Lag spikes / DC issues - anyone else getting them?

Miugre - Heavens Tear
Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Since Wednesday night I have been experiencing lag spikes and DC issues (beginning with a DC which kicked me out of CoA and didn't return my money >_<) which have rendered the game unplayable for me and anyone on my home network.

I have reset my hardware (modem/router/NIC) to no avail... I have connected to a neighbor's wireless, also to no avail (though I get a weaker signal to them which might account for it). At times I can open up the server ping list and see horrendous ping times to only HT and Raging Tide. Other times it reports a decent ping, but the server is still unplayably slow for me. Another person who was on my wifi reported that the Archosaur server had the same problem. As far as web pages go, I can load them, but they're slower than usual. I also recall my AIM, MSN and Skype clients being unable to (re)connect on Wednesday night and being generally unreliable since.

In game, common problems for me include delays of up to 30 seconds or more just to talk to an NPC, load a page of AH offers, or even see player movements or chat updates. Fighting anything seems to be out of the question. Ping times have fluctuated wildly; at one point on Wednesday night I observed a ping of over 21k. This was all observed on my desktop computer which is hard-lined (connecting with a LAN cable instead of wirelessly).

So, yeah. The majority of evidence seems to point to my home network, but not all... so I thought I'd ask this board before I decide to get my ISP in on the act. Has anyone been experiencing near-unplayability or total unplayability for the last two days or so? Or could anyone else recommend other things I could try to remedy these connection issues? Thanks in advance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
Post edited by Miugre - Heavens Tear on

Comments