Gatherstorm or Pan Gu's Giant Axe?

Options
Byakko - Dreamweaver
Byakko - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
So, i'm nearly Lv85 and was wondering which of the 2 to get. I'm wondering how often the 'Revenge' effect and the 'Shield Of Chi' effect procures?
I know the pan gu's is the tankers choice etc, just wondering how often the effects on either weapons actually activates before i spend my hard earned money.

Thanks,
Post edited by Byakko - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10817872&postcount=23

This might help, note the last % given in the description is the production rate......I think....

rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd say neither to be honest, with how fast 85 to 100 is, and the fact that while being great weapons, neither really holds up at endgame, I'd say just not get them unless if you can be sure that you will be able to gain the majority of your money back by selling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd say neither to be honest, with how fast 85 to 100 is, and the fact that while being great weapons, neither really holds up at endgame, I'd say just not get them unless if you can be sure that you will be able to gain the majority of your money back by selling.

I have PGGA and I love it. That being said, Rawrgh is right. Unless you luck into the weapon for a low low price, don't get either. You'll be tempted to skip over the TT weapon progression and when it's time to get your TT 99 you'll end up having to farm for two or three weapons.

But since this is a thread about the procs of those weapons, I'll say that Shield of Chi will proc about once a minute for a few seconds while I'm grinding. It's a great weapon for survivability, but requires high refines to do much damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I personally plan on staying at 85 for a whlie when I actually hit it, and am a tank barb. Thus, I went all-out and bought the Pan Gu's. I plan to use it for a LONG time, and feel that I will get more than my money's worth for it. That being said, if you intend to level up as fast as possible, the other guys are right. Save up for your TT weapons rather than forking out 25m for an axe you'll go past in very little time.

Edit: Woops, missed the point entirely, lol. I have heard that the proc rate on Shield of Chi is very high, and helps a LOT when tanking. Not personal experience, though...just what I've heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I went with gatherstorms because I wanted the extra dmg for holding aggro. No point in having a chi shield if you're not tanking and not getting hit, and I feel like I am pretty safe in tiger form even without chi shield.

...but, was wondering if when zhenning if I round 30 mobs ->invoke ->alacracity -> roar -> then start my aoes, would the 10% rate be for each attack (1 x 10%) or for each mob hit (30 x 10%)? In that case Pan Gu's Giant Axe just became sexier. I was thinking "what's the point of having PGGA in FCC pulls when you only attack once or twice per pull, but I could very well be wrong.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I was thinking "what's the point of having PGGA in FCC pulls when you only attack once or twice per pull, but I could very well be wrong.

If you're getting hit more than a couple of times (except by magic mobs) when you're pulling in FF, you're not doing it right. During pulls you should be able to survive on pure HP alone, or by potting if your squad is slow behind you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I just got the PGGA two weeks ago (yeah, im 10level late) and it's +7 w/2x +1atk. lev and i got it for 25mil...

im planning to keep it as endgame tanking-solo weapon cuz of its nice effect and great HP bonus given.

that being said, im still working on my TT weapon progression which will lead to gold90 (70% complete) and green99 (5% complete).

So my advice is to buy the PGGA only if you really like it (like me) and if you plan to stick with it for long time. Then continue with TT weapon for further uses and maybe get to Nirvana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    for a tanking axe, pangu is really powerful.

Gatherstorm has the wow factor with the cool wordings b:laughb:laugh
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I use neither, and TBH I have no effing clue where Gatherstorm comes from. I personally use Star Axes +3 w/Immac Citrine for all purposes. As a demon barb with a little over 14k HP in demon true form (and no other demon skills at all) I can tank comfortably just about anything thrown at me and still hold aggro from your average damage dealers (read as non -int cash shoppers / sins).

Even tanking world bosses uncharmed isn't much an issue with the exceptions of (that i've tried so far.. Sonic Opressor and Broadkris Drudge). Cenminator, Sword Tamer, Hornska, Mystery of Antiquity, Shadow Doll, and Minion of Death are easy peasy and thus i see no reason to go with weapon that has a *chance* to reduce damage (which may not come at a time when is really needed). I say if you want to spend lots of money on a weapon and your eyes are only on those two.. go for gatherstorm?

OH and.. expel is FTW when tanking 3-1 uncharmed and you get amped and armor broken while the squad is sealed and BB is dropped.. I hit it with only 516 hp left on me and that bought enough time for us to recoverb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..