2x Exp/Spirit Nerfed For Veno??

BryFoo - Raging Tide
BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Just noticed something the other day and would like to know if any other Venos are having the same/similar problem.

Now, to be fair, I know that not all Venos have a Nix and therefore this may not apply.

During 2x I've been using my Nix to kill Mobs faster. I've been grinding on Spiders up North at Avalanche Canyon and noticed that sometimes I get 208 Spirit and other times it's 416 Spirit. My question is, if your pet out damages your character, does 2x still apply?

If the answer is, "No it does not apply when your Pet does more damage" isn't that a little bit unfair to Venos specifically? A Veno shouldn't be "nerfed" from 2x Exp/Spirit because of our Pet doing more damage. If I out DD my Nix, or any other Pet, I draw aggro ofc b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BryFoo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Of course it still applies. If you're getting double, the mob probably has something special about it - increased life, defense, mag resistance, or it's weakened (well.. this yields less lol)/sacrifical assault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Check the statuses. Mobs with "weak" don't give as much as normal ones and normal ones don't give as much as ones with "increased life", etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Tyvm for the quick replies. I'll be sure to check this out a little more closely when I'm off work.
    :D

Btw....it's always either 208 Spirit or 416 Spirit.....so to me it seems like it's regular Spirit or 2x Spirit regardless of the Mob's Status.b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsutai - Lost City
    Tsutai - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    why would a 93 be asking this x.X
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010

Because he doesn't know the answer? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    tbh i didn't know either, so i'm glad the question got asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    tbh i didn't know either, so i'm glad the question got asked.

At 55, it's understandable.
    At 93, it's common sense.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Because he doesn't know the answer? b:surrender

I'm surprised you're asking this now though -

The amount of exp and spirit you get from a mob is greater on the mentioned increased life, etc etc, even when it's not double exp...
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2010

we've been through this, Hypers and BHs have created high level noobs that only know power level (not being cruel but its kinda a sad truth of what pw has become)

still though, a level 9x really shouldn't be asking this question, I thought it was conmen knowledge even at 2x and 3x when you're questing and things like movement speed increase and sacra assault mobs give 50% more exp and spirit, magic resist, increase p-def, hp increase give double exp and spirit, weak give 1/2 of what you normally get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Lenley - Dreamweaver
    Lenley - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I've seen an 89 barb that didn't know that the cleric will get aggro if they try to heal him before he has hit everything on him. I have long since stopped assuming that all high level players know the game well.
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    we've been through this, Hypers and BHs have created high level noobs that only know power level (not being cruel but its kinda a sad truth of what pw has become)

still though, a level 9x really shouldn't be asking this question, I thought it was conmen knowledge even at 2x and 3x when you're questing and things like movement speed increase and sacra assault mobs give 50% more exp and spirit, magic resist, increase p-def, hp increase give double exp and spirit, weak give 1/2 of what you normally get.

Just fyi....I don't Oracle or Hyper EVER. I do my BH's when I can but not daily. I play PWI when I can because I work full-time (business owner) and tbh it's NOT all about "getting max exp" to me. I play because I like the game....period.

As for this being "common knowledge"......maybe for 24/7 players it is but, I have more important things to fill my brain with besides the amount of experience I get for such and such Mobs with blah, blah, blah Status and whatever.

I shouldn't be too surprised by this type of response from a "know-it-all" like yourself Renza.....ijsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taksuke - Dreamweaver
    Taksuke - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    this is not so bad i have seen worst question ask b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<=== thks Forsakenx for the great siggy
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just fyi....I don't Oracle or Hyper EVER. I do my BH's when I can but not daily. I play PWI when I can because I work full-time (business owner) and tbh it's NOT all about "getting max exp" to me. I play because I like the game....period.

As for this being "common knowledge"......maybe for 24/7 players it is but, I have more important things to fill my brain with besides the amount of experience I get for such and such Mobs with blah, blah, blah Status and whatever.

I shouldn't be too surprised by this type of response from a "know-it-all" like yourself Renza.....ijsb:surrender

There are some things that makes me wonder....

- You don't need to play 24/7 to notice that
    - If you work full time,how come you already leveled to 93 from Mar 2010?
    - If you have more important things to fill your brain why you even bother to make a post about such a not very relevant issue?
    - Why do you even care on grinding at lv.93?
    - If you got a work,and I assume you have some money,would be more time-wise to just spent money and not to waste your already little time on grinding?
    - Why do you care about exp/spirit on normal mobs when you can earn 100x times that amount on FCC(Mobs there don't have specific attributes)?
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010

- If you have more important things to fill your brain why you even bother to make a post about such a not very relevant issue?
    - If you got a work,and I assume you have some money,would be more time-wise to just spent money and not to waste your already little time on grinding?
    - Why do you care about exp/spirit on normal mobs when you can earn 100x times that amount on FCC(Mobs there don't have specific attributes)?

...why does any of it matter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2010

lolumad? since when did i claim i was a know it all for stating something a level 30 cud of figured out by now, eitherway even BH'ing is power leveling, story is, if u diddnt no something this...simple, then it makes me wonder how you have been lvling, quest to 30, crazy stone to 40, BH to 93?

also i aint a 24/7 player as u shud no with me once being in ur guild and with u now being higher level, it doesnt realy fill ur brain with knowing what small bonus a few add-ons to a mob should give u for extra exp.

^all of that id like to know judging from brys last response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What is spirit? What can you use it for? b:question b:cry Please don't laugh at me, I've not evolved enough to use my noggin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I guess I should have known this thread would end up this way. b:surrender

Thanks to those who answered my question without sarcasm and smart azz coments. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What seems obvious to you might not be to someone else... Jeez we cant all be coolbies like you.

Dont worry to much about the smart asses here... they need to make them selves feel important by picking on others.. just feel pitty for them like I do ... they need to act cool on the forum as irl they are pathetic wannabe's :)
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^-

no offence but insulting peoples rl and such isn't really a nice act either. You don't even know them.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No one's being smartasses...... this was simply the dumbest f'ing question i've ever seen..... you're telling us even at LEVEL ONE you didn't pay attention to the amount of exp u got and wonder why some mobs gave double? And you're 93 now and JUST ASKING THIS? lmao roflmoaoooooo
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    In what has PWI comunity turned into? >.> It isn't a shame to not know, it is a shame to not want to know.
    And level doesn't matter. There are some things which most of us doesn't know, unless you are so fanatic that read up every possible information what matters and doesn't matters to you. I don't give a damn if you don't know how much exp some mob gives as long as you know how to play your class well. As for grinding at lvl93... haven't you heard about new DQ point system? Quite many people decided to use free time to grind for DQ items to gain those points.

You all started to attack poor person for being "power leveling noob", even though the said person wanted to learn and not be one. Way to encourage players to ask and get better. Keep it up! :P
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't agree with the tone some of the players have taken but yeah this is something the OP should have known by 93.

I'm also trying to figure out why during 2x drops are people XP farming? It seems PWI cranks out XP multiplier events at a significantly higher ratio.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    cause some of us actually enjoy going slow and grinding and not spending our entire paycheck on pixels or maybe like me on top of that we're trying to get more mats for later crafting leveling faster. Plus there's the new DQ reward system. lol u just opened a whole 'nother can of worms that had nothing to do with the post (expects flaming wars now and stupid comments now....)
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BryFoo, you got a good answer from some people. Don't be afraid to ask questions in forum.
    Those who would mock you for asking a question are not worth the time nor effort to respond.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    we're not mocking.. we're laughing our butts off trying to figure out how in the hell somone lvl 90+ doesnt' know something u SHOULD know by lvl 10..... w/e... back to the game.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    we're not mocking.. we're laughing our butts off trying to figure out how in the hell somone lvl 90+ doesnt' know something u SHOULD know by lvl 10..... w/e... back to the game.

An esoteric thing this would be. Not everyone pays attention to every little detail I didn't even recognize it until the 40-50 levels. And I was paying attention I had to ask at that time too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't get what's so wrong about not knowin' this at lvl 90+...
    If he/she wouldn't know how to play his/her class, it would be sad, but not knowin' ya get different amounts of exp from each mob (with special thingie) might happen if ya don't look at every detail on the screen...so where's the problem? >_>

How do ya know he/she started playin' in March 2010? Don't tell me 'cause his/her forum profile says it...'cause that only tells ya when he/she joined the forum...not the game. So...if ya blame him/her for not knowin' the exp stuff...we could blame ya for not knowin' this, ya know? oO
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Btw....it's always either 208 Spirit or 416 Spirit.....so to me it seems like it's regular Spirit or 2x Spirit regardless of the Mob's Status.b:question

For you *******s trying to brand BryFoo as a high level noob, I read that part there and started laughing at you people.

Segreta - no no. Off the bandwagon. Now.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the implication is that someone may have lv'd up then sold the character

...there said it.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:angry What the Hell guys someone comes here to ask a simple question only to be what
    PICKED ON AND SHOT DOWN IN FAMES CALLED A NOOB ETC ETC WHAT A SAD DAY FOR PWI if ya dont have any thing good to say dont say it at all * one day it will bite ya in the ****

- Why do you even care on grinding at lv.93? doh for DQ points and coins realy who cares if they are still grinding at that lvl * its up to them *
    - If you got a work,and I assume you have some money,would be more time-wise to just spent money and not to waste your already little time on grinding?* What right to u have to tell some what to do with their hard earn money *Noone does*
    - Why do you care about exp/spirit on normal mobs when you can earn 100x times that amount on FCC(Mobs there don't have specific attributes)?Err because they dont hyper and lvl at their own pace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]