Need some tips here ;)

Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver
Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
Well I would like some tips about this. Atm I dont know what stones to put in 2 TT99 gold items, wristband and boots.

The link with all the items and stuff is here:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f1e6200676891ece

About items:

Atm I already have TT99 gold boots and TT99 wristband (4/2 sockets respectively). I am planning in ignoring all the other lunarglade parts 95/ TT gold ones atm.

about refining, I want to get at least +4 in most of this items, not counting necklace of legion. I am also planning in getting another lunarglade ring when I have the money to spare.

About skills:

I am a demon venomancer, having this skills upgraded already to demon:

-Bramble guard, summer sprint, fox form, amplify damage, purge, nature's grace, venomous scarab, ironwood scarab, noxious gaz.

Already have 3 books 99 to learn more skills at 99: Parasitic nova, lending hand and Metabolic boost.

The only skill that I would still want to learn besides all this ones is ofc demon lucky scarab. I am planning in getting it someday.

About playstyle:

I always favor pve over pvp also. I am that kind of veno that likes to be able to handle a AOE just to go in and amplify a boss. I also like to spam myriad (both fox form and normal one) a lot during a squad playing

Soo what I want to hear more opinions about is this:

I want to know, how good is diamond of dragon in armor instead of the usuall hp stones/phy def stones? Cause I never consider them until now and I am not really sure how it would work out. It was my ideia to use phy def stones in the 4 armors and hp stones on the helm + cape, but now... I dont know no more.

EDITED [ edited with more information soo that people can have a better ideia of what I want later on]
Post edited by Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DarkJess - Lost City
    DarkJess - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    id go for half hp and half physical defence (mostly hp) since your PVE ;)
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I cant really give an opinion on DoDs, but id say you need to shard with 100% garnets. Especially with only 4k p def buffed in human. Anyways do that, and refine your armor till you have 5k hp and you should be good. With your current 4.7k hp it shouldnt be to hard to refine 300 more hp.
    >.<
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Tbh, it'd be a little easier to advise if you shared out your build on pwcalc as opposed to just a screenshot so we can see a little better exactly what you've got.

But...

A lot of it depends on what you're planning on getting and refining.

It looks like you're using a necklace of the legion there, which I'd recommend swapping out. You should be able to find a cheap -6% channel necklace and a decent p.def necklace and swap them back and forth depending on the circumstances.

Your hp looks a little on the low side, so I'd recommend either refining your gear up a bit or getting some decent hp stones. Usually 5k hp unbuffed is considered a minimum.

P.def doesn't seem to be as important in strict PvE and decent refines on a necklace and belt can make up for it. Also look for p.def mods on other gear, such as the the lunar magic rings. Due to the buffs you have on, I'm not sure what your base p.def is...

The diamond of dragon works well if your defense level is greater than the attack level of your opponent. I remember reading a thread (either in the cleric section or general) about this, and the jist of it was that DoDs are worth it if you stack them, but not as worth it if you don't. They work by granting you an additional percentage to your defenses. Although for lower defenses, I think it's more worth it to use either hp or p.def, depending on the rest of your gear choices.
  • Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver
    Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    my first post was edited with more information and also more acurate ones.

The people that already posted on this topic were pmed in order to give a better judgment based in the details I gave.