Anti Zen Spending Petition

Options

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It is, however, problematic that a major source of income for people trying to achieve TT90/TT99 before level 100 has been made much more difficult for them. Requiring a squad to complete a TT 3-x splits the income made per instance by as much as six. Increasing the boss difficulty discourages them from doing the run in the first place and raises prices to buy the mat in coin.

I know people spamming Nirvanas to fund their TT90/99. That's not how it should be, but with the prices of GBA/Gold Mats these days, it's the way it has become. Not enough people in the game are like Fay and you, Dan. I lucked out and had some helpful friends, but others are on their own.

As for the Zen protest, good luck, but I don't think a few people's contributions would do much. At worst, they lay off a few people at the International office and keep on keeping on.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It is, however, problematic that a major source of income for people trying to achieve TT90/TT99 before level 100 has been made much more difficult for them. Requiring a squad to complete a TT 3-x splits the income made per instance by as much as six. Increasing the boss difficulty discourages them from doing the run in the first place and raises prices to buy the mat in coin.

So far I haven't seen people skip their TT99 gear that much, other than the poorest ones. Although I'm pretty sure more and more people won't get their TT99 and just use TT90/OHT.

It sucks, but you just have to adapt to the situation that you may not be able to get the best gear available.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but this won't work. For two reasons:
    1. Topic on wrong section... not that many people reads their server disscussions. There are more on General Discussions thread. So you probably won't get too many people here. Getting even 1% sign up won't matter that much, especially as it seems that many who signed had stopped to charge on their own or have never charged before.
    2. Was you around when they introduced the first packs - Anniversary packs? There was HUGE discussion and complain topic. Reached over 300pages. Many people left. Event ended and quite soon packs were back by "popular demand". Another HUGE disscussion topic around 300pages long, more people left. Result? Packs are almost permanent addition to the game.

Their main clients are players who pays a lot or/and on regular basis, rest are potential clients. To keep them interested they need to provide them with new content, new changes. That's why they fix only the major bugs.

p.s. I haven't charged even once, nor I am planing to charge. So for myself it is useless to sign up.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Damewort nailed it right on the.. money? Besides, PWE has all those other games to fund them. 1% population in one game; they won't care.

Lots of people quit long before anniversary packs because of the Valentine's Day glitch that involved the Duke Rose set (it's first release), the mailbox, and the cash shop. It took them over a year to fix this bug and release the duke rose set once again. It was almost saddening to see how many players were e-mailed saying they spent $325k in gold and were told pay up or your account stays banned. This happened with a friend and he forwarded the email to me and that really was the amount they told him to send. Some were banned from not using the glitch themselves, but "came into contact with a person(s) exploiting the glitch."

Honestly, if they did their jobs in the first place, glitches like the above wouldn't have even happened to begin with.

Signing this petition to stop charging money will be as effective as Monster Hunter fans outside Japan signing/ complaining that the MMO version will never be released (too costly; therefore it all falls on deaf ears). It's worth the try, but it will get you nowhere.

Put me down, nonetheless.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • _Kitsurugi_ - Sanctuary
    _Kitsurugi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sure, Go Ahead And Sign Me Up As Well. I Find This Highly Interesting And If These Changes Were Made Then It Would Be Profitable For Both The Players And PWE In General In The End. The First Reason Being That Fixing All The Major Issues Would More Then Likely Bring Back Alot Of The Old Players That Left The Game Because Of These Reasons. Another Being That They Will Gain More New Players Due To Word Of Mouth About How This Game Would Be Good Once More. Finally The Existing Players That Would Leave Because Of This Wouldnt. All Of This Would Entail That PWE Would Make More Money In The End For Taking The Time To Fix These Problems, Then They Would If They Just Ignored Them And Went Along There Current Course Of Action. So It Would Be In There Best Interest To Go The Extra Mile And Make More People Happy

Better Game + More Players = More People Spending Spare Pocket Change On Something Worth Spending On.

I Hope This Works So That This Game Begin To Resemble The One I loved Playing All Those Years Ago, And Maybe Ill Just Be Able To See Some Of The Old Friends I Would Squad With Come Back To Play Again.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:faint

Woah Kitsu...have enough caps? b:shocked

Interesting idea guys...wonder how this one will play out...
    edited November 2010
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    b:faint

Woah Kitsu...have enough caps? b:shocked

Interesting idea guys...wonder how this one will play out...

Nope I Need More Caps....MOAR!!!! lol

And The Fact The At Least A Mod Responded And Seems To Be Interested In This Subject Matter. Appears To Be A Good Sign.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nope I Need More Caps....MOAR!!!! lol

And The Fact The At Least A Mod Responded And Seems To Be Interested In This Subject Matter. Appears To Be A Good Sign.

Mods have nothing to do with the company... they are regular people just like you and me that help moderate the forum and the forum only- so... no, this thread is still going nowhere just like always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mods have nothing to do with the company... they are regular people just like you and me that help moderate the forum and the forum only- so... no, this thread is still going nowhere just like always.

You People Are All So Negative lol, And So What If Mods Have Nothing To Do With The Company. Unlike You All There Not Trying To Shoot This Idea Down And Even Though There Opinion Is Nuetral By Default. Half Of The Topics And Posts On The Forums Themselves Mods Dont Even Grace There Pressence With. This Is A Good Sign. Or At Least Thats What Im Taking It As. One Stone Cannot Stop A Mighty River. Though It Can Slow Its Speed By Even A Little. People Get Interested In Things More Easily And Look At Them If A Mod Has Posted A Reply In The Topic, Which Means More People With Similar Ideas Will See This Thread And Hopefully Be For It. So Think What You May, And Ill Think What I May.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You People Are All So Negative lol, And So What If Mods Have Nothing To Do With The Company. Unlike You All There Not Trying To Shoot This Idea Down And Even Though There Opinion Is Nuetral By Default. Half Of The Topics And Posts On The Forums Themselves Mods Dont Even Grace There Pressence With. This Is A Good Sign. Or At Least Thats What Im Taking It As. One Stone Cannot Stop A Mighty River. Though It Can Slow Its Speed By Even A Little. People Get Interested In Things More Easily And Look At Them If A Mod Has Posted A Reply In The Topic, Which Means More People With Similar Ideas Will See This Thread And Hopefully Be For It. So Think What You May, And Ill Think What I May.

aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cAPS lOCK rAGEEEEEEEEEE
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cAPS lOCK rAGEEEEEEEEEE

lol, Its Not Caps Lock. Its Shift Key Tyvm. Also Thank You For The Laugh I Found That Funny.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol, Its Not Caps Lock. Its Shift Key Tyvm. Also Thank You For The Laugh I Found That Funny.

i dIDN'T sAY yOURS wAS cAPS lOCK; i gUESS yOU dIDN'T nOTICE tHAT i wAS aLSO uSING sHIFT kEY fOR eACH wORD. b:pleased

edited November 2010
    Options
    i dIDN'T sAY yOURS wAS cAPS lOCK; i gUESS yOU dIDN'T nOTICE tHAT i wAS aLSO uSING sHIFT kEY fOR eACH wORD. b:pleased

oMG tHATS aMAZING!!!!!!! sHIFT kEY fTW!!! rAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

lol Now Please Stop Getting Of Topic Thread. It Impolite To The Person Who Started It And The Subject Matter Itself.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    oMG tHATS aMAZING!!!!!!! sHIFT kEY fTW!!! rAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

lol Now Please Stop Getting Of Topic Thread. It Impolite To The Person Who Started It And The Subject Matter Itself.

iRONICALLY, tHIS tHREAD iS oFF-tOPIC; iT dOESN'T bELONG oN sERVER sYMPOSIUM. sO bEING oN-tOPIC oN aN aLREADY oFF-tOPIC tHREAD iS oFF-tOPIC. b:chuckle

edited November 2010
    Options
    iRONICALLY, tHIS tHREAD iS oFF-tOPIC; iT dOESN'T bELONG oN sERVER sYMPOSIUM. sO bEING oN-tOPIC oN aN aLREADY oFF-tOPIC tHREAD iS oFF-tOPIC. b:chuckle

tRUE, tHOUGH tHIS tOPIC iS hALF oN aND hALF oFF tOPIC. tECHNICALLY iT rELATES tO tHE sERVER dUE tO tHE bUGS bEING tHE rEASON fOR tHE nO-zEN pETITION. tHOUGH tHAT rELATES tO tHE wHOLE gAME iN gENERAL aS wELL. tHOUGH tHIS iS sTILL a sLIGHT mOCKARY tO tHE tOPIC sTARTER. wOW i fAIL lOL, i wAS uSEING sHIFT kEY fOR eVERY lETTER bUT tHE fIRST tO mAKE tHEM cAPS iNSTEAD oF tUNRING cAPS lOCK oN aND jUST uSEING tHE sHIFT kEY lIKE nORMAL /fACEPALM.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh My God! My Eeyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeesssssss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tRUE, tHOUGH tHIS tOPIC iS hALF oN aND hALF oFF tOPIC. tECHNICALLY iT rELATES tO tHE sERVER dUE tO tHE bUGS bEING tHE rEASON fOR tHE nO-zEN pETITION. tHOUGH tHAT rELATES tO tHE wHOLE gAME iN gENERAL aS wELL. tHOUGH tHIS iS sTILL a sLIGHT mOCKARY tO tHE tOPIC sTARTER. wOW i fAIL lOL, i wAS uSEING sHIFT kEY fOR eVERY lETTER bUT tHE fIRST tO mAKE tHEM cAPS iNSTEAD oF tUNRING cAPS lOCK oN aND jUST uSEING tHE sHIFT kEY lIKE nORMAL /fACEPALM.

yUP. iT rELATES tO THE gAME iN gENERAL, nOT sERVER sPECIFIC. bUGS aFFECT aLL sERVERS - dEEMING iT gENERAL gAME-pLAY. b:victory

I know, right? b:laugh

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dOING sO wILL noT mAKE tHE CHAGE sO dESIRED. pwe hAS sO mANY oTHER gAMES tHAT mAKE mONEY. tHEY wILL sIMPLY sHUTDOWN pwi iF iT sTOPS mAKING tHEM mONEY.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don`t spend real cash here but I agree they need to fix bugs, at least that annoying rubberbanding, don`t support them anymore with ure cash if they dont do anything to improve the gameplay, they only know how to introduce new **** packs b:laugh
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I agree with this totally. They don't just need to fix the game but also add in stuff that players want added in. It seems like all they do is add more fashion and more packs. Since the beginning a lot of players have been asking for a guild only area so its sad that 2 yrs later they finally get the hint.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i'm just against the too high zen prices with the SMS payment and that there are no free offers to earn zen
    btw i live in Bulgaria
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

rofl xD and hai jelly :3

anyways whats this i hear about what 2-3mil gold? omg i can make a killing on all that fashion i have hiding in my inventory O_O <--real tranny at heart ;D

weeee purple stipper outfit ftw xD

/nonsensepost :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • _Kish_ - Sanctuary
    _Kish_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree b:victory
    Thank you to Silvychar for my lovely signature. ^^
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree b:victory

thank you so much for doing me a favor <3 NECRO -- now this can finally be closed b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We should make an anti anti zen spending thread and spend zen in protest.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We should make an anti anti zen spending thread and spend zen on Quilue in protest.

Fixed. b:cute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fixed. b:cute

b:shy *buys quilypoo rank 9*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *gasp* I can has an tail to wag too? :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *gasp* I can has an tail to wag too? :3

b:cute only if you promise to slap me with it once a day like astypoo <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I support this thread.Every1 should stop spending zen on silly things and use it for Pimpy's r9 set on RT and one for sanc so I can level a cleric then just log for TW/pk/saying hi/cyberz/afk@south arch looking pretty and play FW during the week :3
    It's all about LoL,yo.