wasn't the first thing I thought of. b:surrender

Thank you for your post Samaela! The program is just officially starting so it's not too late! b:mischievous

Your post did make me realize, however, that some people may not know how to take a screenshot, where to find them and how or where to upload it! I'll create a separate post with this information for those that need a little help with this.

Take Care! b:bye
  • Utopia - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    SCREENSHOT INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Press F9 or Print Screen (PrtScn) on your keyboard to take the screenshot.
    2. Picture can be found at C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots
    3. Go to the ImageShack website at http://imageshack.us/ (Free service, easy to use, and no sign up required!)
    4. Click on "Browse".
    5. Navigate to the screenshot in the above noted location on your hard-drive, select it, then click "Open".
    6. Click on the "Upload Now" button on the ImageShack website.
    7. Copy the link labelled "Direct Link".
    8. Paste the link in to the "Comments" section of the submission form on the EQ website.

NOTE: If you know how to crop your screenshot to show just the chat box or squad, please do! It makes it a little easier to read. If not, no worries! IrfanView is a great program for cropping. It's free, a small download, has great compression to reduce file size, and maintains the quality of the image when using the "Resize/Resample" option. Save your cropped file as a JPG image.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you know tho, "Your members seems to be friendly when I squaded with them" kind of responces to wanting to join is usually a standard responce, that people say to get in.

Also way high numbers of EQ was people who got denied or tired of waiting for answer to their application in cala. Then they apply EQ instead and in withing a few days. EQ always seemed kind of desperate with members to me, which is one of my reasons I will never respect EQ as a faction. can respect members, but not the fac, cos the leadership and system is weak and been for a long time.

you say "It encourages more of our members to be helpful both within and outside of the faction. "

your post make EQ seems oh so helpfull, but to me it seems more like.. uhm you need this to motivate the lazy asses to help more, and at the same time some good PR for your faction. Every faction have a rather small percentage who help alot, then most keep on their own.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I understand your skepticism heart, but imho that was a bit uncalled for, we all have our opinion about equinox, especially when it comes to their leadership.

I for one applaud them for starting something like this, even if it is to get people to see equinox in a better light. They have to start somewhere, better then just paying people off, aint it? Hey... wait.. can I get paid 100m, to like you all? <3 j/k j/k

Seriously though, good luck to you EQ, have fun with this, I hope it builds you all up in a better light, and gives us all a new reason to start... respecting you all/seeing you all in a different light.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Utopia - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint Heart but I won't be sucked in to a flame war. Please reread my original post. Life is too short to be bitter and miserable! Have a nice day and take care. I wish you all the best.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes, I advise everybody to keep the flame posts out of the thread. Thank you.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think it's a very unique idea, and like it very much. Props to you guys in EQ on helping the server. Few factions care for the development of the low levels in this server, I hope to see more factions adding up.

Regenesis will continue the tradition we had since July 2009 on Calamity of doing all of the (non world or BH) server's bosses for the ones that need them. It would be great if we could show the server that Equinox and Regenesis, rivals in TW, can work together from time to time to make the game enjoyable for all outside of TW b:cute
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    *goes to search in the Screenshots folder for any SS she took while Kevin and Gabbeh were helping her* b:avoidb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Velona - Dreamweaver
    Velona - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hey, hey Utopia!!! Glad to see our Helper Program up advertised for the rest of the server to see! You do an awesome job hun! b:thanksb:victory
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is a really nice idea. Of course there's gonna be naysayers and the like, but ya know what? Plug your ears and keep it moving.

We heard lots of this in Cala when we did our boss days. "Oh, it's all about the PR!", and lots of flames in wc. What it boils down to though is that there are many helpful people in each faction, whether rival or otherwise. I respect that.

Keep it up everyone.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Utopia - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the positive comments!

At the risk of getting slightly off topic, there is a very distinct difference between the words "rivals" (engaged in competition with one another) and "enemies" (engaging in active hostilities to another).

I really appreciate the fact that you used the term "rivals" Andres. I personally disliked all the hatred and hostility that existed between our two factions. It seriously got out of hand at one point. EQ has undergone a huge change in management recently. We have many new officers with fresh ideas and a fresh mindset. Now that Cala has been "reborn" and EQ has a new leadership, I'm hoping we can turn over a new leaf and get back to being rivals instead of enemies.

Take care and thanks once again for the positive feedback!
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Just to reply the off-topicness. I see Equinox as a faction, a faction to me is just a name, a color and an icon. It's the people that brings out my reaction towards a faction. Like back to EQ for example, I see a lot of your members as great rivals, a good deal of them are close and good friends, then a few others, that every faction has (Regenesis included), are those whose actions shouldn't taint the name that people like you work very hard to keep up where it should be. Keep up the great job, I sure hope to see a strenghtened Equinox-Regenesis rivalry in the TW field, when the time comes.

I... kinda... could use the helper program! I'd like some help with this quest and I can't find someone to do it with me!... it's a daily from the Matchmaker Assistant, I believe it requires a boutique item and a previous quest but I've never done it before so maybe I'm wrong D:

wanna help me Utopia? :D I would even be willing to pass on the 50 tokens!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thanks to Chosenangel! She helped me kill Vipenalt and Drummer yesterday (OHT unlocking quest) :D
    That's really a nice initiative from Equinox :)
    Many thx also to Himil and Teresa ^^
  • Featherstone - Dreamweaver
    Featherstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I remember eq making acid jokes about cala boss day. But if the idea is to help noobs out there, it's ok. I used to be nicer back then, now i just got bored with all those help-me-please lower levels. Good luck on bosses. ^^
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I applaud this. Very good idea.

I do have a suggestion, in that you encourage your members to be more personable with those that they squad with. All too often I end up in a squad for BH or what have you, and get stuck with stoic mutes. It makes something that in essence, should be fun, mind numbingly dull when I'm the only person using the chat feature in a game.

Guild vent isn't the only form of communication. ijs
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    LOL and you guys say that calamity was doing the boss day for PR when we did our boss days infact we got flamed several times every boss day by EQ saying we were doing it only for pr and insulting us.

and yet here you make a thread stating that you want proof that an eq player was helping on the server and you even require ss? how is that trusting of your faction mates.... wow eq has really gone downhill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Velona - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Just going to bring to the attention once more, we're not here for a flaming war. Even if others wish to try to start one. Too each his own, I'll let the remarks slide.

We here at Equinox are here to help. Be it a brand new character or those in end game. I find it really fun to help out lower players though that are brand new to PWI. Typically at the end of which I sit to talk to them for a bit if I have no where to run off to. I could tell many nice, wonderful tales of some of these but it would take too long. I would rather just continue as I have, and encourage others to do the same. Let us all make Dreamweaver a fun server for every player to play on!!

And as always ♥ EQ!!!
  • RaidenXI - Dreamweaver
    RaidenXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I just wish I could understand the reason for posting this. Granted, it seems like a good idea but at the same time it seems pointless. I would like to say 8/10 people who help one another (truly help as in going out of their way for someone else) are friends to begin with. I mean if it was a rule that helping a friend doesn't count then I could see this to be a little more useful. As everyone keeps bringing up, Calamity's boss day. We would send WC's letting everyone know what boss is being killed by who. No one really knew one another thus helping the community was put into a full effect. That and as I recall, we didn't need to be bribed with rewards to do so. We did it to help and that was the reward in itself. Just saying b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flooow
    flooow Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I just wish I could understand the reason for posting this. Granted, it seems like a good idea but at the same time it seems pointless. I would like to say 8/10 people who help one another (truly help as in going out of their way for someone else) are friends to begin with. I mean if it was a rule that helping a friend doesn't count then I could see this to be a little more useful. As everyone keeps bringing up, Calamity's boss day. We would send WC's letting everyone know what boss is being killed by who. No one really knew one another thus helping the community was put into a full effect. That and as I recall, we didn't need to be bribed with rewards to do so. We did it to help and that was the reward in itself. Just saying b:bye

Raiden u nab i hate u b:chuckle
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Would entertainment work? I mean as helping.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver
    Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i always support if some1 start like this. i know, i remember when i was low lvl how hard to done the boss quests, culti quests, ect.

dosent matter whos ideas, its still great idea, we all was noobs ^_^ (some of us still b:shocked )

also i hope 1 day eq, regen, ect factions can work together without flame war =) b:victory

<3 thx
  • Velona - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thankyou Mazsi, as do I. Would be awesome to see happen. b:pleased
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Do NOT turn the thread in flame war please.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Do NOT turn the thread in flame war please.

Solution: Just snip the ******* posts into nothingness if they want to scream insults.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Utopia - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Andres, if I didn't enjoy being single so much and I didn't have a RL Hubby (trust me when I say one is enough -.-) I would take you up on your offer! b:chuckle I am a pretty good matchmaker though. Let me know if you want me to work some magic! b:laugh