The wedding, big joke and rip off (read here if your failed)

Options
2»

Comments

• Zahlee - Lost City
    Zahlee - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    100 years ago we didn't have TV, but if I go to the store and buy a TV, I expect it to work properly. If it doesn't, I expect more from customer service than, "Oh, yeah, that model doesn't work. Sorry. Ask your neighbor if he can fix it."

I agree with this 100%. Personally i havn't used the wedding feature, and i havn't been to a wedding yet, but i lurk these forums and i have seen so many people spend so much time and effort into getting the money to use this wedding chapel feature, and all they get is one glitch after another. It should be fixed, there should be better customer support and you should not have to read a guide in order to complete a wedding quest.

HOWEVER.....lol

If people know that the quest is so glitchy, why do people continue to use the damn thing and then complain it didn't work? If you know that the guy who owns the TV store is dodgy, and sells dodgy TV's, why do you still choose to go to that store? lol Granted the first people through weren't to know, but by now, it's pretty much common knowledge as far as i'm aware. Even if i was planning to get married in game, i wouldn't touch that quest with a hundred foot pole until i knew for certain that it had been fixed completely.

Is it just because people like to gamble with the chance that the quest MIGHT work so they can get the fashion and various other rewards? If so, then i suppose that you have to be content with the fact that it didn't work for you, since you went in knowing that it was likely to fail in the first place. It's sad, and it shouldn't have to be like that, i know. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If people know that the quest is so glitchy, why do people continue to use the damn thing and then complain it didn't work? If you know that the guy who owns the TV store is dodgy, and sells dodgy TV's, why do you still choose to go to that store? lol Granted the first people through weren't to know, but by now, it's pretty much common knowledge as far as i'm aware. Even if i was planning to get married in game, i wouldn't touch that quest with a hundred foot pole until i knew for certain that it had been fixed completely.

I understand what your saying zahlee, but not everyone does know the chapel is glitchy as people have also "completed" it which inspires other people to try it as well.

The whole issue here is the *cutting this part out* horrible staff here, the terrible customer service and the sheer greed of the company who care nothing for the players needs. I'm not going to give you any examples, it's not to hard to think of 5.

If the staff here want to be like that, then fine. However I do not think it is right to "steal" our money in fault products, at least refund the coin. on a side note, it is A LOT of coin and frankly I do not think it is right in anyway or form they refuse to at least refund the coin which takes a few clicks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This bothers me as well. We got married when it first came out, so no one really knew what we were supposed to do. There were no guides, and no one to give advice. Of course it failed. We now advise everyone when we attend weddings, but it doesn't correct ours.

This is not a normal dungeon run, and to treat it as such is disrespectful to the players and the game itself. There should not be a "learning curve" on a once-in-a-character's lifetime event. It's not as if we're going to pay to do it again.

I did my research, and thought I had it down pat. We did not realize how powerful the boyfriend was that spawns and I thought you had to pay for him to spawn.

Well we did kill him and all mobs but no ring. He glitched and disappeared, and we had no idea the rings were for the OTHER person to click on, it just kept saying I could not dig my own ring.

I really wanted those rings and outfit. I know I can bid on the outfit when it's in the bidding hall, and will but..really wanted the ring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Last night while helping a friend do BH51, I GM popped into our instance and asked for me.
    I was shocked at first lol, but from what I can gather everything should be sorted soon hopefully and these people will get their rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "It should be fixed, there should be better customer support and you should not have to read a guide in order to complete a wedding quest."

Keyword : Should.

Everything in the game "should" work fine. But like in all mmo's i've played, they aren't.

When i first started this game, i HAD to come to these forums to know how to farm mats and what to do with them, how to combine, how to make gear, how to do certain quests...etc etc.

There is no way in hell anyone who starts this game can simply get by and NOT read these forums or get help from within a faction/friends.

It's the same deal with the "packs". Risk buying it or not ? You might get something, or might not. Reading the forums you KNOW you probably lose on it and get unlucky, but still people try.

Same with weddings/chapel. You KNOW by coming here that there are glitches and things probably get messy. But still people try it.

If there's one thing i've learned in this game it's this : When people here on the forums say it's either glitched, bad, or not worth the real life cash : do NOT do it.

This game "should" be FUN. But getting all beat up about something that really isn't worth it aint for me. The only reason i still play this game is just because i don't do things and don't invest in things that are not glitch-free or worthwile.

Lucky for you you might get your reward(s) this time. But imagine getting NO support at all while spending loads of RL cash ? Would YOU buy a car and then hear that the engine "might or might not" work ? Or that the brakes "might/might not" function ?.... I don't think so, so why try it here then ?

Wait till the new "expansion" comes out... that'll be oh so much fun again. Like the TB who only had limited skills, the quests glitching, etc etc. We're gonna experience it all over again while the administration joyfully hands out "packs" and "blessings" and what not to the more fortunate of players who are willing to pay through the nose for pixels on their screen. Lmao.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well...maybe I'm missing something, but they've never just plain told us exactly how to do dungeons and quests. This is why we have so many instance guides - Nirvana, Lunar, fbs, etc. They've never spelled out how you should play the game, don't think that this should be any different. If you screwed up on a quest, and the ****-up was because of your own ignorance (not intending to be used as an offensive terms here, mind you), then that's kind of your own fault. Just like in any other instance, people need to read up before they go in, or they might fail. And if they do fail, again, it's their own fault.

And if it was a true glitch that caused it to fail, then yes, you have a valid arguement. But I doubt it was a glitch in most cases. Not saying that there aren't glitches, but I do think most failures in this game are due to mistakes made on the players' parts.

Was at 2 weddings today. Both failed... Meh what a waste...
    If people know that the quest is so glitchy, why do people continue to use the damn thing and then complain it didn't work?
    After the two awsome* ceremonies today... is the 1st time I heard it's glitched. I doubt there's a notice on the quest when booking for the weeding "Hey ...% chance to glitch! Enjoy your wedding. NOT"
    & I highly doubt the two couples knew either.

I realise if it was me having the ceremony, I'd probly have searched the forums & see it's messed up, but not everyone does & I have also talked to some who have completed it just fine...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Was at 2 weddings today. Both failed... Meh what a waste...

After the two awsome* ceremonies today... is the 1st time I heard it's glitched. I doubt there's a notice on the quest when booking for the weeding "Hey ...% chance to glitch! Enjoy your wedding. NOT"
    & I highly doubt the two couples knew either.

I realise if it was me having the ceremony, I'd probly have searched the forums & see it's messed up, but not everyone does & I have also talked to some who have completed it just fine...

If they failed, as in, you couldn't get in, like Bwanden mentioned in his other thread - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=911282&highlight=wedding
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Dark_/
cher - Lost City9
    Dark_/ cher - Lost City9 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    has any one else been ripped off by a glitch in the system? I know I was today when it failed cause of connection issues.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Necro. If you have a question, just make a new thread next time rather than posting in an old one.

/inb4lock
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.