This Perfect World has to many inexperienced

ArchSaber - Sanctuary
ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I was just minding my own business, farming DQ at nightscream.. Then I was lucky enough an FCC squad that was already at Frozen Hall.

I knew the sin in the squad, he says I am a pro bm. *blushes*

Everyone in the squad was like, *THANK YOU SO MUCH, THE LAST BM WAS SO F*CKING STUPID!*

The squad says that they had tried to kill Oceana 4 times a miserably failed.
Barb: "He aoes when the mob is out"
Cleric: "He attacks before barb gets aggro in exp rooms"
Veno: "..."
Sin: " He only spoke Spanish"

Luckily, I am pro enough to HF when the mob is gone. It's just common sense, if you died the first time by hitting the mob.. why would you do it another 3 times?

I am not flaming anyone, i just feel bad for that 1 particular squad who was in there for 3 hours and wasn't even a full run.

We must learn foreign languages so we can communicate better.. okay maybe not.

I've actually been in an FCC with.. okay don't read this you will pass out.. I was in an FCC with a pure sword BM..

Really, I'm not saying they are stupid, they just can't play.

"Those who can't play, Teach, and those who can't teach, teach gym." ~Jack Black
AP classes are a real butt pounding...
Post edited by ArchSaber - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Me sees lots of threads along the same lines as this...

...and while it may be true, and it may be frustrating to run with players who are not as experienced as others, imagine the strength of the community if we put our energy into helping them learn and grow instead of writing yet another seemingly negative thread...

Fuzzy just saying.... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And those are the guys I usually end up pulling into training runs when I do them with other classes >.>....

It amazingly works wonders and they learn things.

Only problem is language barrier so I will usually refer them to a guide that they themselves can translate into their own langauge.
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    not mention that 20% of 8x bms nowadays don't even have hf... seriously, a bm is almost useless w/o hf...
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    Bobberto - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    not mention that 20% of 8x bms nowadays don't even have hf... seriously, a bm is almost useless w/o hf...

how could you ,,,b:cry
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2010

LF> HF **** pm me b:question
  • LesBionic - Archosaur
    LesBionic - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think inexperienced is a better word. I voiced it in a different way and opinion in my OP thread and it did not live longb:chuckleb:chuckle

Me sees lots of threads along the same lines as this...

...and while it may be true, and it may be frustrating to run with players who are not as experienced as others, imagine the strength of the community if we put our energy into helping them learn and grow instead of writing yet another seemingly negative thread...

Fuzzy just saying.... b:surrender

Hail Fuzzy! It is nice to see a potential mod bringing positive energy into the forum, and I can see from the mod threads that plenty of people agree that you are someone who does so.

That said, there is really a tolerance level on how much 'inexperienced' for competent players to teach and can stand. Like for me, I tried my best to explain to a particular priest that Ironheart is a HoT and it stacks for 3-4 cast, AND it is a very important spell in most situation. If that priest had listened to me and get some level on Ironheart, all the best. If not, then not my loss, since I have at least try to teach.

The nerve hitting thing is that the priest telling me to shut up and Ironheart does not work at all, and I can tell he is not kidding. Not even a simple thanks! Sometimes I just want to give these type of insufferable brats a tight virtual slap in the face.

Good thing there are mature, experienced and competent players too, just that we have to find them ourselves, cuz they are hidden well within all the inexperienced.b:laugh
  • XPaperdoll - Sanctuary
    XPaperdoll - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Speaking as an inexperienced player...instead of wasting your time making a thread about how "pro" you are, why don't you offer to help those who aren't? Some people spend more time on video games than others, some people are naturally better at video games than others, some people spend more time online researching battle techniques than others. In short: some people take the game more seriously than others- and you really cannot blame people for not putting this video game anywhere near the top of their priority list. So, since you were willing and able to put in the time and effort to figure out how to be good at playing your class, why don't you just impart that knowledge onto others? Sure, there will always be the stupid noob who think he's great and wants no input from anyone, but I think most people are still willing to be taught how to play better. I personally don't have all the time in the world to play this game, and even as I level up I doubt I'll be a "great" player, but I'm open to suggestions on how to become better in the time I do have to play. It's very discouraging when you are not spending 15 hours a day and tons of cash on a game and you get these higher level players who take the game much more seriously than you do come and tell you that you suck, kick you out of a squad, etc. Some of u still play casually and/or for fun, and while that type of player may not be the most popular player nor the type PWI prefers, that doesn't mean there isn't or shouldn't be a place for us in game, or in your squad.

If you are so "pro", then teach others to be more like you. Problem solved. b:pleased
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Speaking as an inexperienced player...instead of wasting your time making a thread about how "pro" you are, why don't you offer to help those who aren't? Some people spend more time on video games than others, some people are naturally better at video games than others, some people spend more time online researching battle techniques than others. In short: some people take the game more seriously than others- and you really cannot blame people for not putting this video game anywhere near the top of their priority list. So, since you were willing and able to put in the time and effort to figure out how to be good at playing your class, why don't you just impart that knowledge onto others? Sure, there will always be the stupid noob who think he's great and wants no input from anyone, but I think most people are still willing to be taught how to play better. I personally don't have all the time in the world to play this game, and even as I level up I doubt I'll be a "great" player, but I'm open to suggestions on how to become better in the time I do have to play. It's very discouraging when you are not spending 15 hours a day and tons of cash on a game and you get these higher level players who take the game much more seriously than you do come and tell you that you suck, kick you out of a squad, etc. Some of u still play casually and/or for fun, and while that type of player may not be the most popular player nor the type PWI prefers, that doesn't mean there isn't or shouldn't be a place for us in game, or in your squad.

If you are so "pro", then teach others to be more like you. Problem solved. b:pleased

THIS right here.
    +12
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am not going to learn a foreign language just to play this game as it is in English.You can try and help someone learn their char role but they I know how.It is really up to them to learn from their mistakes or ask when they need to.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The dead horse would like to ask you to stop, if he wasn't, you know, dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LesBionic - Archosaur
    LesBionic - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Speaking as an inexperienced player...instead of wasting your time making a thread about how "pro" you are, why don't you offer to help those who aren't? Some people spend more time on video games than others, some people are naturally better at video games than others, some people spend more time online researching battle techniques than others.

In short: some people take the game more seriously than others- and you really cannot blame people for not putting this video game anywhere near the top of their priority list. So, since you were willing and able to put in the time and effort to figure out how to be good at playing your class, why don't you just impart that knowledge onto others?

Sure, there will always be the stupid noob who think he's great and wants no input from anyone, but I think most people are still willing to be taught how to play better. I personally don't have all the time in the world to play this game, and even as I level up I doubt I'll be a "great" player, but I'm open to suggestions on how to become better in the time I do have to play.

It's very discouraging when you are not spending 15 hours a day and tons of cash on a game and you get these higher level players who take the game much more seriously than you do come and tell you that you suck, kick you out of a squad, etc. Some of u still play casually and/or for fun, and while that type of player may not be the most popular player nor the type PWI prefers, that doesn't mean there isn't or shouldn't be a place for us in game, or in your squad.

I cannot say I am pro, but there are really basic stuff that are taught through quests and such, and some players can still **** up, like venos not getting their pets, thinking they are pure DD (yes I have seen them, and the forum talks about them too), players not getting their first cultivation done (and yes this is even prompted at the 9th level), not getting their new skills cuz they dun even know they have.

Also, there will be a point where teaching is useless, especially to higher levels, as they have established their own playstyle and do not want to change cuz other people say so. These are the players that really turn off pros to teach random inexperienced high level players.

Btw I split up your sentence so I can read betterb:thanks
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    "Those who can't play, Teach, and those who can't teach, teach gym." ~Jack Black
    That explains why the so called "non-noob" population is always so angry. Can't be that bad, you get to peek in the girls/boys locker room whenever you want.
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    was in a ff with one bm that rarely did HF and anything with axes..just stupid *** fist lol.I kept suggesting her to use hf to amp our dmg since we had 2 otehr archers and she wasnt doing bullcrap wit hthe aoes she was using with her fist..she told me to shove hf up my *** and she left lol...we got a better bm.

I did a RB delta (on my barb)with a squad that look genuine..well all was accept for the 101 bm with freakin tt70 axes...no wiat..but he had claws..We would fail at the same spot every freakin time..he could not hold an ounce of aggro off anything really..and he looked like kenny rogers.b:shocked
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    LOL this reminds me yesterday, when I was in FC... xD

We are at the big room and the BM said he'll do the hands, and I was like 'We need your HF though D:' and I have done like FC multiple times now... he was like 'ROFL', As soon as he said that I was like '**** no AoE on this boss o___o' nvm..' I had a noob moment.... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    LOL this reminds me yesterday, when I was in FC... xD

We are at the big room and the BM said he'll do the hands, and I was like 'We need your HF though D:' and I have done like FC multiple times now... he was like 'ROFL', As soon as he said that I was like '**** no AoE on this boss o___o' nvm..' I had a noob moment.... b:laugh

I can't remember his name but there was a BM I've run frost with that kept using HF on that boss. He was aware of the aoe rule and he timed his HF so it never hit the mini clones. We got HF on the boss and everything went just fine.b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • CuteButEvil - Harshlands
    CuteButEvil - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I actually don't mind explaining things the best I can if a person is new to FC or they haven't played in a while. I'll explain very patiently, but only if asked or they do something silly. I mean, I'd kinda prefer somebody to say "hey, heads up guys, this is my first FC" than be afraid to ask questions and squad wipe.

I don't have an issue with suggestions myself usually but it gets annoying when somebody goes "oh my main is 9x, therefore you all bow down to me" (not those exact words) I'm guessing if we all have done FC, and nobody's dying, we don't need to be bossed around?
    b:victory
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Also, there will be a point where teaching is useless, especially to higher levels, as they have established their own playstyle and do not want to change cuz other people say so. These are the players that really turn off pros to teach random inexperienced high level players.

that +

many players (and not even 'noobs') are extremly pissy if you comment their playstyle in any way; suggestions like 'u may want to..' or -less personalized- 'this boss does...' are like -idk- calling their mothers fat (?)

thats why me -and prolly many others- dont bother to 'teach' or give any tips in game. Not because we feel special with our bit bigger knowledge - but bacause there is too many insecured kids playing..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well there are time when we can teach (when people listen) and there are times when we can kick (when the guy is a PITA and does stuff detrimental to the squad's progress in the instance even after telling whats going wrong).

I believe in most of the cases, the player is extremely high lvl yet does not know the basics of the class he/she is playing. There have been good examples already provided, like a BM not using/having HF when they clearly need to or a cleric not understanding the importance of IH even after being explained (yesterday 3 clerics IHed my sad geared uncharmed archer to tank the FB89 brimstone bosses which clearly shows how useful it is) or a veno not having pet (clearly thats like saying an archer not having a bow).

In many cases, Ive provided suggestions to budding archers (the class i know the most) and its upto them to decide if they wanna try it and see. However if am gonna insulted for suggesting something, that would only discourage me from helping the next time around.

But mostly I only provide suggestions to squad mates when they ask or if the run is going bad because theyre not doing their job well enough. If all else fails, get a better person for the job.