Server time app broken

Options
Mayfly - Dreamweaver
Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
The server time app always displays your local time as the West Coast server time.

servertime.jpg

I'm in the Eastern time zone, so the East Coast server time should be displayed as identical with my time, not the West Coast server time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
Post edited by Mayfly - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There are already a few posts made about this, but thank you. I`ll update Frankie about it.

Regards.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Side note: as this may be browser specific, I'm using Firefox 3.6.11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you once again.
    I`ll also make a few tests and screen shot them, hopefully the bug will be fixed soon.
    Many thanks

Grim

Edit : Tests results :

Chrome 7 : Local time displayed instead of server time.
    IE 7 : Local time displayed instead of server time.
    IE 8 : Local time displayed instead of server time.
    IE 9 : Local time displayed instead of server time.
    Firefox 3.6.6 : Local time displayed instead of server time.

Also noticed that it's showing the original time only for a second and then its switching to your time zone.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bug reported to the appropriate team; thanks for posting :)
  • frankieraye
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Are you guys still seeing your own local time for West Coast time?
  • Sanshiru - Raging Tide
    Sanshiru - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    just a little work around:

load the website with the server times and you will notice for a second or two it will display the right time before it switches to your local time. you can also refresh, you just needa be quick with reading the time xP
  • slapuperv
    slapuperv Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I live in Europe and also it show my local time ^^
    mehum.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    um I'm using IE 8 on XP.... I live in Florida, it's 1:21 AM and it says on the bottom of this site the time's 9:21..... not only is it NOT showing local time it's still an hour off...
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Are you guys still seeing your own local time for West Coast time?
    Yes, we are.

Please check your PMs. I sent you a fix, though it assumes that the servers are handling Daylight Saving Time (DST) properly, which they aren't, and I also just realized that it may be a bit off for part of the day on the two days of the year when DST starts and ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have no PM...... I'm confused are we supposed to see OUR time? or the server (west coast) time? If it's the latter then that's what I thought.... although it's always wrong anyway, always an hour off (like u said it's not handling DST).

Edit: err d'oh nvm.. u sent the PM to frankie? lol I'm not awake yet.....
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's working now (mostly... the correct times are displayed), but last time I checked it during the afternoon the local time was displayed in 24 hour format + PM (server times were displayed in 12 hour format.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What I find amusing... Front page says: 7:31am, forum (time at the bottom of page) 6:31am
  • Showpsy - Dreamweaver
    Showpsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Server Status seems to have the correct times now, at least for me on Firefox 3.6.12
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmm the application is working for me now. Not surprised, Frankie and team have been working on it the last few days. But, if you still have issues with it, please post here. Thanks.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmm the application is working for me now. Not surprised, Frankie and team have been working on it the last few days. But, if you still have issues with it, please post here. Thanks.

It is still broken

The way you say that too makes it seem like is a big complicated thing that does take days to fix... its time, its javascript (which used to be flash but they changed it), and if you can't even manage to get a working clock in javascript in like 2 minutes you should not even be working in the web development world...
  • frankieraye
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It is still broken

The way you say that too makes it seem like is a big complicated thing that does take days to fix... its time, its javascript (which used to be flash but they changed it), and if you can't even manage to get a working clock in javascript in like 2 minutes you should not even be working in the web development world...

Did you circle the local time because what it's showing is redundant (by saying 13:12 pm?) or because it's actually incorrect?
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Did you circle the local time because what it's showing is redundant (by saying 13:12 pm?) or because it's actually incorrect?

Redundant and looks silly...

I mean really it isn't that hard to make it show the AM/PM time or the 24hr time...
    You even have it working where it shows east coast server time but not where it says current time
  • frankieraye
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Redundant and looks silly...

I mean really it isn't that hard to make it show the AM/PM time or the 24hr time...
    You even have it working where it shows east coast server time but not where it says current time

All right, thanks, I'll report it to the team.

UPDATE: It should be fixed now, please have a look :)

And if it is still showing up with the redundancy, please clear your cache and try again.

Thanks!
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    looks fine to me, cept it's still an hour off rofl.... it's too late now cause tomorow we change the clocks back an hour and this'll read right. But next year when we move em forward.... is it that hard to physically change the time once every 6 months (since your site's too dumb to do it on it's own :p )?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    looks fine to me, cept it's still an hour off rofl.... it's too late now cause tomorow we change the clocks back an hour and this'll read right. But next year when we move em forward.... is it that hard to physically change the time once every 6 months (since your site's too dumb to do it on it's own :p )?
    Yeah, it's still an hour off because they hardcoded the GMT/UTC offset for the Daylight Saving Time offsets, which is over. I PMed FrankeRaye about that, along with some code to automatically figure out the correct offsets based on the date, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)