Question About Archer Knockback

MrHawtStuff - Dreamweaver
MrHawtStuff - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Archer
I have noticed recently that my Knockback skills dont seem to work when I am in a dungeon. But a Psychic's does. Would anyone happen to know why??
Post edited by MrHawtStuff - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Does it look like it works but the mob just runs back really fast? If so, thats not your fault, its just the mob can run back fast and can cover the distance you knocked it back fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • MrHawtStuff - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    They dont move at all. I use knockback arrow and wingspan and they dont even flinch.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh, ok i think i know what happened. You said there was a psy in the squad, so what might of happened was the psy used Glacial Shards - a move that makes the mobs unable to move (you might of saw a purple circle under the mob) and when you used your knockback skills, they cant move because they are frozen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited November 2010
    I am currently doing a BH 39, no psy, and i am the only archer. And the knockback just seems to not work when i am the only one attacking a mob in there :P

I dunno if its just an issue with Archers, because i know a barb's knockback also worked....
  • Malord - Heavens Tear
    Malord - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Mebbe ur shot is whats called missing cause my knockbak misses all the time on my wiz b:cry
    Fashion Mastery

"The skill for fashion tailoring. A master who is proficient in
    producing fashion can make the most eye-catching, colorful clothes around!"
    edited November 2010
    The hit connects. I'm not new the game. I just havent played an archer in a while.
  • /Eclipse - Harshlands10
    /Eclipse - Harshlands10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    In all dungeons are mobs that cant be knocked back (but seal works). This applies not to all dungeon mobs but about 50% of them are immun to knockback-skills.
    edited November 2010
    But doesnt make sense how a Psy can knockback a mob...and when i try to on the same mob, it doesnt to **** >.>
  • /Eclipse - Harshlands10
    /Eclipse - Harshlands10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The Psychic cant knock it back too. But if Soul of Silence (or any other seal-skill) triggers the mob will run away.
    edited November 2010
    In the BH i was in earlier, a psy knockbacked a mob i couldnt.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As Eclipse said this is same situation , im an archer myself , knockback has 50-50 chances to be applied . at times this can happen to aim low as well or even stun , though usually stuns work perfectly especialy BM ones

there is a new glitch in PW - YAY b:angry - that makes mobs with the silence status move back , this sometimes happens with freeze in BH 39 as well

this also applies to venomancer pets l ,

No psys are not OP , no they cant do special things u cant ( not that ur post implied sth like that )

It's just another story from the crypt with PW bugs , let's all hope they will be solved in the future
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    there is a new glitch in PW - YAY b:angry - that makes mobs with the silence status move back , this sometimes happens with freeze in BH 39 as well
    It's not a glitch; it's been there at least since I got my silence move. It's simply that silences have a "fear" effect that makes them run.
    Why? you ask.
    Why not?
    If you could not attack, yet still move, would you not run from the person hitting you?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    When play with class that have silents try use it on mob, they will run away as long as the silence is there. b:laugh
    When first using it (not inside instance) i am surprised that instead of stop using skills the mob run away. b:laugh Looks like silence on PW is not just make them unable to cast skill but also unable to attack. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    SOME years ago , silence didnt make the mob run back , neither nova nor Force of will had that effect , it's a glitch b:bye

typhyse : ur thinking is logical stil lthat didnt used to happen before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As far as knockback goes, some mobs can be knocked back, some cant. Also as far as stun/aim low goes, there is always a 5% chance that it might fail which could explain this at times. On the same note, I have seen a BM's stun fail too :P.

AFAIK sealing a target usually forces the mob to move back a bit. Has always been the case since i started playing.
  • Lono_archer - Sanctuary
    Lono_archer - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the effects of knockback arrow wont work on melee mobs in bhs,b:sad
    but it will work against range mobs. b:laugh
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As far as knockback goes, some mobs can be knocked back, some cant..

simply as that. i do get annoyed when i cant knock some back though they killing me -_-
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    simple answer version:

some mobs are too heavy to knockback. I've had this problem before, and almost always, the mob I cant knockback is something very big.
  • Kataguruma - Harshlands
    Kataguruma - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am currently doing a BH 39, no psy, and i am the only archer. And the knockback just seems to not work when i am the only one attacking a mob in there :P

I dunno if its just an issue with Archers, because i know a barb's knockback also worked....

knockback dont work on certain mob of this bh