Anyone else hoping for a graphical revamp? ;o

Vibba - Sanctuary
Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
So, we're going to have a new expansion eventually. Besides bug fixes, I am hoping for a graphical revamp.

The old hairstyles look plastic, we melt into mounts / flyers, hair and fashion go through our body parts, grabbing the air while sitting on mounts, Glaives cut down Venos' leg and tail, Psychics have ret@rded wrists, and so on. x.x These are small problems but kind of annoying. Anyone agree? b:surrender

Examples:
problems.jpg

They should NOT revamp the whole game but they should fix problems that were mentioned in first post (like hair disappears in the character's body). That won't cause more lag.

x.x ...this is what I wanted to say with this thread lol. I just fail at English... I just want 'em to revamp stuff that look stupid now.
Post edited by Vibba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I agree, these little things make for bad pictures. Even if they keep the same graphic system, at least tweek it so certain things don't look as ugly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    These things will likely not change. But the map is getting a makeover.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    WTF, the map? Nothing's wrong with the map! T_T Why don't they fix bugs and ugly graphics?
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    WTF, the map? Nothing's wrong with the map! T_T Why don't they fix bugs and ugly graphics?

and whats wrong with graphics now ?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    From what I read, they are revamping.

o.o I hate rubberbanding and, would poll for, "Whom would like a hide catshop option?"
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    and whats wrong with graphics now ?

Read first post. Stuff like that. Or look at your Psychic's wrist, lol. b:chuckle
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    there graphics are getting outdated, not to say they dont look good for an old game, but suppose it would be nice for some new graphics, atleast SKILL graphics, ive seen many mods on skill graphics which makes the game look much more funner, only problem is they make lower end PCs lag like mad when theres a lot going off, unless they made an option for *low graphic skills and high graphic*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Nella - Sanctuary
    Nella - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yes, please. The buildings and the landscape are ok, but some characters, fashion, mounts and even mobs look very awkward... Now that we have Forsaken World with better graphics, PWI would deserve a revamp too. : )
    edited November 2010
    Read first post. Stuff like that. Or look at your Psychic's wrist, lol. b:chuckle

never had any probs i play pw with full settings on and 4xanti but its true graphics are outdated tho but do play a game cuz of graphics? if so then u should just wait FW open beta or play some other mmo or buy ps3 =)
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    never had any probs i play pw with full settings on and 4xanti but its true graphics are outdated tho but do play a game cuz of graphics? if so then u should just wait FW open beta or play some other mmo or buy that system. b:laugh =)

o.o idk I like when my sin strips down into granny panties. xD ^^;;
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I don't play because of graphics, if I did that, I would play a P2P MMO now, lol. I'm just a player who is hoping for a revamp or at least some fixes... *points to other posts* And I am not alone with this. ;o
  • Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary
    Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Graphic revamping? For the love of god, THANK YOU. About damn time too.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of us arent looking for anything logical, like money.

We cannot be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

We just want to see the world burn...
  • qills
    qills Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Agreed, we definitely need a revamp, it's almost 2011. :P These graphics were okay 4 years ago but now they are outdated. I have max settings and I never lag, only in west Arch. (kinda old computer, fast net, from Europe). I don't think better graphics would cause more lag, people who lag could still choose minimal graphic settings.
    edited November 2010
    Graphic revamping? For the love of god, THANK YOU. About damn time too.

/thread

and when they do that over half of PWI ppl crying "im lagging at west arch pls fix this bug "
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I would prefer if they fixed bugs and rubberband. If they improved the graphics my pc would lag too muchb:faint
    edited November 2010
    qills wrote: »
    Agreed, we definitely need a revamp, it's almost 2011. :P These graphics were okay 4 years ago but now they are outdated. I have max settings and I never lag, only in west Arch. (kinda old computer, fast net, from Europe). I don't think better graphics would cause more lag, people who lag could still choose minimal graphic settings.

west arch lag is cuz of ur comp....better grapichs = worse lag..west arch doesnt lag cuz of net...but w/e u ppl think for me its same :D
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Hm, I don't lag... Not even in West Arch but I have 120MB/s connection and epic comp, so no wonder... b:surrender But there are games with MUCH better graphics and more players than PWI and players don't lag because the game runs on better servers / bigger bandwidth (or whatever you call it). PWE could improve their stuff to decrease lag. b:shutup
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    never had any probs i play pw with full settings on and 4xanti but its true graphics are outdated tho but do play a game cuz of graphics? if so then u should just wait FW open beta or play some other mmo or buy ps3 =)

Perfect World [PW] graphic is coming from angelica engine (owned & developed by PWE developer) and angelica still get more updates until today.
    Currently the updated angelica engine was used to built Forsaken World [FW] graphic.

And PW graphical revamp said to using the updated or more updated angelica engine . . b:pleased GG
    PWE not going to left their first biggest project to left in the dust, also maybe the biggest money maker. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Nella - Sanctuary
    Nella - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I very rarely lag, and have a medium computer and connection. People who lag should not choose maximum graphic options, obviously.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No.

PWI is incapable of a "revamp" where the finished product is better than the previous one.
  • Yiji - Sanctuary
    Yiji - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They should NOT revamp the whole game but they should fix problems that were mentioned in first post (like hair disappears in the character's body). That won't cause more lag.
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010

x.x ...this is what I wanted to say with this thread lol. I just fail at English... I just want 'em to revamp stuff that look stupid now.
    edited November 2010
    Perfect World [PW] graphic is coming from angelica engine (owned & developed by PWE developer) and angelica still get more updates until today.
    Currently the updated angelica engine was used to built Forsaken World [FW] graphic.

And PW graphical revamp said to using the updated or more updated angelica engine . . b:pleased GG
    PWE not going to left their first biggest project to left in the dust, also maybe the biggest money maker. b:shutup

sry mr/ms/mrs.engineer...they did same on WoW tho never played that game nephew told me that...who knows but i bet its not u who know that tadaa so u SU =)<3
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sry mr/ms/mrs.engineer...they did same on WoW tho never played that game nephew told me that...who knows but i bet its not u who know that tadaa so u SU =)<3

So ? b:surrender I just replying to post that saying about FW graphic . . that soon PW may using the same updated engine.
    Sorry i don't get what you wanted . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010

actually FW's graphic isnt good. it's just very uhmm fantasy themed dark light'ish ( dunno what to say), its not detailed as i hoped for. it's more lke uhh big pixels and alot of color to make it look smooth'ish :X

was so excited and got into phase 1. been on some hours, but got kinda sad about the graphics. its rly not that good :( and the zoom, damn it's like PWI's old zoom, cant zoom much out. got so annoyed lmao.( sorry offtopic)
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • KennyC - Lost City
    KennyC - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    actually FW's graphic isnt good. it's just very uhmm fantasy themed dark light'ish ( dunno what to say), its not detailed as i hoped for. it's more lke uhh big pixels and alot of color to make it look smooth'ish :X

was so excited and got into phase 1. been on some hours, but got kinda sad about the graphics. its rly not that good :( and the zoom, damn it's like PWI's old zoom, cant zoom much out. got so annoyed lmao.( sorry offtopic)

Agree with you about forsakens graphics, not that great compared to other games, i would say pwi would have more detailed features but same texture or pixel usage o.0? Idk the term or whatever
    +1 post
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Go to graphics --> Max EVERYTHING out --> ???? --> PROFIT!
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Go to graphics --> Max EVERYTHING out --> ???? --> PROFIT!

Did you even read the OP?
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Did you even read the OP?

All I saw in the OP post was QQ graphics suck QQ QQ QQ QQ

So I gave the solution to that problem.
  • Minzo - Sanctuary
    Minzo - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yea I agree... there's way to many things wrong...
    They need to have a longer server maitnance (Not a 2hr, maybe like 4-6hrs because they obviously can't fix things in 2hr's)... and just focus on FIXING bug's, glitch's and other problems. I'm sure people can survive a few hours without PWI so they fix things and make us happier...
    b:angry Google's your best friend b:angry