Question for all the ex Elusive

BigFIuffy - Archosaur
BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Why did you all join nemesis?

Everyone who was in Elusive either:

A. Didn't want 1 faction to dominate the map thereby needed to beat Narla
Nemesis at this rate will just roll the server

B. Didn't like Narla and wanted to beat up Narla
Nemesis= Narla dummy's they got same leader same director, they even start with the same N

Nemesis is a more fitting name though for what Narla was when Elusive beat em.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BigFIuffy - Archosaur on

Comments

• coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    because I said if you guys wanted to TW you might as well go to nemesis since elusive is locked up for who knows how much longer and I don't expect you guys to stick around waiting anymore, especially with me going inactive. the only other options were to either 1) make their own faction, but they obviously didn't feel like leading one and neither miz or zhadi wanted to anymore at that point or 2) go join a faction together, because none of 'em wanted to split up as they had grown fond of each other. they sure as hell weren't going to narla, definitely not to darkside, and so nemesis quickly became the last option. and rionhale seems to be a closet d0uche bag and talking **** on elusive behind the curtains so I wasn't going to encourage them to go to immunity.

but if nemesis turned out to be the uber faction because of it, well maybe one of you guys still playing need to find it in you to inspire them to leave and get things interesting again. elusive players, no matter where they end up, respond best to 1 thing. you just gotta know how to tap in and turn the fun switch on
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    SyGrrr - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Fluffy's point is that Nemesis is more Narla than Narla is atm. Honestly, if anyone still wanted to fight against Narla, they should join Narla.
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited October 2010
    Because people on this server are sheeple..
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Didn't want 1 faction to dominate the map thereby needed to beat Narla

/server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    whatever the decision is, it is that of each individual's and it is none of anybody else's business.

i went for my own reasons.
    now i'm outta there.

who gives a damn, is all im trying to say. just join a faction and dont make it ur business to know which one others join.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Everyone who was in Elusive either:

A. Didn't want 1 faction to dominate the map thereby needed to beat Narla

B. Didn't like Narla and wanted to beat up Narla
    Nemesis= Narla dummy's they got same leader same director, they even start with the same N

Nemesis is a more fitting name though for what Narla was when Elusive beat em.

I didn`t, therefore saying all ex-elusive is rather misleading =). And btw, server is actually rather interesting, power balance shifting all the time, I just wonder which name is enough gather the old names together. Ex-Narla is on 2 bigger bits, other powerhouse of old Archo aka Impulse has been chopped into a lot smaller pieces. There will be faction that gathers those ppl together, which and when is the only real question, assuming ppl don`t completely quit and stop to TW.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Kirkitsune - Archosaur
    Kirkitsune - Archosaur Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    IMO, the best place to be for fun TW is Narla right now. They've had multiple ganks in the past few weeks. Plus, I predict 3 way ganks from Darkside, Immunity, and Nemesis. I also see that ULMOS has remade his little faction. I think they'll end up bidding on Narla as well. I just wish I could be there, stupid school. b:cry
  • Lorael - Dreamweaver
    Lorael - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You guys have TW?
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I didn't, although yes alot did. And still more joined and left. I don't know what is going on anymore. I'm consistently getting 4-6 hours per week of TW on Sanctuary server, so for now I'm taking a break from TW on Archosaur.

Although my wiz on Sanctuary has no cash in his gear, and I am one shot by, well, everyone, its still more fun than TW has been on this server since its inception, with the sole exception of about a combined total of maybe 6 or 7 Narla vs Impulse/ Elusive vs Narla battles.

Here's hoping Archosaur settles into 3 or 4 strong TW factions like are on Sanctuary right now, not to mention the 3-4 minor factions that, if they draw a double defense, can still put up a fight.

And here's hoping that, if Arch doesn't, Sanctuary doesn't just turn into everyone running to Regicide.

they sure as hell weren't going to narla, definitely not to darkside, and so nemesis quickly became the last option. and rionhale seems to be a closet d0uche bag and talking **** on elusive behind the curtains so I wasn't going to encourage them to go to immunity.

Hello, he who shall not be named . . . .

While I do understand what you are saying, at the same time I don't. Elusive wasn't exactly composed of people that were all sugary sweet with each other, so I am not sure how any faction is completely ruled out for any reason. I guess I can understand not going to Narla, but Narla (other than the name) really isn't the same faction. Hell, even Bun$ left. Agent too (left twice in the last month, in fact!)

All I am saying is, people need to be willing to shake things up a bit to keep them fun. And ruling this faction or that faction out, making everyone go to one faction once again, seems to be the opposite of what was so good about Elusive.

What the server needs is 3 or 4 Elusives (factions composed of people that are committed to fun TW, putting everything else (map domination, friendships, end game pve content (as though the last 2 can't be had outside of your faction) in the back seat. That way, if there is an imbalance again, with only a few, short TWs every week, people can shift, restore some balance of power, and let the fun continue.

Fluffy's point is that Nemesis is more Narla than Narla is atm. Honestly, if anyone still wanted to fight against Narla, they should join Narla.

"Nemesis is more Narla than Narla is atm"

OMG, I actually understood this. And in fact agree.
    And btw, server is actually rather interesting, power balance shifting all the time . . . .

For those that still don't get what Elusive gave to the server . . . .

Although I don't get that it is shifting "all the time". As fluffy is pointing out, end of the day Nemesis is now the dominant faction on the server. I haven't seen any TWs here to say if they are lasting 1 hr or 20 mins, but I smell the server heading back to where it was.

I think Darkside has peaked.
    Narla is what Elusive was week 1 or 2.
    Asuras is a few weeks late to build a credible threat - all Elusive's children already crept out the back door. Although its fun to see the name on the server again and I hope I'm wrong.
    And Nemesis seems to have gone on the same life cycle that Narla did, at a much accelerated pace. Core group of players, add in miscellaneous, relatively independent players, add in "the enemy" (then ex-Impulse, now ex-Elusive) and there you have it.

What I would like to see is a strong narla, nemesis, darkside, asuras, and even immunity (don't be too hard on Rion, he probably would have liked everyone to go to immunity to compete against Narla instead of a new faction). And if one faction has enough power to roll the others, the others make them defend 2 and 3x as many TWs. And if they defend 2 and 3x successfully, here's hoping there are a group of players in that dominant faction have the guts to put their egos aside, leave the top of the mountain and try to make TW competitive once again.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Funny...I was just having a public conversation out by South Banker about this same situation with a few people the other day....

I dont get it either, tbh.
  • coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    blood you know better than anybody what I first tried to do but noone trusted what I was saying at that point in time. I was going to get narla and elusive to disband which would have made easier the betterment of multiple factions but of course mango couldn't follow through because he caved in to the requests of some of the stubborn few that remained and made his worse mistake ever by passing leadership to 'em so they could try and salvage narlas good name. now true elusive couldn't disband either given the 'situation,' and not going to lie a lot of people wanted to keep elusive going, but only the delusional (namely brent40) would think elusive was going to just turn into the next narla, so that never really mattered in the grand scheme of things. if narla died, nobody would've felt pressured to stay together (besides maybe some really close friends moving together) because there would be no #1 faction threatening to take over the map. that final nail in the coffin was pertinent but since it didn't go down when that first weekend cane after what should've been a refreshing start for a lot of people, while narla had smug smiles on their faces for defeating their 6 or so noob attackers, it was just another sign of sheer ignorance and stupidity. had things gone right it would've been a great server for everybody, but of course so few appreciated the opportune moment when it presented itself probably because people are selfish on this game. if each land was a different unit of choclate than narla would've been the fat kid who eats everybody elses candy thinking if he can sleep good then well the hell with everybody else.

anyway i'm hard pressed to believe me telling 15 people on vent nemesis would be their best bet 'ruined' all the momentum elusive created. besides when I said that mangos reputation was shot (yet evidently without mattering) and nemesis was definitely weaker than darkside and narla (this was before a lot more narla ended up leaving if i recall corectly)

It is funny to me though, because even if the server is starting to suck like some people insinuate, its the exact same environment that Elusive started out in. like zhadi said what people do people do, its all their peragotive, I don't think anybody should hold elusive members accountable for wanting to stick toghether when a lot of people were guilty of that for many many months when the server could've used bold action and the breaking of this naive sense of 'loyalty' that just runs the server straight into the ground.

i'm really enjoying myself elsewhere atm, but I wish the best for those still playing here. i'm sure it'll clique for one of you eventually and there will be another elusive at the very least trying to bring fun back to the server.

ciao b:bye
  • brent40
    edited November 2010
    this is what happened

b:kiss Ice, nutcase
    edited November 2010
    blood you know better than anybody what I first tried to do but noone trusted what I was saying at that point in time.

b:question did i say something different than this?

IJS, i don't think it is correct that any one faction should be ruled out. Balance among the factions is more important than personal disagreements one player may have with another.

I am probably going to wait around for the next super power and the next underdog challenger factions to reveal themselves and join the underdog. I'd rather lose in 1 hour than win in 20 minutes anyday. And the glory is to be had in taking down the king, not in conquering an empty map.

Unless, of course, they bring back TW pay . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • brent40
    edited November 2010
    Unless, of course, they bring back TW pay . . . .

Finally someone mentions what really changed the server b:thanks
    edited November 2010
    brent40 wrote: »
    Finally someone mentions what really changed the server b:thanks

Did someone say that didn't? Or do you think someone saying that one thing changed the server means by necessity that they believe another thing couldn't?
  • EPro - Archosaur
    EPro - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nemesis? Haha I haven't heard that name in a long time. Same scenario as Sanctuary by the looks of it. Hopefully, this time it wont end with a duke rose glitch that caused mass quitting and decimation of the faction.

Starting an ol revival I see Mango b:chuckle
    edited November 2010
    Nemesis? Haha I haven't heard that name in a long time. Same scenario as Sanctuary by the looks of it. Hopefully, this time it wont end with a duke rose glitch that caused mass quitting and decimation of the faction.

Starting an ol revival I see Mango b:chuckle

Aw, I thought it was from the 2002 Star Trek movie . . . .
  • Katanyia - Archosaur
    Katanyia - Archosaur Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Here we go again...naming names, pointing fingers, accusations, changing words around to suit your own points, drama, drama, drama. For the record let me say this and this is only my opinion and I'm sure you will all enjoy tearing me to pieces for it...Nemesis is NOT Narla. Yes, we carry the same standards that Narla originally had, why shouldn't we? There was nothing wrong with those standards....but our goal is NOT to own the damn map. We just want to have FUN as you see us saying over and over in our recruitments. We plan to do TW every week whether we win or lose, who cares? We just want good TW's. People are joining from lots of places and guess what....we really are having fun! Honestly, that was a valuable lesson I learned FROM Elusive..focus on having fun first and foremost (thank you Proski) Yes, we are absolutely a TW faction, so? And by the way, not THAT many ex-Elusive are with us and Zhadi can tell you that. We are not worried about who joins or who leaves or anything else. We certainly don't treat people like **** if they choose to leave and go somewhere else either. We tell them to go where they can have the most fun in the game. We concern ourselves with providing entertainment for anyone that joins and nothing more. No drama, no whining, no BS...just a bunch of us having fun. What is so wrong with that? Isn't this what a good faction is supposed to do?
  • EPro - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    Aw, I thought it was from the 2002 Star Trek movie . . . .

haha well I guess we can go with that because it sounds more...interesting?

Here we go again...naming names, pointing fingers, accusations, changing words around to suit your own points, drama, drama, drama. For the record let me say this and this is only my opinion and I'm sure you will all enjoy tearing me to pieces for it...Nemesis is NOT Narla. Yes, we carry the same standards that Narla originally had, why shouldn't we? There was nothing wrong with those standards....but our goal is NOT to own the damn map. We just want to have FUN as you see us saying over and over in our recruitments. We plan to do TW every week whether we win or lose, who cares? We just want good TW's. People are joining from lots of places and guess what....we really are having fun! Honestly, that was a valuable lesson I learned FROM Elusive..focus on having fun first and foremost (thank you Proski) Yes, we are absolutely a TW faction, so? And by the way, not THAT many ex-Elusive are with us and Zhadi can tell you that. We are not worried about who joins or who leaves or anything else. We certainly don't treat people like **** if they choose to leave and go somewhere else either. We tell them to go where they can have the most fun in the game. We concern ourselves with providing entertainment for anyone that joins and nothing more. No drama, no whining, no BS...just a bunch of us having fun. What is so wrong with that? Isn't this what a good faction is supposed to do?

Oh Katanyia, how stressful this game has made you (as it is evident in your posts, and i've been silently trolling :P) I say, to heck with the nay sayers, accusers and flamers. Just go have fun ^^. Sure it's an mmo and it is a community based game so just focus your energy on the community that matters, your faction . The rest can eat a pile of b:shutup. Remember, justification is only needed to those that matter, so dont give the trolls that satisfaction xD
  • Katanyia - Archosaur
    Katanyia - Archosaur Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Oh Katanyia, how stressful this game has made you (as it is evident in your posts, and i've been silently trolling :P) I say, to heck with the nay sayers, accusers and flamers. Just go have fun ^^. Sure it's an mmo and it is a community based game so just focus your energy on the community that matters, your faction . The rest can eat a pile of b:shutup. Remember, justification is only needed to those that matter, so dont give the trolls that satisfaction xD

Yep, your absolutely right. Thank you. In fact, until I saw all this tonight I've been so NOT stressed for the last couple weeks and finally just having fun. Remind me never to come here again ok? b:surrender
  • EPro - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    Yep, your absolutely right. Thank you. In fact, until I saw all this tonight I've been so NOT stressed for the last couple weeks and finally just having fun. Remind me never to come here again ok? b:surrender

Sure thing. I'll ESPN you
    edited November 2010
    Here we go again...naming names, pointing fingers, accusations, changing words around to suit your own points, drama, drama, drama.

Hope you don't mean me. I am specifically staying out of the TW back and forth for the forseeable future. I have no points.
    For the record let me say this and this is only my opinion and I'm sure you will all enjoy tearing me to pieces for it...Nemesis is NOT Narla. Yes, we carry the same standards that Narla originally had, why shouldn't we? There was nothing wrong with those standards....

Anyone tear Katanyia to pieces has to face my mighty pen!!!!b:angry

Er, my mighty keyboard?

To the point though, same standards? Maybe, but time will tell best. Not being crappy, ijs.

But when Nemesis has the same leader, same director, many of the same players, purports to have the "same standards" . . . . Its not exactly unfair to say that Nemesis is more Narla than what Narla is atm.

Thats not a bad thing. But it is, well, what it is.
    ....but our goal is NOT to own the damn map.

But note that this is a "standard" different from what Narla had become. Again, not flaming, but it is just plain true.
    We just want to have FUN as you see us saying over and over in our recruitments. We plan to do TW every week whether we win or lose, who cares? We just want good TW's. People are joining from lots of places and guess what....we really are having fun! Honestly, that was a valuable lesson I learned FROM Elusive..focus on having fun first and foremost (thank you Proski)

Bravo!!!

The test, if you will, to show lessons learned is not now, however. It is when one faction starts rolling the others week, after week, after week, no show after no show after no show. The test, imho, will be as I said above:
    And if one faction has enough power to roll the others . . . here's hoping there are a group of players in that dominant faction have the guts to put their egos aside, leave the top of the mountain and try to make TW competitive once again.

If that happens, noone will be able to deny what the goal is. The proof will be in the pudding. THAT is all I was really saying.

Oddly, it looks like another server may have gotten it right, although I don't really know the details so i should probably b:shutup

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=904822&page=10
    And by the way, not THAT many ex-Elusive are with us and Zhadi can tell you that.

I don't think it was necessarily a large number that was the surprise to Fluffy, just the fact that it would have happened at all, given the history. I think I was surprised by it a bit as well, to be honest. Its just I don't really care - to each his own, live and let live and all.

I know it may not seem it, but you know me well enough to know 2 things about me Katanyia:

1. I am very much live and let live, but
    2. I am very big into loyalty.

You step on number 2, and I become not so nice.
    We certainly don't treat people like **** if they choose to leave and go somewhere else either.

Again, somewhat different attitude from at least some in the old Narla. Well, not the "old" Narla. Maybe call it "second generation" Narla (back to star trek references? honestly, I was not even into those movies that much, lol).

Here's hoping for a better third generation Narla.
    We concern ourselves with providing entertainment for anyone that joins and nothing more.

I guess, but don't let you-know-who (trying not to name names, just for you) work so hard at it. He needs to play too. Otherwise this is work without pay, which is . . . slavery. Slavery is no fun, I would imagine.

Me and swift are having fun just hanging out in our little make-shift faction (had to go to lvl 2 already, not really what I was intending), tanking bosses for lowbies, catching up on quests, his utter obsession with these card bosses (I'm thinking of having his significant other seek professional counseling for him), etc., etc., etc.

TW is fun. I like it as much if not more than anyone. But if you take it too seriously, the few minutes of TW each week will OWN you. Less plotting, less planning, if your strategizing TW prior to Thursday each week, you need to have a Nemesis boss day or a pool party or something and just chill.

And if you are being pestered by members with petty **** so much you can't get things done, or enjoy the game yourself, don't spam the entire faction with an email through the forums saying "I'm not your personal cleric". Even if 30 people were bugging him on a daily basis, that email is very off-putting to the 150 others in faction that may very well have never asked him for a damn thing.

Just put them on your blacklist for a few weeks.b:bye They will either get the point or leave faction. Either way, its a win for you.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    [...] The bids can only be made if the faction has a real intention of attacking and trying to win the territory... [...]
    [...]
    The intention to win the war must always be there....

This is and has always been Narla's main goal. Whether that's a good or bad thing is all objective. But we'll never be questioned as to whether we are following the TW rules raw.

"Loyal to the faction not to the man" has been something I've kind of lived by at this point, even though I'm pretty sure even now I get alot of back-talking, lies etc spread about.

What standards we "had"? Not that we still don't have them-we're just re-combing back though them and making sure all the grammar and English is correct so that it leaves no misinterpretations b:laugh Factions are of their own leadership and what makes Narla what it is is not so much the people who were the loudest players who take the same standards (which are honestly common sense and are not copywrites of any one faction) and go make their own faction, but its the countless other players who stand in the shadows not saying much at all, who work their hardest despite whether people know or not...THEY are the face of Narla currently. THEY are more Narla than anything atm.

Who we have now are people who were loyal to the body of people as a whole and that again has changed what Narla is. Not that it's anything bad but it's definitely something that needs working on, something that's been a constant project and that will definitely have majoring growing pains before it gets all worked out. The reason why Narla did not disband and is still even around was that people wanted to save it and keep their home, and someone fighting for their home definitely packs alot of passion in what they do. (Not saying we don't have equally passionate people anywhere else on the server, but I think that it's something to note.)

Meh well anyways that's just my little 2 cents before I go back to working on my mid-terms see you all later when I'm free of my crazy schedule :3
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
    edited November 2010
    The reason why Narla did not disband and is still even around was that people wanted to save it and keep their home . . . .

I did not understand the majority of the post, but this was clear enough.

"Home", they say, is where the heart is.

I suppose for some soft-hearted (some would say soft-headed), there could be a sentimental attachment to the name, which certainly still continues. Not something I can relate to, for sure (I always thought it was a bit of an odd name, sorry Rob), but to each his own.

I suppose it could be an attachment to the people. But given the many, many of those that have left, I am not sure that is all that believable. You just happened to stay attached to the people that stayed and not the people that left, even though until the split you (hell, we) were all together? Possible? Sure. Likely? Not so much.

Or . . . could it be the land? Land that still blares pink Narla's name across the server. Land that still throws off more mirages to Narla than any other faction (mirages, yes, but with enough land it is still a significant sum in the millions). Land which, as each of you fly across the map, allows you to believe you are part of something great as you see "Held by Narla", "Held by Narla", "Held by Narla", flash across your screen over and over and over again.

Land which Narla, in my estimation, placed above all else till it was, in fact, its undoing.

As to whether it is true they stayed out of a sense of "home"? Well, we won't really know that unless and until Narla has no land at all. Until then, it is equally likely (and far more believable) that the majority stayed in an effort to try to protect the land, far more than any sentimental attachment to the name, or the people, or consequently any sort of sense of "home".

To each their own, Tami. I won't pretend to say why you stayed (although your suzie-homemaker act would have played better had you not acted towards me as you did after I left Narla). But likewise you should not be so certain when profess to speak to the motives of all the others that stayed in Narla.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    No worries, Blood....it IS an odd name, but thats what sparked the momentum that became the machine that Narla was. We all bonded over the fact that Impulse v 1.0/1.5/2.0 called us Narnia/Narnians/Narwhals, god knows what else. (and also the fact that everyone in Narla poked fun at me because I'm the weirdo who came up with the name)

I think memories tend to stick with names. And that is what everyone is grasping for, those 'good' memories in Narla. Sure, Narla v. 1.0 had some rough bumps, but we went through them and came out stronger.

Obviously, Narla v. 1.5 and 2.0 just arent doing good. This is where I would just say, end it already.

My original goal, that was discussed with ye olde officers when Narla was created, WAS to dominate this map. In its entirety. Where every single damn land was bright pink like a *** guy just threw up all over the map. Once that last piece of land was taken, we would split and give the server back its land. Of course, with that, would come constant QQ'ing, flame threads, and virtual **** thrown from virtual idiots who act like primates. But Narla wasnt always all about the swift takeover of the map. We had fun, tons of it. We constantly entertained ourselves, had tons of faction events, competitions, contests, prizes. We actively pursued individuals to PvP with the server, help the server out. To say that Narla v 1.0 was some kind of fanatical monster out to get everyone in their sleep is a load of bs. Its a competitive game. We were bringing our p-p-p-poker face to the table! We honestly only expected the same from everyone else.

But something, someone, somewhere....didnt know what the hell they were doing, and one snowflake grew into an avalanche.

This is probably a wrong avenue to go down, but whatever, I'm on a roll here. Save face, get the hell out of there, and just let it go. Its pretty clear people have chosen which sheep herder they are going to follow, but for the sake of everyone else...just bow gracefully out and start fresh, without constantly walking in the shadow of something that doesnt even exist anymore.

I've said my piece. Im sure some were waiting for it. So there it is.

This is still the best damn server (ghost or not) that I've ever seen in this game, most of you that I know, are awesome peeps. So lets light one up, sit back, and just relax! b:victory

(Side note, did you know that there is a Narla in India? I just found that out today! http://tinyurl.com/27q7s8n)
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No worries, Blood....it IS an odd name, but thats what sparked the momentum that became the machine that Narla was. We all bonded over the fact that Impulse v 1.0/1.5/2.0 called us Narnia/Narnians/Narwhals, god knows what else. (and also the fact that everyone in Narla poked fun at me because I'm the weirdo who came up with the name)

I think memories tend to stick with names. And that is what everyone is grasping for, those 'good' memories in Narla. Sure, Narla v. 1.0 had some rough bumps, but we went through them and came out stronger.

Obviously, Narla v. 1.5 and 2.0 just arent doing good. This is where I would just say, end it already.

My original goal, that was discussed with ye olde officers when Narla was created, WAS to dominate this map. In its entirety. Where every single damn land was bright pink like a *** guy just threw up all over the map. Once that last piece of land was taken, we would split and give the server back its land. Of course, with that, would come constant QQ'ing, flame threads, and virtual **** thrown from virtual idiots who act like primates. But Narla wasnt always all about the swift takeover of the map. We had fun, tons of it. We constantly entertained ourselves, had tons of faction events, competitions, contests, prizes. We actively pursued individuals to PvP with the server, help the server out. To say that Narla v 1.0 was some kind of fanatical monster out to get everyone in their sleep is a load of bs. Its a competitive game. We were bringing our p-p-p-poker face to the table! We honestly only expected the same from everyone else.

But something, someone, somewhere....didnt know what the hell they were doing, and one snowflake grew into an avalanche.

This is probably a wrong avenue to go down, but whatever, I'm on a roll here. Save face, get the hell out of there, and just let it go. Its pretty clear people have chosen which sheep herder they are going to follow, but for the sake of everyone else...just bow gracefully out and start fresh, without constantly walking in the shadow of something that doesnt even exist anymore.

I've said my piece. Im sure some were waiting for it. So there it is.

This is still the best damn server (ghost or not) that I've ever seen in this game, most of you that I know, are awesome peeps. So lets light one up, sit back, and just relax! b:victory

(Side note, did you know that there is a Narla in India? I just found that out today! http://tinyurl.com/27q7s8n)

I knew your name (and your archer) and Narla was from India.

My stereotypes never fail me. b:laugh
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    I knew your name (and your archer) and Narla was from India.

My stereotypes never fail me. b:laugh

-.- Blow me, Jerry I dont speak...Indian, I had NO idea, I swear! b:cry
    edited November 2010
    My original goal, that was discussed with ye olde officers when Narla was created, WAS to dominate this map. In its entirety. Once that last piece of land was taken, we would split and give the server back its land. Its a competitive game. We were bringing our p-p-p-poker face to the table! We honestly only expected the same from everyone else

Yes, but I am certain when you had that goal, you had no idea the map would be empty by the time you acquired barely a third of it. You expected there to be someone else with a p-p-p-poker face sitting across the table from you. Instead of poker, we were quickly playing solitaire.

What went wrong is taking the map became an empty goal. Too many 20 minute rolls. Too many no shows. Narla was just too damn good at what it did.
    This is still the best damn server (ghost or not) that I've ever seen in this game, most of you that I know, are awesome peeps.

Nice to say about the players here, and to a certain extent true. But though that might be, this server is pretty darn boring and has been for a while.
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oh...
    this thread's still going?
    b:surrender
  • Azealiacia - Archosaur
    Azealiacia - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    People from Archosaur can acctually speak to eachother civally without the big "I'm better then you" talk... b:victory well, That's good to hear...Lets try to bring that kind of adult behavoir to the server...yes? b:shocked That's a no -.-b:surrender
    It's the end of PWI as we know it. Packs going to 50 cents jumped our economy up to 1mil per gold. It's over for non-cashoppers.