cube of fate

Options
Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
Foxieee_trek - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
so to lvl a pet i should use cube of fate right?
but is there any way to make sure i get in the right room?

thx for reading :)
b:pleased
venomacer lvl 80b:pleased
assasin lvl62b:victory
Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
Post edited by Foxieee_trek - Harshlands on

Comments

• miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    To level a pet in one of the fastest (albeit boring) way is to use room 4 of the Cube of Fate. No, there's no way to make sure you get in the right room because the dice is random. You will get it eventually though. If you go past that room, just kill yourself in one of the possible rooms ahead and you'll start back in room 1.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    At your level it shouldn't be a problem for you to level up yours pets, unless you have a lot of pets you want to keep up to your level and/or level up too fast because of the Bounty Hunter quests. Training your pet in Cube of Fate is extremely boring and has no profit. I would recommend you to train your pets in the normal way. You'll have more fun and be able to get DQ drops as well for money and DQ points. Cube of Fate is only really needed at higher levels though I still train my Hercules on normal mobs while questing/grinding but I do use the Cube of Fate for the other pets that are starting to fall behind in level. I would also use it if I had tamed a low level pet and had to get it to my level (or close to it) as fast as possible so I can have fun with it...

Concerning your answer, unfortunately, there is no way to ensure your getting into room 4 and sometimes you might have to burn a few dice tickets (and therefore money, if you buy them) so I usually try it twice and leave if I don't manage to receive the right dice, except if there's absolute necessity to get into that room. The dice you need to get into the room is Dice Cube: 3 (or Dice Cube: 2 if you are in room 2). If you receive a different dice number, use it and try to kill yourself when you enter the room. You can also use Town Portal but I personally keep it because you might get into a room you can't die and thus you'll have to wait for Town Portal's cooldown.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh the pain of the cube.. 14 more levels on my violet panther to go ~_~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The dice you need to get into the room is Dice Cube: 3 (or Dice Cube: 2 if you are in room 2).

Or Dice Cube: 1 if you are in room 3. Room 2 is digging chests, room 3 is killing a certain number of mobs near your level (pay attention to what the quest says, there are a number of different levels of mobs in the room, each with a slightly different name.)

Total chance of getting to room 4 without passing it:

1/6 (rolled 3) + 2*1/6*1/6 (rolled 1 and 2 in either order) + 1/6*1/6*1/6 (rolled 3 1s in a row) =
    1/6 + 2/36 + 1/216 = 36/216 + 12/216 + 1/216 = 49/216 ~= 22.7%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why thats very interesting to know Mayfly. Please intrigue us more with your awesome math.
  • DarkJess - Lost City
    DarkJess - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    wow mayfly the math master O_O

thanks for that hun xD made my head hurt a lil anyways

I personally only use cube when my pet is 7-8 levels behind me or more and i need it my level
    other times i just use it for the free tele to arch! xD
  • Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    thx for all the info i'l train my kowlin ^^ and i will catch one of those glacial walkers ^^b:pleased

thankyou again
    grtz foxiee
    Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
    edited November 2010
    Options
    At your level it shouldn't be a problem for you to level up yours pets, unless you have a lot of pets you want to keep up to your level and/or level up too fast because of the Bounty Hunter quests. Training your pet in Cube of Fate is extremely boring and has no profit. I would recommend you to train your pets in the normal way. You'll have more fun and be able to get DQ drops as well for money and DQ points. Cube of Fate is only really needed at higher levels though I still train my Hercules on normal mobs while questing/grinding but I do use the Cube of Fate for the other pets that are starting to fall behind in level. I would also use it if I had tamed a low level pet and had to get it to my level (or close to it) as fast as possible so I can have fun with it...

Concerning your answer, unfortunately, there is no way to ensure your getting into room 4 and sometimes you might have to burn a few dice tickets (and therefore money, if you buy them) so I usually try it twice and leave if I don't manage to receive the right dice, except if there's absolute necessity to get into that room. The dice you need to get into the room is Dice Cube: 3 (or Dice Cube: 2 if you are in room 2). If you receive a different dice number, use it and try to kill yourself when you enter the room. You can also use Town Portal but I personally keep it because you might get into a room you can't die and thus you'll have to wait for Town Portal's cooldown.

well thankyou for your anwser. the problem is my kowlin doesnt seem to lvl i have him for like 5 lvls and he only grew one but anyway i guess its bcus i did to much bh's and stuff like cs. bcus i was red --' anyway thx againb:laugh
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well the less you use your pets.. the further behind they get. You have to continuously and consistantly train them up.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And the mobs in BHs are too low to give your pets any XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And the mobs in BHs are too low to give your pets any XP.

i know but when i started doing bh's i thought my pet would lvl and get exp from the hunter to xd b:laugh
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well the less you use your pets.. the further behind they get. You have to continuously and consistantly train them up.

i know im now grinding with my kowlin =D
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Total chance of getting to room 4 without passing it:

1/6 (rolled 3) + 2*1/6*1/6 (rolled 1 and 2 in either order) + 1/6*1/6*1/6 (rolled 3 1s in a row) =
    1/6 + 2/36 + 1/216 = 36/216 + 12/216 + 1/216 = 49/216 ~= 22.7%
    The chance to get each number isn't 1 in 6. For example for room 1, the chances are:

roll 1 = 18%
    roll 2 = 18%
    roll 3 = 16%
    roll 4 = 16%
    roll 5 = 16%
    roll 6 = 16%

Each room has its own set of dice and its own probability table of resulting rolls. I'd been trying to put a huge chart of these together to calculate how many dice tickets it takes on average to get anywhere. But some of them are not so easy to find in pwdb, and I keep forgetting to look them up while I'm in Cube (you can look up the die throw quests via the room names).

Since this is your project and I haven't gotten much chance to play lately, I'll leave it to you to recalculate the numbers. b:chuckle
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Room 2 chances:

Thrown die 1: 17%
    Thrown die 2: 17%
    Thrown die 3: 16.5%
    Thrown die 4: 16.5%
    Thrown die 5: 16.5%
    Thrown die 6: 16.5%

Room 3 chances:

Thrown die 1: 17%
    Thrown die 2: 17%
    Thrown die 3: 16.5%
    Thrown die 4: 16.5%
    Thrown die 5: 16.5%
    Thrown die 6: 16.5%

(There's a separate quest for each level range, but all have the same probability table.)

So... .16 (roll 3 in room 1) + 2*.18*.17 (roll 2 and 1, either order) + .18*.17*.17 = .16 + .0612 + .005202 = .226402 (22.6402%), very close to my original calculation using an even distribution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]