Wizard Build

Options
2»

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ah, you did it. I didn't want to post here again, but you went and said something so terribly silly I just had to reply.

Clerics and wizzies are entirely different.

Cleric's have self buffs, self heals, and do not have the same flexibility to shard all citrines as wizzies do (they need at least 50/50 garnets I believe, but no expert here).

Don't clerics get a higher return on vit than a wizard does? I don't play clerics, I have no idea. If they do, thats yet another reason why clerics might use vit more than a wizard.

I have cleric friends that say the NEVER die doing quests, etc. All they need to do is stack ironheart and tank whatever hits they need to.

They also have vastly different roles in pve and pvp, but going into how those difference impact the need for pdef, mdef, mattck, etc, etc, etc, is well beyond the scope of what I am prepared to do here.

They get the same hp/vit that a wiz gets. For most of my lowbie lvls I didn't have any refines/shards b/c I went through them so fast. Your post is so random, I don't even know what to say. Now how exactly is my experience with survivability any different because I lvl'd a cleric? Just as an fyi, I had FAR more survivability than any other arcane/LA build that I saw when I was lvling. And again, my gear was unsharded/unrefined. Just thought I'd throw that out there b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Your post is so random, I don't even know what to say. Now how exactly is my experience with survivability any different because I lvl'd a cleric?

How? Actually read my prior post and you will have your answer.
    Cleric's have self buffs, self heals, and do not have the same flexibility to shard all citrines as wizzies do (they need at least 50/50 garnets I believe, but no expert here).

I have cleric friends that say the NEVER die doing quests, etc. All they need to do is stack ironheart and tank whatever hits they need to.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How? Actually read my prior post and you will have your answer.

Buffs/heals have no impact on base survivability from gear. If you want the most survivability, you go arcane vit (excluding HA). Your post still makes no sense
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have to agree with adroit, if your gear isn't heavily refined adding vit is the way to go rather than going LA and **** up your defenses (your pdef will go slightly higher while your mag def will become very low making you a 1 shot to magic classes) And its not really feasible to constantly change magic adorns in pvp all the time.

It's very easy to find +HP and +Pdef mods on helmets, capes, wrists, and boots if you look in the auction house every once in a while (on Lost City). I used to have a cape that I bought for 200k in auction house that added 150 hp in blue stats with 3 sockets.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Buffs/heals have no impact on base survivability from gear. If you want the most survivability, you go arcane vit (excluding HA). Your post still makes no sense

I'm convinced you are either incredibly tricky or have a reading disability . . . .

Noone (including you) said anything about survivability "from gear". We were talking survivability. Period.

If you have buffs, etc. like a cleric does, you don't NEED "survivability from gear" nearly as much as a wiz.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm convinced you are either incredibly tricky or have a reading disability . . . .

Noone (including you) said anything about survivability "from gear". We were talking survivability. Period.

If you have buffs, etc. like a cleric does, you don't NEED "survivability from gear" nearly as much as a wiz.

wizards can get cleric buffs too.. genius
    Not like anyone quests anymore, nearly all lvl'ing is done in parties (BH/frost etc) where everyone will have buffs.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wizards can get cleric buffs too.. genius
    Not like anyone quests anymore, nearly all lvl'ing is done in parties (BH/frost etc) where everyone will have buffs.

Then why are people talking about kiting on page 1? You kite in BH/Frost? b:chuckle

And again, I bring you back to the point (yes, remember, the point?). The OP isn't asking for purposes of doing Frostcovered city . . . "genius"

You keep changing the issue. If we are talking about questing (which I believe the OP was), thats one thing.

If we are talking about FCC or BH, thats another. You can certainly do BH's without LA or Vit, "genius".

Actually, you've done that enough that I'm not going to bother anymore. My intention originally unless you would say something silly. Obviously, thats not a rare occurrence for you . . . .
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Then why are people talking about kiting on page 1? You kite in BH/Frost? b:chuckle

And again, I bring you back to the point (yes, remember, the point?). The OP isn't asking for purposes of doing Frostcovered city . . . "genius"

You keep changing the issue. If we are talking about questing (which I believe the OP was), thats one thing.

If we are talking about FCC or BH, thats another. You can certainly do BH's without LA or Vit, "genius".

Actually, you've done that enough that I'm not going to bother anymore. My intention originally unless you would say something silly. Obviously, thats not a rare occurrence for you . . . .

first of all, I occasionally do need to kite in BH/frost.
    You bring up a new issue (buffs), I respond and u say im going off topic.. LULZ
    Ive already said you dont need any gear on for pve.
    The point STILL stands, arcane vit has more survivability than LA.
    /thread
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You bring up a new issue (buffs), I respond and u say im going off topic.. LULZ

You bring up clerics and I bring up the "new" issue? i give up, truly b:surrender
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You bring up clerics and I bring up the "new" issue? i give up, truly b:surrender

You said I'd never lvld up arcane vit, I told you I lvld up my cleric, and then you went nuts saying the survivability between the armors/builds is so much different between different classes.. even though it is EXACTLY the same. Anyway I perfectly understand you giving up, not really anything you can say at this point.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    La Wizard Sucks Point Blank!
    edited October 2010
    Options
    then you went nuts saying the survivability between the armors/builds is so much different between different classes..

No, I said the survivability between a cleric and a wiz (regardless of armor choice) is vastly different. Again, you read things into what I am saying (trying to find something to disagree with?) so much that its impossible to even have a discussion with you.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, I said the survivability between a cleric and a wiz (regardless of armor choice) is vastly different. Again, you read things into what I am saying (trying to find something to disagree with?) so much that its impossible to even have a discussion with you.

try re-reading your post(s), maybe you are just forgetting what you wrote, unfortunately, I'm not going to be multi quoting and what-not as I'm on my phone and that gets to be more effort than its worth, but hopefully you'll objectively re-read a few of your posts and stop pretending you didnt say things that you've already said.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    La Wizard Sucks Point Blank!
    Dude stop spamming.
  • iamgodtruestory
    iamgodtruestory Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    k.... first off... i may not be some wizzie god.... but i kno this:

the HUGE extra pdef of LA(coupled with stone barrier) helps against these classes:

1 BM's
    2 Barbs
    3 Sins
    4 Archers (yeah sure they have magic skills too..., but they have more physical skills remember? and no idiotic archer looks at a wizzie and starts spamming magic skills... lets all admit it. )
    5 Venos (yeah.... because: 1. pets r physical(cuz every1 uses hercules or nix...) 2.there are even quite a lot of 5aps HA fist fox venos these days....)

while....on the other hand, the extra m.def of arcane, helps only against the other 3 casters.... and frankly they don't wanna mess with blade tempest... also, psy earth skills are laughable with stone barrier....

as for other wizards.... they will almost always use blade tempest.... and LA protects against that very well due to much better ALROUND defenses.... so basically the extra mdef that AA users are boastin about..... is helpful only against clerics.... are you really scared of clerics??? out of all classes.... clerics???

as for vit.... i am pretty sure that LA gives more hp per refining than arcane..... yeah but vit arcane is still not TERRIBLE....especially if u dont wanna giv in to PWE MONEY MAKING SCHEMES!!!!b:victory

and.... LA gives more consistent crits than arcane(as shown above... almost twice as much).... and so... tho arcane has higher base damage output due to the extra mag/int..... LA might give more damage at AVERAGE

don't criticize for me giving my input.... as i said above i am no "uber" wizzie....
  • iamgodtruestory
    edited November 2010
    Options
    oh wait i forgot!!! clerics will also most certainly try to use plume shot or razor feather on you seeing as you are a wizard (most classes forget about the thing that makes wizards so beautiful - stone barrier) so basically LA is pretty good overall I feel.... pure AA maybe better end game tho, i guess.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    k.... first off... i may not be some wizzie god.... but i kno this:

the HUGE extra pdef of LA(coupled with stone barrier) helps against these classes:

1 BM's
    2 Barbs
    3 Sins
    4 Archers (yeah sure they have magic skills too..., but they have more physical skills remember? and no idiotic archer looks at a wizzie and starts spamming magic skills... lets all admit it. )
    5 Venos (yeah.... because: 1. pets r physical(cuz every1 uses hercules or nix...) 2.there are even quite a lot of 5aps HA fist fox venos these days....)

while....on the other hand, the extra m.def of arcane, helps only against the other 3 casters.... and frankly they don't wanna mess with blade tempest... also, psy earth skills are laughable with stone barrier....

as for other wizards.... they will almost always use blade tempest.... and LA protects against that very well due to much better ALROUND defenses.... so basically the extra mdef that AA users are boastin about..... is helpful only against clerics.... are you really scared of clerics??? out of all classes.... clerics???

as for vit.... i am pretty sure that LA gives more hp per refining than arcane..... yeah but vit arcane is still not TERRIBLE....especially if u dont wanna giv in to PWE MONEY MAKING SCHEMES!!!!b:victory

and.... LA gives more consistent crits than arcane(as shown above... almost twice as much).... and so... tho arcane has higher base damage output due to the extra mag/int..... LA might give more damage at AVERAGE

don't criticize for me giving my input.... as i said above i am no "uber" wizzie....
    oh wait i forgot!!! clerics will also most certainly try to use plume shot or razor feather on you seeing as you are a wizard (most classes forget about the thing that makes wizards so beautiful - stone barrier) so basically LA is pretty good overall I feel.... pure AA maybe better end game tho, i guess.

plz stop posting. Seriously. U IZ DUMBZ. b:laugh
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Only problem is that LA gimps your magic attack to hell and back and hey, guess what? It's already barely enough to kill people at endgame if you can't +10 your weapon.

So yeah LA is still ****ing stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamgodtruestory
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ok u kno wat? ita frikin game!!! stop gettin so crazy about a damn armour.... jst play watever is "fun" fr u.... cuz we play games to hav "fun"... its wat they wer made for.

use watever u think suits ur play style.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I bet you think light armour is good because pandora used it. fyi, pandora was terrible. light only seems like it would be a viable option because of the crit and, no way, a heavier type of armour gives more defense.

who knew.

what really gets ya is, at end game(if you ever get there, I bet you never do) you realise:

my damage sucks,
    my defense is the same as a robed mg,
    my mdef is terrible,
    it'll cost me millions to restat
    I could've used that money buying better gear that would make me so much superrior to light armour

if only I didn't wear light armour..
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ok u kno wat? ita frikin game!!! stop gettin so crazy about a damn armour.... jst play watever is "fun" fr u.... cuz we play games to hav "fun"... its wat they wer made for.

use watever u think suits ur play style.

k sry iz just my play style isnt "suck **** as long and hard as I can"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    as for other wizards.... they will almost always use blade tempest.... and LA protects against that very well due to much better ALROUND defenses....
    Wow are you serious? Blade Tempest hits hardest on LA targets like sins and archers.
  • iamgodtruestory
    edited November 2010
    Options
    @loltank - fine man..., as i said lay watever u wanna... its a game. i was just givin MY opinion. every1 has their own and thats what the forums wer made for.

@borsuc - u know i dont feel the point of talkin to u guys.... let me tell you this....

- stop being an ignorant ******... WE HAVE STONE BARRIER!!! ARCHERS AND SINS DONT!!!! THAT"S WHY THEY DIE FAST!!!! pls read up our skills before posting on the forums and making a fool of yourself.... the physical aspect (which is half the damage btw in case u also did not kno that) of blade tempest will do almost no damage to a full buffed LA wizzie. thats why i said that...

to all others who said that LA has no damage protection against magic OR magic mobs...., you are all idiots... please remember that LA still has enough magic to ALWAYS equip AA.... so at lower lvl..., LA can easily just switch to a cheap AA while fighting magic.... at low lvls u shud easily be able to forge ur own AA.... past 80... this mite toooo expensive but its still possible... also pls dont tell me its not possible to change while PvP'ing..... we r always kiting... if u hav the AA on ur quick toolbar(or watver they call it) it shudnt be that tough, with distance shrink, holy path and apoth speed buff.... ur opponent will take time catchin up and u can spend 0.5sec on changing like 2peices.... if it takes longer than that.... then u r just very very slow...

*kills him self for ever trying to help and expressing his views* *flees forum*
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    @loltank - fine man..., as i said lay watever u wanna... its a game. i was just givin MY opinion. every1 has their own and thats what the forums wer made for.

@borsuc - u know i dont feel the point of talkin to u guys.... let me tell you this....

- stop being an ignorant ******... WE HAVE STONE BARRIER!!! ARCHERS AND SINS DONT!!!! THAT"S WHY THEY DIE FAST!!!! pls read up our skills before posting on the forums and making a fool of yourself.... the physical aspect (which is half the damage btw in case u also did not kno that) of blade tempest will do almost no damage to a full buffed LA wizzie. thats why i said that...

to all others who said that LA has no damage protection against magic OR magic mobs...., you are all idiots... please remember that LA still has enough magic to ALWAYS equip AA.... so at lower lvl..., LA can easily just switch to a cheap AA while fighting magic.... at low lvls u shud easily be able to forge ur own AA.... past 80... this mite toooo expensive but its still possible... also pls dont tell me its not possible to change while PvP'ing..... we r always kiting... if u hav the AA on ur quick toolbar(or watver they call it) it shudnt be that tough, with distance shrink, holy path and apoth speed buff.... ur opponent will take time catchin up and u can spend 0.5sec on changing like 2peices.... if it takes longer than that.... then u r just very very slow...

*kills him self for ever trying to help and expressing his views* *flees forum*

lolololol n00bs these days.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm arcane armor. I take less damage from a BT if I put up fire shield over stone barrier. I assume it's because of the mastery. Your point was? That LA wiz has even weaker fire resistance so hit even harder from a BT? b:chuckle

Let me break it a bit about your "all around" defenses. You will get 2x pdef but **** mdef as LA. As an arcane, since you have high mdef, but lower pdef, with stone barrier, you will get "all around" defenses since it doubles your pdef but doesn't touch your mdef (except for earth). Your mdef is already high anyway. So basically you are contradicting yourself. b:bye
  • iamgodtruestory
    edited November 2010
    Options
    as casters we r supposed to fite only melee....

u kno wat? u guys r rite... i surrender.b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.