Where can I find all the PW songs?

armethil
armethil Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I know about two of them, but I heard there are more. Since they are used as background music in a f2p game I guess it's legal to have them.
Post edited by armethil on

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    (C:)> Programs > Perfect World Entertainment > Perfect World International > Element > Music

the music files are right there, just copy :x
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    In the folder you specified there is only another folder named ambiencestereo that has only background sound effects. I am talking about song with lyrics, like this one. And the title song in MY-EN, if they haven't changed it, I haven't played in years.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    armethil wrote: »
    Since they are used as background music in a f2p game I guess it's legal to have them.
    You don't, by any chance, happen to work for Cook's Source, do you?

They are copyrighted material, same as any other copyrighted material. They're legal to have as part of the PWI installation package, yes, but that doesn't mean that all the various pieces of intellectual property inside PWI are free for the taking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    So if I install MY-EN and take the song from the game folder I can get sued?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    (C:)> Programs > Perfect World Entertainment > Perfect World International > Element > Music

the music files are right there, just copy :x

Incorrect. Only the ambiences are there.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    armethil wrote: »
    So if I install MY-EN and take the song from the game folder I can get sued?

No, because you'd be listening to them ingame anyway. As long as you do not alter them or redistribute them for a profit or do not give proper credit, you're fine. But I still suggest reading the game's ToS before doing this, and not simply taking my word for it.

--Edit--
    Double post. My badb:surrender
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Incorrect. Only the ambiences are there.

rly i thought it was in that folder in found the songs when i looked for em o.o
    its the background music tho, which plays in areas your in, wasnt it what he asked for? o.O
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Will_Of_Fire - Dreamweaver
    Will_Of_Fire - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As far as i know, if you had installed your game a good while ago, you should have 2 things on the folders you can see: Most of the background music, and the sounds used for ambience (birds, rain, water, etc). On most recent installs, as i can see here, only the ambience will be found in visible folders, while the background music is packed into some other file, that would require a particular program to see, including the "latest" melodies (the ones for Tideborn land). There was, however, an old thread somewhere on this forums where someone posted a link to a downloadable compressed file containing all the background music used in PWi (including TB). I guess it's a matter of search :o

The copyright stuff remains, though. I downloaded the comp. file i mentioned above but I only use it to listen to the songs at either my PC or my mp3 player :3 They are quite relaxing :D
    Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mistery. But Today is a gift. That's why it's called Present.

Proud member of Style (Sanctuary), (*r.i.p.*)HDT (Dreamweaver), Shield (DW), Entrada (DW)
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    The copyright stuff remains, though. I downloaded the comp. file i mentioned above but I only use it to listen to the songs at either my PC or my mp3 player :3 They are quite relaxing :D
    That's what I intend to use them for too.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PW Soundtrack
    Yes, you can now have all of the background music in PWI available at your pleasure. This is compressed in a .rar format. simply extract and play at your leisure.

Perfect World Soundtrack

I've posted this a few times but it seems to get missed with the search function I guess. I've even MP3 tagged some of the tracks with location data.

The music folder no longer contains the music that the game uses, that is an old remnant and I really wish people would stop offering that as an answer. it would also be nice if the dev's cleaned it up and had those files removed because they are no longer used.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i can say over and over again, thx for this thread. i love to hear the music on my ipod. realy so nice.
    but keep it actual.
    new expansion will bring up new songs!!!!
    so im waiting for new posts here in some weeks/months.

bth ive cut a wallpaper for a cover for mp3 players. i have chosen this one. its sooo cute xD

http://img89.imageshack.us/i/foldermh.jpg/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Luckily I saved all the tracks that were in the folder, though they are not in there anymore. I guess the server does send the music data now, so they deleted it. I suggest you to download it from YouTube, as there you can find all the tracks.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Luckily I saved all the tracks that were in the folder, though they are not in there anymore. I guess the server does send the music data now, so they deleted it...

actually it's stored inside of an archive in the game directory. I just unpacked it and extracted the music files. I can get all the ambient effect files and spell/skill sounds as well if I felt like spending the time.
    ...I suggest you to download it from YouTube, as there you can find all the tracks.
    Or you could just click on the link I provided above and have all of the tracks in one easy place.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • blackeaglezzz
    blackeaglezzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Eww....necro! b:spit
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Din_Toran - Sanctuary
    Din_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow Necro, and Allisandre's beat you to it. Also, with her link you don't have to deal with that file factory ****, it's a direct download.