Population on Servers

13»

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lost City seems to be getting a lot of new players from other servers lately i've noticed. Most of them say they are bored of PvE and want to try the PvP server.

There does seem to be a recent surge of new players.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • fushii
    fushii Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    We MIGHT get a new server(s) in January, but only time will tell. I do think we need more servers due to the populations increases.
    I tried Lost City and got to 5x but decided to move to Dreamweaver, it's by far of a more active and friendly community, plus it's nice to chat outside cities and do quests without all that random and UNWANTED RPK going on, that seems to just get worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse, you get the point. b:surrender
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Doesn't this just show which server players checks the forums, not how populated a server is?

Also, I don't think we need a new server tbh.
  • coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    you can almost bet money on a new server coming when the expansion is here

only question is... will we get the expansion right when the chinese do like apparently what was the case with tideborn? if so, it should be at the end of december b:dirty

if not, then probably 3 months after the chinese get it so around march
    edited November 2010
    you can almost bet money on a new server coming when the expansion is here

Of course. It's big money for PWE... all the fail cash shoppers and f2p players will flock to it to try to race to the top and 'be the best'... only to eventually fail like they did on the other servers. There will be a small population of new players... and it'll end up like Archosaur.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    View Poll Results: Which Server do you play & like at most?
    Dreamweaver 41 18.39%
    Harshlands 12 5.38%
    Heavens Tear 38 17.04%
    Lost City 47 21.08%
    Raging Tide 21 9.42%
    Sanctuary 59 26.46%
    Archosaur 5 2.24%

Sums it up...people on arch are way to busy playing the game to come QQ on forums day in and day out...b:laugh
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    We don't need more servers, the newer ones are dead. PWI has lost many players because of bad development decisions. It's already hard to find squads at higher lvls (especially Barbs and Clerics). If new servers start, it will be even worse... I say we need a server merge. b:surrender
  • coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Of course. It's big money for PWE... all the fail cash shoppers and f2p players will flock to it to try to race to the top and 'be the best'... only to eventually fail like they did on the other servers. There will be a small population of new players... and it'll end up like Archosaur.

maybe that argument was prevalent after literally the first 2 servers, but judging by the last two its come to the point now where a lot of accomplished players, and by accomplished I mean players who either pioneered an aspect of the game or mattered to a far more extent at said aspect than you ever did/could/will, have been returning to the game and going there for fun. that fallatical (yes, i know) understanding of what encompasses the new servers always makes me **** myself because of the irony in it. you guys who criticize the new servers for having players who never made it elsewhere can't even find yourselves to play past 40 here before giving up hahaha. you think since you had an alt here it gives you the validity to speak about who the 90s+ are a few months down the line? lolplease. don't feel bad for us , because we feel bad for you. the fewer afk cat shops and lacking aesthetics just serves as a wall for you second generation wannabes so you'll never invade and taint our glory with your lackluster presence. while you beat dead horses about elayne being bald or calvin being asian or whatever the **** it is your worthless trolls go on about, we've got leaders of guilds going william wallace on people in world chat, the **** do you know about billy? i'd rather play with noobs who know they suck than noobs who convinced themselves they don't just because they play on the server that only got the reputation it has today because of the things people who don't even play there anymore did.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Which server should I vote for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    why do people keep saying RT and Arch are dead servers?

I think people underestimate our populations, and throw that phrase around waaay too easily.

I've played to AT LEAST lvl 50 on the following servers:

Harshlands
    Raging Tide
    Archosuar
    Sanctuary

now let's be honest- Sanc was defintly the most populated. The majority of players seemed to all be 90+, and things are slow moving. A majority of the people I met when I first started on that server (other low lvl players) were alts.

Raging Tide, in my extensive experience playing the server, has about 5/8 the population of sanc, which is actually pretty decent considering sanc is arguably the most populated server. Biggest difference is that the levels are more spread out in RT, with a nice distribution of 20-30's, 30-40's, etc.

Harshlands felt to be just a sliver less population than RT. Like RT, a very good distribution of levels. Although I'll admit, it also had alot of alt accounts on it. Only diff was, they wern't alts to other HL accounts, they were alts from carebear servers that wanted to play a PvP server, mainly because of TW changes (me included >.>)

Archosuar was...interesting. I would say it defintly does have the lowest population of any server, primarily because it was released waaaaaaay too close to the release of RT.
    I'd say 60% of people on Arch are alts from other servers, rest are actual new players. Level differences are hilarious. Huge population of 20-49's, almost no 50-89's, then alot of oracled/hypered 90+
    I would still say there was a big enough population for the server to be functional. FC squads were constantly being formed, jus like any other server. Factions had plenty of people. BH squads were formed quickly enough.

All in all, Arch may have a low population compared to other servers, but it's got enough of a player base to be functional.
    Raging Tide is a good server, with a large, and growing, player base.
    Harshlands is also suprisingly populated
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Others have said so before but I didn't notice myself.. but now I do. Sanctuary is shrinking.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    why do people keep saying RT and Arch are dead servers?

Because they are. Get to a decent level and you'll find that out.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    GO TROLLING TIDES!

Even though I don't have a character there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Others have said so before but I didn't notice myself.. but now I do. Sanctuary is shrinking.

Yes, it indeed is, though still the most populated ^^.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • armethil
    armethil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It was one of the first servers, it's normal to be the most populated
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    armethil wrote: »
    It was one of the first servers, it's normal to be the most populated

Your signature... just... facepalm.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    fushii wrote: »
    We MIGHT get a new server(s) in January, but only time will tell. I do think we need more servers due to the populations increases.
    I tried Lost City and got to 5x but decided to move to Dreamweaver, it's by far of a more active and friendly community, plus it's nice to chat outside cities and do quests without all that random and UNWANTED RPK going on, that seems to just get worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse, you get the point. b:surrender

I stopped reading there. You trollin? b:embarrass
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited November 2010

Activity on servers is more ebb/flow than gain/loss I'm starting to realize...

On LC right after the TW changes, it felt like a dead server, and the activity was minimal... however things are even more active in the last 2-3 weeks now... more than it had been even before TW changes. There was also a pretty big boost when a bunch of people from MY-EN came to PWI a few months ago.

It's really hard to judge the activity/population of a server even if you've been playing on it a few months.

I will say that the population isn't as big as it was before annipacks and pwi still hasn't recovered from that mass exodus.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Because they are. Get to a decent level and you'll find that out.

You seem to think that there is a level requirment for having awareness, which obviously means you don't have any b:shutup

There's a few reasons why I can't take you seriosly

1) you say this is a dead game. I doubt you even log on anymore, which means you would have no idea what the current RT population is like. If you log on, that's hysterical. Lemme guess, you occasionally log on to take in the fail? lol

2) I personally believe high lvls are a little detached, especially on servers like RT where there's not such a large endgame population, which would be the group you would hang out with I imagine (more specifically the "doomsayer" endgame players lol)
    Not all of us decided to oracle/hyper/no life our way to endgame, to try and be a factor on a new server, just to find out there's no company way up there at the top.

In my opinion, and i can't stress that enough; you are totally detached from the state of your own server, much less any other servers.
  • Pennince - Lost City
    Pennince - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    haha so much truth in this post! ^