Calamity Discussion Threads

Comments

• Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver
    Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I haven't been on much the last couples weeks due to personal reasons and debating on wether or not to quit this game, because in all reality it has gone to ****. The constant nagging from this person and that person. QQ pew pew. I am tired of it. The **** about being 100 and not being able to find a single squad to run a TT to help others with gear really annoys me. I am not a MAJOR cash shopper so I am not all decked out like most of Cala/regenesis what ever the name is now. So I don't care. TW is supposed to be fun. Yes I was with Cala for a brief time left for IRL issues, put myself in arma did dailies ONLY then when I was ready to come back full time I re applied like I was told and was under the assumption I would be let back in like I was told before I left but was DENIED. Some people didnt like the fact that I left for IRL issues or that i put myself into a faction that was no threat to them IDK and I dont care anymore. But when I did a WC to join a faction DYNASTY was the only top faction that actually tried to recruit me and I have been with them every since.

The map is red oh well they achieved their goal. Now they are a new name, When they win a TW will their color be PINK, I think that would be karma, and funny. Not to mean any disrespect I have friends in cala/regeneisis or whatever its called.

I heard yesterday that there is ONLY one member in Cala and it's an alt, whether thats true or not idk, maybe to keep up with 1k herbs, who knows but then again thats not my business, I am not there. I like where I am at the time being.

Good luck cala ex cala members who is in the new faction. it would be nice to see the map different colors and to let others actually have a chance to own a land or two for more then a couple weeks. let factions whos never owned anything own something for a change let them know they can succeed at doing things. they are no less perfect then you are, maybe a little under cashed but have just as much right to land as the over cashed. they play this game to TO HAVE FUN, and taking that away from them is just wrong
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

First of all, sorry for going off topic, but I`m listening to that song for a second day and I can say that I really love it now! Thanks! b:victoryb:cute
  • SkyFi - Dreamweaver
    SkyFi - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Its all good folks the map will be random colors soon like everyone was hoping for and then will see what comes next. All this did was save 10mins of the gm's time of reseting the map. Maybe this will spice up some more spending for DW server. I believe the marketing department should look into the flow of money if it has increased/decreased do to the following changes. b:chuckle

On the other hand this gave more hope to people that had nothing better to do that one afternoon wasting more time on a game for the sake of fun. b:pleased
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    *sigh*

Yes, I am still upset that my true home (and several others) is gone. But that is not my reason for not joining Regenesis, which would be...I suppose a new home if I decided to.

Had this not happen, and we were still in Cala, my days were numbered still. I felt detached from the faction for a while. This would be my typical day.

Ask if anyone wants me for anything
    95% of the time I get the dirty minds of the faction (miss yall) saying their typical thing, but nothing else productive.
    5% of the time I do get something productive, and that's awesome.
    I watch in fac chat as I see people around me doing Nirvanas or TT's and asking for openers. Didn't I say that I wanted to do a Nirvana? Oh wait, I'm not an interval psychic...

To avoid all of this happening again (and maybe I'm wrong and it won't happen again, who knows?), I bowed out of the migration. Because I don't want to be as frustrated inside a big faction like that again.

Granted, I don't do as much now because I'm relying on world chat/friends/the other 14 members in Insanity to get them done, but the difference is that I won't feel as detached.

And why did I choose Insanity? I still have some friends there, so there is still familiarity. And also I can't be factionless for too long. I mean, I was factionless without choice for a week and was ready to quit the game then.

I will stick around; I still have unfinished business. I want to see how this map's gonna look after this weekend. And I only need 38 more uncannies until I can get my pants. And...my damn lunar top

Non-int magic-slinger looking for Nirvana or Lunar. I'm powered by caffeine and sarcasm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010
    Just saw like 15 bids on Cala ... I would just say R.I.P. Take a look at the map for a last time and remember who you are :)

EDIT : Lol, I`m feeling kinda sad to be honest..
    EDIT 2 : Have fun everybody, this is not the end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zngWhIqewAM
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just saw like 15 bids on Cala ... I would just say R.I.P. Take a look at the map for a last time and remember who you are :)

EDIT : Lol, I`m feeling kinda sad to be honest..

ya... in theory someone could make an alt faction and attack it with 1 cata
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    this weekend tw will be lame,
    looking forward to next week :)

i hope Regenesis wont be pink D: that would suck Lol

*taking screenshots of the Map every week now :3*
    i like potato
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    All I don't understand is...if most of the experienced and good Cala members are in Regensis, won't it be the same, just instead of the red Cala colour, it will be Regensis? It is gonna be the same as fighting Calamity...the name just changed..

There are several posts I agree with but I think this a top one. Starting from more psychological point, it is established, thou maybe not obvious fact that people are pulled together by common goal, such as team sport competitons (or TW in this case). So it is natural for Calamity (or any other faction) trying to be the best, which means conquesting the entire map. But that's where is the problem. Calamity achieved their goal and... well, there was no other goal to be reached. Except maybe holding the territories, which they did too.
    Unlikely as it may sound, perhaps going away was... logical???
    Why is this a discussion thread? Is it because Calamity no longer has a private forum wherein to discuss these matters?

Forgive me if I appear insensitive, I just don't see why the forum community should care about what happened. The reasons whereby Calamity disbanded are of no actual concern. The outcomes are far more applicable to the vast majority of DW. I think we should leave the forum to the usual TW speculations and reports and stop discussing motivations since it only opens the door to flaming and insults, which is exactly what you wanted to avoid.

Again, I don't mean to sound accusatory. I just don't see the point or relevance.

I don't know what happened out there in Calamity as it seems the discussion was pulled (or pushed? As I understand, someone banned the entire society out of Cala's own forums) from their forums to these ones. That is where I agree with Decus. Calamity is (or was) the greatest and one of the most dominant factions I ever seen in world of MMO but I think that, whomever pulled/pushed this topic, should've refrained from pulling/pushing in-faction squabbles to this game forum. Because, I think it is more than hypocritic act. On one hand, person is deliberately pulling/pushing this highly flamable subject to public forum as this one, and yet we're being accused for scrolling over the forum subjects. I mean, something stinks here. b:angry

I once wrote an old Latin phrase about destruction of Calamity. And as much as I envy on that big, red map every weekend, I hoped it would swept away in true and honorable (undersinging for person mentioned before) TW fashion, and not some petty squabbles because someone got sick of that particular red color.

I will allow myself to be hypocritic as well in my own way and say that, for the first and maybe last time, I think Calamity shouldn't (or shouldn've) been destroyed.

Not in this way. b:shocked

I wish you all safe journies and good hunting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    I will allow myself to be hypocritic as well in my own way and say that, for the first and maybe last time, I think Calamity shouldn't (or shouldn've) been destroyed.

Not in this way. b:shocked

I wish you all safe journies and good hunting.

The truth is, with the 68 remaining people, we would have been able to stop 80% of the attacking wars if we had agreed to it. If it was decided that we would rebuild, and we mass accepted people into calamity, we probably would have only lost 5 of those wars, maybe fewer. Mass accepting people would have been differeent though from what we had started to do late map opposed to early map. Back when I joined, my recruiter being Sabra, joining calamity was easy. Faction req was 65, I joined at lvl 52. Interview was fast.
    S:Will you reach lvl req in 1-2 weeks?
    M:Yes. Shouldn't be a problem.
    S:Will you TW?
    M:Yes I will.
    S:Do you have vent?
    M:Yes I do. I've also got a mic.
    S:Get on vent please.
    M:Sure
    S:So here are some basic rules... (list of basic rules). Can you follow those rules?
    M:Yup
    S:Welcome to Calamity
    M:Thanks

Now. I understand that the officers did not want to fall back on this old system of recruiting since we started using that application form, followed by the waiting period and stuff... but holding the land was also a possibility if it was chosen. Sure, there would be 5 new colors, heck, if we only decided to defend the 1 man factions, there would be a ton of new colors. Even if we had decided to not defend at all, at the least Calamity would still be alive, with a different roster, but Calamity would still be Calamity. It would have 68 old members and a bunch of new ones. I joined Calamity knowing 1 person who eventually quit like 3 weeks after I joined, but I made a ton of new friends. I convinced some of my friends to join Calamity as well, and they convinced some others. I'm not saying this isn't possible in Regenesis or Insanity, its just, theres an attachment to certain tags and logos.

For example, in the movie 300, all that was asked was that they change their logo to join the allied nations. Nothing else. They fought to the death. There is pride in titles, and seeing something just get destroyed without even having a chance to do anything about it. Heck, if Calamity had 1 person in the faction right now, chances are, that one person might be able to stop 4-5 of those wars himself in a 1 v 1 cata rush.

And as some people stated above, if we really wanted to have a complete faction change, wwe wouldn't have broken up into 2 factions. Something like 4 or 5 different balanced factions would have been more realistic. The majority went into Regenesis while a smaller group into Insanity. Then a few people scattered everywhere else. A lot of people are angry at both sides at each other, which is understandable. Calamity can still be ressurected but I'm pretty sure that everyone is stubborn enough now to not want to even try.

Now a lot of you have been telling me how they expected me to join Regenesis or Insanity. Actually, so far, 13 ppl. I probably will not join either on this character on the basis of pride. This character is Calamity. Stayed in Calamity since nearly the beginning, back when we still met at Sundown town, back when Calamity was the first to release Chihwen, back when Calamity was the first inside CoA and stay till the end of the instance, thinking that it might not actually be bugged, back when we were laughing at PG for being late to the Plume TW, back when Seraphim was leading, followed by lightaine, Tyranny, _Trixy_, then BB. As such, I probably will not join Regenesis or Insanity on the simple fact that I would rather not be in either faction just because I like to remember when Calamity was... well... Calamity.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    ...back when we were laughing at PG for being late to the Plume TW

Call me a wuss, but this quote in itself made me a bit teary eyed. But that was just so fricken hilarious. I was relatively new when Plume was taken. That was just an awesome victory...and the newbies were like "omg Calamity's making me lag!".

b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    S:Will you reach lvl req in 1-2 weeks?
    M:Yes. Shouldn't be a problem.
    S:Will you TW?
    M:Yes I will.
    S:Do you have vent?
    M:Yes I do. I've also got a mic.
    S:Get on vent please.
    M:Sure
    S:So here are some basic rules... (list of basic rules). Can you follow those rules?
    M:Yup
    S:Welcome to Calamity
    M:Thanks

Recruiting is so hard now, it was easy for me back then, went something like

me: Hi I want to join Calamity
    Lightaine: What level are you?
    me: 67 archer
    Lightaine: one second
    Lightaine: okay welcome to Calamity ready for invite?
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Recruiting is so hard now, it was easy for me back then, went something like

me: Hi I want to join Calamity
    Lightaine: What level are you?
    me: 67 archer
    Lightaine: one second
    Lightaine: okay welcome to Calamity ready for invite?

Lol at this. Mine was actually even easier.

RequiemMoon, Carni, Eveilness and me discussed which faction we should go to, and decided we wanted to try Calamity, so Eveilness said he was gonna fix it since he knew some people there.

I log in the day after, and get a PM from some person I didn't know called Matthew:
    Matt: You ready?
    Me: Sure, for what though o.o?
    Matt: For invite.
    Me: To squad or?
    *notices the exclamation point saying Matthew wanted to invite me to Calamity*

b:laugh
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hello, Dreamweaver.

I have another reason for returning to the game. Thank you.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hello, Dreamweaver.

I have another reason for returning to the game. Thank you.

Illy :D We missed you here at EQ.

Edit: You missed 2x :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Honestly, I could care less about the inside drama that Calamity/Regenesis/Insanity has brewing between them. I'm so much more interested in seeing how the map turns out after this weekend and how TW is affected. I'm also curious in seeing the part Regenesis will play if they choose to TW or not. (I haven't heard anything on that.) I'm still trying to convince Tria to let me pull a cata.

Take screenshots please =D
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010
    http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/115/20101105012706.jpg

Factions that will have a territorry :

Immortal, Warlock, Shinobi, Naissance, Code, Devastate, Armaggedon, Regenesis, _Zodiac_, Infernus, Emergency, Oracles, Pinoy, Lucitania, Emicus, EpicPhail, Banished, Millenia, Reverence, DrkLegacy, Dynasty, Casual, Veritas, Fallen_One, The_Truth, xBushidox, GoodTroop, Oldies, HellzAngelz, MafiaRUS, Inversion, Prodigy, Remix, DollHouse, _Legacy_, Vanquish, Crushball, Equinox, Tempets, Torment.

Sorry if I've missed someone, its just .... b:shocked
    Rainbow map, er ? Can I haz a few more rainbows ? kthxbai
    The funny thing is that Cala is remaining on the map anyway.
    Have fun everyone and good luck!
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    ya, but they didnt earn the land. Most of these factions have never even fought tw monsters. I can remember the tough fights early game when the tw monsters were high lvl mobs. i realize that even if there was a reset, the mobs wouldnt be much of a problem, however, thinking of lost, plume, 1k, arch etc, those mobs are still dangerous regardless. these factions are all strong enough to fight them properly, but it would still require effort, effort that simply been turned into a free give away. there are no charm ticks, no potions spent, no planning, no nothing. just 1-4 ppl entering into an instance, running down a lane and hitting a crystal. then next week... its a bidding war on tier 2 lands with a few tiny factions getting eaten up. in 2 months times, there will be qqing about greedy big factions and how this faction is evil, this faction's players are horrible and things like this. i realize im sounding depressing... its just, i really dont feel that a lot lot of these factions have earned their right to own land. a few of them yes. others... im not so sure.
  • /zus - Dreamweaver73
    /zus - Dreamweaver73 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ya, but they didnt earn the land.

b:victory Not all of those factions are new. :3

I know that Dynasty fought a PvE TW for Black Mountain... or Tusk Town... it's been so long that I cannot remember where it was... >.<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:victory Not all of those factions are new. :3

I know that Dynasty fought a PvE TW for Black Mountain... or Tusk Town... it's been so long that I cannot remember where it was... >.<

We kicked the **** out of everything...'til wacky threw us at Cala, like an idiot. b:shutup
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    I'm not saying that all of them are getting them freebie, actually, they have to pay at least 120k. lol. point is, a lot of them dont even know what the tw monsters are.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    I'm not saying that all of them are getting them freebie, actually, they have to pay at least 120k. lol. point is, a lot of them dont even know what the tw monsters are.

Agreed.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Old Cala Member: When I was your age, I had to kill TW mobs! Up hill! In the snow! Barehanded!

New TWer taking a freebie land: What's a TW mob?

Like that, Arliana? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Old DW TWer: When I was your age, I had to kill TW mobs! Up hill! In the snow! Barehanded!

New TWer taking a freebie land: What's a TW mob?

Fixed. -_-''
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Fixed. -_-''

Okay, okay...fair enough. b:surrender

Decus: When I was your age, I memorized all the numbers in pi!

Ivy: Mmm, pie! Was it apple pie? Peach pie? Cherry pie?

b:chuckle couldn't resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Okay, okay...fair enough. b:surrender

Decus: When I was your age, I memorized all the numbers in pi!

Ivy: Mmm, pie! Was it apple pie? Peach pie? Cherry pie?

b:chuckle couldn't resist.

b:angry Pi is not food!

Also, I love peach, apple, and cherry pie. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Pi= 4x (1-1/3+1/5-1/7+1/9-1/11+1/13..........)

the ... should be an indication of how amazing he is.

but ya. i miss the old days when cala killed mobs instead of these days where ppl hit an undefended crystal
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010

The Leibniz series is hardly a good way to approximate it D:

Far better is to just use C/d or A/(r^2) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    edited November 2010

Wut is this, I don't even ...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wut is this, I don't even ...

Old man dec is a math wiz..er..cleric. o.o
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
This discussion has been closed.