(attempted)POLL: about venomancer class...

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think it should, but nothing we say matters.
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The reflect from normal bramble guard is 60% at lvl 10, 75% with demon. That's insanely op enough on it's own, never mind the **** 200% from hood. Trust me its not 50%, I one shot the sheeet out of myself if I duel a veno and she hoods. My 7k hp disappears before I can even stop attacking if I'm demon sparked QQ Well it's not really one shotting myself, but high aps means I hit myself about 3-4 times before I can stop attacking, so with 200% reflect that's like doing 2-8 demon sparked hits to myself lol. Even GM's have duelled venos and lost because they killed themselves on bramble hood, so yeah it pretty much means you're gonna instantly kill any powerful mellee person hitting you if you hood and they don't instantly realise it. But seriously though (despite my former troll post lol) I don't mind hood too much. I wouldn't particularly like it if they put it into world pvp, but it wouldn't overly bother me. The fact it takes 2 sparks and the fact that you can avoid it if you know what you're doing mean it's a powerful skill but you can get around it, and it's really no worse than many other OP skills or techniques other class's can use. It's not too much of a problem in tw because if you're killing a veno you're aware they're probably going to hood at some point, so you're ready to stop hitting or click an immunity pot or something, and if they do get you with hood the other 5 guys in the squad can attack freely after it wears off and she can't hood again for 30 secs and untill she has the sparks. I do think the cooldown should be longer though, maybe a minute or something. I mean you use it, you're immune to any mellee attacker for 15 secs, then you recast it 15 secs later. So you're basically in anti mellee god mode half the time lol. That makes it too op, if they lengthend cool down I'd not have a problem with it being in open pvp. Bramble guard on the other hand is the very bane of my existance QQ I mean demon bramble returns 75% of my damage back to me in tw from every single bloody person I hit. 75% of a sins damage is more dps than anyone I'm fighting other than another interval sin or a high aps fister can give. Attacking brambled people in TW literally makes me feel ill xD Just killing myself over and over again. You can use a crab meat before you start attacking, this makes you live about 2 seconds longer, charm gives you another couple secs, tree of protection a couple more. But if I'm attacking someone and they're attacking back it's impossible to survive the 10 secs of my charm timer. If I demon spark and auto attack any bm or barb I just kill myself while if I'm lucky ticking their charm. Can kill robes and other LA's but it leaves me half dead and an easy target for a one shot from just about anyone xD Bramble literally ruins tw for sins lol. All you can do is trade lives with one person at a time, usually a cleric. Or aoe on groups of people and instantly kill yourself on bramble xD If bramble worked in open pvp mellee users, especially sins, would be seriously nurfed. Every time you enter a pk fight everyone will have bramble up and you'll just be suiciding over and over again. I really wish they'd remove it from TW lol. If they put it in open pvp i'd quit my sin and role a veno lolz. Or I'd just use the pathetic little girly sin pvp tactic of maze stepping, iron guarding triple sparking, attacking and re-stealthing before immunity to damage wears off. Because I'd actually have to do that to kill anyone with decent hp and lets face it that would ruin pvp for everyone if all sins started doing it because they didn't have a chance otherwise. (on a side note that technique seriously needs nurfing somehow, it's just silly.) lol.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Bramble Guard (*Bramble Hood) reduce damage taken still works, the reflect does not.

Sure you weren't in a duel?

for clarity:
    Bramble Guard lv10:
    Cast a bramble shield of protection on a friendly target. Returns
    60% of melee damage to attackers. Lasts 10 minutes.

Bramble Hood (only one level of this):
    Create an array of magical brambles to return 200% of
    melee damage and reduce damage taken by 75%. Lasts 15 seconds.

and to answer the question asked, i'm 100% certain i wasnt in a duel... the lil assassin dude thought it'd be cute to try pking me while i was grinding or w/e i was doing, and the whole rest of the conflict happened outside SZ, outside duel conditions, with him going and coming from stealth lol. I cannot say for certian if both skills reflected that day, but at least one or the other did, and i'd seen reflect pop up in open world pvp conditions before then as well.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    It's never worked in open map pvp here as long as I have been here and it had been confirmed by a number of venos who were here since the beginning.

I went ahead and found it in the thread dated 2-24-09 Veno's bramble hood got nerfed?!

Lily has been playing PWI since it started. She came over from PW-MY where she had several 10x characters... I trust that she knows what she's talking about.

with that being said, in my "open map pvp" with that assassin (its the one that i remember the best lol) when i reflected it must have been bramble guard, and not hood, that was doing the reflect effect. me Vs. that assassin was a pretty close fight, even with me having a phoenix at the time (our levels were pretty close to eachother and about the same 'crappy' mostly 3* gear and molder or HH weaponry, and even with bramble guard working it was a close fight each time. there were several rounds and i remember him gettin me sometimes and i got him sometimes.)
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    As a sin I can safely say that all reflect damage skills are OP and should never ever be aloud in open pvp. Hell **** allowing them to work in open pvp we should ban them from TW as well. I don't care about duels but it sucks sooo bad in tw not be able to kill anyone without half killing yourself lol. Sins are useless in tw. Least useful class in the game, why? Bramble that's why. If they put bramble in open pvp we'd suck at that two, then all the sins would quit, which would knock off a bout a quarter of the games population lolz. And no more money ligning pwis pockets. The sins hold the power, you know it's true! All our 5 aps cash shoppers have pwi in the palms of their hands, now listen to our demands or taste our daggery wrath!!!

1. NERF BRAMBLE NOOOW!!! SAVE TEH SINS QQ

2. We want tripple spark put back so it doesn't knock you out of stealth plox. I find it too hard to kill venos now that i cant come out of stealth triple sparked with a headhunt QQ it takes a whole 2 seconds almost insetad of the 0.00001 it used to. WTF's that all about... op veno's b:cry

3. Also we want fleshreem fixed, hell we want nixes taken out of the game, we want barbs to have less hp, bms shouldn't be allowed to stun either that's totally cheating, we want psys soul of stunning and vengeance gone, we want the genie skills expell and absolute domain premanantly removed, no class but sins should be allowed to iron guard and we also want more physical and magical defence, extra hp from refining light armour would be nice too.
    That is all, If our demands are not met within the next 38 hours we will QQ more.
    Thank you and goodbye b:bye

P.s. I would also like a move that stops physical damage from hurting me and instantly kills anyone attacking me. lololol i'm just joking about this one that would be so insanely OP it would make sins too powerful and pvp wouldn't even be a challenge any more that would totally break the game lolumad. I'm serious about all the other demands though, so get to it GM's chop/chop.

*busts out two aerosol cans of anti-troll spray and douses this post with it*b:chuckle
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The reflect from normal bramble guard is 60% at lvl 10, 75% with demon. That's insanely op enough on it's own, never mind the **** 200% from hood. Trust me its not 50%, I one shot the sheeet out of myself if I duel a veno and she hoods. My 7k hp disappears before I can even stop attacking if I'm demon sparked QQ Well it's not really one shotting myself, but high aps means I hit myself about 3-4 times before I can stop attacking, so with 200% reflect that's like doing 2-8 demon sparked hits to myself lol. Even GM's have duelled venos and lost because they killed themselves on bramble hood, so yeah it pretty much means you're gonna instantly kill any powerful mellee person hitting you if you hood and they don't instantly realise it. But seriously though (despite my former troll post lol) I don't mind hood too much. I wouldn't particularly like it if they put it into world pvp, but it wouldn't overly bother me. The fact it takes 2 sparks and the fact that you can avoid it if you know what you're doing mean it's a powerful skill but you can get around it, and it's really no worse than many other OP skills or techniques other class's can use. It's not too much of a problem in tw because if you're killing a veno you're aware they're probably going to hood at some point, so you're ready to stop hitting or click an immunity pot or something, and if they do get you with hood the other 5 guys in the squad can attack freely after it wears off and she can't hood again for 30 secs and untill she has the sparks. I do think the cooldown should be longer though, maybe a minute or something. I mean you use it, you're immune to any mellee attacker for 15 secs, then you recast it 15 secs later. So you're basically in anti mellee god mode half the time lol. That makes it too op, if they lengthend cool down I'd not have a problem with it being in open pvp. Bramble guard on the other hand is the very bane of my existance QQ I mean demon bramble returns 75% of my damage back to me in tw from every single bloody person I hit. 75% of a sins damage is more dps than anyone I'm fighting other than another interval sin or a high aps fister can give. Attacking brambled people in TW literally makes me feel ill xD Just killing myself over and over again. You can use a crab meat before you start attacking, this makes you live about 2 seconds longer, charm gives you another couple secs, tree of protection a couple more. But if I'm attacking someone and they're attacking back it's impossible to survive the 10 secs of my charm timer. If I demon spark and auto attack any bm or barb I just kill myself while if I'm lucky ticking their charm. Can kill robes and other LA's but it leaves me half dead and an easy target for a one shot from just about anyone xD Bramble literally ruins tw for sins lol. All you can do is trade lives with one person at a time, usually a cleric. Or aoe on groups of people and instantly kill yourself on bramble xD If bramble worked in open pvp mellee users, especially sins, would be seriously nurfed. Every time you enter a pk fight everyone will have bramble up and you'll just be suiciding over and over again. I really wish they'd remove it from TW lol. If they put it in open pvp i'd quit my sin and role a veno lolz. Or I'd just use the pathetic little girly sin pvp tactic of maze stepping, iron guarding triple sparking, attacking and re-stealthing before immunity to damage wears off. Because I'd actually have to do that to kill anyone with decent hp and lets face it that would ruin pvp for everyone if all sins started doing it because they didn't have a chance otherwise. (on a side note that technique seriously needs nurfing somehow, it's just silly.) lol.

Oh. My. God.

Spacing, please.
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh. My. God.

Spacing, please.

Sorry... b:surrender Got a little carried away. I just hate that darn bramble so much b:cry
    It drives me into a QQ'ing frenzy which I must write a wall of text to satiate.
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    my apologies about another long post lol, but to lay it all out on one table, here goes...

and to compare skills as i've seen several people doing here:

all skills are lv10 (to keep things relatively simple)

BM's 2spark skills:
    Heaven's flame: ...dealing base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 4135.7. Damages all enemies
    within 12 meters of the target and causes them to suffer 100% of that
    damage over 6 seconds. (this is a 100% curse effect, similar to extreme poison)

myriad sword stance:
    adds 200% weapon physical damage your base physical damage plus an additional 6096.8 damaging all enemies and reducing their physical and magical attack 50% for 15 seconds.

wiz's biggest 2spark skill, Black Ice Dragon Strike:
    Water damage equal to base magic damage plus 500% of weapon
    damage plus 9648.9. Has a 95% chance to slow enemies by 60% for 8.0 seconds.

archer would kinda be like comparing apples and oranges, since archers 2spark skills are either a constant cast aoe or a 30 second DoT effect.

cleric's tempest: ...inflicting Metal damage
    equal to your base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 9337.1.
    Has a 95% chance to cause a 8.0 second reduction in speed of 60%.

barb's perdition/armageddon: Consume all ones Chi, and trade half of all HP and mana for a massive
    attack to all targets in a range of 12 meters from the caster.
    Inflicts 4000 physical damage. Each point of HP
    and mana consumed in casting adds an additional 4.0 damage.
    (consider how much HP a barb would/should have, and thats one big hit.)

assassin's headhunt (which btw they can do 3sparked all day long without spark pots or anything, just their skilltree):
    Deals a damage equals to your basic attack plus
    100% gear attack and another
    6716.9 physical attack.
    Stun enemy for 5.0 seconds.

psychics (an odd bunch.. kinda like assassin's lol.. but thats part of what makes TB different):
    Tide Spirit: Increases your magic weapon damage by 100% for 15 seconds.
    Also increases channeling speed for 6 seconds. Costs two sparks.

Red Tide: Deals base magic damage plus 200%
    of weapon damage plus 6295.8
    Water damage to all targets within 8 meters.
    Has a 80% chance to cause them to bleed
    for damage equals to your Soulforce over 9 seconds.
    (a lv100 psy with no refines would have 15,000 soulforce according to ecatomb's character calc)

and for veno (saved for last because its the topic of the thread)
    Summon a toxic parasite array to attack the target and all
    enemies in a 12.0 meter radius around the target. Inflicts
    Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon
    damage plus 4564.9. Has a 67% chance to make them chaotic for
    8.0 seconds, in which they are unable to move or attack.
    considerably less attack power on this 2spark skill when all things considered

and more on topic, the infamous bramble hood:
    even as just a 75% dmg reduction this skill has its uses. but with no defensive buff other than maybe foxform, i fail to see where its wrong that this skill is in the veno's skilltree.

the below paragraph is about the reflect effect
    and no it dosent take 2sparks but its quite on topic, bramble guard:
    with no defensive buffs really to speak of other than maybe foxform, (which gives up magical attacks for some pdef)... bramble guard is veno's defensive buff, just like the MANY other defensive buffs ingame that i could list but i think this post is beyond long enough lol.
    is it right that everyone else's defensive buffs have an effect in every aspect of the game, but veno's defensive buff don't work at all in open map situations?

the above paragraph is about the reflect effect
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    My opinion (100% completely biased, since I play a venomancer) is that it's not overpowered. People complain that they kill themselves on Bramble in 1 or 2 hits. Duh! It''s a 2 spark skill! Barbarians kill people in 1 hit with Armageddon. Blademasters kill people in 1-2 hits with Heaven's Flame. Clerics kill people in 1 hit with Tempest. Wizards kill people in 1 hit with Blade Tempest or Black Ice Dragon Strike. Me? My skill doesn't do anything at all. Mine doesn't even kill people in 50 hits, because it's useless. That's overpowered? OK.

I notice you didn't list archer's two spark skill.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    Sorry... (surrender removed due to a 4 smiley limit) Got a little carried away. I just hate that darn bramble so much b:cry
    It drives me into a QQ'ing frenzy which I must write a wall of text to satiate.
    b:chuckle

i also dont like that an assassin can 3spark then do a couple lv59 ultimates and end up with a triple sparked 2spark attack (sage/demon sparked headhunt with chill of the deep on any1? lol)

but really, if i'm fighting an assassin or even bm, and they 3spark.. as a veno i'm gona try and purge that spark off and make their 3sparks be wasted, or i'm going to run butt and kite 'em while they're 3sparked.. i'm not gona just stand there.

same goes for if reflect worked in pvp (wether just guard or hood+guard)... when the veno bramble hoods, if someone stands there continuing to hit with melee attacks, then its their own silly-ness that killed 'em, just like if i were to stand still and not purge or kite when a BM or assn (or any1 really) blew 3 sparks and i didnt do anything about it or to counter it, it'd be my silly-ness that killed me lol.

and TBH, assassins have the perfect way to wait out the 15sec bramble hood selfbuff, called stealth b:chuckle

it is nice to see a mostly civil discussion about this topic b:pleased
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010

just my $0.02, but archer's 2spark skills are kinda like apples and most other classes 2spark skills are like oranges, IJS b:chuckle

like stormrage eaglon, a pretty considerable dmg skill, but its a 30 second damage over time attack.

and there's barrage, but its a constant cast skill.

and there's wings of grace, but its a purely survival skill that dosent have an attack or reflect element to it.

(these things are also why i didnt list archer skills in my monster post comparing skills, but archers do have other tricks to 1-2 shot other classes in their skilltree, just not ones that take 2 sparks... unless maybe you try 1-2 shotting a person with barrage mby? hehe)
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

For 2 reasons.

1) I wasn't trying to make an exhaustive list of every 2 spark skill. I also didn't list psychic or assassin skills. I felt like I had made my point which was simply that most or all 2 spark skills are extremely powerful and perhaps overpowered in some situations. An overpowered 2 spark skill isn't unique to the venomancer. What's unique is that the venomancer's doesn't really work.

2) I've never played an archer past level 3, so I don't even know what their 2 spark skills are besides Barrage.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    For 2 reasons.

1) I wasn't trying to make an exhaustive list of every 2 spark skill. I also didn't list psychic or assassin skills. I felt like I had made my point which was simply that most or all 2 spark skills are extremely powerful and perhaps overpowered in some situations. An overpowered 2 spark skill isn't unique to the venomancer. What's unique is that the venomancer's doesn't really work.

2) I've never played an archer past level 3, so I don't even know what their 2 spark skills are besides Barrage.

so basically you list all the skills that you consider to be "better" then bramble... and yet leave out the ****test skill in game. now... you don't see us archers complaining... so you can either deal with it... or continue to make yourself look like an idiot.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    for clarity:
    Bramble Guard lv10:

Bramble Hood (only one level of this):

and to answer the question asked, i'm 100% certain i wasnt in a duel... the lil assassin dude thought it'd be cute to try pking me while i was grinding or w/e i was doing, and the whole rest of the conflict happened outside SZ, outside duel conditions, with him going and coming from stealth lol. I cannot say for certian if both skills reflected that day, but at least one or the other did, and i'd seen reflect pop up in open world pvp conditions before then as well.

Umm... Yeah, I realized I have a typo, you don't need to list the skills.... I do have a lvl 90 veno.

What part of "it's never worked in open map PvP in PWI" do you fail to grasp?

As for your recollections, perhaps you were fighting or aggroed a mob that was near or spawned next to the sin and saw reflect from that. Perhaps it glitched, however Bramble Hood reflect and Bramble Guard have never worked in open map PvP anytime someone has thought so and actually gone out to test it.

Your insistence that it worked is no different than saying, 'if you die in rebirth you're going to get ported to 1k, so don't die'. Except that's not really a glitch even, that's just the a 'feature' of the way client/server mechanics work.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so basically you list all the skills that you consider to be "better" then bramble... and yet leave out the ****test skill in game. now... you don't see us archers complaining... so you can either deal with it... or continue to make yourself look like an idiot.

I'll let someone else decide who the idiot is.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    just my $0.02, but archer's 2spark skills are kinda like apples and most other classes 2spark skills are like oranges, IJS b:chuckle

like stormrage eaglon, a pretty considerable dmg skill, but its a 30 second damage over time attack.

and there's barrage, but its a constant cast skill.

and there's wings of grace, but its a purely survival skill that dosent have an attack or reflect element to it.

(these things are also why i didnt list archer skills in my monster post comparing skills, but archers do have other tricks to 1-2 shot other classes in their skilltree, just not ones that take 2 sparks... unless maybe you try 1-2 shotting a person with barrage mby? hehe)

so... archers's direct/damage over time stormrage is like apples to oranges when compared to veno's bramble... which reflect damage.

and yet wiz's direct damage bid... can be compared to veno's reflect? so are these both oranges.

wiz's bid or any other class's direct damage skill is more related to archer's stormrage... as all these skills is dependent of the user's weapon. unlike the veno... where bramble's damage is dependent of the opponents' weapon.

• Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It's never worked in open map pvp here as long as I have been here and it had been confirmed by a number of venos who were here since the beginning.

I went ahead and found it in the thread dated 2-24-09 Veno's bramble hood got nerfed?!

Lily has been playing PWI since it started. She came over from PW-MY where she had several 10x characters... I trust that she knows what she's talking about.

Tsk I really don't think that it has never worked I remember it working when I was a newblet well more newblet then I am now anyway :P The post is dated in febuary and several people on there say its been nerfed for awhile right on the thread which pretty much what I said. But it HAS worked before I have in fact used it in TW way back when it wasn't long after I did that it was nerfed. And Michael I am so sure I told you this before I have played since PWI started er well a few days after ob came open anyway. While I don't have the rap sheet of the people on MY as I never played it changes made on MY have no bearing on PWI at all. Soooooo I don't know why you would bring up having experience in MY as a reputable source for the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    Umm... Yeah, I realized I have a typo, you don't need to list the skills.... I do have a lvl 90 veno.
    i didnt know that so i posted the skill descriptions, n besides.. not everyone has a lv90 veno like us so they may not have known either :)

What part of "it's never worked in open map PvP in PWI" do you fail to grasp?
    the part of me having personally seen it work on a player in open map pvp on multiple occasions, and barbs n bm's of the time were complaining about veno reflect, just not lately.

As for your recollections, perhaps you were fighting or aggroed a mob that was near or spawned next to the sin and saw reflect from that. Perhaps it glitched, however Bramble Hood reflect and Bramble Guard have never worked in open map PvP anytime someone has thought so and actually gone out to test it.
    wasnt any mobs around in the assassin fight that i recalled and have mentioned, so it couldn't have been reflect on mobs.

Your insistence that it worked is no different than saying, 'if you die in rebirth you're going to get ported to 1k, so don't die'. Except that's not really a glitch even, that's just the a 'feature' of the way client/server mechanics work.

and my "insistence" is based on my personal experience so ofc i'm gona say i've seen it work on multiple occasions :)

you swear its never worked, i swear i've seen it work (just not in a while). i propose we agree to disagree on the topic and leave it at that for civility's sake b:cool
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    so... archers's direct/damage over time stormrage is like apples to oranges when compared to veno's bramble... which reflect damage.

and yet wiz's direct damage bid... can be compared to veno's reflect? so are these both oranges.

wiz's bid or any other class's direct damage skill is more related to archer's stormrage... as all these skills is dependent of the user's weapon. unlike the veno... where bramble's damage is dependent of the opponents' weapon.

except the skills i did include are a "big OP" killing skill that is actually used in pvp because they have the potential to do large amounts of damage in a short time either by shooting them or reflecting their own melee damage back on them. stormrage takes 30 seconds to do its damage, so no it dosent compare in the context of the post. i also stated that i meant no offense to archers, and that they have other skills that can do considerable damage in a short time (2 or 3 sparked deadly shot or take aim any1?), just not skills that directly require 2 sparks to cast. sorry archers dont have a skill that really compares in that context, and that uses two sparks, and if that offends you maybe you should start a thread about archer lv59 skills :D

at least all your 2 spark skills actually do as their description reads, and does it in all places PWIb:chuckle
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    yeah lol...
    just got 1shot by an assassin while wearing heavy armor.

and they complain about reflect being OPb:shutup

and that ^.^ is exactly why veno's defensive buff(s) should fully work in the game in all places.

was prolly someone doing the same thing i've thought of doing, except my motive would be for different reasons lol.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    bramble guard im not concerned about but bramble hood is just OP, i can remember ages ago back on pw-my when it was active in open pk, some1 tried to pk me at some point, i just stuck bramble hood on, had the insane reduce in damage recieved while he just chunked his HP away and all i did was hit once or twice and it was game over, the skill is fine as it is.

Only dumb sins, bms and barbs would die. And dumb people deserves to lose anyway.
  • xxxdsmer
    edited November 2010
    Only dumb sins, bms and barbs would die. And dumb people deserves to lose anyway.

exactly. lol

you havta stand there continuing to hit the veno in order to get reflected.
    other options: kite the veno, go to stealth, invoke, there's all kinda things to do just like ppl do when they can, and see an assassin or BM 3spark. b:chuckle
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I agree whenever I would put that up the BM would stun me and the barb would just walk away until the 10 seconds of hood was up I really never saw how OP it was when you could just prevent me from making it useful. I personally think it should still be useful although I ain't going to bother people will complain about everything anyway even if its not even that bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Tsk I really don't think that it has never worked I remember it working when I was a newblet well more newblet then I am now anyway :P The post is dated in febuary and several people on there say its been nerfed for awhile right on the thread which pretty much what I said. But it HAS worked before I have in fact used it in TW way back when it wasn't long after I did that it was nerfed. And Michael I am so sure I told you this before I have played since PWI started er well a few days after ob came open anyway. While I don't have the rap sheet of the people on MY as I never played it changes made on MY have no bearing on PWI at all. Soooooo I don't know why you would bring up having experience in MY as a reputable source for the subject.

Bramble reflect has always and continues to work in TW.

you swear its never worked, i swear i've seen it work (just not in a while). i propose we agree to disagree on the topic and leave it at that for civility's sake b:cool

/facepalm

Apparently you didn't read the thread. It was a page and a half of assumptions that it had been nerfed, Lily came in and set the facts straight which nobody contested, then it turned into a Veno being OP QQ thread.

Lily has been a hardcore PW farmer/player long before PWI even opened a server. I'll take her post as fact with only a few noobs in that thread not knowing what the hell they're talking about.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • xxxdsmer
    edited January 2011
    and as i've said before, i've seen it work in open world pvp on numerous occasions. it dosent matter how much you try to troll or get a flamewar started, until a developer comes in this thread, tells me i'm insane and was hallucinating, i know what i saw as fact.

and it is still my belief that these skills should work everywhere in the game, they are in the skilltree for a reason.

otherwise lets take out stuns+dragon from the bm skilltree for open world pvp too.
    and heals out of the cleric's skilltree for open world pvp.
    and lets make true form and beast kings inspiration not work while outside of SZ in the world map.
    and i could go on and on, including a 3.33 or lower APS cap and no skills or anything can increase the APS higher than that.

if its in the skilltree of the classes, it should work (with the exception of knockback effects... that could really be misused lol... will of the phoenix and knock back 30 people at once) but veno skills.. they're not as OP as people would like everyone to think. you see a big green animation and a pulsating white ring around a veno? gtf away from the veno for 15 seconds or die... just like you'd rush **** over to a wizard you see channeling black ice dragon strike to try and stun 'em to interupt the skill, or an assassin'd try canceling it with knife throw... except in this case you just stun the veno and walk away for the 15 seconds rather than stand there like an idiot swinging away killing yourself on a skill that costs the veno 2 sparks just like any other ultimate in the game.

and FYI: my point of view on this would be the same even if my "main" weren't a veno.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and as i've said before, i've seen it work in open world pvp on numerous occasions. it dosent matter how much you try to troll or get a flamewar started, until a developer comes in this thread, tells me i'm insane and was hallucinating, i know what i saw as fact.

and it is still my belief that these skills should work everywhere in the game, they are in the skilltree for a reason.

otherwise lets take out stuns+dragon from the bm skilltree for open world pvp too.
    and heals out of the cleric's skilltree for open world pvp.
    and lets make true form and beast kings inspiration not work while outside of SZ in the world map.
    and i could go on and on, including a 3.33 or lower APS cap and no skills or anything can increase the APS higher than that.

if its in the skilltree of the classes, it should work (with the exception of knockback effects... that could really be misused lol... will of the phoenix and knock back 30 people at once) but veno skills.. they're not as OP as people would like everyone to think. you see a big green animation and a pulsating white ring around a veno? gtf away from the veno for 15 seconds or die... just like you'd rush **** over to a wizard you see channeling black ice dragon strike to try and stun 'em to interupt the skill, or an assassin'd try canceling it with knife throw... except in this case you just stun the veno and walk away for the 15 seconds rather than stand there like an idiot swinging away killing yourself on a skill that costs the veno 2 sparks just like any other ultimate in the game.

and FYI: my point of view on this would be the same even if my "main" weren't a veno.

So what if I had 1k health left, hit the veno in an attempt to stun, and get killed in the process b:shocked? Oh wait I know I will just run away as fast as possible....Nevermind the veno hit me with one of her spells and killed me anyway b:sad.

What makes BG so annoying, is the fact that it cannot be countered with skills, seeing as attacking is futile, while the venomancer is free to kill you with spells or with a phoenix( if they have one)in your attempt to run away(although assassins have better luck due to stealth).

Now you may be say, "What about invoke b:angry"? Well unlike BG, the caster is slowed down immensely so that you can in most circumstances get away without taking a hit,so at least the playing level is balanced.

Although this may seem irrelevant, SoulBurn is also very much the same, but the difference between "it" and BG, is the fact that it only last a few seconds, rather than 15 seconds (Now imagine how OP that would beb:surrender).Also, the target even while taking damage, may still have a chance of defeating the psychic because there is no damage reduction unlike the venomancers.

All things considered BG in almost every way can be considered very OP. Also I apologize if I am talking about the wrong bramble. I can never remember which one is which.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Solution: Go duel or do TW. PK is for failures.

And lol, Venomancers are still OP anyway, L2P.

Better to fix or remove swimming mastery, TBH.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hellkn
    hellkn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    OMFG... If veno have a half fix and half percentage as reflect value, like cleric/wizard heals, i'll not need to be ban from pvp anymore...

Consider reflect based on physical defense's percentage plus a fixed value according to skill level and you'll get the idea how to not be overpowered any more.

Simple like that. :)
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't care about open PvP, I just want the reflects's to both work in TW, like they do now. I love using an anti-stun pot, putting on Bramble and Hood, going in Fox Form and just running into all their BM's. :>
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Solution: Go duel or do TW. PK is for failures.

And lol, Venomancers are still OP anyway, L2P.

Better to fix or remove swimming mastery, TBH.

venomancers are only good if you dont just get 1shoted by the other class so...
    after rep sale...
    b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.