Adding friends?

Alannarchy - Raging Tide
Alannarchy - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
So I'm trying to add a few of my friends in game, but when I type in there player names it says "user not found", is this just because they are not online?

Also when I accept a friend request the person does not apear on my friend list, then when I go to add them it again says "user not found". (when this happend, I was on the same server as the person and they were online)

What am I doing wrong?
Post edited by Alannarchy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Your friends have to be online for you to add them to your friends list or else you get a message saying user not found. The easiest way to add a friend is to click on them so that their portrait is at the top of the screen. Right click on the portrait and select the add to friends list button.

If you are not near the person to click on them then you can still add them to your friends list. Press f to bring up your friends list and click the add button at the bottom. Type in their name exactly how it appears (caps make a difference too).

To be able to see whether someone on your friends list is online or not they have to also add you as a friend on their list. Otherwise their name will appear on your list but they will never appear to be online even though they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ihome - Harshlands
    Ihome - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    where is adding frends at.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Press "F".

The leftmost button the bottom of the little "Friends" window that pops up is the "Add" button.

Click it, then type in your friend's name exactly the same as it appears (check spelling with them to be sure).

This will send an "Add Friend" request to the other player, who can choose to accept, reject, add, or blacklist.

Hope this helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The window that pops up for the other player even has a button to let him send a friend request right back to you. Note that this is not an implicit accept; usually you'll hit "accept" and "request".
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • kaven01
    kaven01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    When i tried a adding a friend it said that the request was sent but nothing has gone through b:angry can anyone help me? b:thanks
  • nathanfairchild
    nathanfairchild Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Your friends have to be online for you to add them to your friends list or else you get a message saying user not found. The easiest way to add a friend is to click on them so that their portrait is at the top of the screen. Right click on the portrait and select the add to friends list button.

If you are not near the person to click on them then you can still add them to your friends list. Press f to bring up your friends list and click the add button at the bottom. Type in their name exactly how it appears (caps make a difference too).

To be able to see whether someone on your friends list is online or not they have to also add you as a friend on their list. Otherwise their name will appear on your list but they will never appear to be online even though they are.

A good friend of mine from the game wants me to add him to Facebook. But I don't know how i do it? Any pointers? Thanks! Feaura
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    A good friend of mine from the game wants me to add him to Facebook. But I don't know how i do it? Any pointers? Thanks! Feaura

eh, 1st of all Necro

2nd, you cannot add anyone to facebook through ingame means, you have to go and make a facebook account and add them on that site
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • subject0052
    subject0052 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Help!!! when i try adding my friend it say user not found no matter what i did. and before u say i spelt it exactly the way it is ..... so we arranged to meet up so i could add him via his name tag. so we went to the same place and he just wasnt ther so i rang him and he said he was? someone plzz help me!!
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Help!!! when i try adding my friend it say user not found no matter what i did. and before u say i spelt it exactly the way it is ..... so we arranged to meet up so i could add him via his name tag. so we went to the same place and he just wasnt ther so i rang him and he said he was? someone plzz help me!!
    Are they playing on the same server? If they're on one server and you're on another server, that would explain everything.

Also, please don't hijack other people's threads for a new question. Especially a thread that is likely to be locked for being a necro thread (one that has been dead for over 30 days, but then posted to again, violating forum rules).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)