Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oh...
    this thread's still going?
    b:surrender

They keep talking about the past, lol.

About the future I have much less to say, and much less spite to fuel it.

But when someone tries to rewrite or whitewash what happened, I tend to fill a page . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They keep talking about the past, lol.

About the future I have much less to say, and much less spite to fuel it.

But when someone tries to rewrite or whitewash what happened, I tend to fill a page . . . .

yeah well..
    i used to care about what people had to say about elusive cuz its my home and i love it.
    at any given moment, if it rebuilds, i'd be the first one there, but...

bleh, ** it all. idgaf anymore. if people want to be stupid and continue making assumptions without facts or knowledge, then so be it, let them rot in their ignorance.

** you thread.
    and ** anybody else who wants to bring up the past and hate on it.
    L2MoveOn
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    -.- Blow me, Jerry I dont speak...Indian, I had NO idea, I swear! b:cry

You will speak Indian to me now.

Well you do anyway in bed...at least for me <3
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    "rionhale seems to be a closet d0uche bag and talking **** on elusive behind the curtains"

Just because I never spammed my dislike for eiusive everywhere or argued all over forums and threads, dosent mean I hid my distaste for the faction, Ice.

If you are interested you can pm me for a series of reasons why I didnt like the faction in-game if your so intrigued to look behind this "curtain".

(also I said naughty things about eiusive on vent a few times, shh! b:surrender)

Moving on, seems to me the one thing people fail to realise, a faction like eiusive was made of people who seem to hop hop hop hop hop factions to the next best thing, I could refer to an episode of family guy er... "with the fonz religion" O_O ...little bit off point. but yeah, hop on the next bandwagon full of sheepies. :3

The majority all headed to the next best faction whatever seemed strongest and considering Nemesis is like "New-Narla" it might be the next hit-popular faction.

Its similar to PHOENIX in which people are tricked by the name of a faction.
    PHOENIX is Impulse for all those Fatalis (amoungst others ofc) who didnt want to join Impulse, cant ya see? :/
    btw I dont like PHOENIX too... but cos its all in CAPSLOCK :|
    ~other than that they seem ok! o.~

Nemsis is Narla reincarnated, basically the exact same build structure as Narla.
    As an outside non-factor myself, the way I see it, eiusives who join do so because it seems strong from the outside, I checked out their core-connect page, and daaamn they have a lotta 10Xs I recognise from Narla already built with the strength of core members from the former biggest/strongest faction on the server. @___@

ofc I could be wrong and im talking ****, so sue me. actually dont... I dont wanna be sued b:cry much prefer a hug >____________>

/my two cents
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PHOENIX is Impulse for all those Fatalis (amoungst others ofc)

Huge misconception.

Phoenix is not impulse, or Fatalis or even both squished together. For most part Phoenix is what was LEFT behind from the whole bandwagon theory you speak of. We could explore a bit further and even say NO one in phoenix is actually from Fatalis considering what was left was really originally from soulslayr, and mabe 5 from impulse was left that came to phoenix...

og yea, its all caps because they are actually in greek symbols. loopholes

EDIT to add... alot of high levels are popping up now days (since hypers are so easy to get ofc) but for most part, not all the power players aregoin to nemesis. which if they continue to not then mabe the server will stay helthy with good tws.. its when the best geared lvl 100s get clumped together that things end up going in one direction
    edited November 2010
    "
    . . . the one thing people fail to realise . . . eiusive was made of people who seem to hop hop hop hop hop factions to the next best thing

Some of Elusive's members actually left the "best thing" prior to joining Elusive, many more came back to the server who were inactive prior to joining Elusive. That, in short, is what made Elusive so remarkable, imo.

And even the others, I am not sure how you can say that they hopped "to the next best thing" when Elusive didn't TW at all, did it, AFTER it beat Narla? So what where they hopping too that was so great? A faction that lost to or stalemated with Narla? Not the kind of environment that would foster much hopping, ijs.

No, Elusive was not faction predominately composed of "hoppers" looking to join the next best thing. It was people looking for the next FUN thing.

If looking around it seems that "people fail to realize" something, a humble man would look first to see if he was mistaken. In this case, and I have no quarrel with you personally, you are.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Some of Elusive's members actually left the "best thing" prior to joining Elusive, many more came back to the server who were inactive prior to joining Elusive. That, in short, is what made Elusive so remarkable, imo.

And even the others, I am not sure how you can say that they hopped "to the next best thing" when Elusive didn't TW at all, did it, AFTER it beat Narla? So what where they hopping too that was so great? A faction that lost to or stalemated with Narla? Not the kind of environment that would foster much hopping, ijs.

No, Elusive was not faction predominately composed of "hoppers" looking to join the next best thing. It was people looking for the next FUN thing.

If looking around it seems that "people fail to realize" something, a humble man would look first to see if he was mistaken. In this case, and I have no quarrel with you personally, you are.

I did intend to mention "the majority", not all, but there was a vast compilation of people who jumped faction an incredible ammount, leave return leave return etc.

I find when a faction is priority based upon tw, most people dont care about each other cept for tw itself. :/

also for the phoenix thing, wasnt meant for some origional history of fatalis from the begining. Im talking end of the faction lifespan, not some "good old days" nostalgia of when the faction had a golden peak.

at the end before they dissapeared, impulse still had enough active people at least 50-60 strong, & enough land to competitively tw (even if it was only against narla).
    when fatalis was getting gankfested week after week in tw, and kept losing more and more members :(
    impulse still had enough actives to put up a half decent fight at least? if the active fatalis would have joined impulse, no?
    but i doubt any of those fatalis would join impulse... seriously, phoenix looks slightly different, its like the final impulse leaders and many of their last actives, so they could try and combine with fatalis under a different title, as it was advertised to me many times "hey this is the new impulse-fatalis faction".
    Zaibeast mentioned to me just after he joined eiusive that fatalis was slowly dieing which as i guess made sense, but they didnt join impulse... strange, wonder why. >_>

Like how the eiusives didnt join narla after narla still had like 50 actives and Kaiser was still fighting to keep it alive.
    eiusive got stuck, why not join narla? because of the name...? because of their distaste for narla so much?
    however, nemesis isnt narla is it? the names different, so its ok to join right? right?
    that wasnt the same faction they fought week after week after week...

PAA-LEASE~~~~

Proski displayed his epic hate for narla, so much so it seemed to have influenced every eiusive to feel this way, but not help them understand that if narla2.0 has a different name its the same thing and the same process will repeat.
    I know how mango feels about tw. its all or nothing, map domination - then map reset.
    and eiusive was built to prevent this right? so as Fluffy questioned... no morales or none of your business? idc i do what i want attitude, wtb more rolos.

and just remember i did say this is how i see it from "the outside", for all i know, eiusive, narla nemesis fatalis impulse are all one big family of happy tree friends and get along peachy sweet!
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    at the end before they dissapeared, impulse still had enough active people at least 50-60 strong, & enough land to competitively tw (even if it was only against narla).
    when fatalis was getting gankfested week after week in tw, and kept losing more and more members :(
    impulse still had enough actives to put up a half decent fight at least? if the active fatalis would have joined impulse, no?
    but i doubt any of those fatalis would join impulse... seriously, phoenix looks slightly different, its like the final impulse leaders and many of their last actives, so they could try and combine with fatalis under a different title, as it was advertised to me many times "hey this is the new impulse-fatalis faction".
    Zaibeast mentioned to me just after he joined eiusive that fatalis was slowly dieing which as i guess made sense, but they didnt join impulse... strange, wonder why. >_>

Actually the irony of all that has happened, is when it was "mentioned" that Fatalis and impulse merged, to create and actual faction to compete against Narla, tons of people from BOTH sides balked from the idea, considered their factions "slowley dieing" and fled....to one faction lol...In the end they merged themselves, into a whole new faction name...and it wasnt phoenix.

The ones that stayed behind till the day they disbanded from fatalis and and impulse simply agreed the names were to far gone to salvage any longer. most all that was left didnt want to goto elusive under whatever personal reasons. but no in phoenix there is very little to no influences from what impulse was, or what fatalis was, the leaders are not the same people, and how things are ran is nothing like those two factions, so it IS a new faction always was.
  • coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    warning: the following thread contains a lot of parenthesis and truth, check with your doctor to see if you can handle it.

if everybody was entirely seperated, there'd be no 3 hour tws, well.. 3 hours for all the wrong reasons (like everybody sucks ). you need to have something to gun for so to ensure quality, competition breeds excellence (aka better competition). nemesis only has like what 3 lands? who cares who is in that faction. even if they are quote unquote STEAMROLLING (lol), don't you guys understand thats more reason for them to fall and others to rise? why does nobody see opportunity in challenges anymore, seems like all people are good at nowadays is making excuses for backing down or not doing something about what they dislike. indifference much?

thought it was obvious, but its you know who. maybe I shouldn't of even said that since it might incite somebody to report me b:quiet.

being in the same guild from the start of the server till now is not "loyalty," and the contrary sure as hell has no bearing on a persons principles. what it is is just a punchline used by either nonfactors like immunuty or people too afraid or insecure to let things be as they are (like those that can't accept narlas end, no matter how hard they try and fight for it or allegedly cry about it).

its when bitter individuals have to guilt trip other people for not wanting to do what they want to do. they scorn the "hoppers" for not helping their cause without even realizing their self-proclaimed greed and selflishness in the very attempt to get at someone else for the same reason. don't you see the real irony here? the leaders of every land owning faction before elusive throwing their members who left them under the bus just because they chose something better, in their opinion, and it led them down a different road than said bitter leaders. last I checked whatever an individual feels is right for them so that they can enjoy what they want to on this game is good enough to dictate their actions. the problem is too many of you jackasses let meaningless titles on this game go to your heads and you forget these are real people, not some pawns in your chess game.

now I'm clearly not saying proclivity or dreamery had it right, as they hopped an unprecedented amount of times, like damn, but that just because misamisa left immunity to join elusive, or zaibeast from fatalis to elusive, or whoever, you shouldn't brand them something negative so to justify your dissatisfaction.

start getting mad for what actually happens, like that the "hoppers" are more beneficiary to a greater amount of people than most of you with this naeive sense of loyalty could ever affect. why? because for one they give everybody a reason to play this game because their efforts cross borders and allows for moments and opportunitys for more than just their faction to enjoy, and two, they recognize that true loyalty, much like what their hoppin asses have brought to people, is boundaryless; that you don't have to have the same logo over your head to be there for a friend when it really matters.

secondly "hate" is a strong word that entails effort, nonchalantly telling a few narla off is not hating them. what you could say is proski "hates" the uneventful server and stupid *** mentality that wasn't helping it, because admittedly I spent a lot of effort on trying to fix that

jack nicholson said it best in a few good men:

"I know deep down in places you don't talk about at TW's, you don't want me doing stuff for the server, you need me doing stuff for the server. I use words like fun and friendship. I use them as the backbone of the time I spent getting people to enjoy this game.
    you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man whos faction has opportunitys because of the good times I provided. "
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    SyGrrr - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    See, Blood? If you just said it like that, maybe people wouldn't argue with you so much.

I think you have some pretty good arguments here (with the exception of a couple implications that I disagree with, but won't get into). It's time to move on. Let's all forgive each other our past decisions and recognize that at the end of the day, this server actually has some pretty damn cool people.
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    disloyalty always benefits the factions seeking already leveled/gearedmembers, leaving anyone trying to build one nothing more than a feeder base for them. for most part people generally get mad at disloyalty if they spent countless hours in old content helping them get stronger, in hopes of building their faction up...to only see them a time later in another faction giving that faction the benefits of your wasted efforts.

people that get bent out of shape over others leaving their faction when they clearly got no help and the faction was going no where, they to me are in the wrong for being mad at those just trying to.

in the end there really is no way to build it seems, people will be disloyal regardless. its a dog eat dog game really.
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    I think your denying, though, an aspect of he-who-shall-not-named's post. Sure the faction helped the player, but during the player's time in the faction, did he or she not contribute to the faction? Yeah, ok, so you helped the player gear up, but that same player was also participating in TW, joining squads for other things, and contributing to chat and the general enjoyment of the faction.

I say let it go.
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    I say let it go.

I think people pretty much have....its called ignoreing people and just fend for yourselves... fallow whatever new trend is going once youve achieved whatever requirements they have.
    but during the player's time in the faction, did he or she not contribute to the faction?

Circumstantial, perhaps they never took the oppurtunity, or waited around for it. but packed up the toys you helped get them and gave them to someone else.

meh, brick walls on the forums. why would faction hoppers adsmit its wrong in the grand scheme of things, that would be like a drunk admitting they have a problem when they are having fun at being a drunk.
  • coolstorybreh
    edited November 2010
    its a game.... you shouldn't ever 'invest' in other players, much less do anything with them if they aren't helping in return, and then see to it that they stay in your faction as if they were on contract to....

think about it if you are sitting there and you feel like you're wasting your time helping people who aren't doing anything back for you then.. well, thats on you. you can pick and choose who you surround yourself around can't you? there are some narla members who have came away from this game with probably real friendships because they gravitated towards each other for playing the game the same way or liking each others attitudes or whatever, and good for them. me, I came away with some friends because of how I and they liked to play the game, going out there and being bold even if you fail just laughing and enjoying it all.ts WHATEVER, its all your peragative thats the beauty of it. you do what makes you happy and if you ever think anybody is leeching off that or taking advantage of your efforts then don't hang around them, simple. but the funny part is, kinda like sygrr said, what you do for them is almost always offset by the fact that they are doing things for you too. the literal presence of members (friends or not) is the main reason for accumulating (after all you have to have people 10 man factions don't work), to which once you get them then even more come etc. etc. now sure your actual leadership may be the make or break on whether or not those players stay, but every member pays their dues just by BEING in the faction. now imagine that, if people started appreciating everybody for just playing the game and accepted the fact that we all help each other, to varying extents sure, but that we all help. if you find yourself being a leader of a faction on this game, a director or a marshal, an officer or even by title just a regular member but one who does more for people than those who just play, don't complain. nobody forces you to do it, therefore you aren't entitled to anything extra nor do you know more than them what they ought to do for themselves. you should just be proud of the fact that even on the internet, in maybe a goofy way, you're doing something for people by providing an environment for them that they and you can enjoy. if seeing other people have fun and maybe be happier after a bad day doesn't make the 'extra' work you do worth it, then don't do it? lol?
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Precisely oposite of where i was even going. Point I was making is people do have some right to feel angst about that situation. Especially those still trying or was building from scratch. scratch being those members. What makes the angst even more vibrant is knowing that whatever faction you are in and being loyal to would have been quite sucessful had those impatience leeches not left.... Then ofcourse to add insult to injury is facing those same people in TW lol
    you shouldn't ever 'invest' in other players

Time being the investment, isnt just in a player, but as a faction whole, making one player stronger makes the entire faction stronger, when that player leaves it become twice that players strength weaker after theyve been geared. and typically the only reason the faction would have the drive to do so for that player, because that player may have expressed interest or loyalty at the beggining...so why wouldnt people be mad..lol dunno if made sinse but four unwined FBs. /brain

anyway, thats why its common to see people from struggling factions have some angst in regards to whatever the discussion was.
  • coolstorybreh
    edited November 2010
    my point is by looking at it like its an investment, you got it all wrong. they spend the same time running the same unwined fb, its doing something in the game together. just because they're the ones that turn in a quest for it doesn't mean much of anything. maybe you need to concede the point that to be a successful TW faction it takes something you may not be able to provide? not every faction who runs unwined fb's like PHOENIX are cut out to have an impact on the map, its just how this game is. when you stop talking about the members that apparently would have made you successful by calling them impatient leeches you might understand. also think about what you just admitted in that line
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    my point is by looking at it like its an investment, you got it all wrong. they spend the same time running the same unwined fb, its doing something in the game together. just because they're the ones that turn in a quest for it doesn't mean much of anything. maybe you need to concede the point that to be a successful TW faction it takes something you may not be able to provide? not every faction who runs unwined fb's like PHOENIX are cut out to have an impact on the map, its just how this game is. when you stop talking about the members that apparently would have made you successful by calling them impatient leeches you might understand. also think about what you just admitted in that line

Well so far we havnt had that problem, I wasnt speaking about any resent events more so in past tense considering there really is no such thing as building a faction anymore. and my point had nothing to do with any current state of the map or faction, more so people are entitled to feel pissed. and when someone from a premade faction comes in saying people are not entitled to that feeling, its just wrong.

the FB wines wasnt for any faction mates, i just do them random...

but this
    they spend the same time running the same unwined fb,
    They obviously cant do alone
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    I think people pretty much have....its called ignoreing people and just fend for yourselves... fallow whatever new trend is going once youve achieved whatever requirements they have.

When I said "let it go," I meant I think we all need to forgive each other.

You're right. There is a legitimate feeling of abandonment when our friends leave for another faction, especially with smaller struggling factions on the brink of becoming a factor on the server. It's easy to hold on to that resentment.

But look at the server. At this point, almost everyone has left someone else. If we start counting all the people who abandoned this faction or that faction, it would be an overwhelming majority of the server.

I just think this is a good time to wipe the slate clean.
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    When I said "let it go," I meant I think we all need to forgive each other.

You're right. There is a legitimate feeling of abandonment when our friends leave for another faction, especially with smaller struggling factions on the brink of becoming a factor on the server. It's easy to hold on to that resentment.

But look at the server. At this point, almost everyone has left someone else. If we start counting all the people who abandoned this faction or that faction, it would be an overwhelming majority of the server.

I just think this is a good time to wipe the slate clean.

Thats why i explained to coolstory that I was only speaking in past tense. and for most part to co-exist with the topic, and why there was so much resentment. and imo people are entittled to that esspecially if it was because of my first reason (few post back)

But truth is, those resentments shouldnt arrise as much anymore. Factions that build from nothing are damn near none existant...the server has finally reached that point. The resentment came from the days when it was imperative you built you players both in lvls and in gears...and loyalty was an issue.
  • Pathetick - Archosaur
    Pathetick - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    most people on the server don't remember pve tw. but for those of you who do look back to the way you felt winning that first victory. Nobody in the world has ever been as happy as Titanicus was when we won our first pve tw. Of the people that won that victory only 3 are still active (zaibeast firstpk and me). People come and go in this game but the happy memories you take with you are what make the game worth playing.

I have happy memories with members of nearly every faction on the server. I helped many people on this server get to where they are. Even more people helped me get to where i am. There is no way i can be in the same faction with every person who i ever helped or who helped me or hell who was just my friend. So I joined a faction and i'm working on making new friends and memories.

Seeing somebody leave your faction should make you angry. But not because of the gear they took with them. It should make you angry because you get to talk with them less, run instances with them less. we all need to remember that this game is about people, its not about gear, its not about tw, its not about factions.

Get out there find some friends find some memories find something in this game that makes you happier when you are finished playing than you were when you started playing.

man i'm getting all nostalgic.

so to all the people who ever helped me thanks. To all my friends out there send me a pm some time i would love to hear from you no matter what faction you may be in now.
  • Pannzer - Archosaur
    Pannzer - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    nemesis only has like what 3 lands? who cares who is in that faction. even if they are quote unquote STEAMROLLING (lol), don't you guys understand thats more reason for them to fall and others to rise?

Yes! What's up with us anyways? We've been a faction for 4 weeks and we only have 3 lands!

Fail! I say again Fail!

b:angry

p.s. I R 2 SQUISHY b:victory
    edited November 2010
    See, Blood? If you just said it like that, maybe people wouldn't argue with you so much.

Like what? Like Jack Nicholson?

And if people didn't argue with me, what would I do for fun?
    most people on the server don't remember pve tw. People come and go in this game but the happy memories you take with you are what make the game worth playing.
    I have happy memories with members of nearly every faction on the server. There is no way i can be in the same faction with every person who i ever helped or who helped me or hell who was just my friend. So I joined a faction and i'm working on making new friends and memories.
    we all need to remember that this game is about people, its not about gear, its not about factions.
    Get out there find some friends find some memories find something in this game that makes you happier when you are finished playing than you were when you started playing.
    so to all the people who ever helped me thanks. To all my friends out there send me a pm some time i would love to hear from you no matter what faction you may be in now.

+1 to most of this
    we all need to remember that this game is about people, its not about about tw

This, however, is blasphemy sir!!!
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    we all need to remember that this game is about people, its not about gear, its not about tw, its not about factions.

Wow, nicely said Pathetick. Fuzzy couldn't agree more, and it is a shame many seem to loose sight of this fact along the way.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Katanyia - Archosaur
    Katanyia - Archosaur Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:shocked Fuzzy on the Arch forums...<hides>

b:laugh Gratz for new Mod position
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Gratz Fuzzy!

Am glad also to see that Arch has finally gotten bored with this nonsense. More people are enjoying the game :)
    edited November 2010
    Am glad also to see that Arch has finally gotten bored with this nonsense. More people are enjoying the game :)

Nonsense not over because of boredom so much as mission accomplished.

And they are enjoying it BECAUSE of the nonsense.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    perhaps, just maybe, the thing that people proclaim sucks most about archosaur is also what makes it so special. there isn't a big departure or difference from mattering in game to who you are as a person unlike on other servers where you only get paid attention to if you meet certain criteria such as gear. here you can't be picky. if you don't reconcile you are going to quickly run out of people to play with. but even if that weren't the case, most of ice and i's friends are lvl 50s who we just thought were awesome people. i remember the day firstPK, some level 37 sin, turned white and starting whacking on kiaxn for no apparent reason. needless to say...I added him to my friends list shortly after. josemage another perfect example, nobody else knows who he is but I consider him one of my best pals on this game and somebody I plan on having a drink with once we can meet up. there are some great people out there if you stop worrying about your gear or your level and have a look. anyway, some people might sit there in resent and curse elusives name still to this day, but I think it gave a voice to all the people who were powerless before. seems to me like they were heard because theres this newfound desire to uh... whats that? have fun.
    edited November 2010
    perhaps, just maybe, the thing that people proclaim sucks most about archosaur is also what makes it so special, et cet.

WB Proski.

Arch does have a certain charm. But like the charm of a small midwestern town, it can be quaint to visit, but few would want to live there . . . .

And it wasn't that people lost the desire to have fun prior to elusive. Its that there was no avenue available to them to pursue it prior to elusive. Kudos to you for that.

And Ascend has the right idea I think: some of these TW factions need to combine so that there are 3-4 major tw factions. The server is too small to support 5 or 6 and having too many will just put us back where we were before with a new "N" faction. I could be wrong, but we will have a better feel for it after the N vs Darkside TW that is sure to come this weekend . . . .
  • Nefertia - Archosaur
    Nefertia - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I didn't, although yes alot did. And still more joined and left. I don't know what is going on anymore. I'm consistently getting 4-6 hours per week of TW on Sanctuary server, so for now I'm taking a break from TW on Archosaur.

Although my wiz on Sanctuary has no cash in his gear, and I am one shot by, well, everyone, its still more fun than TW has been on this server since its inception, with the sole exception of about a combined total of maybe 6 or 7 Narla vs Impulse/ Elusive vs Narla battles.

Here's hoping Archosaur settles into 3 or 4 strong TW factions like are on Sanctuary right now, not to mention the 3-4 minor factions that, if they draw a double defense, can still put up a fight.

And here's hoping that, if Arch doesn't, Sanctuary doesn't just turn into everyone running to Regicide.

Hello, he who shall not be named . . . .

While I do understand what you are saying, at the same time I don't. Elusive wasn't exactly composed of people that were all sugary sweet with each other, so I am not sure how any faction is completely ruled out for any reason. I guess I can understand not going to Narla, but Narla (other than the name) really isn't the same faction. Hell, even Bun$ left. Agent too (left twice in the last month, in fact!)

All I am saying is, people need to be willing to shake things up a bit to keep them fun. And ruling this faction or that faction out, making everyone go to one faction once again, seems to be the opposite of what was so good about Elusive.

What the server needs is 3 or 4 Elusives (factions composed of people that are committed to fun TW, putting everything else (map domination, friendships, end game pve content (as though the last 2 can't be had outside of your faction) in the back seat. That way, if there is an imbalance again, with only a few, short TWs every week, people can shift, restore some balance of power, and let the fun continue.

"Nemesis is more Narla than Narla is atm"

OMG, I actually understood this. And in fact agree.

For those that still don't get what Elusive gave to the server . . . .

Although I don't get that it is shifting "all the time". As fluffy is pointing out, end of the day Nemesis is now the dominant faction on the server. I haven't seen any TWs here to say if they are lasting 1 hr or 20 mins, but I smell the server heading back to where it was.

I think Darkside has peaked.
    Narla is what Elusive was week 1 or 2.
    Asuras is a few weeks late to build a credible threat - all Elusive's children already crept out the back door. Although its fun to see the name on the server again and I hope I'm wrong.
    And Nemesis seems to have gone on the same life cycle that Narla did, at a much accelerated pace. Core group of players, add in miscellaneous, relatively independent players, add in "the enemy" (then ex-Impulse, now ex-Elusive) and there you have it.

What I would like to see is a strong narla, nemesis, darkside, asuras, and even immunity (don't be too hard on Rion, he probably would have liked everyone to go to immunity to compete against Narla instead of a new faction). And if one faction has enough power to roll the others, the others make them defend 2 and 3x as many TWs. And if they defend 2 and 3x successfully, here's hoping there are a group of players in that dominant faction have the guts to put their egos aside, leave the top of the mountain and try to make TW competitive once again.

What I would like to see is real fighting in TWs not go in destroy a crystal and get kicked out in under 60 seconds. All who participate get paid not just a few of your friends who lie and claim everyone who does tws get paid. More respect just because a person says it does not mean it is true and when debating the issue not get kicked because of your opinion. Every faction member get help with mini bosses and bosses not mobs if people cannot handle mobs trash their chars and make new ones. When a faction on the server can actually guarantee those qualifications I will join, until then I would rather seek a small faction who mine their own business because they have less problems, less stupid people, and importantly a real life.
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    What I would like to see is real fighting in TWs not go in destroy a crystal and get kicked out in under 60 seconds. All who participate get paid not just a few of your friends who lie and claim everyone who does tws get paid. More respect just because a person says it does not mean it is true and when debating the issue not get kicked because of your opinion. Every faction member get help with mini bosses and bosses not mobs if people cannot handle mobs trash their chars and make new ones. When a faction on the server can actually guarantee those qualifications I will join, until then I would rather seek a small faction who mine their own business because they have less problems, less stupid people, and importantly a real life.

So you're looking for a faction that

1. has long TWs (not a problem, there are many long, fun TWs right now with factions of all levels and sizes. Note that the comments you quoted were from a month ago from people in higher level factions than what you're looking for.)

2. gives out TW pay (you'll have to find yourself a DeLorean for that)

3. gives respect to people whose opinions are so wrong that he or she is actually kicked from other factions for saying it (I'm guessing offensive remarks)

4. helps with bosses (so, not a high level faction)

5. helps with mob quests (you can't kill mobs, yet you can't figure out why your TWs are so short?)

6. has members with real lives (ie: are never there; therefore, can't help you kill mobs)

I can see why you're frustrated with your faction hunt.