Action for us too !

Evilya - Sanctuary
Evilya - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi guys,
Im a lvl 95 cleric from Belgium and leader from the faction Misfit5.
We love all challenges but most of the action is on very late.
For ppl from US thats fine...but us European's are in bed by then.
So my members and I would like to ask if we could have some advents happen in our day time (Ex: Friday Night fights in Archesaur)
Thank you !
Post edited by Evilya - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I can understand your predicament.. And agree that PW should accommodate all users. Being on the east coast of the US I know when I TW it is 11pm my time.. but it is 4,5,6 AM for a lot of the people in my guild. That can be tough when you have real life going on, like school, work, family. To have events throughout the whole day so everyone can participate and enjoy would be a great idea... Just cause Sanctuary is a West Coast server doesn't mean everyone who plays is in the US.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Seriously though...they made East and West Coast servers for a reason. If you wanted one that more accomodated your time zone, then you should have joined one on the East Coast. This isn't to bash you or demean you in any way, but it was your choice. When you chose to roll on a West Coast server, you locked yourself into that specfic time zone's events. I used to play on Sanctuary, but have since joined Dreamweaver and enjoy the events at a time that is more suitable to my life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Seriously though...they made East and West Coast servers for a reason. If you wanted one that more accomodated your time zone, then you should have joined one on the East Coast. This isn't to bash you or demean you in any way, but it was your choice. When you chose to roll on a West Coast server, you locked yourself into that specfic time zone's events. I used to play on Sanctuary, but have since joined Dreamweaver and enjoy the events at a time that is more suitable to my life.

I smell selfish here >.> like "omg europeans noobs i like that all my TWs are @ 8pm, dont ruin my life and go play super mario"

Do you think that 2 different server times with a 3 hours difference is enough?

I have TW @ 5am in one server and @2am in the other.... still **** it is.

They should just spread events along all 24 hours time, an ake TW time scheduling system simply really RANDOM as it should be, instead of giving priority to 8pm slots.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • armethil
    armethil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I didn't want to make a topic about it, but since this one started I might as well add this page on Facebook. If you want a server for Europe then 'like' the page and when a certain number of 'likes' is reached I'll post it on the forum. If I started a forum pool instead mods could lock it.

Personally I quit PWI and I'm waiting for an EU server to start playing again.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well,if you allow random,then what about the majority of othr players from like North/South America.This game IS based in the US so there would be a lot more QQ if they randomised the time.
    I would support the opening of a server for other countries though I am not hopeful this will happen
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    I think now it has a higher chance of happening now that the european PW has closed.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol kage.. you do realise timezones works along the lines of longitude rather than up and down lines of latitude?

the majority of north america and canada are covered well by the East and West Coast timezone servers, and south american players can work with the east cost timezone well as it tends to be 1 hour behind (2 at most)

The majority of europe and africa are however 5 hours plus adrift of the East coast servers, 8 Hours plus adrift of the west coast. I feel sorry for the poor Australians who must suffer the same issues but are less numerous or vocal.

Look at it this way - if they add in a second instance of events (say 6 hours earlier than the normal original event time) that gives a huge block of players a chance to be involved in events PLUS gives those american players with more time than life a chance to do events twice in one day!!!

everyone wins!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I could of said it better and maybe a little harsher but yea.. it is East Coast of the US for a reason... and if you do not like it... play in your own server or a server that revolves more around your time zone Kay Cool Pz Bye
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    At the beginning there werent east and west coast servers, if I'm not mistaken?
    edited November 2010
    lol kage.. you do realise timezones works along the lines of longitude rather than up and down lines of latitude?

the majority of north america and canada are covered well by the East and West Coast timezone servers, and south american players can work with the east cost timezone well as it tends to be 1 hour behind (2 at most)

The majority of europe and africa are however 5 hours plus adrift of the East coast servers, 8 Hours plus adrift of the west coast. I feel sorry for the poor Australians who must suffer the same issues but are less numerous or vocal.

Look at it this way - if they add in a second instance of events (say 6 hours earlier than the normal original event time) that gives a huge block of players a chance to be involved in events PLUS gives those american players with more time than life a chance to do events twice in one day!!!

everyone wins!

Yes,I do realise that.What I meant is that the West and East Coast servers cover these areas without too much difference in times.

Like I said,if you made the event to accomodate the Europeans,what about those Americans who have work or other commitments in the afternoon/morning.
    Which brings me back to my point that this game is based in America so there would be alot of complaining from them.

And like I said,opening a server that fits European/Asians timezones would be cause less repercussions.Though I admit it would be alot more hassle to get the game to Europe but the problem is easier to solve
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I smell selfish here >.> like "omg europeans noobs i like that all my TWs are @ 8pm, dont ruin my life and go play super mario"

Do you think that 2 different server times with a 3 hours difference is enough?

I have TW @ 5am in one server and @2am in the other.... still **** it is.

They should just spread events along all 24 hours time, an ake TW time scheduling system simply really RANDOM as it should be, instead of giving priority to 8pm slots.

True, same times for me and I have to work on Saturday and Sunday. I will not wake up at 5 am to TW for 1 h.
    Well,if you allow random,then what about the majority of othr players from like North/South America.This game IS based in the US so there would be a lot more QQ if they randomised the time.
    I would support the opening of a server for other countries though I am not hopeful this will happen

It is based in US, true. But ever noticed the "International" in the name? It means worldwide. We have players from all over the place, so why not make the events at multiple timezones?
    armethil wrote: »
    At the beginning there werent east and west coast servers, if I'm not mistaken?

True. Beginning was 2 westcoast servers. Then a 3th west server (Sanctuary). By the time I joined PWI there were just those 3 Servers. So why change to east if I have friends, a character on Sanc, if times still suck?
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited November 2010
    It is based in US, true. But ever noticed the "International" in the name? It means worldwide. We have players from all over the place, so why not make the events at multiple timezones?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International

International=/=Worldwide.
    That's why I would rather regional servers.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International

International=/=Worldwide.
    That's why I would rather regional servers.

Lol did you even read?
    "The term international as a word means involvement of, interaction between or encompassing more than one nation, or generally beyond national boundaries."

Also, I will not chance server if i can not take my character with me. As they will not allow server change with characters, I shall remain still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lol did you even read?
    "The term international as a word means involvement of, interaction between or encompassing more than one nation, or generally beyond national boundaries."

Also, I will not chance server if i can not take my character with me. As they will not allow server change with characters, I shall remain still.

yea usa,canada,and mexico=more then one nation o how suprisingb:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited November 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    yea usa,canada,and mexico=more then one nation o how suprisingb:bye

^This.

Apparently,North and South America comprises of USA and USA only.

/sarcasm
  • Calcid - Sanctuary
    Calcid - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This has been brought up many times and US people always do a sh!tstorm about it cuz they are selfish like hell. Sucks for us Europeans, but I got over it. Keep your freaking event/TW/whatever times, lol. Solution would be EU servers like in BoI but that's not gonna happen imo.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Yeah being selfish doesn't make u guys cooler, though having the events twice would make it possible for US timezone people to participate the event twice, as 8 pm here is like midday there. So why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited November 2010
    1.I live in Asia
    2.As I already said,if you make it earlier,there are people with other commitments during that time.
    3.This game,I have repeated counltess times,has more American players than from other regions.Changing it would cause more trouble for them
    4.The game is based in the US.So they will accomodate to those in their time zones.
    5.Which brings me back to me having regional servers being the better choice
  • armethil
    edited November 2010
    Well at least according to Facebook PWI is liked by ~60-70k people in NA and ~40-50k ppl in EU. Adding at least one EU server doesn't sound like a bad idea.
  • henrig
    henrig Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    To answer your question in the "necro post" b:shocked (they would deserve I made a new post copy/past of the original one...) I did, PWMS closed their website 1 month before the serveur shutdown. So you probably just came one or two days after the wesbite closure...

Now to sum up what I said in the other thread, there might be more potential pw players in europe who could be interrested in the creation of an european server of pw since pwms shutdown completely.
    And the coming of the new expansion pack could be a good reason to make a server with no gap between the new arriving classes and the old ones (and middle ones (Tides)).
  • PearlBreeze - Raging Tide
    PearlBreeze - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i would have to agree with kaste .It really doesent matter if the server is in the us or not .

If they accept european money tey should also acomadate those gamers.

The way some say is hey this is an american game so get use to our times .Wel its not an an us game anymore wake up its a world game and some guys here just need to accept that.

Or refuse gamers from other part of the world if this is an so called us server or wherever the damn thing is.

Were here we pay we play so make the apropiate accomadations.If that means pullin the same event twice thats cool .

Ow not only US or asians have work and lifestyles ,europeans have the same darn thing we are all working slaves not just u .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The only way PWI will ever accommodate event times for EU players is if they specifically open an EU server.

Event times are set in stone for the timezone the server is set to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The only way PWI will ever accommodate event times for EU players is if they specifically open an EU server.

Event times are set in stone for the timezone the server is set to.

jade dynasty already got a europe server
    forsaken world will probably too after beta
    if perfect world gets one too and if you can transfer your charakers i might be am the first one going there
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2010

everyone wins!

I agree. I actually would prefer this than having to re-start from zero in a new EU server. Anyway, I would definitively start in an new EU server if they make it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i would have to agree with kaste .It really doesent matter if the server is in the us or not .

If they accept european money tey should also acomadate those gamers.

The way some say is hey this is an american game so get use to our times .Wel its not an an us game anymore wake up its a world game and some guys here just need to accept that.

Or refuse gamers from other part of the world if this is an so called us server or wherever the damn thing is.

Were here we pay we play so make the apropiate accomadations.If that means pullin the same event twice thats cool .

Ow not only US or asians have work and lifestyles ,europeans have the same darn thing we are all working slaves not just u .

Quoted for the truth, U like European money? well earn it, otherwise EU players will end by getting tired of this and leave, and this means a lot less money for your pockets. If you had an EU server, you would have more EU players, which means the oposite: more money for your pocket than now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3